Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

nerve posted:

They said on their site that you had to pre-order by the 10th in order to get everything out in time so hopefully very soon. Don't know if they've posted an exact date.

yeah, was wondering if they;d posted it some other place. the site actually said august a few days ago when i ordered :]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous
Looks like I'm gonna be tapped to cover the Vans Warped Tour for the station when they come into town. Big D and the Kids Table and Less Than Jake are supposed to be on this leg.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I remember reading it was coming out on the 26th

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nerve posted:

They said on their site that you had to pre-order by the 10th in order to get everything out in time so hopefully very soon. Don't know if they've posted an exact date.

Two weeks from now.

Masturbatory Manatee
Oct 18, 2005
CHUCK NORRIS
CHUCK NORRIS
CHUCK NORRIS
HURRRRRR
I'll be at the RBF/Streetlight show in San Diego on Wednesday. Excited even though I saw streetlight here last year too. Hopefully RBF does a better job than it sounds like they've been doing. I am bringing some friends who dont really know either band so hopefully they'll have a fun experience skanking with the 13 year olds.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Oh god the new Planet Smashers is out now and it's like you've found your old favorite pair of shoes, and they still fit, and they're so comfortable

The horns are weak and sound like they have some telephone filter on them, and the lyrics are dumb as hell, but it's still a Planet Smashers album so it's still catchy as gently caress and I can't stop bouncing in my seat. I love it. I like it much more than Unstoppable.

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

Red Red Blue posted:

I remember reading it was coming out on the 26th

I read this somewhere too, can't remember where though, hopefully it'll arrive not long after then, just in time for my birthday :swoon:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Xemloth posted:

I read this somewhere too, can't remember where though, hopefully it'll arrive not long after then, just in time for my birthday :swoon:

It was the article that had the first full version of Vocal Coach.

e: Ghost of You and Me is on that new Scooby Doo cartoon right now. Insane.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jul 12, 2011

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Masturbatory Manatee posted:

I'll be at the RBF/Streetlight show in San Diego on Wednesday. Excited even though I saw streetlight here last year too. Hopefully RBF does a better job than it sounds like they've been doing. I am bringing some friends who dont really know either band so hopefully they'll have a fun experience skanking with the 13 year olds.
I'll let you know, I'm seeing them in Anaheim tonight. I saw RBF when they were here last time so I am mainly going for Streetlight, though. I've only seen them do like a half hour set at a festival thing so this is gonna be great.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
QUR news: new* album by The Wild

*half of it is a re-release of their self-title :(

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Quest For Glory II posted:

Oh god the new Planet Smashers is out now and it's like you've found your old favorite pair of shoes, and they still fit, and they're so comfortable

The horns are weak and sound like they have some telephone filter on them, and the lyrics are dumb as hell, but it's still a Planet Smashers album so it's still catchy as gently caress and I can't stop bouncing in my seat. I love it. I like it much more than Unstoppable.
I've never really liked the Planet Smashers, but I picked this one up after hearing someone play it on turntable.fm. Catchy as hell and really fun.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
Anybody going to Massacre Raid this year? Set times just got posted:

PURGATORY STAGE TIMES:

2:00-2:25 - SS Vendetta
2:50-3:15 - Corporate Fandango
3:40-4:05 - La Real Sociedad Wetbaks
4:30-4:55 - Jojo Taterhead Revival
5:20-5:45 - El Chupaskabra
6:15-6:40 - Me and Monsters
7:10-7:40 - Blame Sydney
8:10-8:40 - Dead Like Lincoln
9:10-9:40 - La Suegra
10:10-10:40 - Stuck Lucky

HELL STAGE TIMES:

2:25-2:50 - Survay Says
3:15-3:40 - 4 Point 0
4:05-4:30 - The Hermits of Suburbia
4:55-5:20 - Joystick
5:45-6:15 - Paranoia Dance Party
6:40-7:10 - The Hits
7:40-8:10 - The Beat Officers
8:40-9:10 - Chilled Monkey Brains
9:40-10:10 - Shut Up Travis
10:40-end - The Taj Motel Trio

Gonna be awesome.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Shnikies, between 4point0 and you guys and Shut Up Travis I really wish I could go.

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

Hopefully some of the bands in Purgatory surprise me, because I'm excited for every band in Hell and Stuck Lucky. Still going to be awesome like every year.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
I play trombone (terribly) for El Chupaskabra too so I'll be playing in purgatory as well. Dead Like Lincoln used to be good although I haven't seen them since they came back, and I think SS Vendetta was good when I saw them but I might be thinking of somebody else.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Thanks to Spotify I was able to catch up on a couple of albums. 'Lost in Transition' from Ellwood, which is a reggae-focused Mad Caddies side project.. although to be honest, all of the new material the Mad Caddies were playing at shows the last couple of years were reggae-focused, so I don't know what this really means for the band. I kind of get the sense that the Caddies aren't long for this world. At any rate, if you liked songs like Drinking for 11, Lost in Transition is basically an album full of that type of material.

I also listened to 'Nothing But Time' by Rude City Riot and was prepared to hate it because the lead singer's voice really bothers me (gives me bad Insyderz vibes), but it has a surprising number of well crafted songs. It's apparently a debut album but it sounds like an album made by a band that's been together for years. I'm still not a fan of the singing but I can live with it.

Aggrolites' Rugged Road felt like a huge swing and a miss, it bored me to tears and an Aggrolites album has never done that to me before. I also discovered a band called The Expos and their album Blackwater was the exact opposite sensation.. WOW where did this band come from?? I've got to keep an eye on them. Finally I got a listen to Slow Gherkin's new rarities album.. most of it is material that's been floating out there but it's nice to have it all in one place, and it has a version of Good Advice that I hadn't heard before.

Anyway thats my really cool story. Someday one of these services will carry Skavoovie and the Epitones again, until then I'll continue to be the only one who knows they existed.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jul 20, 2011

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

I love Skavoovie, but it's impossible to find. I uploaded some to turntable.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I heard a really awesome track on Turntable, by a German ska band called Frank And His Skunk All Stars -- I think it was "Rusty Coins"? I tried to find it to buy it, but it isn't distributed in the US as far as I can tell. I want to give you my money stop making it so hard :( I hate this lovely loving industry.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
More of a site question, but if I play a song on Turntable I uploaded, does it enter the library for the public? Don't want to be murdered for playing songs that aren't out yet (but I have legally!).

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

I don't think so, but others can add that song to their queue if you play it.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Mysterious Aftertaste posted:

I don't think so, but others can add that song to their queue if you play it.
I think that's what he means. I'm not sure how what you described is different.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
I mean if anyone would be able to later search in the database for it and find it. Didn't even think of the quick "add to queue" button. Does that show up for uploaded tracks?

buttslave
Jun 8, 2007
Onwards and Upwards!
edit: Posted really old information. Saw BtMI post Savers on their Facebook and got excited and thought it was a new thing.

But speaking of Savers - is anybody else feel kind of disappointed with the track?

buttslave fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 21, 2011

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Dundee McFluffers posted:

edit: Posted really old information. Saw BtMI post Savers on their Facebook and got excited and thought it was a new thing.

But speaking of Savers - is anybody else feel kind of disappointed with the track?

Wow. Yeah. I saw your post before you edited it and I agree, this is like the first BTMI track that I really really do not like. Only one listen so maybe I'll start to like it more but so far I am not a fan.

I do however love all the other tracks released from Vacation so far so I'm not worried.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I really dig this track actually. I like that Vacation so far seems to have a bit tighter focus than Scrambles.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I didn't like Matchless, Considerable Weirdness, the B48 Home the first few times I heard it but I really like it now if that counts. I'm gonna check out Savers ASAP and see what's up.

There were a few tracks on Scrambles that were growers for me (It Shits!!!, $2,400,000) too so it's not unheard of for me to not like a song at first, but I haven't had any that I didn't eventually like.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Vocals are kinda weird in a few spots but it's definitely a solid track. I'll probably like it a lot better in the future, but right now it's solid.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
http://www.amazon.com/Vacation-Bomb-Music-Industry/dp/B0053TRRN6

Samples for every track

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
It's tough to make decisions based on samples but I am less than enthusiastic.

iron chic
Jul 1, 2010
This album will be the pet sounds of diy punk.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DONT READ THIS POST posted:

The only one I didn't like was Why, Oh No... or something. The rest sounded excellent.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Took me a while to warm up to a lot of Scrambles too, next week can't come soon enough

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

DONT READ THIS POST posted:

Yeah some of these samples sound...loving awful to me. Not going to judge the songs obviously they're just 20 second samples. Hope I like this album...

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

I don't know, Jeff played Savers during his last iPod tour and I was pretty stoked on it. I'm going to reserve judgement 'til the full thing comes out.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
It's weird but it's so loving good. I love it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress the haters this poo poo sounds rad.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
Pre-orders went out this week, so I guess I don't have to pretend I don't have it anymore. Like most of his albums, my initial impression was "weird", then a few spins later it started to click. Since then I love more and more about it. Impressions spoilered.

Ticking clock and the gang vocal hook on the first track are both so epic. Love the new Everybody That You Love. I really like Can't Complain now. But the last three segued tracks kill it. I don't think this is going to be anybody's favorite album upon first listen, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was my album of the year.

hedgecore fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 21, 2011

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

hedgecore posted:

Pre-orders went out this week, so I guess I don't have to pretend I don't have it anymore. Like most of his albums, my initial impression was "weird", then a few spins later it started to click. Since then I love more and more about it. Impressions spoilered.

Ticking click and the gang vocal hook on the first track are both so epic. Love the new Everybody That You Love. I really like Can't Complain now. But the last three segued tracks kill it. I don't think this is going to be anybody's favorite album upon first listen, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was my album of the year.

Sneve you bastard. I hate you so much.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

Dickeye posted:

Sneve you bastard. I hate you so much.

I doubt you'll be holding out much longer. I'm sure it's going to leak soon. I'm just not going to be the guy to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
How am I not receiving it the same day as everyone else? How long does it take to ship from brooklyn to manhattan?