Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

aricoarena posted:

I'm sorry to have to break it to this thread but BTMI is pretty awful.

Suicide Machines didn't even start being really good until they recorded A Match and Some Gasoline, when their lyrics actually started carrying some meaning. The songwriting on Album Minus Band is superb from the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

aricoarena posted:

I'm sorry to have to break it to this thread but BTMI is pretty awful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZBnylvJnFQ

Nope

I mean Hey! is an amazing song, and so is Islands, but goddamn Scrambles is drat near perfect

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood
http://www.atomic-noodle.com/video/aVXzObjqTuE/Area-7-Hey-Ska-Suicide-Machines.html

Why are we talking about this song?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

aricoarena posted:

BTMI is pretty awful.

heh look at this wrong guy

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Seriously, I mean I hate everything pre-Get Warmer, but I like that album a lot, and I absolutely love Scrambles. Screaming Can I Pay The Rent In Fun at 3 AM when my store was empty got me through a lot of late shifts

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

In With the Out Crowd is Less Than Jake's best album.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Look do I need to espouse my position on that argument again

Because we know I'm right about it, and all other answers are woefully ignorant

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

I really like the Johnstones too!

And why doesn't Sublime have any new albums coming out?

Casual Encountess fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 5, 2010

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?
Reel Big Fish's recent material is sooooo good. :3:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Have you ever hated someone so much that they died from it?

Well I'm trying to right now

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

FloppyDiskCommando posted:

And why doesn't Sublime have any new albums coming out?

Because one of them died and they split up?

Huh, according to the all knowing entity that is wikipedia, they have reformed and an album is due in 2011.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Dickeye posted:

Seriously, I mean I hate everything pre-Get Warmer, but I like that album a lot, and I absolutely love Scrambles. Screaming Can I Pay The Rent In Fun at 3 AM when my store was empty got me through a lot of late shifts

I'm not a huge fan of the pre-Get Warmer stuff but Syke! Life is Awesome! is probably BTMI's best song

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

4liters posted:

There are things. They are called "Jokes". And they are funny.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

4liters posted:

Huh, according to the all knowing entity that is wikipedia, they have reformed and an album is due in 2011.

Pretty sure everything they said was ironic

Nobody likes IWTOC for example

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Dickeye posted:

Pretty sure everything they said was ironic

Nobody likes IWTOC for example

Not even the band. I've seen a video on youtube where Chris threatens some kid that they'll play the entire record front to back unless he simmer's down or something.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Not even the band. I've seen a video on youtube where Chris threatens some kid that they'll play the entire record front to back unless he simmer's down or something.

That's pretty awesome, I bet the kid simmered down right quick.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Now that I think about it I think I remember the video but I can't find it.

Between songs Chris goes into a mockery cover of All The Small Things. People start booing and yelling poo poo and he says if they don't shut up he'll play their last album (it was IWTOC at that point) front to back. I can find a video of them playing the cover but it ends before Chris yells at them

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

The Supertones are having a reunion tour. I don't even.. care

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Red Red Blue posted:

I'm not a huge fan of the pre-Get Warmer stuff but Syke! Life is Awesome! is probably BTMI's best song

This should, basically, be the thread title.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood
Not even the band.
[/quote]

yea i can testify to that. On there tour supporting that album Bribane was there last stop before going back to Ameriland or whatever and Chis was all 'okay, everybody that we have played this to hate it so we'll just play old stuff.'

FYI Mark Hoppus produced at least one of the songs of that album,

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah he wrote/produced Rest Of My Life

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Am I the only one who didn't completely hate In With the Out Crowd? There were some pretty good songs on it :shobon:

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

Well, it's okay. The producing on it was bad.

It wasn't like B&B which I didn't like initially (I blame it on Look What Happened), but love now.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mysterious Aftertaste posted:

Well, it's okay. The producing on it was bad.

It wasn't like B&B which I didn't like initially (I blame it on Look What Happened), but love now.

But that song's amazing so idgi

Also, last night was my first local show since last July. Felt so good. Two lovely local bands, the highlight of which was a passable cover of It's A Wonderful Life (acoustic of course) which was tempered by the godawful cover of Such Great Heights (again, acoustic) they played right before it. Then the next three bands went on and just blew the place up. Heat Machine, the Closers, and Skip Town Matty were all ridiculously awesome, and the guys from STM are just cool dudes in general.

Also Heat Machine's album is free on myspace, and STM said you could download their album if you could find it.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
In other news, The Know How have released 2 unreleased tracks from before they split up. Have a listen!

http://theknowhow.com/01_The_Know_How-We_Care-unreleased.mp3
http://theknowhow.com/02_The_Know_How-Let_It_Go_unreleased.mp3

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

I had no idea the know how broke up :/

Dickeye posted:

But that song's amazing so idgi

Yea, I agree, but when I was a dumb teenager I was like "wtf this is slow"

Now Kehoe on the other hand, meh.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's not even a slow song!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Mysterious Aftertaste posted:

I had no idea the know how broke up :/

Yeah, was a couple years ago. They've had more than one reunion show though, almost always in Florida. Which sucks because I'm in CA, and I really liked them. They released "one more" unreleased song, if anyone's interested.

http://theknowhow.com/03_The_Know_How-Hooray_Hooray-unreleased.mp3

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
borders and boundaries is the most underrated ska album ever and if hello rockview and losing streak weren't so amazing, it'd be their best album

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
And if wishes were fishes I'd be a cyborg pony playing trombone for Streetlight, but I'm not and BnB is laaaaaame

mastapasta
Jun 14, 2008

Om nom nom
So I finally decided to take a look at this thread and would just like to say that I am on my longest music binge with Bomb the Music Industry and its nearing 2 months now. I just can't stop listening. Top 3 songs for me are All Ages Shows, (Shut) Up the Punx! and Sort of Like Being Pumped in no particular order.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Dickeye posted:

BnB is laaaaaame

Let's break this down son.
Good songs on Borders and Boundaries:
Magnetic North
Kehoe
Suburban Myth
Look What Happened
Hell Looks A Lot Like L.A.
Mr. Chevy Celebrity
Gainesville Rock City
Malt Liquor Tastes Better When You've Got Problems
Bad Scene And A Basement Show
Pete Jackson Is Getting Married
Bigger Picture
Faction

That's all of them except Is This Thing On? and Last Hour. And even those are pretty good. :colbert:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bitch don't front

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Last Hour owned though

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Speaking of which I'm seeing LTJ headline at Insubordination Fest in like two weeks.

I don't really listen to pop punk but its me and 10 of my friends, so why not.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Dickeye posted:

Bitch don't front

Your last few posts are almost as bad as The Steinways. Almost.

(:love:)

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

So what's the consensus on Less Than Jake? I recently borrowed a friend's copy of Out Crowd and GNVFLA and goddamn what happened to this band? I mean I guess they had to stop singing about how lovely growing up is but it was a bummer to see that the band I grew up on didn't.

EDIT: Oh wow this is kinda being discussed like ten posts up. Borders and Boundaries is their best album and Losing Streak sucked. :colbert:

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

IWOTC sucks, but GNVFLA rocks

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's better than IWTOC but there's no songs that really grab me like Look What Happened or Scott Farcas or National Anthem did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Does The Lion City Still Road? and Conviction Notice are my favorites