Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dvgrhl
Sep 30, 2004

Do you think you are dealing with a 4-year-old child to whom you can give some walnuts and chocolates and get gold from him?
Soiled Meat

Qaz Kwaz posted:

I've never had a problem with Sirius customer service. They've gone above and beyond for me. Maybe you guys are all just assholes on the phone.

It was easy for me to cancel back when I did, and they were nice and didn't try too hard to keep me. But, I remember they had very short customer service hours back then - something like 6am-noon EST (this was pre-merger, looks like it's changed now). Being in PST, that was a pain. Also, I think there should be a law that if you can sign up for something online you have to be able to cancel it online as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I did have a Sirius success story like 2 years ago. When I first got it I was internet only, then my brother and I got radios and I tried to switch to 2 radios with internet (back when it was not extra) and they said they did it. I paid the year upfront however they kept charging me for my internet account. Turns out they just created me a totally new account for the radios. I saw the Sirius charge every month but was like "yea I have Sirius" then like 18 months later I realized "wait wtf I paid for a whole year at once"

They refunded all 18 months of charges in under 30 minutes.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Millstone posted:

Even if it's an hour, that's $100 an hour! That's $208,000 a year you could be earning! You do the math! Follow the money!

Excuse me, sir, what do YOU do for a living?

Good to hear more positive results from calling Sirius more recently.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Manwithastick posted:

Forgive me for asking but have we had any ETM news since that suicide post (if it was legit)?

Someone posing at ETM is supposed to make an announcement tonight at 6PM PST on SFN.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

hunter x az posted:

Someone posing at ETM is supposed to make an announcement tonight at 6PM PST on SFN.

I hope its that he'll begin to call the show again.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

-Atom- posted:

It'll be a call because Stern pissed him off in some way and he wants an apology. Because that's the only reason he'll call: he HAS to call.

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Disappointed at the quality of recent shows Ive been doing a burn for about a year now starting in 1997. Ive now got to 2003 and loving 'John Boy' has started calling in. I hate that oval office. His dreary voice, his topics of conversation (usually some Beth and sex related bullshit) could one of you Americans please put out a hit on this oval office, i know you like your crystal meth and stuff, make it look like a deal gone bad, please.

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Graviton v2 posted:

Disappointed at the quality of recent shows Ive been doing a burn for about a year now starting in 1997. Ive now got to 2003 and loving 'John Boy' has started calling in. I hate that oval office. His dreary voice, his topics of conversation (usually some Beth and sex related bullshit) could one of you Americans please put out a hit on this oval office, i know you like your crystal meth and stuff, make it look like a deal gone bad, please.

"Find him, his name is Jonboy. You know what to do, you KNOW what to do".

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

hunter x az posted:

quote:

Look I have better things to be doing thann posting on here all the drat time so this is going to be MY FINAL announcement on this poo poo website. I m tired of you wasting my time every day.Mutt is an rear end in a top hat who doesn't do what hes told Dr Ivan is a bald idiot who changed my profile picture and status without my permision and was not stopped from being a mod. Everyone on this loser website is a no life worthless piece of poo poo jackass and I m sick of putting up with their poo poo all the drat time. Because of all the cyber bullying that ha been going on and it has not just been against me but people who care about me and my family so I decided to get the authorities involved cyber bullying is a serious crime and people ARE GOING TO PRISON. The authorities will have to have the evidence from this website so Mutt can't delete any threads that are cyber bullying me or he will be destryoing evidence and that is a crime. I didn't want to get the authorities involved but Mutt didn't listen to a word I say and even wanted cyberbullying on his website so now alot of people are going to get into trouble and could go to jail they also are stopping people from going on the interent if they commit these crimes they CAN'TEVEN USE A COMPUTER EVER. I have made a list of people in no order of people I will be getting in trouble

FA fa fuckhead
mr worthless
eliasboy
Mikev15
James T Kirk
Spazzmatazz
Dick Fitzwell
jackie the jerk
Shamela
Dr Ivan
hanales
buddysgirl

cucumber808
caster fly
lesbian seagull

Donkeyboy2190
wicked red sox
dhernb11
bstache
Lancelotlink
chrisfromvegas
prefect
maddoxmisery
heinous mark
scittsbaldhead
right saidfred
rjdio
chadp1234
Hersh
blindseven
zhukov
Jeepinjeff
The Gas Face
Tig wizard
Fuzz-nuts
mooby
donkeyboy2190
gotnolife
dwts blows
get the poison out
biancas tick
hersh
acid lad
morning wood
farticulator
Kim jog Ll
multed milkballs
lola
vdrummer35
Gearinsballsack
Dawg
LBGolferMan
kickenwign
freds pubes
Johntaper
howardds boot
rd3851
mr zaremba
GHP
sha sha seany
playitagianfred
Edd5
Rumballs
worlock
detj
nemo
neohiorounder
wangold
PhillipjFry
Living Kennedys
the swedish guy
beethoven
mrlazyhand
yyz
freeksho
treyphan77
reoeyj
stjtoday
fa ma ta toothy
r.p mcmurphy
habit

superchunk
goods
kingjoe
artiesagent
abraham lincoln
matwiow
iamdrunk
ELRICSI

There is more but that is all I am going to tell you for now and if I see anymore poo poo being posted you cn be added at any time. A computer hacker told me you can find out the persons name and address from their profile and that is all you need the authorities can find you cna charge you with a crime.

Now the dumbasses using my word in their profiles can also be in trouble since it is my property and they are using it without my permission I will give you one more chance to pay for uing my words I have a paypal account I m not going to give it out in my announcement but let me know you are willing to pay for my words and I will accept your money but if I see people still using them then I will get you int rouble to. Whoever keeps emailing me stop that poo poo I am getting sick and tired of getting your taunting and abusive emails but I am saving them to for the authorties to look at and they will know who you are and what to do. Any of you sorry asses can write letters of apology to me it might help your case but only if I think you are being serious and not just being stupid jackasses loving around
I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS INTERNET HARRASSMENT AMD STALKING FROM THE LOSER MEMBERS OF THIS WORTHELSS PIECE OF poo poo SITE I hope all of you are ready for the suit that is coming. Goodbye forever worthless jackasses.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
This is magnificent

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Lot of people saying that's not really him, just someone posing as him. Wouldn't be shocking, they're doing it on Twitter. If it isn't him it is a really well done job.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

quote:

A computer hacker told me you can find out the persons name and address from their profile and that is all you need the authorities can find you cna charge you with a crime.

I am rolling right now. I hate that midget but god is that a great line.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

All you motherfuckers are gonna pay, You are the ones who are the ball-lickers.

That's pretty awesome if it's a fake.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Ok some of those fuckers over there are pretty good.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

What is this word that people are using that is his?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Screw the haters, Beth is hot.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007
Notice that her face isn't shown.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I am starting to feel bad. When I am sitting around the house I am in jeans or something. Looking at that photo makes me think I need to invest in a wardrobe upgrade.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

-Atom- posted:

Oh my god please, nothing made me more happy than an ETM call. Too bad Artie isn't there to hit him with the "Thanks buddy" "Bye shithead" stuff

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Sizzlechest posted:

Notice her boobs are? Yeah I did. :cool:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Ribsauce posted:

Oh my god please, nothing made me more happy than an ETM call. Too bad Artie isn't there to hit him with the "Thanks buddy" "Bye shithead" stuff

It's nearly been two months since a Midget call. Considering his big statement is 'I'm going to sue these people/obviously it's not going to work at all,' why would Stern have him on? Add to this a three day work week and there's no time for filler, hence no time for midgets.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I love to hate that midget.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.
I lost my Sirius radio several months ago, it just vanished one drunken night. Today my roommate was doing yard work and found it. It went through 5 months of the coldest, most snow filled winter Kentucky had to offer.. and it still works. I'm amazed.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Kelly posted:

I am starting to feel bad. When I am sitting around the house I am in jeans or something. Looking at that photo makes me think I need to invest in a wardrobe upgrade.

Girls are hotter when they aren't trying!

That's why Howard's rant about women getting their hair all done up and putting on crazy amounts of makeup for their wedding day was spot on.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Girls are hotter when they aren't trying!

That's why Howard's rant about women getting their hair all done up and putting on crazy amounts of makeup for their wedding day was spot on.

Beth also being a model doesn't hurt.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Beth also being a model doesn't hurt.

It's the idea of her trying to make me adopt a bunch of pets that is a turn off.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Sizzlechest posted:

Beth has a great face. Are you one of those ":lol: horse face" guys? As the Stern show is apt to ask, "Where's your wife?"

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I was going through Stern clips on youtube and ended up on this one for Gilbert. I don't remember it from his Sirius appearances so it was pretty surprising to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdbElWMnkyY&NR=1

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
If I'm 60 and my wife looks like Beth I know I'm the man gently caress the haters

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ObwbWso3uM

That god drat limo can be seen from the moon

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Listening to another show semi-randomly chosen from the collection - 9/26/07:

Quite a good week overall, this show has general DePace abuse (over Halo 3), Bubba contract rants, Steve O (pre-rehab) and Jerry Rice. And of course, Dancing With The Stars.

One down side is that this era unfortunately highlights how much better the show is with Artie. Also features the first time Tim Sabean says "They were created by man they can be solved by man" as well as the first appearance of "When I see Beth Smiling".

It's fun when you hear the origination of things they end up using heavily in the rotation of sound drops.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ribsauce posted:

Speaking of the shop vac, does anyone remember there was a call in, I cannot remember if it was ETM or Gary the Retard, and Sal called in as some late term abortion doctor playing vacuum sounds pretending he was aborting whoever the caller was. I searched youtube for about 15 minutes with no luck
This is way late but I was listening to the ETM pack last night and this clip came on. It's from the 09-03-2008 show and if you got the ETM megapack the clip is titled "Eric is pro-life", Sal comes in as Dr. Landafly around 7:38.

Also,

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

I miss the good ol days of constant ball busting:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Handsome00Brilliant#p/u/36/hvwVA6X88bI
Is the announcer at the beginning of this Duke Nukem?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

AltronHGX posted:

Also, Is the announcer at the beginning of this Duke Nukem?

That's Paul "Voice of Success" Turner. He does bumper/promo stuff for a lot of TV and radio stations.

Duke Nukem is Jon St. John.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
On a related note to Eric the Midget tonight on Jeopardy! (and sorry for the :effort: on this picture):

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Millstone posted:

On a related note to Eric the Midget tonight on Jeopardy! (and sorry for the :effort: on this picture):

How much is Alex Trebek going to owe Eric for that one?

And you for posting it? Huh?

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

chiz posted:

How much is Alex Trebek going to owe Eric for that one?

And you for posting it? Huh?

0.0 GRAAAAANNDD

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Kelly posted:

Don't worry until you marry a rich old man and that becomes your job to look hot and tivo episodes of the Bachelor for him.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

Don't worry until you marry a rich old man and that becomes your job to look hot and tivo episodes of the Bachelor for him.

How dare you elude that Beth Tivos episodes of the Bachelor. Howard gets an advanced copy.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
The sexy outfits must be payments for the plugs, North Shore, Giftscriptions, etc. etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Y_v3FhGNc

"You know how I've always given magazine subscriptions as gifts!"

And this, which is more about Sal rather than Beth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATCEMBgfqFo&NR=1

(Disclaimer: I think Beth is quite pretty)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

AxeManiac posted:

Uhm Beth HATES the Bachelor and American Idol. Howard watches them because HE loves these shows. Don't bring Beth into this.