Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Save Russian Jews posted:

This thread is going places.

Anyway, when was the last time a "secret person/manipulator" angle was not completely disappointing in its reveal?

Save.Us, though possibly only because of how quickly the internet figured it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

They should really fix the thing where when you go through previous posts when you hit reply, you can still see replies from users you've ignored.

Anyway, The replacement for Khali on team WWE.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Pneub posted:

Mike Adamle as GM was at least kinda funny.
Adamle owned and people who hated him didn't own.

If you hated Adamle you were a regular Jeff Harvey.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Atticus Finch posted:

Adamle owned and people who hated him didn't own.

If you hated Adamle you were a regular Jeff Harvey.

I don't know. He was, at most... also kinda funny. He was a singularity of quality entertainment.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

jscolon2.0 posted:

Save.Us, though possibly only because of how quickly the internet figured it out.

Agree with you 100%, Jericho's return reveal was pretty awesome. Everyone had a feeling it was him and he'd been out of wresting for a couple years, I remember he got a HUGE pop from it too. Still one of my favorite moments when cameras were taping backstage, and Jericho clotheslined someone carrying an Olympic torch outside the arena before doing his signature stance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG-7zxW7-MA

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ozz81 posted:

Still one of my favorite moments when cameras were taping backstage, and Jericho clotheslined someone carrying an Olympic torch outside the arena before doing his signature stance:

That was loving awful. They showed him doing his vibrating arms-spread pose, and ruined the pop. Everyone knew right then and there that it was Jericho (and I don't even want to start on the retarded "Orton's guy is running the torch across town, and it's going to be passed to him soon" thing).

The promo that was little more than a repeat of his debut promo against The Rock didn't help a ton, but, gently caress. Talk about a ruined moment.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ozz81 posted:

Agree with you 100%, Jericho's return reveal was pretty awesome. Everyone had a feeling it was him and he'd been out of wresting for a couple years, I remember he got a HUGE pop from it too. Still one of my favorite moments when cameras were taping backstage, and Jericho clotheslined someone carrying an Olympic torch outside the arena before doing his signature stance:

It wasn't much of a surprise reveal when WWE Magazine leaked that it was Jericho in their magazine.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I still marked out. :colbert:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Face Jericho owns

Heel Jericho owns

Jericho owns

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Professor Funk posted:

Face Jericho owns

Heel Jericho owns

Jericho owns

jerichowns

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

Save Russian Jews posted:

Anyway, when was the last time a "secret person/manipulator" angle was not completely disappointing in its reveal?

Main event of Summerslam this year.

EDIT: Bah, missed someone saying this. Vince's little promo introducing the NWO was pretty huge, too, although the subsequent angle that followed was lacklustre (for various reasons.)

Perdido fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 1, 2011

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

Professor Funk posted:

Face Jericho owns

Heel Jericho owns

Jericho owns

Professor Funk knows what's up. I knew it was Jericho, and still popped for it.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Edwardian posted:

Professor Funk knows what's up. I knew it was Jericho, and still popped for it.

Well, we all knew it was Jericho, that's not the point.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
I think was messed up his second debut was that they teased it FOREVER. I went from "I cant WAIT for him to return!" to "god has he come back yet?"

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
That is the point actually. the surprise had been ruined 2-3 weeks prior but that one solid confirmation made everyone mark the gently caress out anyway.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Probably this is as good a thread as any to post this. So I've taken up woodcarving recently and I'd like to ask for some ideas on wrestling-related things to carve. Now, I'm not nearly good enough right now to do anything super complicated like figures in motion (or hell, really not even human-shaped things), but stuff like logos or illegal objects and whatnot seems like fun to do. For example, here's the old WWF logo that I'm working on:

Not very good at the moment but it's like my third carving and I'm still working on it. Now, I'm okay in the creative department, but you WH2k fellows are always having awesome ideas, so I thought I'd ask for a hand in the concept area. If it turns out well, I'll put a picture up, and if you really want it then I'll just send it to you so long as I get some money for postage.

Cool wrestling-related woodcarving ideas: Go!

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 2, 2011

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I don't have any suggestions at the moment but that WWF logo looks awesome. Nice work.

battlemonk
Dec 10, 2008
A folding chair and a table, and if you're feeling naughty a stepladder. The TLC set, as it were.

To second the above, nice job on the old logo—I am nowhere near patient enough to carve wood.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

A Hulk Hogan Wrestling Buddy

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Life size Wade Barrett

Horse Pepsi
Aug 26, 2010

by T. Finn
Life size Great Khali with realistic movement.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Make Hulk Hogan a new back.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Horse Pepsi posted:

Life size Great Khali with realistic movement.

This one was really hard but I think I nailed it.

I think maybe I overdid it with the muscle tone though.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Captain Magic posted:

:golfclap: Well done.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
A replica Sgt Slaughter chin for Halloween.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Keep doing logoes until you feel confident in your skills. WCW, NWA, ROH, ECW...

Do a TNA one and burn it, film it and Youtube it.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Captain Magic posted:

You forgot the 10 degree knee and elbow joints.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Edit: This is more appropriate for the pictures thread.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jan 2, 2011

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRh9vMjcqT0

Am I the only one that didn't know Matt Morgan was an American Gladiator? I was watching a re-run today and Matt loving Morgan comes down in a cage and is called "The Beast". Russo must have booked that nonsense.

Strikeforce fighter Gina Carano was one as well - but I was legit shocked seeing Matt Morgan on the show. Is that how TNA found him or was he in TNA at that time?

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRh9vMjcqT0

Am I the only one that didn't know Matt Morgan was an American Gladiator? I was watching a re-run today and Matt loving Morgan comes down in a cage and is called "The Beast". Russo must have booked that nonsense.

Strikeforce fighter Gina Carano was one as well - but I was legit shocked seeing Matt Morgan on the show. Is that how TNA found him or was he in TNA at that time?

You kind of are. He was in TNA at the time but they never capitalized on his being in a network show.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

WeaselWeaz posted:

You kind of are. He was in TNA at the time but they never capitalized on his being in a network show.

I figured I was the only one. It's just like TNA to never really mention it or take advantage of a good opportunity.

I wasn't watching TNA nor American Gladiators at the time it originally aired so it was a pretty strange surprise watching it today.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

AkumaHokoru posted:

That is the point actually. the surprise had been ruined 2-3 weeks prior but that one solid confirmation made everyone mark the gently caress out anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOLPYcrHu1o

this was the best thing associated with jericho's return. sam from opie & anthony, being the smarmy douche he is, calls jericho out on returning weeks before the reveal.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Professor Funk posted:

Face Jericho owns

Heel Jericho owns

Jericho owns

This all day every day.

When Jericho comes back I hope he has another sparkly shirt. I love Jericho's sparkly shirt collection.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Sugar Blaster posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOLPYcrHu1o

this was the best thing associated with jericho's return. sam from opie & anthony, being the smarmy douche he is, calls jericho out on returning weeks before the reveal.

jericho found it hilarious too.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Has Matt Hardy done anything in ring since leaving the WWE locker room? (hes hyping his no compete coming up soon)

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Manwithastick posted:

Has Matt Hardy done anything in ring since leaving the WWE locker room? (hes hyping his no compete coming up soon)

He was at some indie 'supershow' recently with MVP I think. I remember seeing a picture of a flyer hyping his appearance. No idea if he wrestled though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

He was at some indie 'supershow' recently with MVP I think. I remember seeing a picture of a flyer hyping his appearance. No idea if he wrestled though.
I think it was him vs MVP, actually.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Another question (I know so soon) but does anybody have stories/vids of the 10 bell remembrance ever being disrespected? I just saw it happen at CZW and it was very interesting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BGPQZeXa4U

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
there was a 10 bell salute for Big Show's dad during that dumbass angle between him and Bossman, if having a fake 10 bell salute counts as disrespecting it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

KungFu Grip posted:

It wasn't much of a surprise reveal when WWE Magazine leaked that it was Jericho in their magazine.

It was a surprise to me, I haven't bought or read a WWE magazine since I was like 12 :colbert: