Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Death just sort of happens around everyone, all the time, without them noticing. Nice Pete catalyzes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Jerusalem posted:

I'm not sure if I laughed harder at the idea of FBI techs discovering poop-dna in the grass/soil or the fact that all this led to the revelation of an illegal chinchilla mill.

grass with a turd in it ain't exactly five-o-clock news, Mayner

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.
I know a backdoor pilot for a comic when I see one.

Adhesion
Sep 10, 2001

Next you gonna mention lifting up a nacho and seein' a big old terrified eye starin' at you
:siren::siren:NEW STRIP:siren::siren:

This is the first time, to my knowledge, that Nice Pete has actually smiled.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I think I have a new phrase to use regularly in "moo-frog nonsense."

Jim Bont
Apr 29, 2008

You were supposed to take those out of the deck.

Adhesion posted:

It's almost as disturbing as that thing Philippe can do with his mouth. Hell it might be worse.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
My wife and I do that all the time. "Look at Phillipe open his mouth, it's so disgusting!" and then making the face. She's about 7 months pregnant, and now her belly button is starting to make a Phillipe face.

What I'm trying to say is, I love that particular comic.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Panels 4 - 6 look like Teodor is getting molested by an anteater. Also, I don't think T&P will have any problem eating at Denny's in the buff. Can you even imagine Denny's turning people away?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Just hoping they have what Pete wants to eat or the poor grill cook there will be seeing the inside of his van.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Seeing Nice Pete smile is the first time in a week that I've laughed.

Do... do I have to be scared to find joy? :ohdear:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Adhesion posted:

He is doing so because deep down, he knows Dennys will deny him service on account of being naked. Then the Taking can begin.

How does it feel to condemn the graveyard shift of the local Dennys to death, Teodor? How does it feel?

feels good man

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Oh man, I feel like Teodor has just made a fatal mistake. It's one thing to play along when you have no choice, but now he's escalated things.

Worst thing that could happen is that Nice Pete escalates the dares even further. Best possible outcome is that Nice Pete now considers Teodor a good friend... and that is actually the very worst thing, in the long run.

Nice Pete's the kind of guy that you don't want to fight back against, but at the same time, encouraging him would be even worse.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Jim Bont posted:

It's almost as disturbing as that thing Philippe can do with his mouth. Hell it might be worse.

LITERALLY the same thing I was thinking. Nice Pete ..!!smiling!!.. is a terrible, terrible thing.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Revol posted:

Oh man, I feel like Teodor has just made a fatal mistake. It's one thing to play along when you have no choice, but now he's escalated things.

Worst thing that could happen is that Nice Pete escalates the dares even further. Best possible outcome is that Nice Pete now considers Teodor a good friend... and that is actually the very worst thing, in the long run.

Nice Pete's the kind of guy that you don't want to fight back against, but at the same time, encouraging him would be even worse.

Teodor got himself out of a currently pressing bad situation the only way he knew how. There is clearly no right answer. He needs to accept his fate.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Sure, but there are wrong answers, and then there are wronger answers.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Also, it's now bugging the crap out of me that some panels are darker than others.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Revol posted:

Teodor has been Nice Pete's friend for years, ever since he developed tiny murder gifs for him.

That's why he's in this low situation to begin with.

So yeah, you're pretty much absolutely right.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Also, I don't think T&P will have any problem eating at Denny's in the buff. Can you even imagine Denny's turning people away?
I can imagine it, but only because I've seen it happen. Although, I suppose you wouldn't technically call them "people".

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Oxxidation posted:

Teodor has been Nice Pete's friend for years, ever since he developed tiny murder gifs for him.

That's why he's in this low situation to begin with.

So yeah, you're pretty much absolutely right.

Yeah, Nice Pete has always known he could count on Teodor for something, but I would never have called it a friendship. Because, again, Teodor did the job for him, and that was it. Sure, Teodor engaged him in conversation, but it was probably foisted upon him.

Again, unlike that time, Teodor has now truly escalated the situation.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

This discussion brings to mind this strip, which contains what is still one of my favorite bits of Achewood dialogue. Téodor is considered "close" to Nice Pete even if he isn't and doesn't even want to be.

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES
Onstad, this strip was actually bloody heartwarming, it's like in his own hosed up way Nice Pete's getting to act like a normal teenager with his mate and Teodor's going along with it, actually brought a smile to my face.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Wootcannon posted:

Onstad, this strip was actually bloody heartwarming, it's like in his own hosed up way Nice Pete's getting to act like a normal teenager with his mate and Teodor's going along with it, actually brought a smile to my face.

Seek help :gonk:

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Guys, Nice Pete is a wanted man. He escaped from jail. If Teodor tricks him into exposing himself at Denny's, no doubt the police will get involved, arrest him, and he won't have to worry about Pete anymore (until he breaks out, again).

At least, this has to be Teo's though process...

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
No, he just wanted to get out of exposing himself to inbred Denny's patrons. He is naked and forced to take a poo poo on a creepy couple's lawn. He is not thinking that clearly.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
:siren:NEW STRIP:siren:

Not a single customer or employee of that restaurant is going to live to see the dawn, are they?

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Fuckin' A.

It's weird how I've never noticed Nice Pete's ears until this moment: he's a cat too! No tail, though. Also, not a cat butt, a person butt. :iiam:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ashenai posted:

Fuckin' A.

It's weird how I've never noticed Nice Pete's ears until this moment: he's a cat too! No tail, though. Also, not a cat butt, a person butt. :iiam:

I assume you've read the alt-text explanation of this?

Well this can't possibly end well for anyone, good on Teodor for actually offering to go along though, but man it must be like walking a tightrope trying to stay within Nice Pete's good regards.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Ashenai posted:

No tail, though.

Argh, gently caress, just read the alt text.

edit: argh, loving beaten. I maintain that it still doesn't explain the man butt :colbert:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ashenai posted:

edit: argh, loving beaten. I maintain that it still doesn't explain the man butt :colbert:

Walk-arouuuund butt!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
The cat ears look a lot like devil horns too. The only way the people in that diner will survive is if by some tiny chance that their also serving a nudist colony at the same time.

ElementaryScotty
Jan 8, 2010

Ashenai posted:

There is an explanation for this but it is a disturbing thought: Achewood is a furry comic

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

ElementaryScotty posted:

There is an explanation for this but it is a disturbing thought: Achewood is a furry comic
I'm not sure you "get" Achewood.

"The first rule of Achewood is, if I have to show two animals going at it, it isn't going to give ANYBODY something to get off to."

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Is it wrong that I unironically enjoy eating at Denny's?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Sorry to give you furries such primo j/o material at work

I love that mini-arc, though. "Jewelry"

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
this is the most frightening arc since the secret ice cream shop arc.

Pete does these things

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Somberbrero posted:

Is it wrong to put a match up your hiney to make you doody every time?

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
We need a gif of Nice Pete looking at Teodor, taking of his shirt, then looking back. With that creepy smile of his.

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico

Somberbrero posted:

I enjoy the occasional Moons Over My-Hammy myself sir

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
I once threw up as a child in a Denny's women's restroom. Another time I refilled my own drink after no service for twenty minutes. Just walked behind their counter, filled it up, no one even noticed. Our food came another ten minutes later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

Satch posted:

I enjoy the occasional Moons Over My-Hammy myself sir

Let's hope Steven doesn't work at this Denny's. Although he's strong he's far too nice to put up a fight. :ohdear: