Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yessssss, managed to wrangle next Friday off in exchange for doing a six day week this week. :dance:

Extremely tempted to go to bed early and be a giant loving nerd by getting up around midnight to play it as soon as possible Friday. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I can see why they are doing that. Selling stolen CD-Keys from other regions of the world, is becoming a huge problem. Usually when you type in a games name in Google, one of the first results is to buy a cheap cd-key from some russian website.

The most popular sites don't use stolen CD keys and the ones that do don't last.

It's not about stolen CD keys at all, it's just to lock regions into certain prices like with consoles.

Vertigus fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 16, 2011

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?
Can anyone confirm the Steam unlock date for Australia? It just says August on the Steam thing. I'm owed so much time off and this seems like a pretty good reason not to go to work for a day.

Mecharasputin
May 30, 2009

Ultra Carp

Tecman posted:

Are there any regional restrictions in the PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution?
:siren: The PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution is region-locked. :siren:
Please be sure to purchase a copy from your own region, otherwise you might not be able to register the game.
If you should not be able to register your copy due to a region conflict, please return the game to your retailer. Square Enix cannot offer assistance in replacing incompatible registration codes.

The problem right now is that they don't tell us exactly which regions are restricted. For the Green Man Gaming purchase krew, you guys are safe. http://forums.greenmangaming.com/topic/434/

This is from an email response: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1649303&postcount=17

Languages - English
Release Region - UK Only
Steam Account Region - UK Only

Languages - English
Release Region - Outside of UK
Steam Account Region - EU, but NOT UK, Russia or Poland

Languages - French, Italian, German, Spanish
Release Region - Outside of UK
Steam Account Region - EU, but NOT UK, Russia or Poland

Languages - Russian, Polish
Release Region - Russia/Poland
Steam Account Region - Russia/Poland Only

FYI - the restrictions only apply when registering the key - you can have a friend from the appropriate region register the game for you and then it's smooth sailing. The only time a company went down on people registering keys from outside your region happened with EA and Modern Warfare 2, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
Yeah, I know. It's what I'll end up doing if I have to. Still gay. Anyways.

Thoughts on Deus Ex: Human Revolution and FPS’s.
( http://screwthemanual.wordpress.com/2011/08/08/thoughts-on-deus-ex-human-revolution-and-fpss/ )

For those of you who tuned into E3 this year, you will no doubt be aware of the many games that are making its way to our shelves in the coming months, and for those who are fans of the FPS genre, you may be aware that Deus Ex: Human Revolution has been gaining considerable hype recently. The game has already received positive reviews from PC Gamer (94%) and Official Xbox Magazine (10/10) and Edge (10/10). For me this is wonderful, for this genre but really for gaming as a whole. My primary reason for this is that Deus Ex 3 may give the FPS market something new to gamers other than rehashed military shooters, which are becoming quite stagnant.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a good round of Call of Duty every now and again, and I can’t deny that I had some good fun with Battlefield 2 when I was younger. But when I play these games, I often put down the controller and think to myself; “What have I really got from this game?”.

Oh sure I had fun! But I learned nothing. A few hours of my life has been drained into Call of Duty’s campaign and I effectively received nothing to gain from the experience in return. And this is where I feel Deus Ex: Human Revolution will begin to change things for us, it is a brand new world for gamers to explore, one that offers multiple view points to a question that has pondered philosophers, scientists and government officials, hell, pretty much everyone at some point in their lives; what does it mean to be human?

Deus Ex 3 offers a unique look into a world where humanity has entered a new phase, where machine parts replacing human limbs has become commonplace and the corporate giant Sarif Industries has become one of the world leaders in this field of science. Actively encouraging customers to exchange their body parts for ‘upgraded’ machine parts, and the change has not gone down easy in this world. Some shrug and accept the changes Sarif Industries introduces to the world. But many howl with screaming fury that Sarif is actively playing ‘God’ and turning us from human beings into machines, because after all, at what point are we no longer human? Why do we feel the need to upgrade ourselves? What does all this say about human nature in general? This world is something new for gamers, somewhere we can now immerse ourselves into and truly experience the feel of a world where our technology has exceeded our own humanity.

But for me, what really makes me smile is that gamers are genuinely excited about Deus Ex 3! This is not just a game only a small handful of people can play and experience something special, like LIMBO. No, this is a game that millions upon millions of gamers will be able to play and enjoy, and potentially, even show publishers that we may want more enriched experiences like these in the future. It is these kinds of games that may change our industry, and bring new powers to a genre that has been declining in originality of recent years.

I for one, can not wait to play Deus Ex 3. Eidos, let me experience something other than a Hollywood cliche shooter, or a game choked down with male sex pandering and pointless nudity. Let me experience a game with depth, life and most importantly, a soul.

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

Can anyone confirm the Steam unlock date for Australia? It just says August on the Steam thing. I'm owed so much time off and this seems like a pretty good reason not to go to work for a day.
The 25th.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Cartoon Man posted:

Its only available with a gamestop preorder, for now at least. History would suggest that squeenix will sell it as DLC some time after the game is released, but this is not confirmed yet.

FYI, Impulse is owned by Gamestop so you can get the preorder DLC mission from that edition. You don't really get any sort of discount though.

emoticon
May 8, 2007
;)

NihilCredo posted:

What the gently caress was that angel angeru that flashes at 0:23?

It is a clever reference to the greek myth of the man who flew too close to the sun and died. There are a lot of renaissance and classical references in the game, which is weird for something set in the future but fits into the retro-future aesthetic pretty well.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know if us 'mericans will have the option of playing with Japanese VO? I didn't see any mention of the Japanese release in that region chart from EA, so I'm hoping there's a chance that the language files will be included in all copies.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Zoolooman posted:

We've allowed people to talk about the leak here as well. It is probably the only allowed exception to the piracy rules, because the community assumption is that if you enjoyed the leak, you will buy the full game.

This is completely accurate to be quite honest. I was on the fence about buying the game until I tried the leak. I played about 25 minutes of the leak, and immediately proceeded to place my pre-order for the game. I now refuse to touch the leaked build, because I want everything to be fresh when the actual game comes out.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Tecman posted:

"No, this is a game that millions upon millions of gamers will be able to play and enjoy, and potentially, even show publishers that we may want more enriched experiences like these in the future. It is these kinds of games that may change our industry, and bring new powers to a genre that has been declining in originality of recent years."

I'd love it if HR set off a wave of more emergent gameplay type games, but isn't this exactly what was expected right after the first DX, and it didn't quite pan out that way? What makes this time any different that linearity will start to become unattractive to game developers?

emoticon
May 8, 2007
;)

Longbaugh01 posted:

I'd love it if HR set off a wave of more emergent gameplay type games, but isn't this exactly what was expected right after the first DX, and it didn't quite pan out that way? What makes this time any different that linearity will start to become unattractive to game developers?

Sales. If sales are good enough, more developers (and importantly publishers) will consider this type of game viable. The first Deus Ex didn't sell all that well despite the acclaim, which is why there wasn't a wave of Deus Ex-like games.

e:

ModeSix posted:

In order for linearity to become unattractive to game developers we'd have to neuter all the people that thing HALO/CoD is the "best thing evar!!!@!!!" so that they cannot reproduce, and after a generation we might have a group of game buyers that bought DX:HR and showed it to their children.

This is the most PC gaming post right here.

emoticon fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 16, 2011

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Longbaugh01 posted:

In order for linearity to become unattractive to game developers we'd have to neuter all the people that thing HALO/CoD is the "best thing evar!!!@!!!" so that they cannot reproduce, and after a generation we might have a group of game buyers that bought DX:HR and showed it to their children.

Unfortunately due to the mass of people that buy your standard generic shooter that has linear gameplay, I don't think things are going to change any time soon. At least not until people stop buying games like that wholesale.

jcp982
Apr 5, 2011

Tecman posted:

I've actually posted this article before, but it seems they've added a loving awesome video interview with Antoine Thisdale on page one which shows the evolution and early prototyping of the game? It includes stuff like early hacking, early cover mechanics, early takedowns and wallpunching.

Really really awesome video. Interesting to see the skin tone robot arms were once used on the Jensen model. Also interesting is that this was before the gold tone was implemented in the game. The early Detroit hub without the color looks pretty drat close to Deus Ex.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

TemporarySetback posted:

What do you think is the hardest part about creating a level?
For me it's almost always the technical aspect; more than anything design-wise. What I mean by that specifically, is staying within memory limitations that the engine can handle. Often times, you can make a solid layout in a blocky-graybox, and it works out fine, but once you start adding sounds, npc's, animation's, visual fx's, graphics, things start getting really heavy on the CPU/GPU, and your level starts to chug when combat picks up. This is a terribly bad thing to have happen late in production. It's the kind of thing that I am learning as the days go by, so I'm not too worried that I'll never get the hang of it. You learn to plan your layout according to rules of streaming and budgets.

Svaha posted:

Happy Blue Cow, can you tell us about some of the general improvements that have been made to the game since the leak? No need to get too specific, I'm just wondering how much further down the road the final build is from the preview one.
I'm pretty sure there were little tweaks here and there. Wasn't the Augmented Reality Orange-Border option, and the Objective Locator option becoming a toggleable, a result of feedback from the leak?

Xaander posted:

I'm curious (And, my apologies if it's been asked and answered already); what are your views on transhumanism and human augmentation in The Real World? Has working on DE:HR changed or swayed those views, and what has it lead you to learn that you wouldn't have looked into normally?
I'm definitely for it, I love technology and it's evolution and what-not. The only thing DX:HR showed me was that there can be some seriously dirty people who will be abusing the power of it on the way to the top. Conspiracies all around...

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I really appreciate you stepping in Happy Blue Cow. The level design is something I really enjoyed from Deus Ex 3's leak/demo so far. You need to give a pat on the back to whoever did the level design on the police station and tell them a random person on the internet gave them an A+.

Get someone high up to send a memo to all the developers to stop apologizing for good gameplay decisions like regenerating health and third person cover. Especially since these features are so well-implemented in the game itself.
I can definitely relay these messages!

Vince Videogames posted:

1. What were your thoughts on Mega64's Deus Ex video? I am a huge fan of them and their video honestly kick started me into spending July playing and falling in love with the original Deus Ex. This of course caused me to become curious about HR and got me to try out the leaked beta which promptly made me preorder the game that day. So basically, what did you guys think of the video and do you think this got anyone else interested in the game and gave you more interest?

2. What are the chances of adding a exclusive TF2 item for buying the game? Just saying but I'd love to have a pair of augmented JC Denton sunglasses in that game!

3. Since you guys are so open to interviews and discussing the game on forums, do you think there's any chance you'd be appearing in places like Giant Bomb and discuss the game with them or maybe even doing a panel for the game at say PAX where you'd discuss the creation of the game?
1. It was actually one of their videos I liked. The highlight of it for me was when Rocco starts mashing all the laptops in order to hack, and then freezes in place to say "You're gonna burn alright" , I got a good laugh out of it. Now that you mention it... I honestly didn't think realize that it would attract players who are new to the franchise. Free Advertising, I'll take it!

2. Probably next to none? Don't they only do this for Valve games lol.

3. Probably not unfortunately, the game is only a week away!

Speedball posted:

Here's a level design question: Graffiti! Was it do-it-yourself, or ask-the-art-guys-to-do-it, or did you just work with what you already had?
You can thank our Concept Artists and Texturers for that! I definitly didn't touch the graffiti much, I wouldn't know where to start, or how to make something look authentic. Although in one of my levels, there is a really crude graffiti of a black cat, tucked away, that I had drawn in photoshop on the computer of my texturer while he was away. He then took it and snuck it in the level without me knowing lol. Although it may have been cut down the line for memory issues... lol

emoticon posted:

What? Why not? Human Revolution sounds like a one in a lifetime project.
Because to some people, at the end of the day, it's just a job. You do your hours, you get your pay, and you go home. I tend to take it a lot more to heart.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Longbaugh01 posted:

I think the first level of DX put a LOT of people off. I'm a massive fan now, but when I played the demo I pretty much just went "gently caress this" after twenty minutes of wobbly aiming, poor voice acting, etc. It took half a dozen people repeatedly telling me that no, it IS as much fun as system shock 2, just get a little further with it to see.

DX:HR's opening is a ton better in my opinion, as it doesn't overwhelm you with all the game mechanics straight away and present you with a million options while you're still getting your head wrapped around the controls and world.

oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

Tecman's quoted article posted:

short article about how this could change FPS games forever
While I think the writer is a tad on the naïve side, something's been bugging me a bit about a lot of previews: Everyone's talking this game up as a bonafide first-person shooter. I realize that that's technically what this is, but I distinctly remember when Deus Ex came out, every gaming site I visited and every magazine I read distinctly labeled it as an RPG. Not even some weird hybrid "FPS/RPG" label or "action RPG," just straight-up RPG. This blew my 12-year-old mind wide open, because I hadn't played an RPG that looked and played like a FPS.

Perhaps it's just me being pedantic, or maybe this game is a little bit more of an FPS than an RPG (I haven't played the leak), but I sort of worry that just tossing it under the FPS tag would deter a lot of folks from buying it. I know several folks who are sick of FPS games and even hate Metroid Prime 3, so when I show them trailers from this game, especially Gameplay Trailer 6 with the big summary of all the game's mechanics, I always emphasize that it's an RPG that "plays" like an FPS. It genuinely makes them more interested in seeing the game when I buy it.

I dunno, like I said, maybe it's just me being a sperglord.

But one thing about that article that made me poo poo a brick:

quote:

and Edge (10/10)
Edge gave this bad boy a 10?! gently caress yes.

Rocketeer Korolev
Dec 22, 2008

Jealous? No? Go frak yourself, Smoothskin...

Happy Blue Cow posted:

2. Probably next to none? Don't they only do this for Valve games lol.

Non-Valve games like Red Orchestra 2 and Skyrim got hats. Still, it would be awesome if we got Adam Jensen's visors/sunglasses/whatever-they're-called as a "hat" for TF2!

Question: Is this game likely to see any sizable DLC, like missions that last several hours?

Also, did Human Revolution change in gameplay terms to something more action-oriented or RPG-oriented during it's development?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Happy Blue Cow posted:

I'm pretty sure there were little tweaks here and there. Wasn't the Augmented Reality Orange-Border option, and the Objective Locator option becoming a toggleable, a result of feedback from the leak?

No, that was before that. Those options are in the leak.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Jarate posted:

Edge gave this bad boy a 10?! gently caress yes.

Edit: Mistake squashed

To put this in perspective, Edge have been running monthly since 1993. In that time, they've given that score to a total of 13 games. So, just a bit rare, then. DX:HR would make it the 14th in 18 years.

A 10 for Deus Ex: HR is about the hugest praise they could possibly give it.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 16, 2011

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dominic White posted:

To put this in perspective, Edge have been running monthly since 1996. In that time, they've given that score to a total of 13 games, so not even at a rate of one-a-year.

A 10 for Deus Ex: HR is about the hugest praise they could possibly give it.

I make it a policy to ignore early and day 1 reviews, but that's a convincing argument to take notice. Not that there is much if any doubt at this point about DX:HR, game is going to be great.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
What background did you guys have prior to getting the Deus Ex: HR gig? Not that I am gunning for your jobs, but I'd love to hear what it takes.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
I'm actually confused about the EDGE comment in that article. The August and September issues don't have the game listed under reviews, so where did that person get that info?

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What are some other games that EDGE gave a 10 to, for reference?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Dead Man Posting posted:

What are some other games that EDGE gave a 10 to, for reference?

The magazine has awarded a 10/10 score to thirteen games:
Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64) - E35 (1996)
Gran Turismo (Sony PlayStation) - E55 (1997)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64) - E66 (1998)
Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox) - E105 (2001)
Half-Life 2 (Windows PC) - E143 (2004)
Halo 3 (Xbox 360) - E181 (2007)
The Orange Box (Windows PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) - E182 (2007)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) - E183 (2007)
Grand Theft Auto IV (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) - E189 (2008)
LittleBigPlanet (PlayStation 3) - E195 (2008)
Bayonetta (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) - E209 (2009)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) - E215 (2010)
Rock Band 3 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) - E222 (2010)

Some of these I would definitely not agree with.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
e:f;b

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Well all those games are high quality, good games; whether or not you agree with a 10/10 or not.
(I'm going to stop this argument before it starts)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

The magazine has awarded a 10/10 score to thirteen games:
Super Mario 64 (Nintendo 64) - E35 (1996)
Gran Turismo (Sony PlayStation) - E55 (1997)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64) - E66 (1998)
Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox) - E105 (2001)
Half-Life 2 (Windows PC) - E143 (2004)
Halo 3 (Xbox 360) - E181 (2007)
The Orange Box (Windows PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) - E182 (2007)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) - E183 (2007)
Grand Theft Auto IV (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) - E189 (2008)
LittleBigPlanet (PlayStation 3) - E195 (2008)
Bayonetta (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) - E209 (2009)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) - E215 (2010)
Rock Band 3 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360) - E222 (2010)

Some of these I would definitely not agree with.

So they don't give 10s out easily, but they don't exactly give them out to games that truly justify it either. This is why I was mentioning earlier that I don't pay attention to day 1 reviews. The writer can't possibly have played the game enough to give a game an honest review. Plus they have advertisers that they have to please and they get all of their games for free, and both of those things definitely cloud your judgment.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
Is it too late to ask the two developers questions?

If not, I just have a few:

1. Do you ever step back and just go "wow, I am making a new Deus Ex title and there is not a single person who is not excited for it"? I find it amazing that you guys just managed to do this complete 180 in terms of public image. I mean, I remember crusading and saying that HR will be a joke (sorry!) and now I'm counting down the days to release.

2. Would it ever be possible to have mods for HR?

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

So after trying the first 10 hours out I've gone from "meh" to day 1 purchase opinion on the game. Just one thing though, does anyone know how to activate the burst fire on the shotgun?

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Happy Blue Cow posted:

Nope. Those happened before the leak, so the leak has those toggles.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
In my experience, EDGE is less about good journalism and reviews than just using more of the review scale instead of the usual 7-8-9 reviews. They want to be elitist and all, but I don't know how many - outside GAF - buy that.

Still, you could probably do a lot worse; that companies haven't managed to buy a 10 review from them still does them credit in a business like this.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Jarate posted:

I realize that that's technically what this is, but I distinctly remember when Deus Ex came out, every gaming site I visited and every magazine I read distinctly labeled it as an RPG. Not even some weird hybrid "FPS/RPG" label or "action RPG," just straight-up RPG.

I distinctly remember it being touted as a hybrid FPS/RPG back then, but I guess I could be wrong.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

I said come in! posted:

So they don't give 10s out easily, but they don't exactly give them out to games that truly justify it either. This is why I was mentioning earlier that I don't pay attention to day 1 reviews. The writer can't possibly have played the game enough to give a game an honest review. Plus they have advertisers that they have to please and they get all of their games for free, and both of those things definitely cloud your judgment.

The game went gold some weeks ago. The game can probably be beaten in a good few days.

Also, Edge are fairly notable that most of their adverts are recruitment posters for developers around the world, not traditional marketing. They're the 'industry insiders' magazine.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I'm really glad I decided to play the leak before getting this game next week.

I don't know when the content of the leak ends, but I went on an almost totally non-lethal route, even through the FEMA facility, and it came back to bite me in the rear end when I faced off against the gatling-gun arm guy and the only formidable weapon I had in my arsenal was the silenced sniper rifle with 17 rounds for it, and a few EMP grenades. I'll definitely do that differently next go around, along with putting a few points into increasing the size of the inventory since that was the main reason my arsenal was so tiny when I got to that point.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I'm really glad I decided to play the leak before getting this game next week.

I don't know when the content of the leak ends, but I went on an almost totally non-lethal route, even through the FEMA facility, and it came back to bite me in the rear end when I faced off against the gatling-gun arm guy and the only formidable weapon I had in my arsenal was the silenced sniper rifle with 17 rounds for it, and a few EMP grenades. I'll definitely do that differently next go around, along with putting a few points into increasing the size of the inventory since that was the main reason my arsenal was so tiny when I got to that point.
Can you give us some kind of clue as to what your spoiler is about?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ufarn posted:

He talking about his playstyle and how it caused him difficulties with a certain fight in a certain level and what he'll do differently in the future.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

ufarn posted:

Probably the leak.

I was bummed, I had monday off and thought that was the release day for some reason, so I just loaded up the first one and tried playing that with all the mods and stuff, pretty good game still, if you can excuse the voice acting (or rather because of it at some points). I'm pretty amped, going to think about getting the 3 monitor system and playing it that way, it was really drat impressive.

Neosuki
Jul 14, 2004

Luminaflare posted:

So after trying the first 10 hours out I've gone from "meh" to day 1 purchase opinion on the game. Just one thing though, does anyone know how to activate the burst fire on the shotgun?

I think it's sold by one of the weapon vendors.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

Hakkesshu posted:

Oh my God, is the Tong mission not available on Steam? It's not listed on the page. That's the only reason I even want the stinking Augmented edition.

I really want that and the double barrel shotgun :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Zoolooman posted:

We've allowed people to talk about the leak here as well. It is probably the only allowed exception to the piracy rules, because the community assumption is that if you enjoyed the leak, you will buy the full game.

Just to back this up, I went from "definitely preordering at some point" to "preordering the special edition this very second." I also only play the leak for about 2 hours before doing so; I've somehow managed not to play through the rest of it so I can go into the full game knowing relatively little about it other than it is going to be worthy successor.

My only worry at this point is the one-shot kills, but then again I was a cover system naysayer and that was implemented very nicely.

• Locked thread