Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

SneakySneaks posted:

Talking with Amazon the operator thought it was an error and thought changing the shipping might help. I should now get the game on the 5th or 6th if this works. Kinda pissed since I'm a prime member, I'll give em hell if it doesn't ship by Thursday. Oh well this gives me time to play Rage (and beat Demon's Souls again).

I may end up doing this and trying to redbox the game until my copy gets here in that case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'm gonna leave everything the same, as if this is Amazon's gently caress up they tend to give discounts for their mistakes. Oh well!

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Apparently Newegg is still holding pre-orders. I guess that means they'll ship at some point on Tuesday?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

MrSmokes posted:

I preordered this from Amazon as well and I received an email saying that it shipped, but for some reason it doesn't appear on my Amazon page. I can't track it. Hopefully they just messed up or something, and we'll get our game tomorrow.

If you're checking your open orders it won't show up there once it's shipped.

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006

Olibu posted:

I may end up doing this and trying to redbox the game until my copy gets here in that case.

I'd wait until tomorrow. My order is still listing gently caress all so I might have made it worse for myself (pre-ordered in September 15), I'll see if it changes tomorrow. I hate saying it but I should have pre-ordered with the local Gamestop.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Crowbear posted:

If you're checking your open orders it won't show up there once it's shipped.

Ah okay, thanks. The email I got gave me a tracking number, so I thought it was strange that it wasn't actually letting me track it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Still "not yet shipped" in the Miami area. Any news on that South Florida goons???

Shipped for New Orleans. :toot: Amazon must like the swamps here more.

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011

Edge Zero posted:

Well, I know I'm going to be getting some weird recommended videos on my youtube account now.

Seriously. :stare: Don't they give you any warning about what recommendations your video is going to tag? I'm afraid of my recommended videos now.

I haven't had any luck with Amazon either, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it ends up shipping soon. I won't be all that disappointed if it doesn't show up, since I'm not going to have a whole lot of time to play it until Thursday. Have fun, dudes!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Schubalts posted:

Shipped for New Orleans. :toot: Amazon must like the swamps here more.

But we have the gentle seacow! Those bastards!

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
If you selected release-day shipping from Amazon, it'll be there sometime tomorrow barring an act of god. Their order pages aren't always instantaneous. For example, I just got an email informing me a blu-ray I received last Thursday has shipped. You may be 30 hours into the game before they inform you it's on its way.

Electric Crayon
Jul 20, 2004

Oh, it's you!

Still "not yet shipped" in the Miami area. Any news on that South Florida goons???

Reading as not yet shipped for me as well in Miami.

I just want to hide from the sun and play my video games :(

Epée
Jun 17, 2003

The Black Goat

I hate you Americans!

I want TO DIE IN AUSTRALIA RIGHT NOW

2 more days

argh

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Zero000 posted:

Just started up my stream again.

http://www.twitch.tv/zero000

gonna die~

This is some epic Street Fighter, haha.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Meme Emulator posted:

Haha he just shot the cat what a dufus

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

Zero just super'd a Dark Souls NPC right in the face

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Sheep-Goats posted:

And then immediately shut off the PS3 when he realized it was a NPC.

meat on a Friday
Dec 9, 2010

It's probably a long shot now, but is there anyplace that has the collector's edition preorder available right now? Newegg just cancelled my preorder :(.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
it still hasn't shown up as shipped, Vegas here. They have a warehouse here, and I wouldn't be surprised if it ships within the city limits, but I'm still anxious.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I figured out how to jump down the well at the nexus-area, so I tried it. Guess what happened?

I died

Ralconn
Aug 2, 2006

Whoever is going to be bringing this to my house in their lovely Honda civic (I live right by an Amazon distribution center) better hurry the hell up tomorrow, I want this by the time I wake up.

Otherwise I feel sorry for people trying to kill the dragon in Demon Souls on 1-2 because I'm going to invade the poo poo out of you.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Sheep-Goats posted:

Weakness: tail :haw:

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
In NJ, poo poo is still not shipped. If it doesn't say shipped by the time I get to work, I may Best Buoy it. I must play it tomorrow.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Ralconn posted:

Whoever is going to be bringing this to my house in their lovely Honda civic (I live right by an Amazon distribution center) better hurry the hell up tomorrow, I want this by the time I wake up.

Otherwise I feel sorry for people trying to kill the dragon in Demon Souls on 1-2 because I'm going to invade the poo poo out of you.

My UPS guy rules, he always swings by my place by 10am at the latest.

So I'll get to die and die and die for 4-5 hours then go to class where I'll think about dying for a couple of hours the I'll come back home and die some more!

Gonna be a great day.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I preordered in May but I didn't know about release day shipping so I was going to get it in two weeks. Changed shipping to one day and now I get it on the sixth or something. :unsmith:

Also I ordered that Future Press guide. Going to leave it sealed for a week or two.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm a little pissed that I won't be able to get the game until Thursday. But I swear to God, from the second I pick it up until the last possible minute I need to leave to be at work, I will be playing that game nonstop.

I can't wait to break a controller (again).

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

North Florida here and it hasn't shipped yet. Amazon is usually fairly good about that kind of thing, but sometimes the site is a bit slow to update. I've ordered things from them that I've had delivered then got the notice that it was shipping so assuming UPS doesn't send my package to some random address like they seem to enjoy doing, I'm not terribly worried.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Why is that zero guy with the live stream putting most of his stat points into dex?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Risky posted:

So I basically just pre-ordered Dark Souls at gamestop and the chick working there said I can come in at midnight for the release. Does anyone know if that's going to be for the collector's edition? Is it just gamestop that is giving those out for preorders?

It'll depend on stock. I did a walk-in preorder and they were out of CE so only had standard. I'm gonna cancel my Amazon order if it doesn't change from "estimated ship date: 10/7/11" to "shipped" before midnight. If it shows "shipped," I'll just cancel the gamestop preorder. I've gotta be an adult and go to work tomorrow anyway.

Jove
Jun 18, 2004

He doesn't come to us...we go to him...BOW DOWN, SLAVE.

Znorps! posted:

In NJ, poo poo is still not shipped. If it doesn't say shipped by the time I get to work, I may Best Buoy it. I must play it tomorrow.

Well, since there's a shipping center in Lawnisle, yours might going via truck instead of plane?

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

MrSmokes posted:

Ah okay, thanks. The email I got gave me a tracking number, so I thought it was strange that it wasn't actually letting me track it.

Another thing to bear in mind is that once it's gone from your Open Orders page, you'll likely need to change the date range for your My Orders page since it defaults to the last month or something like that. For example, I preordered in April or something, so if I want to track my shipment through Amazon, I have to tell it to display all orders in 2011.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Ornamented Death posted:

Another thing to bear in mind is that once it's gone from your Open Orders page, you'll likely need to change the date range for your My Orders page since it defaults to the last month or something like that. For example, I preordered in April or something, so if I want to track my shipment through Amazon, I have to tell it to display all orders in 2011.

Yeah I have to set it to the last 6 months and scroll go back 5 pages every time I want to track mine. It's kind of a pain.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Nigulus Rex posted:

Why is that zero guy with the live stream putting most of his stat points into dex?

Probably to use dex based weapons?

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Read posted:

Probably to use dex based weapons?

I have no idea. It just seems to me like a heavy armor sword and board warrior would be needing mostly strength, and he has dex.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Nigulus Rex posted:

I have no idea. It just seems to me like a heavy armor sword and board warrior would be needing mostly strength, and he has dex.

Dex upgrades your dodge too. He might want to improve that a bit because heavy armor dodging is kind of painful without it.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
5 months hehe

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Nigulus Rex posted:

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
Mine hasn't shipped but I guess I'm still getting it tomorrow

[e] Maybe beacuse it's the CE

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

Crowbear posted:

Dex upgrades your dodge too. He might want to improve that a bit because heavy armor dodging is kind of painful without it.

Also whatever the equivalent of Quality weapons or any bow gets a good bonus from Dex.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Are you guys always big babies waiting for a release date game to come or is this a special occasion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I guess this is the vogue thing to do now:

Proceed to start freaking out that your orders don't say shipped yet or something.

edit:

Metrohunter posted:

Are you guys always big babies waiting for a release date game to come or is this a special occasion?

A little from column A, a little from column B.

• Locked thread