Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Oh man, looks like a baseball game is about to be won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Basketball, dogg.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I disagree fully. Nice Pete only kills when he has a reason. Or when there are children to go into a box.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Welp it was nice meeting you Nathan, say hello to Trouble Man and No-No on your way up.

I don't know what is worse about the impending outcome, the murder, or that the night's events will cement Teodor's status as 'Nice Pete's Friend'.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I think Teodor might find himself in a repeat of the situation in which he first met Rod Huggins. Only this time, leaving will only earn him the respect of Circus Penis if he survives.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Well, at least he's old and lived a nice, long life. Most old people that eat at Denny's have had a nice, long life.

Rustmouth Chafings
Dec 11, 2008
...or do you agree that it is okay

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

bloodychill posted:

Well, at least he's old and lived a nice, long life. Most old people that eat at Denny's have had a nice, long life.

If you are old and are eating at a Denny's alone in the middle of the night I do not think there is a long chain of happy moments leading up to that meal.

Nobody goes "boy, I've had a long, fulfilling day, full of good times and happy occassions, lets go to Denny's at 2am alone and order a cheeseburger with no fries."

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Nice Pete has some strange ideas about high school

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Like no one here ever went to Denny's in the middle night to meet old homosexuals while in high school.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Teodor, watch out for your cornhole, bud.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Sigma-X posted:

If you are old and are eating at a Denny's alone in the middle of the night I do not think there is a long chain of happy moments leading up to that meal.

Nobody goes "boy, I've had a long, fulfilling day, full of good times and happy occassions, lets go to Denny's at 2am alone and order a cheeseburger with no fries."

I wasn't convinced until "no fries." Good point.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

bloodychill posted:

I wasn't convinced until "no fries." Good point.

Imagine how sad your life has to be that you order your burger with no fries.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.

Wandering Knitter posted:

I fear the next strip more than anything

I don't know, I have a feeling that the strip after the next strip will be the worst.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The hostess looking out the window and seeing a battered, bruised and bleeding naked Teodor slumped against the van window must have been a horrible mindfuck.

But then again, she does work at Denny's so.... welp.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Oh god, Teodor was just trying to sleep HE WAS JUST TRYING TO SLEEP how did this night ever happen to him

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Diet Poison posted:

Oh god, Teodor was just trying to sleep HE WAS JUST TRYING TO SLEEP how did this night ever happen to him

This is poo poo Scorsese would hesitate to put a guy through at three in the morning

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Diet Poison posted:

He went to bed naked.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Wandering Knitter posted:

Imagine how sad your life has to be that you order your burger with no fries.

Fries just slow you down.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?
I very much want that young lady to get RIGHT on the phone to the police.
I don't know if it will do any good, though.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
This strip is the best place to start reading Achewood.

the Professor
Nov 28, 2002

pi pi
Man is Nice Pete in for a surprise when Nathan turns out to be Nate Smalls !!

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Unkempt posted:

Go for it

:gonk:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Andy Larson is the name of a man who used to (still does?) the weather for a morning news program in Portland.

Chris Onstad now lives in Portland.

Coincidence?

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

the Professor posted:

Man is Nice Pete in for a surprise when Nathan turns out to be Nate Smalls !!
Ha, great catch. That makes a lot of sense now, actually.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Andy Larson is the name of a man who used to (still does?) the weather for a morning news program in Portland.

Chris Onstad now lives in Portland.

Coincidence?

Anybody who does anything on TV in the morning most definitely doesn't get watched by me. And is there anything less useful than a Portland weather report? It's raining. I have a window.

So, yeah, a coincidence. Pete thought these names just sounded like generic Americana, like guys who would know the Hardy Boys.

Blutnerd
Jul 22, 2007

Monoton und Minimal
Chris Onstad trying to cover up his Portland morning weather guy rape/murder fan-fiction ITT.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I hate you so much I will have my cartoon serial-killer cat impersonate you to lure an elderly homosexual to his van

Vitriol
Mar 11, 2001

Phhhhhtttttt!
100% creeped the gently caress out now, thanks Onstad!

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
Does anyone else get a 'this could be the end of Achewood' vibe from this arc? I really can't see how we can go back to light-hearted strips about baby otters or cat bros after this. I'm also slightly concerned that Onstad may be in the midst of a nervous breakdown.

TombsGrave
Feb 15, 2008

Owlkill posted:

Does anyone else get a 'this could be the end of Achewood' vibe from this arc? I really can't see how we can go back to light-hearted strips about baby otters or cat bros after this. I'm also slightly concerned that Onstad may be in the midst of a nervous breakdown.

Hey, we've had Nice Pete nightmare arcs before (like the one about the secret ice cream shop). Just because we're deep in the mouth of madness doesn't mean we can't just hop right back to the usual light-hearted japery after this is done.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Owlkill posted:

Dogg, just relax. Achewood shifts tone every now and again, no big thing. Remember the Cartilage Head arc?

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Achewood will not end until we get to the arc where Ray and Beef have to travel to parallel universes to stop Lonis F. Edison, who suddenly returns and tries to take over the Multiverse by turning all the secondary and incidental characters into vampires. This leads to Heartfelt Drama and Emotions.

In the middle of the arc there are a few pure-text updates where Onstad explains his newfound faith in a form of Islam of his own devising, and he lectures the reader at length about gender roles and the proper way to prepare stuffed eggplant.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

...and the proper way to prepare stuffed eggplant.

If it's anything like Nice Pete's recipie for fried chicken, I think it'd be worth it.

Seriously, that fried chicken recipe is life changing.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Wa11y posted:

If it's anything like Nice Pete's recipie for fried chicken, I think it'd be worth it.

Seriously, that fried chicken recipe is life changing.

end is a kind of change

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Owlkill posted:

welcome to achewood you're obviously new here :)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Owlkill posted:

Remember the time when Nice Pete kidnapped Philippe and took him to a run-down ice cream shop in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night?

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Ashenai posted:

welcome to achewood you're obviously new here :)

What's surprising about this arc is not how disturbing it is but how it is disturbing. This is classic Achewood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Sigma-X posted:

end is a kind of change

Peter H. Cropes posted:

It should sizzle and bubble aggressively, but not dangerously. You should not feel that this chicken endangers you.

Nice Pete doesn't want to see you hurt.