Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

SeanBeansShako posted:

I love how we all enjoy the gentle ramblings of a creepy serial killer. Thats how well written this webcomic is.

A serial killer who has given me the biggest craving for fried chicken.

God drat it, I can't cook it myself and the only place that serves it around here is KFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's stopping you from cooking it yourself?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Phy posted:

What's stopping you from cooking it yourself?

My kitchen has no real vents or fans in it, which means every time I try to grill/fry/cook something with even a little fat in it my house fills up with smoke.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Just noticed that Teodor's junk is always covered. Clearly, the stuffed bear's genitals are to Onstad as feet are to Rob Liefeld.

An actual question: didn't Nice Pete lose his desire to be murderous when the USB Murder Machine went poorly, or was that just with regards to Ray?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Rodney the Piper posted:

Just noticed that Teodor's junk is always covered. Clearly, the stuffed bear's genitals are to Onstad as feet are to Rob Liefeld.

An actual question: didn't Nice Pete lose his desire to be murderous when the USB Murder Machine went poorly, or was that just with regards to Ray?

That was just Ray.

Rustmouth Chafings
Dec 11, 2008

Rodney the Piper posted:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01252002

:nws: for rock hard stuffed bear cock

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Teodor's the least intelligent Achewood resident, then.

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!
:siren:hooooly poo poo nice pete is a DICK.:siren:

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Sadly, I know you can run and poo poo at the same time. The internet gave me video evidence for this, whether I wanted it or not. (I did not, but my then-roommate was very interested in this possibility)

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.
Man, being naked, beaten up, and squatting on someone's lawn in the middle of the night is one of those situations that just has no explanation at all when someone asks you what you're doing.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

This is funny like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was funny.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Jet Jaguar posted:

All I can think of are self-inflicted injuries. There was that time he cut himself in front of Little Nephew. Oh, and then the USB murder machine stabbed him in the eye...

His description of the fried chicken recipe made me fear for Alton Brown, as I seem to recall his fried chicken involved elaborate preparation including either buttermilk, brining, or both.

It didn't really stab him so much as fuckstart his face.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Rodney the Piper posted:

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07122007 (alt-text) - First rule of Achewood!

quote:

I think it's offensive that you think Nice Pete is being murderous. He is clearly just having a good time.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Deathlove posted:

I think it's offensive that you think Nice Pete is being murderous. He is clearly just having a good time.

This is a "high school experience". It is belated tales of glorious pubescent tomfoolery. This is a Missing Piece being put in Place.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

where da fux lyle

—Fan of Lyle

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Personally, I want more Sidney Yamahata.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

perhaps you would be interested in a link to the blog where I keep my Yamahata/Honikker slash fiction???

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
You know, I was actually wondering where Lyle has been lately too.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

SeanBeansShako posted:

You know, I was actually wondering where Lyle has been lately too.

Drinkin' Island.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Happy Hippo posted:

Drinkin' Island.

With Lemmy as the Mayor of Drinkin' Island it is uncool to not drink yourself stupid before you leave.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
What's the difference between the Fanflow and the Archived Edition of Achewood? Is the Archived Edition not on the Fanflow?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Rodney the Piper posted:

What's the difference between the Fanflow and the Archived Edition of Achewood? Is the Archived Edition not on the Fanflow?

Archives are just that: old strips. You can read it in order. Fanflow is a subscription service that Onstad updates with all sorts of stuff that isn't available anywhere else. It is worth the price.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Fanflow is basically where the character blogs are now.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Chris Onstad posted:

Would Cavender's Greek Seasoning be at home, say, on poo poo you're sizzling up for gyros, or roast chicken, or...? What's it compare to?

Cavender's Greek Seasoning is a tradition in my family for reasons that are mysterious to me. I am a very basic kind of cook, who is content to eat something nourishing and tasty and not think about it in more depth than that; but for nostalgic reasons, I am eager to hear about any innovations you make with Cavender's.

If you haven't already found yourself a can, I can tell you that it's less like outright salt than Lowry's, but that its flavor tends to overpower whatever you put it on. It has a very Mediterranean flavor to it that would not be misplaced on gyros, I think.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is fantastic, Pete almost has it right, going through the motions of actual activities as if that alone is enough.

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Just joking, Mr. Onstad. I am not going to shoot Obama to try to impress you or anything.

Kill Obama? It all makes sense now!

poor and weird
Jun 30, 2007

Happy Hippo posted:

Drinkin' Island.

OH MY GOD I SEE IT

Anyways, this was so unexpected...After building up Nice Pete's usual sociopathy, I didn't expect his coup de grace to just completely prank T like that. That was fantastic.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The question now is, who is going to punch Teodor in the junk? and will Nice Pete drive by with a slide whistle?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Happy Hippo posted:

Archives are just that: old strips. You can read it in order. Fanflow is a subscription service that Onstad updates with all sorts of stuff that isn't available anywhere else. It is worth the price.

I don't mean the Archives, but this.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Rodney the Piper posted:

I don't mean the Archives, but this.

That page pretty much answers it.

quote:

Consisting of seventy-six mixed format installments, this was the only subscription-based Achewood content ever offered. These pieces appeared regularly at Serializer between 2002-2004.

Basically it was a sort of protofanflow from years ago. I don't think it's available on the regular Fanflow now, though.

StealthStealth
Aug 28, 2007

dogs eatin' cake
You'd think going to Taco Bell FIRST would have made this process much easier.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Achewood has featured a lot of peeling out vans over the years.

Chris, do you have a secret desire to peel out a van?

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Are you saying you aren't a peeling-out enthusiast?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

StealthStealth posted:

You'd think going to Taco Bell FIRST would have made this process much easier.

Are you trying to apply normal, straight-forward logical thinking to Nice Pete AND High School shenanigans?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

robot roll call posted:

Achewood has featured a lot of peeling out vans over the years.

Chris, do you have a secret desire to peel out a van?

it is what separates us from lower animals

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Are you trying to apply normal, straight-forward logical thinking to Nice Pete AND High School shenanigans?

It is a poop joke. I support it.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Fire sauce would have made the job both easier in the short and more difficult in the long.

xX_WEED_GOKU_Xx
Apr 30, 2010

by Ozma

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

it is what separates us from lower animals

Actually, if you recall what Todd did in the illegal van, it's one thing we have in common with lower animals.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy
:siren: New strip :siren:

This is turning out to be quite the surreal experience for Téodor.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Incredible. I feel like I should start framing some of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
There's nothing quite like Achewood's writing, is there :swoon:

(You NEVER shoot a doodie-boy on a acid trip)