Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Wow, that sounds really wrong. How are YOU held liable? That's utterly retarded. Do you have tape footage of the cars who ran which you could give the cops? Also, isn't there insurance that covers that type of thing?

edit: I should really reload pages before I reply to things. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Dodgeball posted:

Dude, you work at Target. That was an easy one.
Well duh, I wasn't actually afraid you were the stalker.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

SpartanIV posted:

Well duh, I wasn't actually afraid you were the stalker.

Just checkin

:tinfoil::hf::cheers:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

PHEW talked to the union and we AREN'T one of the unions that are going to strike. We have an agreement with them that whatever they vote for, we do too, but I guess that only applies to contracts :)

quaint bucket
Nov 29, 2007

Speaking of strikes and union, the grocery store in my old hometown has been going on strike for 2 years now. The only thing that's open there is the pharmacy.

Everything else is closed. For some odd reason, the grocery staff are pretty smug about it?

e: I'm still confused as to how they can rationalize going on strike for a significantly period of time. It's not like the management is awful (I used to work there and it's still the same management).

quaint bucket fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 13, 2010

manguero
Jul 5, 2009
This morning I pulled up to McDonald's drive-thru and they said that the drive-thru computer was down so I would have to come inside. Guessing that most people would just go somewhere else instead, I decided to chance going inside (I was on my way to work). I get in and start placing my order, and they aren't keying it in, they're writing it on a bag. Turns out all the computers were down. Regardless, they still had my food to me really fast. I was impressed and said, "That was pretty fast for doing it old-school!" They said thanks and one of them turns to the other and says "At least somebody appreciates us!" :unsmith:

DnHMaster
Jan 9, 2007

Smell The Glove
Fun Shoe
There is so much negativity in retail and 99% of it comes from customers. I did a 7 year stint at a grocery store and I can tell you it changed my view on humanity. So many people get hostile and aggressive over the most trivial things. If you hate yourself so much that you have to feel better by taking out your frustrations on retail workers then I feel sorry for you. People need to relax and stop taking life so seriously.

The next time you are shopping and someone does something that goes above and beyond, you should compliment them. Most retail workers only hear from people bitching about something they aren't satisfied with and not anything that gets done right. I know that I do now that I'm out of retail and you can make somebody else feel good for a change.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
one day I would love to ask one of these assholes, what the gently caress happens at your job if your company doesn't pay the bill? Or you don't work fast enough, I really don't think it involves so fat bitch screaming at them

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

JackTheTripper posted:

So many people get hostile and aggressive over the most trivial things.

This used to happen to me and my coworkers a lot. Some lady had a massive go at one of my coworkers because she couldn't figure out what 15% of $237.43 was on the spot. As the customer was going on about how 'kids these days aren't taught properly in school' my coworker said really sweetly to her 'excuse me, but I've never been able to do mental maths very well after I was involved in a car accident. If you're going to continue making fun of my disability, you can leave right now'.

The look on the womans face was priceless as my coworker showed her the scary surgery scars on her arms from where they had to bolt her back together.

Also, I couldn't figure out what 15% of $237.43 was on the spot either. Guess I'm just an uneducated twit.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

JackTheTripper posted:

Most retail workers only hear from people bitching about something they aren't satisfied with and not anything that gets done right. I know that I do now that I'm out of retail and you can make somebody else feel good for a change.

I find that, even though I was relatively nice to them before, I'm especially nice to people behind counters nowadays. I ALWAYS have my wallet out and ready to pay, as well as any club-card required to make my purchase cheaper. One retail lady even commented today "Man, you're all organized and ready to go." To which I replied "Yes, ma'am, I've got the system all figured out." It's not even a joke, and she got a laugh out of it.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

froglet posted:

This used to happen to me and my coworkers a lot. Some lady had a massive go at one of my coworkers because she couldn't figure out what 15% of $237.43 was on the spot. As the customer was going on about how 'kids these days aren't taught properly in school' my coworker said really sweetly to her 'excuse me, but I've never been able to do mental maths very well after I was involved in a car accident. If you're going to continue making fun of my disability, you can leave right now'.

The look on the womans face was priceless as my coworker showed her the scary surgery scars on her arms from where they had to bolt her back together.
Haha owned.

quote:

Also, I couldn't figure out what 15% of $237.43 was on the spot either. Guess I'm just an uneducated twit.
Easy, 10% plus half that.

So 23.74 + 11.87 = 35.61 (kids these days... :rolleye: )

And no, I didn't cheat.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

spankmeister posted:

And no, I didn't cheat.

My primary school maths teacher used to tell us that sort of thing is a dirty trick and we would need to learn to 'do it properly' for when we're in highschool. Just goes to show...

I just can't work things out in my head when put on the spot by somebody (unless it's, say 'what's 50% of [x]'). Maybe there's something wrong with me :smith:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

spankmeister posted:

Haha owned.

And no, I didn't cheat.

I was close. I estimated 35.75. Just did it quickly. 15+15+5+ what seemed like a decent amount of change. Sorry I can't do it accurately :smith:

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?

froglet posted:

My primary school maths teacher used to tell us that sort of thing is a dirty trick and we would need to learn to 'do it properly' for when we're in highschool. Just goes to show...

I just can't work things out in my head when put on the spot by somebody (unless it's, say 'what's 50% of [x]'). Maybe there's something wrong with me :smith:

What's "doing it properly"? Whipping out the pen and paper and doing a bit of long division? Screw that.

I'm not very good at this sort of thing either so I always resort to the 'dirty tricks'. 23% of something becomes 10% x 2 + 1% x 3 etc.

waar
Sep 29, 2001
Just got genuinely thanked by a stressed out Radio Shack employee for being an easy customer. It's amazing how just treating someone like a human being is praise worthy. Feels good though

Operation Juicebox
Jun 26, 2006

Acnamino MR 100mg Capsules
So it's Saturday today and we're busy as all hell. I finish with a customer and turn around and a man behind me asks if I can show his wife a laptop. I think he means to demo some Windows 7 shizz or something I don't know.

Now in my store, laptops are on two tier shelving units. He leads me around the corner and it turns out his wife is in a wheelchair and she's quite disfigured. She basically has no legs at all to speak of.

The laptop she wants to see is on the top shelf and she can't reach it. Her head barely reaches the bottom shelf, so they want me to remove the laptop from the top shelf and bring it down so she can reach it and have a go.

That'd be great, but these are laptops and they are bolted into the shelves with every single piece of shop security you can imagine. Tags that make an ear-piercing shriek when removed, padlocks, regular laptop locks, ANOTHER password protected alarm system.

"Unfortunately," says I, "that's bolted in there good and I can't rea-..."
"Oh just loving forget it."

I turn around and blink and this woman glares up at me from her chair and her husband sighs dramatically. I am having a pretty poo poo day and the last thing I want is to be screamed at by a self-entitled handicapped lady so I narrow my eyebrows. "Excuse me?"
"Your shops are never WHEELCHAIR FRIENDLY", she hisses, gesturing angrily with her hands, "NO ONE THINKS ABOUT THE DISABLED. It's like you don't WANT us to buy your computers!"
"Well I can get it down for you, it'll just be about twenty minutes to get all the locks of-..."
"NO IT'S TOO LATE."

She is clearly expecting me to argue with her some more, sat there now with her arms crossed and glaring defiantly up at me. She has a point, the whole shopping centre I work in is not particularly designed for wheelchairs. It's accessible, but doesn't go out of it's way to be so. But I've never had anyone in a wheelchair or a mobility scooter have any issues.

But I got woken up at 6am by my drunk boyfriend so what the gently caress do I care.

I turn on my heel and mutter "fine, whatever", and off she rolls.

Jesus lady yes it sucks being you but I am not your punching bag.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Well, put yourself in her position. Being disabled sucks. IMHO what you should have done is say: "Of course I can show you the laptop, I just need a few minutes to get the manager and disable the security etc.."

Yeah they should not treat you badly and cuss at you but the least you could do is accommodate her, I mean come on, she had no legs. Not wanting to go through the hassle of unbolting that laptop is plain lazy.

Operation Juicebox
Jun 26, 2006

I was about to explain to her that the laptop was screwed in and I could get it down but it was going to be a while. If she hadn't interupted me to scream 'gently caress' at me she would know this. I was going to suggest that maybe they go get a coffee which is what I normally say to customers when I am doing something that requires a lot of standing around by them and concentration by me.

But stuff it. If someone's going to swear at me and be a dick I don't care whether or not that person has legs - I am no more inclined to help you and I've done enough work around the mentally handicapped/disabled to know that pitching a hissy fit and throwing down the 'BUT I'M' card doesn't work as a guilt trip.

Like I said in my previous post, whilst the centre wasn't designed with wheelchair users in general I've never had problems with them or folks on mobility scooters before. A lot of them actually just look online and come in with a printout of what they want. Then we talk about their dog or something.

Funnily enough, I also get moaned at by regular people that the bottom laptop shelf is too low down.

Pops
Sep 11, 2004

At the end of the day, they are what makes it happen. They are their factions' military might.

They are why we can say...

Victory.
Yeah, unfortunately you don't have to be healthy to go looking for a fight. Dunno what I would've done there; maybe demanded to know whether she wanted to see the laptop or not. It doesn't sound like the chip on that woman's shoulder would have been satisfied by any explanation Operation Juicebox could have offered.

The closest I've had to someone making a big deal of a handicap was this one really cool woman who was the complete opposite of bitter. She smilingly apologized that her signature didn't match the one on her ID. She used to be left-handed, she explained, back before she lost the arm attached to it. The only extra accommodation she wanted was for me to hold the receipt tape still for her to sign.

Wish I had more customers like her. People who don't default to blaming me for everything that goes wrong or takes longer than expected, who anticipate potential problems or take a step or two of preparation so things go smoothly.

edited for clunky phrasing

Pops fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 14, 2010

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
My first day at Macy's, a person in a joystick-controlled wheelchair was coming through the fragrance department. Remembering the training video where they stressed DON'T IGNORE ANYONE, I offered him a fragrance card to be polite. I realized as he maneuvered over to me that he couldn't talk, didn't make eye contact, and had very poor control of his hands. I just stood there holding the card until my coworker realized he couldn't grab it, so she took the card from me and dropped it into his outstretched hand, where it bounced onto the foot rest of his chair. She said, "Oh, you got it! Have a nice day!" and he rolled off.

I was very :smith: after that, but am still not sure why he was alone at a Macy's.

More angry people:

The drawers where we keep the cosmetics are horribly disorganized (unless there's a specific method to their madness and I haven't caught on): they're organized by type, but not by shade (numerical and alphabetical). A lady wanted a specific shade of lipstick and lipliner and knew the shade, but not the type (shimmer, all-day, etc.). It didn't even occur to me to check the display to see the type, I just decided to see if I could find it in the drawer. The lady was standing right next to me and could see just how much lipstick there is. After a minute, my coworker came over to help me look, and I went to go find the lipliner. Once I found it a minute later, I went to my coworker who said, "She got angry at the wait and said, 'I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO GO TO NORDSTROM INSTEAD.'"

Obviously the lady was impatient, but with the holidays coming up, I'd like to ask my manager, if things aren't in fact organized in a specific way, if I could have a shift where they just let me organize things in the drawers because goddamn nothing makes sense.

Also a friend and I were eating at Del Taco. A family that took forever to order (there were 6 of them) got their food, looked at the receipt, and before any employees said anything, they started yelling that they didn't get the right number of things on the receipt. Now, you'd think since they had proof of what they ordered that they wouldn't need to yell. Nope, the dad decided that screaming from his seat (still eating) in the eating area was the best way to handle this as his wife meekly went to the counter to show them the receipt. Of course it ended with the staff giving them their food.

And my friend had a story. It's not retail, but there are still lovely people at the gym. She's a yoga instructor, and she ends every session with 10 minutes of relaxation, a final breath, and calmly says that the session is over. Some people stay on the ground for awhile afterward, just relaxing some more, which is fine since she's the last class of the day. People can still come in and use that room afterward, but there's nothing official.

After her class, a woman came up to her and said that she wished the relaxation part lasted longer, and that my friend should go to each person one by one to tell them to leave quietly (and somehow psychically know not to disturb the woman herself because dammit she needs to relax on a disgusting gym floor). My friend pointed out that going up to 30 people one by one wastes everyone's time. The woman of course went to complain to management, but they backed up my friend.

I told her she should go to that lady during the next session and quietly let her know, "Just so you know, I'm waking everybody up now. Please leave quietly," (maybe accidentally keeping her microphone turned on) and then right after she should announce it to everyone else over the mic.

Insignificunt
Jul 1, 2010

by I Ozma Myself
Stupid people working in retail make me want to blow my brains out.

I work at Walmart in the apparel department. This chick I work with has decided to change her name tag from "Andrea" to "Ondrea". The sight of her and her voice alone make me sick. So she comes up screaming, near the girls department where there are children and parents present, and was screaming "O-M-G guys! I just saw a story on CNN Youtube that Justin Bieber is a fifty year old pedophile that wears a mask and his mom is a prostitute!" I immediately tell her to calm down and be quiet, as well as telling her that whatever she saw was not true. I don't have the patience to troll people I disdain, so I immediately go to CNN and disprove whatever she is screaming about, which is about effective as talking to a rock. I can't decide if the customers were horrified at her stupidity or were dumb enough to believe this story.

About five minutes later, an assistant manager comes up frantically screaming "Have you seen a chinchilla running around?!"

What...a chinchilla....on the loose, in Walmart...huh?

Apparently a customer carried her pet chinchilla into the store in her pocket and it got away from her (HOW COULD THAT HAPPEN?) and is running around like a banshee screaming about her lost chinchilla. Panic ensues..an idiot employee announces the situation over the speakers, customers start to freak out...

Luckily this all happened about 15 minutes before my shift ended. The sad part of this story is this is not my most out of the ordinary day.

alreadybeen
Nov 24, 2009
Not the first time someone has been confused by an onion article, however it does always seem to trick the dumbest people.

http://www.theonion.com/video/justin-bieber-found-to-be-cleverly-disguised-51yea,18178/

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Megera posted:

Obviously the lady was impatient, but with the holidays coming up, I'd like to ask my manager, if things aren't in fact organized in a specific way, if I could have a shift where they just let me organize things in the drawers because goddamn nothing makes sense.

Be prepared for disappointment when your coworkers gently caress up your hard work within a week.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

BeardedFerret posted:

Be prepared for disappointment when your coworkers gently caress up your hard work within a week.

So far I haven't thought of any of my coworkers as stupid yet, but I know what you mean. It's just really sad that Wal-Mart is more organized than we are. :smith:

Dog Blogs Man
Apr 16, 2007

how are you gentlemen i am a god amongst goons
I found out I am guaranteed at least 1 public holiday shift over the xmas / NY period. ~$50/hr.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Dog Blogs Man posted:

I found out I am guaranteed at least 1 public holiday shift over the xmas / NY period. ~$50/hr.

What are you going to be doing, heart surgery?

jebrown84
Aug 27, 2005

Help me Johnny Boy you're my only hope.

BeardedFerret posted:

More like customers will mess it up 3 seconds after you finish. People will put poo poo wherever they want. Unless you go back and orginize it every 15 mnutes it'll get messy beyond madness.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
It's rather soul-crushing to have to come in at 5am (or do an overnight) to have to completely rebuild and stock an entire aisle knowing drat well that it's all going to go to poo poo by the end of the week and be a horrible mess of feathers and torn packages.

In a related note, why do people feel the need to plow through what is obviously a section of the store that's under major renovation? There is literally nothing on the shelves, you don't need to be back here, just go the hell around. Even caution tape didn't keep everyone out, I eventually had to literally build waist-high barricades with heavy boxes to keep the aimless shoppers out.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

cobalt impurity posted:

In a related note, why do people feel the need to plow through what is obviously a section of the store that's under major renovation? There is literally nothing on the shelves, you don't need to be back here, just go the hell around. Even caution tape didn't keep everyone out, I eventually had to literally build waist-high barricades with heavy boxes to keep the aimless shoppers out.

The Coke guy had a few bottles of Diet Coke drop maybe about 20 feet from the front door, in a major intersection. Big spill, got all over the aisle and photo and some clothing. It wasn't enough just to have about 5-6 wet floor signs around the spill. People still blindly walked through it. It wasn't enough to have about 6 team members around the spill telling people to go around on the carpeted sections of the store. People ignored them and walked through. It wasn't enough to have about 10 carts BLOCKING THE AISLES to the spill, people just moved them and walked through.

I'm not just standing here looking pretty telling people to go around, its a loving mess and a slippery one at that. And them people had the gall to complain about their dirty pant legs/shoes due to the coke after we had all this in place to prevent it.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Dog Blogs Man posted:

That actually sounds pretty awesome. At Bed, Bath, and Beyond we get regular pay on holidays. We're just not open Thanksgiving and Christmas... but all other holidays are regular pay.

I feel bad for the recent hires who will be getting less than $8.50/hr (our starting pay keeps getting lowered more and more, and the raises are being ignored / greatly reduced) when working on holidays now. Especially with how corporate loves to understaff us as much as possible so that they can give themselves extra large holiday bonuses, then scream at us wondering why the company has no money afterwards.

And then personally visit stores flying 30+ people all over the country first class, staying in top notch hotels with limos dropping them off at the stores.

Yep, gotta wonder where all the money went. Thanks guys. Go ahead and reduce our hours some more. Maybe you'll find it best if you give us so few hours that the fixed pay people get 80 hours a week... I mean you've clearly had no issue giving them 60+ before already.

Fury1671 posted:

I'm not just standing here looking pretty telling people to go around, its a loving mess and a slippery one at that. And them people had the gall to complain about their dirty pant legs/shoes due to the coke after we had all this in place to prevent it.

Ugh... morons.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
So one of the more enterprising guys at work threw our rear end in a top hat area manager's name into Google the other day and came up with a surprise. rear end in a top hat is in fact a failed professional footballer whose only notable performances are being unconscious for most of a state league grand final and for being punched by Gary Ablett.

If you're not familiar with the AFL, this is Gary Ablett:

And he punched my douchebag of an area manager so hard he needed 18 stitches.

The world feels a little bit brighter tonight.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

BeardedFerret posted:

So one of the more enterprising guys at work threw our rear end in a top hat area manager's name into Google the other day and came up with a surprise. rear end in a top hat is in fact a failed professional footballer whose only notable performances are being unconscious for most of a state league grand final and for being punched by Gary Ablett.

If you're not familiar with the AFL, this is Gary Ablett:

And he punched my douchebag of an area manager so hard he needed 18 stitches.

The world feels a little bit brighter tonight.

... you made my day. :allears:
I love hearing stuff like this. Warms the blackened, oozing void where my heart was located before I started working retail.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
Someone threw up in the bathroom sink today.

It didn't drain all the way, either.

Guess who got to clear that one?

Then someone else threw a bunch of poo poo-stained toilet seat covers into the garbage.

Guess who got to deal with that one too?

:suicide:

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Casull posted:

Then someone else threw a bunch of poo poo-stained toilet seat covers into the garbage.

Guess who got to deal with that one too?

For some reason we've very often had women come into our store and........ I guess they were squatting, not sitting on the toilet... and would miss the bowl. 1 or 2 big shits right onto the seat...... and they'd just leave them there. :geno:

-----

Edit: Also, nice times with me being late recently. I came in to work on Monday. I was scheduled to be there at 8AM, I got in around 8:09. I had a really slow morning then traffic issues. It sucked.... but whatever.

But the district manager, we'll call him Bill, was in. He was up front talking to the store manager, being a dick like always. He seems me come in and I could pretty much hear him jizzing his pants in rage. I hear something like: "You should make him stay several minutes late for poo poo like this." No thanks, I'll make it to college on time after work thank you very much. And it's not like I haven't been kept 3-4 hours after I was scheduled to be off before.

Anyway, I tuck my shirt in, grab my apron, and clock in. Now the thing is..... I'm going to be in the back of the store all day. If I come onto the floor it'll be on my way up to the bathroom. I don't need to be grabbed by customers as there's WAY too much backstock to deal with. It wouldn't matter if I had double the time to work on this, I'd still not get it done. But for some reason Bill will foam at the mouth if I don't have my shirt tucked in with my nametag and apron on. Nevermind that the thing I'm doing is going to be a ton of walking up and down ladders carrying heavy poo poo.
(oh yeah, last year because corporate starved us for hours, we had the back of the store completely stuffwed with freight we didn't have the manpower or hours to put it... Little Billy there decided to help us by doing a lot of backstocking.... which meant he put everything in the wrong place, out of order, and messy.... also he got a little hot after doing this for an hour so he walked around the store afterwards w/o his nametag on, shirt untucked... and ignoring half the customers because he was tired)

So I walk up to the store manager and ask him if there was a specific U-boat he wanted me to get done first, he answers me, and I walk off. Bob then goes: "What TIME was he supposed to come in?" The way he said 'time,' you'd think he was spitting poo poo out of his mouth.

Anyway, when I'm about to leave that day I have to speak with the manager alone in his office. He gives me this, "Ok Tyler, you've been coming in late recently. The next time you come in late we're going to write you up. Now I know we've never had an issue with you calling out or not showing up (note: I've been here three and a half years at this point) but if you're late again by any amount we're going to write you up."

Also he threw some poo poo on about me coming in with a "disheveled" appearance. What? The only thing I could see there is that I walk in the door with my shirt untucked BEFORE I CLOCK IN. I'm assuming Little Billy (I call him this because the district manager is about 5'6".. and seems to hate everyone in the world... I assume partially from him being so short... too bad he doesn't realize everyone, including his family, hates him for always being a piece of crap) complained about me walking in with my shirt untucked and that's why this is brought up... Which makes it even MORE ridiculous. Not only was I not clocked in, but it was 8AM. We open at 9:30AM.

MaxDuo fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Nov 17, 2010

The General
Mar 4, 2007

MaxDuo posted:

:words:

I once saw an employee at a retail place I used to shop, at some party. I say used to shop, because I heard that employee say the lords name in vein while at that party.

Operation Juicebox
Jun 26, 2006

Well I had a call this morning. I have another job. This will be retail job number 2 so I can actually make the hours I need to be able to purchase anything aside from food and rent. The new place is a jewellery store so soon I shall be able to regail the thread with jewellery-related asshattery.

Some perks of this new job are that the manager is a MASSIVE nerd and we spent my entire interview talking about video games, I don't have to wear a uniform and it'll mean I can cut back on on working at the electronics store.

Some content for the thread though:

I just finished with a customer and I am grabbed by a European (chatting to him later he said he was from Belgium) buying a laptop for his daughter who was studying here (we have arguably one of the most prestigious universitys in the world and definately the best in the country). He then proceeded to buy the most expensive laptop in the place, microsoft office, dropped £250 on the company insurance like it was nothing along with various other computer bits and bobs.

All together it cost him around £2000. "Put it on my card," he says. So I did.

Later my boss complained that I didn't get the antivirus on the sale.

:bang:

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

The General posted:

I once saw an employee at a retail place I used to shop, at some party. I say used to shop, because I heard that employee say the lords name in vein while at that party.
if i saw a dude shooting up YHWH i'd probably avoid his place of work

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Welp tomorrow begins the worst six days of the year for me :(

quaint bucket
Nov 29, 2007

My wife and I wrote a huge loving letter to the president/ceo of sears and the only positive thing we had to say was our good experience with the customer service employees who tried to help us.

It's a long letter. Don't worry guys, there are customers like us who acknowledge the good work you try to do to help us :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

quaint bucket posted:

My wife and I wrote a huge loving letter to the president/ceo of sears and the only positive thing we had to say was our good experience with the customer service employees who tried to help us.

It's a long letter. Don't worry guys, there are customers like us who acknowledge the good work you try to do to help us :)

It got thrown away long before it reached him. But thanks for trying. :(