Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

sighnoceros posted:

Has anyone successfully defeated the red dragon in melee without cheesing or running down the steps as soon as it shows up? Or seen a video of it? I tried it a couple times today and I have a hard time believing it's even possible unless you just Power Within and nuke the fucker as soon as he lands. He just does way too much damage.

Even with Havel's Armor and the fire ring and flash sweat his "fly up in the air and napalm you from directly above" seems to kill me immediately.

I did at level 30. Think I was using a lightning claymore +3. Lure him out to the middle of the bridge, start running around his ankles like a lovely little rat and hacking away. When he lifts off into the air try to stay behind him because the flaming part is in the front. There was probably some luck involved but I got him on my second try without too much fuss. Also keep in mind that heavy armor often isn't that great at resisting damage, it's more to prevent you from staggering, so very large bosses are worth trying in lighter armor too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I beat O&S on NG+, beating Smough first. God drat even at level 260 and with sunbro it was nearly impossible to take down Ornstein.

I was also killed by a level 1 invader who is ranked 10th in the book of trolls or whatever. He messaged me afterwards asking about my +5 Lighting Zweihander cause I about destroyed him with two blows but missed on the second and was then pyro'd to death.

ericthebear
Mar 4, 2011

sighnoceros posted:

Yeah I saw that video, the dragon doesn't really get a chance to do anything before the guy runs off. But if you stay around by it's side or behind it, it generally goes to the other side of the bridge and breathes fire at you. And if you try to approach it and are at just the right distance, he flies up and breathes fire right down on you (it also covers pretty much the whole bridge). I'm not sure dodging is really an option.

Wow, the gold-hemmed black set has AMAZING fire resistance. I may have to give that a shot. Hopefully the increased mobility will help.

Yeah sounds like a hit and run tactics would be in order, there's safe spots on the bridge without going down the stairs. I've tried to straight up fight him later, after I gearing myself with fire resist out the rear end, and still failed horribly so I know your pain.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The swaying, rickety bridges in Blight Town are amazing.

edit: For the bloodflies, wait for them to lunge attack and hit O to dodge backwards, they will wiff and go into a stagger animation and you can light attack follow up for easy kills. Wearing the evil eye ring makes them effectively infinite health regeneration for yourself.

Ratios and Tendency fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 26, 2011

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011
Why am I stuck in Darkroot Forest in the area beyond the crest door? I went in and now I'm being periodically invaded and the fog wall at the door never goes away.

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!
Stupidest question ever. My new character is a cleric but...I cant heal? DO I need a talisman or something?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Stupidest question ever. My new character is a cleric but...I cant heal? DO I need a talisman or something?

Miracles need a talisman to cast, yes.

e: If you're a Cleric you should have picked up a Canvas Talisman in the Asylum.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Elysiume posted:

It's pretty rude that they give you the large divine ember that would require you to teleport out and walk all the way back if you want to use it.

Teleporting doesn't save you to a bonfire so you can warp out, upgrade a weapon, then cast homeward (the best spell) and get right back in.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

sighnoceros posted:

To be fair, making a misstep is what got you cursed. It's perfectly possible to get out without dying, but falling down a pit doesn't help. When you get out the door of Blighttown and back into the depths, go past the door on the left that went to the gaping dragon and look in an alcove over there. It's a shortcut back up towards the top of the depths and you don't have to go near basilisks. I don't think you're hosed, I think you're just frustrated. Cool off for a little bit and come back at it with a clear head.
To be even more clear, it's entirely possible to clear all of the depths, take out the wizard-sniper and then go down to kill the boss, unlock the shortcut to the Depths bonfire, and then progress to Blighttown... All without ever coming anywhere near a hole that you could possibly fall into and get surrounded by Curse Frogs (basilisks) and thus be at a good risk of getting cursed.

Dude done hosed up. I feel his pain but get over it, it's not the end of the world and worth re-rolling his character for.. He can easily beat Gaping Dragon with Curse since you really shouldn't ever get hit by him at all unless you et unlucky one or two times learning his attacks and routines.

Depths is a cakewalk: to start, Go down, kill both butchers, then AVOID the hole near/behind the ember treasure chest and go down into the depths via the stairwell, opening up the bonfire immediately if you've got a master key. Continue forward and clear out every path and then go through the first fog door you see, and if you see a rat flee down a tunnel, Just ignore the rats and their tunnels, and avoid the HUGE rat for now. Then, once you've cleared everything go back up to where the butchers were, jump down the hole behind the first butcher's table, take out the rat with spells or firebombs or arrows, clear the area and slide down the sluice-way, then clear everything down there. Then go through the second (lower) fog gate and kill the boss. Also you will have found the depths key a while earlier, so when you get to the merchant, unlock the shortcut near him that leads back upstairs to the bonfire ASAP.

If you go that route you'll find every item of note if you're thorough, kill every curse frog with little to no risk of ever falling through a pit into a roomfull of them, and easily clear all of the depths by simply being thorough and taking the prudent downward stair first rather than jumping into the hole and falling for a trap while chasing some weaksauce enemy.

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!

Crowbear posted:

Miracles need a talisman to cast, yes.

e: If you're a Cleric you should have picked up a Canvas Talisman in the Asylum.

Hmm, interesting. Didn't see that in the asylum. I'll explore again. I finished the game as uber melee guy. I don't even know how to cast! What button do you press to use the spell in the inventory slot up top?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

You put a caster weapon into a weapon slot and 'attack' to cast the chosen spell.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Hmm, interesting. Didn't see that in the asylum. I'll explore again. I finished the game as uber melee guy. I don't even know how to cast! What button do you press to use the spell in the inventory slot up top?

When I started my Pyromancer I found the Pyromancy Flame in the top area right before the door that lets you drop down on the Asylum Demon. I'd imagine the talisman would be in the same spot.

To cast a miracle need to equip the talisman as a weapon and have it out. Then cast the spell you have selected with R1/L1 depending on which hand you have the talisman in.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

sighnoceros posted:

Yeah I'm aware of enchanted weapons and stuff but I also know I need a magic +5 before I can even get something to enchanted. But getting the magic ember requires beating Seath, which is a little later in the game than I was hoping to be able to make a magic weapon considering how early you meet the blacksmith and everything.

I guess lightning spear will be fine until then, I just wanted a good weapon as a melee backup for my spells.

Edit: Or apparently even after then. Looking at the guide again even magic/enchanted weapons that add an additional category of damage and still keep their stat scaling look like they probably aren't as good as elemental unless you're really stacked with int. What were they thinking?

I think the idea was in Demon Soul's non-scaling weapons were largely a dead-end like raw or say the way drake-sword is and the pendulum just swung too far the other way with elemental stuff this time.

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
:qq: GOONS ARE MEAN :qq:
Also if you don't have a Talisman doesn't Petrus give you one? Or he sells one for pretty cheap I think.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
The thief's starting hood plus the firekeepers singed chestpiece looks awesome.

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!

Crowbear posted:

When I started my Pyromancer I found the Pyromancy Flame in the top area right before the door that lets you drop down on the Asylum Demon. I'd imagine the talisman would be in the same spot.

To cast a miracle need to equip the talisman as a weapon and have it out. Then cast the spell you have selected with R1/L1 depending on which hand you have the talisman in.

Hah, thanks. Just goes to show how often I play magic classes. Anyway, the talisman was at the top. Thanks guys!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Ovaltine Jenkins posted:

Teleporting doesn't save you to a bonfire so you can warp out, upgrade a weapon, then cast homeward (the best spell) and get right back in.
Why didn't I realize that?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

The item was probably in the room where you fight two guys anda n archer, on the right side. I know it was there for the sorcerer and pyro but have never done a cleric myself so I may be mistaken.

There's another totem in firelink shrine so you don't even need to restart if you missed the first one, just climb the stairs by the fatty knight, and then jump into that elevator shaft and loot all the chests. At worst you'll die from the skeletons and gain a bunch of useful items..

Equip the item into a weapon slot, left or right hand doesn't particularly matter, you've just got to tap left/right on the dpad to swap weaponry to the correct item, the use the shoulder button (or weak attack equivalent on a PS3 controller) to cast the currently equipped spell. The left and right hand slots both can hold two different items, most people use a weapon in right and a shield in left, and after that you could potentially use a bow adn a spell, or two spell totems/catalysts.

I prefer to keep my spells in my right hand so I can keep out my shield if possible, also because keeping your bow in the left hand slot makes it about 3 times easier to swap in and out of equipping it and going into and out of FPS aiming, quickly..!

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
If you make it to the swamp and just want to get to a bonfire, don't do what I did and try to avoid the swamp by running through the bits of land like a "smart" person. That swamp inflicts poison on you, not toxin, and poison is really not that bad of a status effect when you're about to hit a bonfire anyway.

When you hit the swamp from the rickety platforms just head right towards the water wheel immediately, staying in the swamp and sprinting. You fight like two enemies this way.

invalid
Aug 1, 2005

by I Ozma Myself

Megasabin posted:

The complaints about Lost Izalith are valid and the developers definitely phoned that one in.

I'm in here now. I had to put it off because of that terrible 80's quality video game sound of you running through lava with that ring on.

CrunchCrunchCrunchCrunchCrunchCrunchCrunchCrunchCrunch

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
So I just talked to the Daughter of Chaos with the Old Witch's Ring on.

That...that was weapons grade depressing. Jesus Christ.

Whoever voiced her needs more money than what they got. That was, no joke, some of the best voice acting I've ever heard. You could hear the masked agony in every word she said, desperately trying to put on a good face for her dear sister even though she's dying in horrible pain. Her sister's happiness is more important than her own life.

I'm just to drop the Old Witch's Ring next to Eiyingi and pretend he takes it so he finally speak with his Fair Lady and can make the rest of the Daughter's life as comfortable as he can.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Daeren posted:

So I just talked to the Daughter of Chaos with the Old Witch's Ring on.

That...that was weapons grade depressing. Jesus Christ.

Whoever voiced her needs more money than what they got. That was, no joke, some of the best voice acting I've ever heard. You could hear the masked agony in every word she said, desperately trying to put on a good face for her dear sister even though she's dying in horrible pain. Her sister's happiness is more important than her own life.

I'm just to drop the Old Witch's Ring next to Eiyingi and pretend he takes it so he finally speak with his Fair Lady and can make the rest of the Daughter's life as comfortable as he can.
I remembered that I had that on my last character, and I completely agree with you. She makes me so sad.

On a more cheerful note, Quelaag's Furysword is amazing for farming babies. Fast and with a good AoE, it makes it crazy easy to farm these little ankle-biters.

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe
drat so I beat sen's fortress with a summon, Golem was a joke, made it to Anor Londo, got to the bonfire, found my way to the bridge, summoned two dudes who thought we were gonna breeze straight through the boss. So they do the whole level with me, stopping to make sure I get the treasure, not leaving a room if I missed a chest, showed me where havel's armor and also where the smith were. We had been invaded at one point but the guy did a taunt and I threw a greater fireball at his face and one shotted him.

Helped the onion head guy, made it to the great chamber, killed the knights and were walkign up the stairs to the boss. We get invaded, we turn around to wait for this guy and he one shots one of my guys with a backstab from behind (I didn't see him either) and then comes after me while my other dude gandalf is shooting lasers at him or something. I get a greater combustion on him and he is at less than half and I'm winding up for another and he manages to get behind me and one shot me with a backstab. In front of the loving fog door, after doing Anor londo for my first time.

I really hope you cant go through fog doors while an invader is alive, if I could have just walked through the fog door Im gonna be pissed.

VVV Whoops sorry fellas.

Cosmik Debris fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 26, 2011

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

Cosmik Debris posted:

I really hope you cant go through fog doors while an invader is alive, if I could have just walked through the fog door Im gonna be pissed.

Hahaha on the contrary, if you do walk through the boss door the invader "fails" and is kicked back to his world.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

I think the idea was in Demon Soul's non-scaling weapons were largely a dead-end like raw or say the way drake-sword is and the pendulum just swung too far the other way with elemental stuff this time.

One thing that I really do enjoy about the current elemental superiority is that you can use pretty much any weapon that you want, aside from completely lovely ones like whips and fist weapons. If you really like a certain weapon, there's no need to miss out because that thing scales with a different stat than what you're primarily putting points into. Love rapiers but are playing a strength character? Doesn't matter, just lightning that poo poo up.

So anyways, I have over 50 liquid humanity on this character from pvp. Time to turn it all in to the darkwraiths and chaos covenant, one at a time. :suicide:

Vargs fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 26, 2011

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

ericthebear posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ymysN3qQ8

Speed run where the guy chops his tail off in two hits (with a hand axe!). A full kill would require a lightning weapon/Flash Sweat/Black Knight Shield/Flameplate ring/Gold Hemmed. Certainly possible.

Edit: I'm guessing you have to dodge a lot too. Since Napalm is killing you.

I don't think you're really meant to fight the dragon head-on, specially with the giant gently caress-off fire deathray that can chain stagger you. The tail thing works since that actually stuns him, just long enough to run to the sunlight altar.

What I did was shoot an arrow from the stairs in the middle of the bridge, immediately run to where the dragon lands and whack him in the face, run back to the stairs to take cover, rinse and repeat. It's actually pretty easy once you get the timing down, since the dragon doesn't have time to retaliate once you get the timing down. The only thing you need to do is switch from aiming with a bow to a hard-hitting two hand weapon, and make sure you can at least survive a hit in case you don't make it in time to the stairs.

Of course there's always buying hundreds of wooden arrows and poking the dragon from a safe distance, but finding a way to melee the dragon is much faster and more interesting.

Cosmik Debris posted:

Think of it this way: the "mission" for an invader is to keep the victim from escaping, and you typically spawn close to the exit. Most people just engage since they want to pvp or want the souls/humanity for defeating an invader.

apple fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 26, 2011

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I just got 50 humanity and 165,000 souls from killing babies. Dark Souls :swoon:

Auracounts
Sep 21, 2006
So I've tried killing the four kings about a dozen times now to no avail. I tried it once solo using a lightning spear +4, and several times with phantom(s). I'm wearing most of Havel's armor, I don't have that iron armor spell or whatever it is, and I am pretty reliant on shield blocking. I've easily lost 100K souls trying to beat these fuckers and I'm entirely frustrated at this point.

I just upgraded Quelaag's to +4 after reading a bunch of posts about how amazing it is, but quite frankly, it does less damage than my spear, and I can't block for poo poo while using it (though it is fast and slashing, so that's nice). When trying it out, I was getting my rear end kicked by darkwraiths, whereas I normally take virtually no damage fighting them.

I'm sort of at the end of my rope here - how the hell do I kill these kings quickly so as to not get overwhelmed? According to these posts I have great weapons, so what gives?

Another question - I had a similar Anor Lando experience as Cosmik, where two phantoms basically ruled the zone for me. Both of them did sick damage, but neither, iirc, was using any sort of greatsword or other large, slow weapon. So why is it that my numbers don't seem to match up to what I'm seeing from others? I hear people talk about Zweihander, but it's so unwieldy, I honestly don't know how that's a viable weapon option (yes, I have the stats to wield it).

ericthebear
Mar 4, 2011

Auracounts posted:

So I've tried killing the four kings about a dozen times now to no avail. I tried it once solo using a lightning spear +4, and several times with phantom(s). I'm wearing most of Havel's armor, I don't have that iron armor spell or whatever it is, and I am pretty reliant on shield blocking. I've easily lost 100K souls trying to beat these fuckers and I'm entirely frustrated at this point.

I just upgraded Quelaag's to +4 after reading a bunch of posts about how amazing it is, but quite frankly, it does less damage than my spear, and I can't block for poo poo while using it (though it is fast and slashing, so that's nice). When trying it out, I was getting my rear end kicked by darkwraiths, whereas I normally take virtually no damage fighting them.

I'm sort of at the end of my rope here - how the hell do I kill these kings quickly so as to not get overwhelmed? According to these posts I have great weapons, so what gives?

Another question - I had a similar Anor Lando experience as Cosmik, where two phantoms basically ruled the zone for me. Both of them did sick damage, but neither, iirc, was using any sort of greatsword or other large, slow weapon. So why is it that my numbers don't seem to match up to what I'm seeing from others? I hear people talk about Zweihander, but it's so unwieldy, I honestly don't know how that's a viable weapon option (yes, I have the stats to wield it).

Four Kings is a straight dps race. Lightning weapon +5 preferably two handed. I put the grass crest shield on my back for stam regen. If you have an extra ring slot put on ring of steel protection (+25% physical resist). Havel's armor is good. Just get in their face asap and spam the attack button quickly. Estus when applicable. If you are running out of Estus you probably aren't hitting the attack button fast enough. Another option is to kill Pinwheel and bring 20 Estus. Iron flesh helps, as does extra vitality and endurance. It's a very straight forward fight. Try leveling up vit/end or getting a summon if you are doing all that and still having problems.

Edit: Beatrice (the whore) bugged out and didn't even come inside with me. But I hear she can be helpful too.

Oh and upgrade your Estus to +3.

ericthebear fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 26, 2011

Adrian Owlsley
Aug 6, 2010

This galaxy only has room for one karaoke champ.

Auracounts posted:

Heavy armor can be counterproductive since it drains your stamina which you need for attacking. Besides that just attack more relentlessly. If your character isn't built well you'll run into trouble, this boss fight is really a test of your character more than your skill. If you're not using iron flesh already it can help a lot.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

ericthebear posted:

Four Kings is a straight dps race. Lightning weapon +5 preferably two handed. I put the grass crest shield on my back for stam regen. If you have an extra ring slot put on ring of steel protection (+25% physical resist). Havel's is good. Just get in their face asap and spam the attack button. Estus when applicable. Iron flesh helps, as does extra vitality and endurance. It's a very straight forward fight.
I had terrible stamina (I'm level 26), so Crystal Ring Shield is what set up my DPS for me. Beatrice dealt a bit, but it was mostly Havel's + Crystal Ring Shield + Lightning Zweihander +4 + Iron Flesh that did it.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Auracounts posted:

Pretty much any highly upgraded elemental weapon will do a lot of damage, but larger weapons still deal more per hit. The Zweihander is popular because of its power, but also its broad horizontal swings that are very useful in hitting people with Fog Rings that you can't lock on to.

ericthebear
Mar 4, 2011

Elysiume posted:

I had terrible stamina (I'm level 26), so Crystal Ring Shield is what set up my DPS for me. Beatrice dealt a bit, but it was mostly Havel's + Crystal Ring Shield + Lightning Zweihander +4 + Iron Flesh that did it.

Why are you staying 26 specifically, PvP?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

ericthebear posted:

Why are you staying 26 specifically, PvP?
Getting summoned, actually. All of the PvP I've done so far is Forest Covenant, which ignores level.

With my 165k souls I warped down to Blighttown and bought a lot of stuff from Shiva, just in case something happened to him. 1-2 of every weapon I didn't have, to be precise. I then killed his bodyguard, grabbed the ring, and homeward boned back to the Tomb. I then ported over to Firelink, went to the Parish, got my sins absolved, brought my claymore to +9 divine, and rejoined Forest Hunters. Finally, I warped back to the Tomb again. Homeward bone trickery is the best thing.

Why are claws so godawful? They have absolute poo poo damage, short range, and they're slow as poo poo.

Jetpack Postman
Jun 30, 2011
Just to let you guys know, I've added AttackBacon's Lost Izalith guide to the OP. If any of you dudes want to make guides for specific trouble areas (Tomb of Giants, Blighttown, The Great Hollow and the like) I'll post a link to them in the OP.

Thanks a ton to AttackBacon and anyone else who may end up contributing!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I feel compelled to tell you all that I have made a Zorro character.

Chose a thief, as soon as I got to Firelink I dashed to New Londo and got the parrying dagger and the firekeeper's soul. Then I used to masterkey to take the back path into Blighttown and make it to the swamp bonfire. I managed to snag the second firekeeper's soul there, as well as the whip after some careful trial and error.

So far I'm rolling with the parry dagger in the offhand (tryin' for a no shields run. Yeah.) and the Estoc and whip in the main hand. If I really, really need to block I double hand the Estoc.

I need some suggestions on what other weapons/items would be Zorro appropriate, and more importantly, what to wear?

I am probably also gonna use some support spells, just haven't decided what school yet.

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"
I beat the game! Awwww yeah! :c00lbert:
Turns out the final boss is pretty easy when you've got a couple phantoms distracting him while you bash his head in with a Zweihander. A somewhat minimalist ending, but it suits the game just fine, I think.

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!
Hmm, I'm human form and solaire's soul sign isn't appearing at the fog before the Gargoyles. What's up??

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

I feel compelled to tell you all that I have made a Zorro character.

Chose a thief, as soon as I got to Firelink I dashed to New Londo and got the parrying dagger and the firekeeper's soul. Then I used to masterkey to take the back path into Blighttown and make it to the swamp bonfire. I managed to snag the second firekeeper's soul there, as well as the whip after some careful trial and error.

So far I'm rolling with the parry dagger in the offhand (tryin' for a no shields run. Yeah.) and the Estoc and whip in the main hand. If I really, really need to block I double hand the Estoc.

I need some suggestions on what other weapons/items would be Zorro appropriate, and more importantly, what to wear?

I am probably also gonna use some support spells, just haven't decided what school yet.

Well, if you get sorcery and raise your int, you can eventually get Logan's big hat, which is probably as close as you're going to get for a Zorro hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neetz
Mar 28, 2010
What's the armour that looks like a long, black coat with a sort of integrated chest piece? Anything interesting stats wise? I've played this game for so long but tonight was the first time seeing it. So many little things to discover.

Also managed to get a silly amount of Darkmoon invasions at 50 in Sen's Fortress of all places. Anor Londo was empty but here.....no idea why. Finally got a fresh Darkmoon Talisman, it's like casting miracles with a little neat handkerchief. I'm yet to even try Darkmoon Blade but I imagine (even if I had the Faith on this character) it'd be hugely impractical.

• Locked thread