Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Strange Matter posted:

and because Mitsuru wouldn't stop using useless ailment attacks.

Ugh Mitsuru was the worst, I mean her ice attacks are really awesome but for the longest time she kept trying that stupid "charm 1 foe" move and even once she lost it she'd still use Tentarafoo when I JUST WANT YOU TO HIT SOMETHING GOD drat IT. Even at the end of the came she'll use Mind Charge but then instead of Bufudyne she'll use loving Spirit Drain or something.

She'll act a bit better if you set her to Full Attack and I love when she just fuckin' tears into poo poo with her rapier but so many wasted turns. Shoulda brought Koro or Aigis instead.

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Nate RFB posted:

I got the Neutral ending because the three alignments were monumentally retarded (or at least the humans supporting them were).

This is almost always the case, though. Very rarely, there is a character who says something about their particular alignment that sounds like a good idea, but inevitably they all spiral into their own extremist brand of crazy. I think if these characters had better arguments for their respective alignments beyond "ALL EVIL AND MISCREANTS AND DISSIDENTS MUST BE PURGED" and "AHAHAHAH CHAOS EVERYWHERE AHAHAHAHAHAH" then something other than the neutral alignment might be worth checking out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

I got the Neutral ending because the three alignments were monumentally retarded (or at least the humans supporting them were). Felt it was a pretty solid ending, all things being equal. If I play through it again I'll probably go for the TDE I guess.

TDE is the only other worthwhile ending and it's mainly because out of that, you get an extra boss, Dante from Devil May Cry and the ending is kind of awesome if completely loving loopy.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Spiffo posted:

Ugh Mitsuru was the worst, I mean her ice attacks are really awesome but for the longest time she kept trying that stupid "charm 1 foe" move and even once she lost it she'd still use Tentarafoo when I JUST WANT YOU TO HIT SOMETHING GOD drat IT. Even at the end of the came she'll use Mind Charge but then instead of Bufudyne she'll use loving Spirit Drain or something.

She'll act a bit better if you set her to Full Attack and I love when she just fuckin' tears into poo poo with her rapier but so many wasted turns. Shoulda brought Koro or Aigis instead.

Even more frustrating is when the MC gets charmed or something and no one will help him out even when they are set to healing. They'd rather get 50hp back on almost full people with useless items than recover the most important person in the party. Party AI was a cute idea in context of the P3 design mindset (you are your own character and all interactions with the party is through conversations or requests) but I'm glad it didn't become a series staple.

Junpei did get better after Chidori but he was such a whiny rear end in a top hat that was constantly lashing out because of his own (deserved) inferiority complex that it soured me on him.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 12, 2011

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Radish posted:

Junpei did get better after Chidori but he was such a whiny rear end in a top hat that was constantly lashing out because of his own (deserved) inferiority complex that it soured me on him.

Yeah he was an rear end in a top hat but unlike Yosuke in P4, one morning Junpei stops me and was like "Hey bro, I realize I've been acting like a dick lately. I've been going through some stuff and I'm sorry about that. We cool?" Apology accepted.

Yosuke was an unapologetic rear end in a top hat and homophobe. When he asked Kanji, "Are we going to be safe with you?" I wanted to slap his stupid mouth. Junpei gets some credit considering what he could have been.

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 13, 2011

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Spiffo posted:

Yeah he was an rear end in a top hat but unlike Yosuke in P4, one morning Junpei stops me and was like "Hey bro, I realize I've been acting like a dick lately. I've been going through some stuff and I'm sorry about that. We cool?" Apology accepted.

Yosuke was an unapologetic rear end in a top hat and homophobe. When he asked Kanji, "Are we going to be safe with you?" I wanted to slap his stupid mouth. Junpei gets some credit considering what he could have been.

Well, Yosuke does have a similar scene. Problem is, it's his final S-Link scene, so someone who doesn't like his initial outlook won't be seeing it. On the whole, I found Yosuke to be a bit more likable, despite his obvious flaws, because, at the difference of Junpei, he doesn't treat the plot as an occasion to be a hero, but as something much more important.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Iceclaw posted:

Well, Yosuke does have a similar scene. Problem is, it's his final S-Link scene, so someone who doesn't like his initial outlook won't be seeing it. On the whole, I found Yosuke to be a bit more likable, despite his obvious flaws, because, at the difference of Junpei, he doesn't treat the plot as an occasion to be a hero, but as something much more important.

But Yosuke spends the entire game whining about Saki. A girl who didn't even like him, and at worst, outright hated him. And in the cross-dressing contest, he can't even just have some fun with it like Kanji. He's just a whiny baby for the entire time who can't take some of his own medicine.

Junpei at least had something of a relationship with Chidori and had every right to be depressed for a while.

Playing as a girl, I really felt like Junpei had my back. And he's able to admit his flaws and try his best to change for the better. I also just like his generally excitable and energetic disposition. Heck, me and Junpei were the only ones in the group excited to go the the beach! YA-KU-SHI-MA! YEAH! I love beach scenes!

Nessa fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 12, 2011

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Nessa posted:

But Yosuke spends the entire game whining about Saki. A girl who didn't even like him, and at worst, outright hated him.

But that's what makes Yosuke's story tragic. You never really know how Saki felt about him. The TV World Saki obviously detested him, but it's later shown that those are only the deepest darkest feelings of a person. It's entirely possible the attraction was mutual. But of course now and forever Yosuke will never truly know. It's like the worst "one that got away" scenario. In a game with a theme of "finding a truth," the fact that this truth is lost forever does make me sympathetic to Yosuke, although he eventually moves on.

But really, Chie is obviously the MC's bro in 4. :colbert:

I'm dumb. Added tags.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 13, 2011

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

PunkBoy posted:

But that's what makes Yosuke's story tragic. You never really know how Saki felt about him. The TV World Saki obviously detested him, but it's later shown that those are only the deepest darkest feelings of a person. It's entirely possible the attraction was mutual. But of course now and forever Yosuke will never truly know. It's like the worst "one that got away" scenario. In a game with a theme of "finding a truth," the fact that this truth is lost forever does make me sympathetic to Yosuke, although he eventually moves on.

But really, Chie is obviously the MC's bro in 4. :colbert:

But that's the thing, Yosuke didn't care about her either, he was just excited about going into the TV world. Even if their shadow forms are exaggerated, they don't outright lie about these things.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that hated Yosuke. Kanji was so insecure about being gay that he almost literally killed himself, and yet Yosuke makes fun of him on more than one occasion. Two girls that couldn't cook ended up having to only because he was lazy, and he still bitches about it being bad over and over. Yosuke's an rear end.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Nessa posted:

But Yosuke spends the entire game whining about Saki. A girl who didn't even like him, and at worst, outright hated him. And in the cross-dressing contest, he can't even just have some fun with it like Kanji. He's just a whiny baby for the entire time who can't take some of his own medicine.

Junpei at least had something of a relationship with Chidori and had every right to be depressed for a while.

How was he whining about here? I mean, yeah, he did, at the beginning of the game, up to the point he confront his shadow, but afterward, I don't recall him commenting on the fact she hated him. If anything, Yosuke's motivation to catch her killer instead of just ditching it because she "hated" him, because that's the right thing to do is one of his more admirable characteristics.

The relationship between Chidori in Junpei, in my opinion was pretty badly written: Chidori's death was pretty melodramatic, and on the whole, I could not get past the fact Junpei kept on coming to see Chidori at the Hospital. It gave some slightly stalkerish vibes to their relationship.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Iceclaw posted:

How was he whining about here? I mean, yeah, he did, at the beginning of the game, up to the point he confront his shadow, but afterward, I don't recall him commenting on the fact she hated him. If anything, Yosuke's motivation to catch her killer instead of just ditching it because she "hated" him, because that's the right thing to do is one of his more admirable characteristics.

The relationship between Chidori in Junpei, in my opinion was pretty badly written: Chidori's death was pretty melodramatic, and on the whole, I could not get past the fact Junpei kept on coming to see Chidori at the Hospital. It gave some slightly stalkerish vibes to their relationship.

So essentially what you're saying is that even though Yosuke used his classmate's death (One he knew personally) as an excuse to play hero and then said "Okay, I'm going to be a decent person for a minute" then he's completely redeemable and admirable? But Junpei going to take care of a girl he trusted and had strong emotions for despite what she had done to him to previously is somehow creepy? That doesn't seem really fair.

I hate Yosuke, I've hated him since I first played the game. He spends a good part of the game whining and bitching about every little situation that he is either directly responsible for or isn't even related to. He's a jackass to Kanji about his problems, he's poked fun at Naoto for her problems too, he's not thoughtful of the girls wishes at all and his entire S. Link can be summarized in "This place bores the hell out of me but I guess I'll stay." He even goes on to whine about Chie spending his money when he did not at all think for even a second that sending a newly human Teddie to Junes may have been a bad idea.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 13, 2011

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.
Ugh..I'm level 35..is it possible at all to get a sun arcana person this early? I saw the level 30 crow on SMT wiki listed in the sun arcana but I googled recipes and they all require level 50 persona...wtf.

Talking about P3:FES here.

Funny there's so much Junpei hate on this forum, he's my favorite character (well one of them). :(

Dolphin Fetus fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 12, 2011

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think some of you are overstating just how much the shadow selves represent a person. They are part of the person but it's a negative side with none of the positives that someone is trying to suppress (which is why they are bitter and want to be the real person). Part of Yosuke wanted to play hero and go into the TV world but to say that was his entire (or even main but that's unsure) motivation isn't true. It's like with Chie; a part of her saw Yukiko as a way to have someone need her (and conversely Yukiko wanted someone to lead her) but they were still friends.

The Shadow selves in Persona 2 are a lot more brutal than they are in 4 in terms of telling everyone just how much of a dick your "bad" side can make you look.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Iceclaw posted:

The relationship between Chidori in Junpei, in my opinion was pretty badly written: Chidori's death was pretty melodramatic, and on the whole, I could not get past the fact Junpei kept on coming to see Chidori at the Hospital.

I agree it was badly written but for the opposite reason. She's in for like a week and then I'm left wondering "Uhh, what happened to Chidori? You stopped making scenes about her". Practically a whole month goes by (possibly more than a month) until the game remembers she exists. They pretty much forgot about her and left her in the closet until the plot needed her again.

Also I'm left wondering why the hell Strega never busted her like a day after she was captured. I mean, only a few people can operate during the dark hour - why not just walk into the hospital one night while we're in Tarturus, or fighting a giant shadow, and just take her?

Baalster posted:

He even goes on to whine about Chie spending his money when he did not at all think for even a second that sending a newly human Teddie to Junes may have been a bad idea.

Not to mention that he offers to treat you to steak and when Chie goes "Uh, you still owe me for that DVD so take me too" he goes "Uhhh did you hear steak, actually I said Junes!" Like if someone busted your copy of Persona 4 and instead of replacing it they brought you some mcnuggets and called it even

Spiffo fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 13, 2011

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I love how even the game knows how much of an rear end in a top hat Yosuke is, given how many times the MC is a dick to him on his own free will. "You see a student, he seems to be in pain... you decide to leave him be."

Anyway, I finally bought DDS2 so I'm replaying DDS1 since it's been two years. It's pretty nice going through it again since it was my first non-Persona game, and third SMT game in general. Though I have no idea what I was thinking with some of the mantras I bought. I also forgot how much of a creepy rapist Heat was. "There's food all around us." :catstare:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Baalster posted:

He even goes on to whine about Chie spending his money when he did not at all think for even a second that sending a newly human Teddie to Junes may have been a bad idea.

I can't really blame him for this one. It's a mall, I think there'd be at least one store with reasonably priced clothing.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah Yosuke is a jerk, but I think there's enough examples of him getting what's coming to him (the main character is often collateral damage in this) or people being jerks to him that it kinda evens out. His description in the fashion show makes it clear his jerkiness is intentional but I think it's his awkward way of showing affection.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 12, 2011

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Iceclaw posted:

Shortly after the scene where Chidori gets all freaked out about Junpei and asks him not to come anymore, Junpei will tell you that he's not going to visit her anymore because it seems to upset her. He seems really down about it too but thinks it's probably for the best.:smith:

Momomo posted:

I can't really blame him for this one. It's a mall, I think there'd be at least one store with reasonably priced clothing.

I got the vibe that Junes was more like a Walmart with a courtyard in the center. Junes was the cheap mega store that was driving the smaller stores out of business.

Nessa fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Sep 12, 2011

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Nessa posted:

I got the vibe that Junes was more like a Walmart with a courtyard in the center. Junes was the cheap mega store that was driving the smaller stores out of business.

Yeah except Chie always complains about how Junes overcharges for everything :smug:

Yosuke you can't do anything right

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Morpheus posted:

This is almost always the case, though. Very rarely, there is a character who says something about their particular alignment that sounds like a good idea, but inevitably they all spiral into their own extremist brand of crazy. I think if these characters had better arguments for their respective alignments beyond "ALL EVIL AND MISCREANTS AND DISSIDENTS MUST BE PURGED" and "AHAHAHAH CHAOS EVERYWHERE AHAHAHAHAHAH" then something other than the neutral alignment might be worth checking out.

Though practically nobody has played it, Majin Tensei 2 actually does that. While its plot is convoluted as hell, and you're still better off picking Neutral in the long run, it splits into four other alignments, and you can go not only Law or Chaos but also Light and Dark, and have to defeat the remaining three alignments. (As usual, Neutral has to fight everyone) Each alignment has its own leader and goal--Michael for Law-Light-maintenance, Lucifer for Chaos-Light-coexistence, Satan for Law-Dark-purging, and Beelzebub for Chaos-Dark-integration/conquest. The "Dark" alignments are basically evil crazy alignments. (especially funny is Law-Dark where your party persuades Satan to not nuke the world from orbit in exchange for killing the other alignment leaders--but he nukes the world anyway in the ending while your party screams "What the gently caress, Satan?!") On the flip side, the Light reps are both basically good guys who just have differences of opinion. They even say "OK, well I don't really agree with you, but you made a decent choice regardless" after you kill them when siding with an opposing Light alignment.

It also let you explore both the Law and Chaos worlds of Amnesia and Paranoia, which was cool. (Both suck though--Amnesia is sterile and insanity-inducing in its boredom, while Paranoia is downright terrifying)

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Baalster posted:

So essentially what you're saying is that even though Yosuke used his classmate's death (One he knew personally) as an excuse to play hero and then said "Okay, I'm going to be a decent person for a minute" then he's completely redeemable and admirable? But Junpei going to take care of a girl he trusted and had strong emotions for despite what she had done to him to previously is somehow creepy? That doesn't seem really fair.

I hate Yosuke, I've hated him since I first played the game. He spends a good part of the game whining and bitching about every little situation that he is either directly responsible for or isn't even related to. He's a jackass to Kanji about his problems, he's poked fun at Naoto for her problems too, he's not thoughtful of the girls wishes at all and his entire S. Link can be summarized in "This place bores the hell out of me but I guess I'll stay." He even goes on to whine about Chie spending his money when he did not at all think for even a second that sending a newly human Teddie to Junes may have been a bad idea.

No, I mentionned he was slightly more sympathetic than Junpei. Not that he is completely redeemable and can do no wrong. He is a pretty flawed individual, and a pretty accurate depiction of a teen. I would also like to point that the "playing hero" part is quite shortlived: once the main plot kicks off, he is portrayed as diligently working toward catching the killer, not trying to imply he is better than the other members of the team or trying to usurp the leadership from the MC. Contrast with Junpei, who is innaccessible a couple of nights because he is pouting and bitching that he was not made leader of the team.
About the teasing, well, yes, that's one of the flaws I refered to. One for which he suffers throughout the game, with no other responsible than him. On the other hand, he is also shown to be prone to moments of kindness, such as helping Kanji walk home, or letting Teddy live at his place and giving him a job.

Nessa posted:

Shortly after the scene where Chidori gets all freaked out about Junpei and asks him not to come anymore, Junpei will tell you that he's not going to visit her anymore because it seems to upset her. He seems really down about it too but thinks it's probably for the best.:smith:

Really? I had forgotten that part. Consider I said nothing, then.

Iceclaw fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Sep 13, 2011

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
There are an awful lot of spoilers on this page, but almost no spoiler tags. If you posted something that you think may shock or surprise someone the first time they hear it (death, character development), it might be a good idea to go back and edit your post and any post you quoted.

People are still posting about how they want to get into the series, or just started playing one of the Persona games. :) Let's make this thread a place they WANT to go to for questions, not one they're afraid to read because they might have something ruined for them.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Dolphin Fetus posted:

Ugh..I'm level 35..is it possible at all to get a sun arcana person this early? I saw the level 30 crow on SMT wiki listed in the sun arcana but I googled recipes and they all require level 50 persona...wtf.

It's been a long time since I played it, but if this is for advancing the sun link, I believe it levels up every time you visit him regardless, so you shouldn't actually need it.

Other than that, they require three-card fusions to make, but otherwise you should be able to create them just like any other persona.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Justice posted:

There are an awful lot of spoilers on this page, but almost no spoiler tags. If you posted something that you think may shock or surprise someone the first time they hear it (death, character development), it might be a good idea to go back and edit your post and any post you quoted.

People are still posting about how they want to get into the series, or just started playing one of the Persona games. :) Let's make this thread a place they WANT to go to for questions, not one they're afraid to read because they might have something ruined for them.

I agree. I was pretty impressed with the Persona 4 talk after The Golden was announced since everyone was actually spoilering their spoilers. A rare treat! Let's keep that up, because I still want to play that game!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah I'd appreciate that too as I've never played Persona 4 and am actually excited to play The Golden.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Well, since it wasn't spoiler tagged, can people tell me that Chidori's death isn't a huge, huge spoiler? Just to put my fears to rest.
:smith:
A copy of Persona 3 Portable just got shipped out to me today, and I've never played the series so I was going to go in fresh, and now I feel like something insanely huge just got revealed, that will cause so much of the game to feel less special due to knowing it in advance.

I've recently (well, when Devil Survivor originally came out on DS) become a fan of the SMT series, and been trying to get into it. Other than P4, DS, and Strange Journey, I know next to nothing about the other games, so I'm really wary about stumbling across huge spoilers for games I plan on playing.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

SereneCrimson posted:

Well, since it wasn't spoiler tagged, can people tell me that Chidori's death isn't a huge, huge spoiler? Just to put my fears to rest.
A copy of Persona 3 Portable just got shipped out to me today, and I've never played the series so I was going to go in fresh, and now I feel like something insanely huge just got revealed, that will cause so much of the game to feel less special due to knowing it in advance.

I've recently (well, when Devil Survivor originally came out on DS) become a fan of the SMT series, and been trying to get into it. Other than P4, DS, and Strange Journey, I know next to nothing about the other games, so I'm really wary about stumbling across huge spoilers for games I plan on playing.

It's not huge, really. It's a sad moment but far from having the ending spoiled for you or something.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh well poo poo, my bad. Let me go back and spoiler half of that crap.

Does Saki's death count? Because that happens like 2 hours into the game.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

SereneCrimson posted:

It's not a game-breaking spoiler in my perspective. There's so much in the games that it won't even matter in the end. I actually had a major end-game plot point spoiled for me on a website when I just wanted to find out which days Yukari was available.

Are you going to play through P3P as a boy or a girl? The girl route is really fun.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I noticed people were talking about the FeMC route earlier and how sad it is and all, but is it that different from the MC route in terms of plot? I didn't read the spoilers because I haven't played P3P yet.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Armor-Piercing posted:

I noticed people were talking about the FeMC route earlier and how sad it is and all, but is it that different from the MC route in terms of plot? I didn't read the spoilers because I haven't played P3P yet.

Theres some differences but they're pretty minor and none of them really effect the plot as a whole.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Armor-Piercing posted:

The main difference between the male and female routes are the female route gets all of the team as S. Links while the male gets only the girls as S. Links. The female MC's route will overall probably a better feel of unification with the team than the male one's will especially since the female route expands on Shinjiro's character more.

But otherwise, no, nothing really major in terms of plot.

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

:patriot: woof :patriot:

Baalster posted:

Oh well poo poo, my bad. Let me go back and spoiler half of that crap.

Does Saki's death count? Because that happens like 2 hours into the game.

My policy is that if you have to ask "Is this a spoiler?", it's best to just be safe and spoiler tag it. I'm usually okay with things that happen at the very beginning of the game though.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

Nessa posted:

Are you going to play through P3P as a boy or a girl? The girl route is really fun.

I haven't quite decided yet.
I kind of want to play as a boy just to experience some of the events how anyone that played P3/P3F did. So if I was to talk to anyone who hadn't played P3P, I'd know what moments they were talking about.

If the girl route isn't too different, however, I'll definitely pick that. I do like it when games give the option to be female.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
Since there are things that can only be experienced in NewGame+, playing the game at least twice is necessary. Three times, if you want to really see what both genders have in NewGame+.

I've played Persona 3 a total of 15 times now (in both languages, though). And then the other day I still forgot Fuuka's last name :negative:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

SereneCrimson posted:

I kind of want to play as a boy just to experience some of the events how anyone that played P3/P3F did. So if I was to talk to anyone who hadn't played P3P, I'd know what moments they were talking about.

If the girl route isn't too different, however, I'll definitely pick that. I do like it when games give the option to be female.

People might disagree but if this is your first time playing Persona 3 I would play as the male for pretty much the reasons you stated, and save the FeMC route for a second eventual run, sicne I felt it game me some insight into some characters that I wouldn't have appreciated as much the first time through.

Of course if you plan on flipping the game after you beat it, the point is moot and you should just play whoever.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

SereneCrimson posted:

I watched my boyfriend go through FES before I started P3P and I much prefer the girl route. The social links are much better and actually let you become friends with all of your team mates.

I maxed out everyone except Mitsuru, Yukari, Ken and Hidetoshi (cause screw that guy).

Characters will talk to you a bit differently because you're a girl, but they don't change any plot points. You just go through the game as a girl and get to use glaives and hockey sticks instead of swords.

At one point in the game, I was totally a maid with a hockey stick.

Also, hang out with Moon and Fortune every day.

Nessa fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Sep 13, 2011

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

From what I've heard, Shero's battle theme is marginally less annoying than Hero's.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

TurnipFritter posted:

From what I've heard, Shero's battle theme is marginally less annoying than Hero's.

Wait... There are people who don't like the music?

I like all the music, but I do particularly like the girl's town and school music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heartcatcher
Oct 6, 2007

:patriot: woof :patriot:

TurnipFritter posted:

I thought they were both great. I am a really big fan of Persona 3 and 4's soundtracks even though I admit they are weird as hell.