Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
dammit, has he at least learned to start wearing boxers to bed? his room is pretty popular hangout at night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Maldraedior posted:

dammit, has he at least learned to start wearing boxers to bed? his room is pretty popular hangout at night

He will be sleeping fully clothed for the rest of his life.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Wow, it's like Pete is tremendously drunk and/or high, but he's not. He's that crazy dude you know (and everybody knows one of these) who's just fundamentally wrong yet completely functional in society.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

ManiacClown posted:

Wow, it's like Pete is tremendously drunk and/or high, but he's not. He's that crazy dude you know (and everybody knows one of these) who's just fundamentally wrong yet completely functional in society.

um I don't think Nice Pete's character is functional in society at all seeing as he murders people occasionally and has serious schizoid delusions going on a regular basis

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Why do I get the feeling he's going to head for the actual border and not just the nearest Taco Bell?

\/ Well, I took "run for the border" and his craving for a "Taco Supreme" from an Ad he saw on TV to be that he wanted to make a midnight run to the Bell for Fourth Meal. "Run for the border" being a corruption of their old "Head to the border" slogan. Then I thought, "maybe this crazy dude just picked up a naked hostage on his way to Mexico."

The Missing Link fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 9, 2010

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

The Missing Link posted:

Why do I get the feeling he's going to head for the actual border and not just the nearest Taco Bell?

It never occurred to me he was heading to anything but Mexico.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Grilldos posted:

It never occurred to me he was heading to anything but Mexico.
I cannot even imagine the unending nightmare that would be Mexican Magical Realism through the terrible lens of Nice Pete's 'mind'.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
When I see Nice Pete, all I can think of is this picture from the "Idaho Mugshots" thread a few years ago.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Cream_Filling posted:

When I see Nice Pete, all I can think of is this picture from the "Idaho Mugshots" thread a few years ago.

God drat, son. That's scary as poo poo.

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.

Cream_Filling posted:

Cocked head and everything.

Bet Teodor wishes he didn't sleep al fresca now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'd prefer to wake up with Chuckle-Bot looming over me than Nice Pete staring at me through the window.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

I'd prefer to wake up with Chuckle-Bot looming over me than Nice Pete staring at me through the window.

Honestly, waking up with any of the Achewood cast looming over me would be bad news.

Even Philippe. Midnight wake-ups are awful in this neighborhood.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

rotinaj posted:

Honestly, waking up with any of the Achewood cast looming over me would be bad news.

Even Philippe. Midnight wake-ups are awful in this neighborhood.

I think I'd be okay with Cornelius or Roast Beef, really. Beef I'd just direct towards my couch and we can talk in the morning; Cornelius... I have no idea, but I'd do my best to wake up and pay attention to whatever he wants to say to me.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Now that I'm old I wish I'd gone on more naked Taco Bell runs as a teenager. But, no, I had to be all "Wah! My AP Classes! Wah!"

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Now that I'm old I wish I'd gone on more naked Taco Bell runs as a teenager. But, no, I had to be all "Wah! My AP Classes! Wah!"

Pros got tacos from Jack in the Box.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

RolandTower posted:

um I don't think Nice Pete's character is functional in society at all seeing as he murders people occasionally and has serious schizoid delusions going on a regular basis

If he's not in jail/prison/the looney bin, he's functional for the purposes I'm talking about.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Ashenai posted:

I think I'd be okay with Cornelius or Roast Beef, really. Beef I'd just direct towards my couch and we can talk in the morning; Cornelius... I have no idea, but I'd do my best to wake up and pay attention to whatever he wants to say to me.

Cornelius understands the importance of a full night's rest. He wouldn't wake up you up at 2am unless it's "house is on fire" important. That's the kind of guy I want to room with.

ProfZoom
Mar 22, 2005

This is our last dance!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

panel four oh god panel four

And panel five contains THE expression of pure terror. The only way to respond to this situation.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Cream_Filling posted:

haha jesus

Pat

Pat do you think that it is bad for a man to give another man kisses

Or do you agree that it is okay

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
^^^
oh you son of a bitch

no it's ok I didn't need to sleep tonight

ProfZoom
Mar 22, 2005

This is our last dance!
There needs to be some Nice Pete/window .gif action here.

And I was just looking at Nice Pete's intro comics. Are the alt texts mixed up for anyone else?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My favorite thing about the Pat/Nice Pete relationship was that despite Pat being quite correctly intimidated and freaked by Pete at first, within a few weeks his natural "Pat"ness had reasserted itself and he was acting like a total douche towards Pete and arguing with him and insulting him.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Jerusalem posted:

My favorite thing about the Pat/Nice Pete relationship was that despite Pat being quite correctly intimidated and freaked by Pete at first, within a few weeks his natural "Pat"ness had reasserted itself and he was acting like a total douche towards Pete and arguing with him and insulting him.

I honestly think Pat's friendship(?) with Nice Pete is the only thing keeping Nice Pete in check. Maybe he needs a roommate rear end in a top hat who's boyfriend can keep him supplied with good food.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Is this Mr. Onstad's return to erection punching form? I know all my "border runs" usually end in "bathing suit area" pains.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Erebus posted:

haha jesus

Pat

Pat do you think that it is bad for a man to give another man kisses

Or do you agree that it is okay

RandomFerret posted:

I can't stop laughing at these. I can't shake the feeling that somewhere in an Idaho prison, a man is furiously working away on his bible fanfiction.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

That was awesome. Thank you.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

:siren: Siren!:siren:

The last panel is what makes it art.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I don't know why I always thought Nice Pete had a Corvair van. It's clearly an early Econoline.

This problem wouldn't happen in a Corvair van. :colbert:

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Oh Teodor. Oh dear.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Teodor is a stuffed bear! But on the other hand, ANYTHING CAN BLEED IN PETE'S VAN.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Oh god, the alt-text.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
This "Nice Pete", he is not so nice. :(

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Grandpa Pap posted:

This "Nice Pete", he is not so nice. :(

This is high school fun !

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
A gentle reminder that Nice Pete's van is padlocked on the inside.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
On a list of scariest fictional places, "The back of Nice Pete's van" ranks quite highly. Even if it does contain "Football Practice".

Rustmouth Chafings
Dec 11, 2008
How you doing back there Darin? Good? Good.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm kind of bothered by how hilarious I found this comic.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Somberbrero posted:

I'm kind of bothered by how hilarious I found this comic.

There's a sad little bear in the back of a murderer's van, all covered in grazes and contusions, and I laughed and laughed.

I think it's because he has no trousers on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Yes, the panel with Teodor standing naked made me lose it. I love Achewood, but rarely do I actually burst out laughing from it. All of the comics involving Nice Pete are always my favorites, and I shudder to think about what that means about me.