Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
1. Edwin is terribly overrated.

:siren:Update near bottom of previous page.:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Kill Dyanheir, turn Edwin into a girl, Minsc has a new witch to protect. Everybody wins!

Seriously, though... 4. I never played the first Baldur's Gate, but I'm willing to bet that the bickering will be glorious.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
3, PIT FIGHT!
Seriously, it is a bad decision, and that is why you must do it.

Rhythmancer
Jun 5, 2004
Mr. Saturn

How can you go wrong with a three mage party? Plus, more options for later yadda yadda.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
I never liked Edwin anyway. Wait, choice 1 lets us say precisely those words to Edwin's face?

Yeah: get rid of the stuck-up prig, and keep the awesome ranger. Did you see how many things Minsc was gibbing? It's like having Shar-Teel back in the party, only with "Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!" replacing "... all strength and grace, if little of pleasantness." Win-win.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I don't like Edwin that much anyways, 1.

Meh, 4.

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Nov 9, 2011

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

If we leave them to fight it out and Edwin wins, can we then get Minsc back in the group?

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.
As an Edwin-liker I should really throw in a vote in his favour, but...

3 - PIT FIGHT Syvishtar listens to the magic. Here are two mages with a disagreement. Let the magic decide.

RelentlessImp
Mar 15, 2011
They changed Dynaheir to a Sorcerer? Okay, now that's a change I dig. My install didn't do that, though... maybe I should go do that.

Anyways, PIT FIGHT! The glories of spontaneous spellcasting will win out over book-learnin' mages!

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

PIT FIGHT

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

3 - pit fight

We don't strictly need either of them, much less both, and it could be fun, so.

Flinds are apparently slightly smarter and stronger cousins of the gnolls. In BG2 stats (which I guess this mod uses as well) a gnoll has 15 HP, AC 5, 1 ApR and 19 THAC0, while a flind has 19 HP, AC 4, 2 ApR and 15 THAC0. (I'm trying to figure out if I should put :eng101: or :goonsay: here.)

Oh, and you seem to have a broken image under this line:

quote:

Minsc survives without me, but takes quite a beating. I think it's getting to be time for a rest.

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
There's a reason why people like Minsc, and it's not only because he's funny (that's just a part of it). It's also because he's a walking murder machine, and we already have a magic murder machine, so the choice is clear...

...4 because I never did it and I want to see how it turns out. I doubt they actually go for each others' throats so it should be fun just to see the bickering.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

In my current playthrough, inspired by this thread of course, I ended up going with 4, and to be fair, it has been quite amusing.

Still, I always was curious who'd win the duel, so....3. PIT FIGHT!

But, if you haven't seen it already, I'd totally recommend 4.

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011
I think the bickering would be far more amusing from a story standpoint then any of the other options. That and you just payed 400 gold for Edwin, it would be a sunt invest to potentialy lose him here. 4

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
4. This is Syvishtar's show: Both of you stop moaning and get in line.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

4, I would say 1 because I despise Edwin, but I feel that a future event equates to just rewards for him better.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Anything that pisses off Edwin is automatically funny, and I want to see what modded Dynaheir can do.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
4. I want to see if the modders added any more bickering with the extra inter-party banter stuff.

Question: I don't really know how BGT works, so would Edwin still be around in BG2 if you killed him/he left the party here?

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

4. Inter-party bickering and strife? That hasn't been working against us at all, no sir! And this certainly won't cause issues now!

(Besides this delays the inevitable battle the three will have, and why not make a movie of it when one of them finally snaps on, say, the Cloakwood Forest?)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Mr_Ham97 posted:

Question: I don't really know how BGT works, so would Edwin still be around in BG2 if you killed him/he left the party here?

I guess so, seeing as one of the responses to meeting him in Athkatla is "Weren't you dead?"

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Fighting Trousers posted:

Anything that pisses off Edwin is automatically funny, and I want to see what modded Dynaheir can do.

Aye, I never took Dynaheir over Edwin. I always killed off Dynaheir so that I could get Minsc AND Edwin in the same party. I didn't even know you could have all 3, unless that was added in a mod?

Option 4

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

3. Duh.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Pit. Fight.

DanielSeyar
Jul 1, 2009
It will be interesting to see the sparks fly between Dynaheir and Edwin. With Boo and his faithful sidekick to arbitrate of course.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
4. Why pay this subplot off now when you can let it fester

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
:angel: Syvishtar, you must allow both to live. (4) You have a great destiny ahead of you, but first you must learn how to lead your allies. Having 2 people with disparate goals and keeping them in line will be a good experience for you.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

:devil: Unleeessss; have you ever watched two people duel to the death? Any idea how cool that is? They're fighting for the right to be your servants. Don't you want to see that? That experience will make you, and them, stronger.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

:engleft: Well, ONE of them stronger, and the other one dead.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
3, voting for the pit fight. Let the RNG sort this one out.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

sebzilla posted:

I guess so, seeing as one of the responses to meeting him in Athkatla is "Weren't you dead?"

I know that, I just don't know if BG Trilogy (BGT) does anything to change that or not. It links both games together into one and can therefore probably recall some data from BG1. Just depends on whether the modders thought about it or not.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

jng2058 posted:

:engleft: Well, ONE of them stronger, and the other one dead.

Wait, does that mean if we pick 3, then Dynaheir automatically wins the fight?

EDIT: VVV drat. VVV

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 9, 2011

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

JGBeagle posted:

Wait, does that mean if we pick 3, then Dynaheir automatically wins the fight?

No.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
4. No point in killing anyone yet.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

3. Let the weave decide!

Edit: It's what Rhialto would have wanted.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
4 because I really want to see them bitch at each other.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Cythereal posted:

1. Edwin is terribly overrated.
He's the best mage in the game and better than the protagonist could possibly be without mods :geno:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Xander77 posted:

He's the best mage in the game and better than the protagonist could possibly be without mods :geno:

But not that much better, and not worth putting up with him. If Dynaheir is a sorceress in this mod, I'd definitely take her over Edwin.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

4. We need to fill the Jovial Juggler, after all.

However, we should have Dynaheir and Edwin mind-duel (save before the choice and show the pit fight, too) to get it out of their systems.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Jazerus posted:

4. We need to fill the Jovial Juggler, after all.

However, we should have Dynaheir and Edwin mind-duel (save before the choice and show the pit fight, too) to get it out of their systems.

I could totally do this. Ok, I will. If you do not choose for them to duel to the death, I will give an alternate-reality vision update and show their fight anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

I'd vote for option 2, but I think Minsc alone would obliterate our whole party, so I'm going with option 4.

Edwin is just too sarcastic for us to let go. He's a goldmine of spiteful remarks!

• Locked thread