Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

KnoxZone posted:

The Second Donegal has a mission of critical importance. With the Clans attacking early, Adam Steiner won't be around to single handily crush them, at least that is what the propaganda story claims so it is up to Caesar to save the day. A defeat in this battle means 8 year old Adam Steiner ends up dead....or worse. You wouldn't want to lose and make Adam sad, would you?

Remember lads: Information is ammunition!

Can I keep my vote for A and also vote for "shoot that fucker out of a cannon, let the Clans have him."?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Keru posted:

Can I keep my vote for A and also vote for "shoot that fucker out of a cannon, let the Clans have him."?

Bondsman Adam Viper :supaburn: :shepface:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

It's pretty obvious that A - 2nd Donegal is the only possible choice :colbert:

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Let's see what the 2nd Donegal can do.

probably fight uselessly with their 'Mech's controls, tasting blood and sweat, as an eerily calm female voice informs them of a critical hit and they watch their comrades torn to glittering, terribly beautiful scraps around them :ohdear:

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Keru posted:

You made Adam sad. Don't make Adam sad.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Skinwalker and the Zhukov win MVP. Congrats, Bobbin!

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
A, because although I don't know much about the setting I hear the Steiners are awesome.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Voting A

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

In the end it doesn't matter who they throw at us. It doesn't matter where they're from, what they're using or what they want. All that matters is that they ran head-first into the best regiment in the history of mankind: The Second Donegal Guard. Push till it gives!

Not only will Caesar be the man who hands the Clans their first defeat, but he will then return to please Frederick Steiner's wife in ways she's never imagined.

If anyone can take the Clans out, it's a unit with an oversized ASF and artillery contingent who can use off-map movement and also drink like Andre the Giant.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Voting A for the doogle guards

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

A, since Caeser Steiner's been built up and I want to see him in action/die horribly!

Hob, my email is r9vm0(at)unb.ca, you should receive a mail from me soon. You're a true gentleman of fortune to honour our bet, and should you wish to place another bet during the course of this thread I would be honour-bound to accept!

Brandy Collins
Sep 17, 2009

I think I'm going to go with B.

Shame I missed the political vote (I was going to go with the B option for that one). I feel like I went to bed, went to work, and came back to find it all sewn up :(

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Guess I'll jump on the :bandwagon: and vote A as well.
Besides, we get to play with the Lyrans. :3:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Natasha Kerensky stormed into the mock-up of the Grand Council chambers aboard the jumpship Dire Wolf, her aspect furious though her face was concealed by her wolf-head mask and long, gray-furred cloak.

Probably not intended at all, but now I cant think of her not wearing this:

Voting for 1st Lyran Guards

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

SynthOrange posted:

Probably not intended at all, but now I cant think of her not wearing this:

Clanners take their fursuits very seriously.

Although, to be fair, I'd totally wear a hat like this.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 23, 2011

Brandy Collins
Sep 17, 2009

Are you counting A, B, C faction votes PTN?

Just to be clear, I'm voting for the 1st Lyran Guards

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Since I've actually been there......

Second Donegall Guards all the way.

Also, PTN, would you consider letting the megamek crew fight out the Trial of Posession after the first round or so of the next battle? Give us the forces, appoint a leader to each clan and have us bid in the thread. It'll make for some good posting to keep things going between updates (also Muk is just dying to get his hands on a Clan mech......).

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

I abstain from voting. May God have mercy on whichever unit :airquote: wins :airquote:.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
The 2nd Donegal Guards will grind Steel Viper to a halt, or die trying.

(Probably the second one)

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
If you're gonna die, die with your boots on. Voting A to cut the head off of some snakes.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

B It'll mean even more if the clans steamroll them!

VVVV Was that Steiner in MW4 Mercs? He and I are pals, I don't want him potentially being under the influence of goondice.

jerry seinfel fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 23, 2011

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

hcenvirons posted:

B It'll mean even more if the clans steamroll them!

It would be following canon, I guess. B is the 1st Lyran right? A weird, weird unit. They don't appear in the original books, weren't in the War of 3039, appear in the 20 Year Update and then vanish until FM:LA mentions in passing that they were destroyed in the Clan invasion.

The two Steiners who appear in MW4 Mercs are Melissa's second son Peter and Katrina's sister Nondi. Canonically, Peter killed her with a Gauss round to the face.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 23, 2011

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Voting C for the ComGuard (and that's good enough for me).

Unlike the last vote, I won't be particularly bothered when the side I voted for loses. I've got nothing against the 2nd Donegal. I just like that the ComGuard would (probably) get better tech, and they get to take on Clan Goliath Scorpion (and shoot ponies).

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Bonus Update: Let's Play Battletech!

Hey, remember when I mentioned bonus content?

Let's Play Battletech for the Sega Genesis!

Sub-vote!
I can see the way the wind is blowing (although one of the underdogs could still pull ahead). I'm going to let you guys vote for two player-controlled units that may appear in the next scenario:

Your options are:

SA) Power Rangers
STK-3F Stalker
JM6-S Jagermech

Or

SB) Howling Dogs
BNC-3S Banshee
WLF-1 Wolfhound

OR

SC) Knight Lights
TDR-5SS Thunderbolt
BL-7-KNT Black Knight

Contest!
In honor of the humble Inferno SRM, the first person who successfully completes the first mission of Battletech for the Sega Genesis armed with: A) Gauss Rifle, B) Autocannon/5, C) Inferno SRMs without using the unlimited ammo cheat and posts the video in the thread will win either:

CA) their vote counts for 5 votes next time
CB) a Trial of Possession against me in MegaMek (assuming we can find a time that works)
CC) they get to take command of a Schreck PPC Carrier Rommel tank in the upcoming scenario (without losing their normal place in the queue)

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 23, 2011

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Gonna join the bandwagon for A in the main vote.

As for the other... Tasty tasty Stalker. Love that walking watermelon. Voting SA.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

SB) Howling Dogs! The Banshee-S (covered in a BMSaA by yours truly) is probably the best L1 assault and the Wolfhound is the best L1 light. The JagerMech is also FANTASTICALLY bad.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 23, 2011

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Haha, Battletech for the Sega Genesis - what a game...

Voting B and voting SC, because I want to see more enjoyable heat management shenanigans in the future.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

PoptartsNinja posted:

SA) Power Rangers
STK-3F Stalker
JM6-S Jagermech

More AC2s? How could I refuse! All the other choices have way better mechs and who wants that?

SA!

Brandy Collins
Sep 17, 2009

Go go SA!

I never knew there was a Sega Genesis game. When did that happen?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I'm torn between the "Howling Dogs", because those 'mechs are pretty great, and the "Knight Lights", because it would be just hilarious.
I'll have to think about it. :shobon:

Not so fake edit: one thing I can say about the Genesis Mechwarrior is that, once you get used to the controls, it's at least enjoyable, and it's not the SNES version. :rolleyes:

radintorov fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 23, 2011

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
B time to kill natasha in a awesome :c00l:

SC is what i vote for!

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 23, 2011

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Brandy Collins posted:

I never knew there was a Sega Genesis game. When did that happen?

1994. The game bombed so hard... pretty much every mission after the first has a bullshit requirement which causes you to instantly lose if you gently caress up, and one of those has a 3 minute time limit.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

As someone who's going to have to drive these drat things, I vote SB-Howling Dogs. Trust me, we players will be in deep enough poo poo without having CRIPPLED L1 mechs.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mukaikubo posted:

As someone who's going to have to drive these drat things, I vote SB-Howling Dogs. Trust me, we players will be in deep enough poo poo without having CRIPPLED L1 mechs.

/equip sweater
Well I hope for your sake you get to pilot a top-of-the-line Banshee-3S from right here at Defiance Industries, cause that motherfucker is an earthquake in a can.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
My votes:

B)1st Lyran Guards (aka "Let's get slaughtered by Natasha Kerensky's Clan Widowmaker! :gibs:")

SC) Knight Lights

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Well, I'll jump on the 2nd Donegal bandwagon for the main vote.

For the sub-vote, I'm gonna have to go with SC. Probably not gonna win, but I am amused by the pair name and combination of mechs.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
I vote 1st Lyran, because given the propensity of the Steiners towards heavier 'mechs, their top line unit may well have a few 100-ton assaults. Also,

SC The Black Knight always triumphs!

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

PoptartsNinja posted:

Let's Play Battletech for the Sega Genesis!

Oh my god. I remember that game now... I played it too!

:aaaaa:

quote:

Sub-vote!SA) Power Rangers
STK-3F Stalker
JM6-S Jagermech

Or

SB) Howling Dogs
BNC-3S Banshee
WLF-1 Wolfhound

OR

SC) Knight Lights
TDR-5SS Thunderbolt
BL-7-KNT Black Knight

Going to vote SA because I want to see the walking dildo of doom.

quote:

Contest!
In honor of the humble Inferno SRM, the first person who successfully completes the first mission of Battletech for the Sega Genesis armed with: A) Gauss Rifle, B) Autocannon/5, C) Inferno SRMs without using the unlimited ammo cheat and posts the video in the thread will win either:

CA) their vote counts for 5 votes next time
CB) a Trial of Possession against me in MegaMek (assuming we can find a time that works)
CC) they get to take command of a Schreck PPC Carrier Rommel tank in the upcoming scenario

You are a magnificent bastard, PoptartsNinja. That's outright sadistic.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
That video has completely destroyed my faith in humanity. As for the newest new vote. SA The Jagermech is so iconic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

This looks identical to the SNES Mechwarrior game! I don't see any differences, though. Think you'd let me make a video of me completing the first stage on that and submit it for the contest? (And see if I could beat you in a 5v5 trial if I actually followed Clan RoE :p)

• Locked thread