Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Arthur D Wolfe posted:

Hey guys, have a question about The Armory. I love the collection (more guns means more fun in my book!), but I am spergy enough to be annoyed by the "incorrect" chamberings. Is there a way to get the weapons in v2 of the mod to use their proper calibers? I realise it will include plenty of editing and the CaliberX mod, but it really irks me when all the Russian AK variants eat 5mm.

You didn't see the CaliberX compatibility patch in the manual rar/FOMOD installation script? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.
I'm looking for something that makes hardcore mod harder without making it stupid. This is the best one I've found so far... http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35715
Anyone of you have any experience with it? Is it good or do you know of a better one?

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

Marx posted:

So I installed Requiem for a Capital Wasteland.

Have to say, there's something satisfying about being able to switch up between Fallout 3 and NV by clicking a sewer grate.

How's the stability? Can you complete any of the main game quests or at least go to point lookout?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Retrograde posted:

How's the stability? Can you complete any of the main game quests or at least go to point lookout?

Some of the main quests had a little glitching that needed some console help, and some of the NPC pathfinding is a little hosed up. However, it's actively being worked on and new fixes keep coming out that tighten up the issues.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

Coughing Hobo posted:

Bethsoft's modding forums are surprisingly not all that terrible. However, you don't need to go there at all, as the OP has a link to the 4GB launcher.

I'm sorry, maybe I phrased my question wrong. I have the 4GB launcher, but I don't know how to load it at the same time as the most recent version of NVSE.

Though it is a relief to know that the forum's okay over there. I'll go search for it.

e: Thanks everyone. Until now, I didn't try using the 4GB loader AFTER I had installed the updated version of NVSE. Project Nevada seems to be working. Problem solved!

What Fun fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 24, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

What Fun posted:

I'm sorry, maybe I phrased my question wrong. I have the 4GB launcher, but I don't know how to load it at the same time as the most recent version of NVSE.

Though it is a relief to know that the forum's okay over there. I'll go search for it.

1. Start up FOMM
2. Select "Settings"
3. Click on "Fallout: New Vegas" tab
4. In the "Custom Launch Command", direct FOMM to use the FNV4GB.exe instead. Basically, you'll list the directory as follows:

"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\FNV4GB.exe"

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Naky posted:

You didn't see the CaliberX compatibility patch in the manual rar/FOMOD installation script? :)
Sorry, should have mentioned: I did, and I checked it. Nothing happened. Tried various load orders and restarted the game twice, still nothing. It might be that my version of Caliber is incompatible; which one do you recommend?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Arthur D Wolfe posted:

Sorry, should have mentioned: I did, and I checked it. Nothing happened. Tried various load orders and restarted the game twice, still nothing. It might be that my version of Caliber is incompatible; which one do you recommend?

The latest one. Mirrored, because being forced to make 30 posts on a lovely forum is a terrible idea. If it still doesn't work after that, I'm not sure? I don't use CaliberX, and safetyhammer maintains it.

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Naky posted:

The latest one. Mirrored, because being forced to make 30 posts on a lovely forum is a terrible idea. If it still doesn't work after that, I'm not sure? I don't use CaliberX, and safetyhammer maintains it.
I was using 3.12, but upgrading to 3.13 did not solve the issue. All weapons still use their vanilla calibers. I will try shuffling my load order around a bit, but things look grim.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Put the CaliberX patch last after all your Armory optionals is what I'd suggest, especially if you're using the realism esps.

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Naky posted:

Put the CaliberX patch last after all your Armory optionals is what I'd suggest, especially if you're using the realism esps.
To clarify, is a CaliberX patch specific to The Armory meant to appear in the mod list? Because if so it has failed to appear every time I have installed through the FMOD.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I have a scripting question. How difficult would it be to apply this script to this mod? I want my character to be able to run around looking like an extra from The Matrix instead of an freak wearing a Gimp Suit (or an Omar, really.)

The "targeting computer" eye pieces really don't help, either, because they just make you look like a complete idiot.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Arthur D Wolfe posted:

To clarify, is a CaliberX patch specific to The Armory meant to appear in the mod list? Because if so it has failed to appear every time I have installed through the FMOD.

Yeah it's supposed to. There might be a glitch in the script then... this is the CaliberX esp, so give it a shot.

edit: yep, the fomod script has an error. For those of you who have the gumption to fix it, do this: load up the package manager in FOMM and select The Armory 2.0 and click edit script. Find the line that references the CaliberX esp and delete the ".Addon" part, so that the line is The.Armory.CaliberX.esp and make sure to click OK at the bottom for it to stick. Sorry folks!

Naky fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 25, 2011

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Naky posted:

Yeah it's supposed to. There might be a glitch in the script then... this is the CaliberX esp, so give it a shot.
Manually added the ESP file, everything is working. Thanks for the help Naky! At least my troubles let you find a script bug, so something good came out of it.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is there a mod that will replace the Van Graff's with new vendors when you decide to destroy them after Cass's peaceful ending? They don't like me anymore, and well they're dead.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

SourceElement posted:

I have a scripting question. How difficult would it be to apply this script to this mod? I want my character to be able to run around looking like an extra from The Matrix instead of an freak wearing a Gimp Suit (or an Omar, really.)

The "targeting computer" eye pieces really don't help, either, because they just make you look like a complete idiot.

Two seconds in FNVEdit.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Edit: nevermind, figured it out.

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jun 25, 2011

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Chronojam posted:

Some of the main quests had a little glitching that needed some console help, and some of the NPC pathfinding is a little hosed up. However, it's actively being worked on and new fixes keep coming out that tighten up the issues.

I just realized I need this, so badly.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Siljmonster posted:

Is there a mod that will replace the Van Graff's with new vendors when you decide to destroy them after Cass's peaceful ending? They don't like me anymore, and well they're dead.

I'd love the idea of a mod where you take over. Set up your own shop buying and selling your own wares. Dump all the stuff you've salvaged, hire a vendorbot or something and go on your way. Come back now and again and pick up any profits.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Falcon2001 posted:

I just realized I need this, so badly.

Just, if you have two companions, sometimes they will run off in a random direction then orbit each other for a while (especially if not set to follow close). Some scripted AI pathing events also will not trigger properly and you'll find NPCs standing around in a group instead of doing a routine.

Make no mistake, it's great. The pathfinding issue is probably my only gripe with it. It's fun to screw around in DC with the new perks, new rules, and new weapons. I think most of the DLC works but I haven't tried it yet.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

I want to delete a mod-given perk I have , without deleting the mod itself (As I have a ton of other perks from it that I want to keep.) What would be the easiest way of doing this?

VV, Thanks, I found the perk ID and it worked VV

Zenephant fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 25, 2011

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Co-sine posted:

I want to delete a mod-given perk I have , without deleting the mod itself (As I have a ton of other perks from it that I want to keep.) What would be the easiest way of doing this?

player.removeperk

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Chronojam posted:

Just, if you have two companions, sometimes they will run off in a random direction then orbit each other for a while (especially if not set to follow close). Some scripted AI pathing events also will not trigger properly and you'll find NPCs standing around in a group instead of doing a routine.

Make no mistake, it's great. The pathfinding issue is probably my only gripe with it. It's fun to screw around in DC with the new perks, new rules, and new weapons. I think most of the DLC works but I haven't tried it yet.

It's alright, I only have one companion. I just want to replay through a bunch of FO3, which I never really got into and find it hard to go back to without NV's changes.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I can't stop modding this game. That 4gb utility makes things run so much better for me. The difference is seriously night and day. I recently installed Ojo Poco + Ojo Buena and things look so much better. Those plus Nevada Skies + URWL and the streetlight mods make the world look so much better. Couple the looks with the changes in Project Nevada and locations from stuff like World of Pain and there is almost too much to do. I just installed NV Bounties, and am now installing the Puce Moose quests and the underground hideout mod with that auto sorter for ammo! I think I have about 40 ESPs loading. Feels good man.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Yeah, this game has come out with some really great mods and NV is a game that keeps on giving, it's been worth the full price for sure.

That said, one of the mods confuses me a bit. The Armory is supposed to install supposedly 200 some weapons and such. The thing is, I'm 6 or 7 hours into my new file and I've probably only come across 8 or 10 of those weapons so far. Did I install something wrong or is this normal, if it's normal are there ways of finding more of them?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Cubemario posted:

Yeah, this game has come out with some really great mods and NV is a game that keeps on giving, it's been worth the full price for sure.

That said, one of the mods confuses me a bit. The Armory is supposed to install supposedly 200 some weapons and such. The thing is, I'm 6 or 7 hours into my new file and I've probably only come across 8 or 10 of those weapons so far. Did I install something wrong or is this normal, if it's normal are there ways of finding more of them?

There's a dresser behind Goodsprings General with all the weapons

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Falcon2001 posted:

It's alright, I only have one companion. I just want to replay through a bunch of FO3, which I never really got into and find it hard to go back to without NV's changes.

It works out really, really well. It's quite a treat, and if you never played the FO3 DLC, I'm pretty sure I've heard you can do all of The Pitt without any problems (and that's probably the best expansion aside from Broken Steel).

By the way, all of the FO3 mods I tried (certainly not all will though) worked with the NV/FO3 combo. MMM works as far as I've heard, expanded interiors is great to have, etc.

Do note that my modded out double-game now takes about a minute to get to the title screen, and maybe another minute to load my save for the first time of the day.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

One Sick Puppy posted:

There's a dresser behind Goodsprings General with all the weapons

I knew about the dresser, but I was asking in terms of not "cheating". My understanding is it's randomly found in containers and corpses if you use leveled lists.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Cubemario posted:

A lot of them seem to be higher level weapons. I came across way more once I started getting nearer the Strip.

I am really liking the mod, and you did a great job on it. It's also fun playing "Guess the source" with some of the guns.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
For obvious reasons, not all the weapons will make it into the leveled lists. Some are store bought only (look around) and even further still some are only accessible via the cabinets. C'est la vie.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Does this game model bullet drop? Are there mods that make the weapons/combat especially realistic? I want gameplay similar to CoP with the weapons rebalance mod.

Asking because I shot someone in the face like three times and they didn't die, which is stupid.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Naky posted:

For obvious reasons, not all the weapons will make it into the leveled lists. Some are store bought only (look around) and even further still some are only accessible via the cabinets. C'est la vie.
Not so obvious. There were around 40 redundant texture swaps (sometimes not even) that I really dislike putting in as it undermines actually obtaining mods, and most of the odder weapons I couldn't find places for.

And yeah, the vast majority of the new weapons you'd actually find once you set foot into Vegas. I wasn't really in the business of giving small timers like Powder Gangers and Vipers AUGs.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

And yeah, the vast majority of the new weapons you'd actually find once you set foot into Vegas. I wasn't really in the business of giving small timers like Powder Gangers and Vipers AUGs.

The Powder Gangers are plenty dangerous with their Klobbers and vz.62s anyway. :colbert:

It's just amazing how well the leveled list fits into the game. I'm having a difficult time remembering just what is a vanilla weapon and what isn't. I sort of do wish that the leveled lists were used in the DLC/expansions, but I can understand why they aren't. It did make me smile, however, when I was attacking The Fort and got charged by a Legionnaire with a katar.

The Fiends also seem to have a lot of the semi-decent hardware if you feel like going after them. I've found at least one DEagle on them, as well as assorted SMGs. I dunno how much of that is from being an abnormally high level, though.

Finally, shouldn't Project Nevada allow your skills to exceed 100? I could have sworn I saw that option when I was installing it, but I may be thinking of XFO instead. I know the level cap "remover" is working fine. (Level 38 and still going strong!)

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.

A MIRACLE posted:

Does this game model bullet drop? Are there mods that make the weapons/combat especially realistic? I want gameplay similar to CoP with the weapons rebalance mod.

Asking because I shot someone in the face like three times and they didn't die, which is stupid.

Humanity has evolved to become much tougher. A main plot point is that you can survive a point blank shot to the head, with the only medical treatment coming from somebody who isn't even a doctor.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

SourceElement posted:

The Powder Gangers are plenty dangerous with their Klobbers and vz.62s anyway. :colbert:

It's just amazing how well the leveled list fits into the game. I'm having a difficult time remembering just what is a vanilla weapon and what isn't. I sort of do wish that the leveled lists were used in the DLC/expansions, but I can understand why they aren't. It did make me smile, however, when I was attacking The Fort and got charged by a Legionnaire with a katar.

The Fiends also seem to have a lot of the semi-decent hardware if you feel like going after them. I've found at least one DEagle on them, as well as assorted SMGs. I dunno how much of that is from being an abnormally high level, though.

Finally, shouldn't Project Nevada allow your skills to exceed 100? I could have sworn I saw that option when I was installing it, but I may be thinking of XFO instead. I know the level cap "remover" is working fine. (Level 38 and still going strong!)
2.5 is fixing melee attack speed (it's global anim multiplier that needed to be changed, attack multiplier does nothing for melee weapons) so katars will actually be dangerous there.

Also say goodbye to the single shotgun in 2.5 because nobody likes that poo poo

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

here's what kind of work goes into the Armory btw:

quote:

[0954.25] <Naky> Oh for gently caress sakes
[0954.26] <tiw> advantages to the single shotgun would be 1) not retardedly heavy 2) can fire 2!! shots before reloading
[0954.32] <Naky> I'm one point off on the wooden ak74 mag
[0954.42] <tiw> gently caress nifscope
[0955.04] <Naky> It's the 20th century poo poo that's hardest to work on
[0955.23] <tiw> just remember one thing
[0955.23] <safetyhammer> Wooden mag?
[0955.26] <Naky> Whoever originally imported all this poo poo didn't have the gun pieced together like it should be in whatever poo poo 3D app they used
[0955.34] <Naky> So all the pieces, when zeroed out, are all over the place
[0955.39] <tiw> you are compensating for the laziness and ineptitude of literally hundreds of nexus modders
[0955.39] <safetyhammer> Blender probably.
[0955.52] <tiw> you have eclipsed their workload hundred to thousandfold
[0956.02] <Naky> So all the guns that are properly done, I can more or less use the same coordinates and everything's great
[0956.23] <Naky> But for the 20th century is serious trial and error to find the new coordinates that work

All this for changing an animation set from one that pushes an invisible assembly pin to one that only animates the ejection port when iron-sighted because Bethesda doesn't know how to rig animations

and Nexus users have the gall to be angry at their poo poo being fixed, it's like being there requires a mandatory lobotomy

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

ClearAirTurbulence posted:

Humanity has evolved to become much tougher. A main plot point is that you can survive a point blank shot to the head, with the only medical treatment coming from somebody who isn't even a doctor.

Hell, wasn't it TWO shots of the best 9mm available?

cuntrageous
Jun 6, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

here's what kind of work goes into the Armory btw:

All this for changing an animation set from one that pushes an invisible assembly pin to one that only animates the ejection port when iron-sighted because Bethesda doesn't know how to rig animations

and Nexus users have the gall to be angry at their poo poo being fixed, it's like being there requires a mandatory lobotomy

'Intellectual property' hahahahaha

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Benny's Small Weapons skill is clearly poo poo. Gotta be like 15 or so. Spent too many points in barter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Oh, that IRC log reminds me, the Wattz Laser Rifle doesn't quite work with iron sights. Whenever I try and aim down it's sight, it doesn't properly move to the position. It may be the weapon animation replacement mod I'm using, but every other gun works fine.