Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Orthogonalus posted:

There was a spectacular LP of The Moment of Silence a long, long time ago, but I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore. Which is a shame, because it was really funny and fits your description perfectly. Maybe if you have archives you can still find it? I don't know how these things work.

http://lparchive.org/lpmaster/

What a helpful site, don't you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardtarget
Mar 28, 2010

Rolls on Shabbos

HenryEx posted:

it's too bad some of that stuff hasn't been put into the letsplay archives

Orthogonalus
Feb 26, 2008
Right angles ONLY

HenryEx posted:

Huh, didn't know about the master list.

Well, there it is then, if you have archives. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2862602

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Orthogonalus posted:

Well, there it is then, if you have archives. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2862602

I seem to remember some of the images going missing on this. If it's not, this one needs to be archived, it's fantastic.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Orthogonalus posted:

Huh, didn't know about the master list.

I will try archiving it, but if it missing too many images or some updates, then it can't be archived.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

I will try archiving it, but if it missing too many images or some updates, then it can't be archived.

Page 3 is really missing a lot, like all of them. :sigh: And this is the only one recommended in this style which I haven't already read.

If the images stay missing, you could try contacting the author to see if they still have those.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Page 3 is really missing a lot, like all of them. :sigh: And this is the only one recommended in this style which I haven't already read.

If the images stay missing, you could try contacting the author to see if they still have those.

Yep, there is multiple updates with missing images. I will try contacting the author, but most times they have long since erased their files (taxidermist pasta comes to mind).

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Hard Time is a little LP buried within another LP. MDickie is a horrendous independent game designer, and this LP covers his older prison...adventure? The game's dialogue and scripting are beyond absurd and Daeren suffers through it all for our enjoyment. Don't like the fact that a shooting rampage only adds 4 days to your character's sentence? :dealwithit:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Pander18 posted:

Um yeah. I liked SoE's atmosphere, but holy gently caress it was just maze after maze, endless screen after screen...it was like 10x grindier than SoM to level up your weapons/spells and make it through places. I pitied you guys for trying to do it justice. You basically have to screenshot it or hand-wave yourselves past some of the dungeons.

They didn't try the rebalancing patch, did they? Makes it a ton easier to level up weapons and magic.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Tallgeese posted:

They didn't try the rebalancing patch, did they? Makes it a ton easier to level up weapons and magic.

I didn't even know such a thing existed.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Feinne posted:

I didn't even know such a thing existed.

I only have the actual SNES cartridge, so it's a moot point for me.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
Back in the day I really liked watching slowbeef and diabetus's multi-man VLPs. I liked the jokes, the personable hosts, the easy, witty banter, and the soothing voices. What are some other good VLPs that feature 2+ people cracking jokes as they play games? I don't got no archives.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Back in the day I really liked watching slowbeef and diabetus's multi-man VLPs. I liked the jokes, the personable hosts, the easy, witty banter, and the soothing voices. What are some other good VLPs that feature 2+ people cracking jokes as they play games? I don't got no archives.

Mercenaries 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2 are the most immediate ones that come to mind. Also, you can check out the Let's Play Archive (does not require archives) for completed LPs.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Luigi%20Mansion/

It's pretty short, but decently amusing. RChimpCola and Sinatropod make a good team.

\/ \/ \/ I know.

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Apr 15, 2010

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Teledahn posted:

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/Luigi%20Mansion/

It's pretty short, but decently amusing. RChimpCola and Sinatropod make a good team.

Those two are also doing a Resident Evil 5 co-op run in the "Co-Op Megathread".

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3264369

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

I really like subbed VLP's. Unfortunately it looks like Voidburger has like vanished from the Silent Hill LP which was the only one I knew of. Are there any running right now?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Peanut President posted:

I really like subbed VLP's. Unfortunately it looks like Voidburger has like vanished from the Silent Hill LP which was the only one I knew of. Are there any running right now?

Erenthal's World In Conflict LP combines superb gameplay, informative commentary and almost cinematic camerawork into a drat good subVLP.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Well, if you haven't been around the last few months their Dead to Rights LP was one of the funniest things I've watched on this forum. The game is just so bad it's good.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Thanks sniper!

TyrantSabre
Nov 4, 2009

Get close to the explosion.

Peanut President posted:

Rooreeeloo's Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts LP - as well as his completed Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie LPs - are really clever, funny subVLPs that I enjoy quite a bit.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.

Peanut President posted:

Yeah :( Blame school. I'm graduating May 17th. Which means I'm comin' back on the LP scene in about a month!

In an effort to turn this into a post with content, Jamesman's Yakuza LP is awesome and is the only thing I've been keeping up with lately. It's not subbed though, so it's not particularly helpful to Peanut President...

But if you haven't watched Egomaniac's (subbed, VLP) LP of Fatal Frame 2, I suggest you do! It's in the LP archive.

VoidBurger fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 15, 2010

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG
Subbed VLPs, you say?
BarkingSquirrel's Ghostbusters thread is definitely something you'd want to check out, then. He provides a lot of informative commentary about the game and its background information, and since he's doing it subbed, the game's own charm and great voice acting really shine through.

Luquos
Aug 9, 2009

how about we go back to my place and i conquer your world, if you know what i mean

Peanut President posted:

There's also the infamously slow updating and almost finished Spyro Megathread, which, by the way, is rather great.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Thanks everybody and woot to Silent Hill coming back.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 16, 2010

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal
Might & Magic II:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2807354

This is an old one but I love the quality and effort put into it. Typically still shots LP's are hard for me to get into, but this one was well done. Thank you Thuryl for playing this so I would not have to.

Suspicious' Heretic and Wugga's Quake threads where awesome as well; really impressed with how they man-handled the games and where also had enjoyable commentating voices (big thing for video LP's) and where great with talking through the game, mechanics, etc.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

A while ago, someone was asking about good late night/insomniac LPs (I think it was jade star, but not sure and it doesn't really matter), and I've been watching Let's Play Demon's Souls. And man, it fits the bill perfectly. The game itself is contradictory in nature, it's extremely difficult, yet it's also a really subdued and muted experience. Squint tackles this game perfectly, with some expert play that makes the game look trivially easy, and provides very insightful commentary while keeping the tone soft and generally quiet. He's not afraid to shut up at moments and let the atmosphere of the game overtake you. It's also pretty long, allowing you to waste some long nights.

It is such a well done LP. The videos would have really suffered from multiple commentators or loudmouths, and would have been dreadfully dull with subtitles, so I'm really glad that somebody came along and did it right.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Apr 18, 2010

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

SLDrisk posted:

Might & Magic II:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2807354

This is an old one but I love the quality and effort put into it. Typically still shots LP's are hard for me to get into, but this one was well done. Thank you Thuryl for playing this so I would not have to.

This one is actually on the Let's Play Archive:

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/mightmagic2/

I enjoyed it quite a bit; he went to the trouble of pointing out the game's various dick moves, which was entertaining, and also demonstrated how to completely break the game by the end of it.

well HECK Phil
Feb 25, 2010
Toilet Rascal
Bless that LP archive, it's been such a provider of enjoyment!

Also a good one:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3252655

Oberleutnant playing through Silent Hunter III; again a a good example of still-shot LP'ing. Awesome thread overall with what the LP'er and the viewers are providing to the thread.

edit: posted this and totally forgot that I wanted to recommend this post as well. I promise not to spam this thread.

well HECK Phil fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 18, 2010

woodenchicken
Aug 19, 2007

Nap Ghost

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

Yep, there is multiple updates with missing images. I will try contacting the author, but most times they have long since erased their files (taxidermist pasta comes to mind).
So I have this thing. It's the entire thread (sans page 1) with the images intact. You could probably extract the pictures from it, if the author no longer has them.

Jesus why do I have this

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
People should probably read the Web of Shadows lp.

Don't bother with the videos it's the thread that delivers. In fact you could probably skip the first two pages if you want.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Kuno posted:

Don't bother with the videos it's the thread that delivers. In fact you could probably skip the first two pages if you want.

Someone got banned for being remarkably creepy and people are saying "Wow, that sure is creepy."

Sure is amazing and worth seeing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

woodenchicken posted:

So I have this thing. It's the entire thread (sans page 1) with the images intact. You could probably extract the pictures from it, if the author no longer has them.

Jesus why do I have this

Thank you very much. I'm able to replace the missing images using this, so it shouldn't take long to edit it and publish it on baldurk's site.

[edit] It's going to be a good while before I'm done editing it. Entire updates without images that I have to extract the images from your file to restore. The first page only had three updates, which only had a total of five missing images. Nothing too major through.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 24, 2010

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Popo posted:

Someone got banned for being remarkably creepy and people are saying "Wow, that sure is creepy."

Sure is amazing and worth seeing.

2 actually. One was the LPer.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

Thank you very much. I'm able to replace the missing images using this, so it shouldn't take long to edit it and publish it on baldurk's site.

Both of you are pretty awesome for doing this. Thank you.

Content: God of War 2 just started, is totally awesome, and is highly likely to be finished. The first God of War looks pretty weak in comparison to the first three videos posted of GoW2.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Perfect Potato posted:

2 actually. One was the LPer.

Wait, the LPer got banned for being creepy?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wait, the LPer got banned for being creepy?

And loving how!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Syrg Sapphire posted:

And loving how!

Holy poo poo look at that fanfic list. Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Digimon :gonk::gonk::gonk:

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Kuno posted:

Edit: You know what? Nevermind. There is no point in dragging that stupid poo poo into this thread too.

But getting back on track I would like to recommend Roosevelts harry potter lp to anyone who likes LP's that are extremely chill and layed back. Most of the subforum takes lp way too seriously and they tend to be a refreshing change of pace. Also they are funny and showing off a bad game.

Clever Spambot fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 25, 2010

Last Emperor
Oct 30, 2009

Anyone able to recommend LP's similar to Khad's Penumbra and Cryostasis playthroughs?

Specifically I mean VLP's of Horror games but Voice and not Subbed. A Blind-Run one would be a bigger plus but I think that's probably asking a little too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Last Emperor posted:

Anyone able to recommend LP's similar to Khad's Penumbra and Cryostasis playthroughs?

Specifically I mean VLP's of Horror games but Voice and not Subbed. A Blind-Run one would be a bigger plus but I think that's probably asking a little too much.

Raar Im a Dinosaur's LP of System Shock 2 is pretty similar im tone. LP starts to get really good after the six or so video once Raar ditches the gimmick commentary to a style more like Khad's.

http://lparchive.org/LetsPlay/SystemShock2/

• Locked thread