Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
I support the endeavor to resurrect this thread.

Oldschool Robert McCall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Toast
Nov 4, 2005

Sunday Punch posted:

Hear, hear.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

God Mode posted:

Whenever there's a post apocalyptic setting in a videogame or movie or whatever it ends up being a boring brown/gray wasteland. I'd love for it to be more like this. I guess the 'overgrown' look is something that would gradually emerge after humans have been gone for a more extended period of time, maybe a few hundred years.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Sunday Punch posted:

Whenever there's a post apocalyptic setting in a videogame or movie or whatever it ends up being a boring brown/gray wasteland. I'd love for it to be more like this. I guess the 'overgrown' look is something that would gradually emerge after humans have been gone for a more extended period of time, maybe a few hundred years.
It'd only take a couple of decades, most likely, unless the apocalypse really hosed up the entire ecosphere - look up photosets of Pripyat or the other abandoned places round Chernobyl to see how fast the wilderness comes back.

Sunday Punch posted:

I... is that the Natural History Museum? :3:

Ed: Why yes it is! (Original; huge.)

Runcible Cat has a new favorite as of 12:32 on Nov 15, 2011

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Runcible Cat posted:

It'd only take a couple of decades, most likely, unless the apocalypse really hosed up the entire ecosphere - look up photosets of Pripyat or the other abandoned places round Chernobyl to see how fast the wilderness comes back.

I... is that the Natural History Museum? :3:

Ed: Why yes it is! (Original; huge.)

When you look at Pripyat the vegetation has encroached into a lot of areas, but there aren't forests growing on top of buildings and stuff. The structure of the buildings is pretty much intact. I think this level of overgrowth is a much longer-term sort of affair.

Here's a cool progression:

e: Here is a gif

Sunday Punch has a new favorite as of 13:16 on Nov 15, 2011

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Sunday Punch posted:

Enslaved was like that:

Shame the game itself was a snoozer.

Hugs Boson
Feb 3, 2011

Elementary.

Sunday Punch posted:

God Mode posted:

Whenever I see a waterfall coming out of a plane's engine or from a building's roof I can't help but wonder... where the heck is that water coming from?

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Hugs Boson posted:

Whenever I see a waterfall coming out of a plane's engine or from a building's roof I can't help but wonder... where the heck is that water coming from?

This exact thought occurred to me when I saw that airliner picture. Maybe the terminal is flooded and the water is coming in through the jetway? As for the Tokyo Big Sight, I've got nothing.

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Sunday Punch posted:

Thanks for the support :3:

This one's actually made of bronze

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Fanart

Not fanart

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Sunday Punch posted:

I hate Phantom Space Man! :mad:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Who turned out the light?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hugs Boson posted:

Maybe it rained recently and it takes a while for the full plane to drain out?

You know, the game that reminds me most of those pictures is probably the early stages of Portal 2. And yeah, that kind of overgrowth over a whole landscape'd be a much more interesting post-apocalyptia.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Sweet-rear end battletech art

Spot the odd one out :v:

A_Bluenoser
Jan 13, 2008
...oh where could that fish be?...
Nap Ghost

Sunday Punch posted:

There is something about these classical style of Sci-Fi images that I find particularly awe-inspiring. They seem to have a sense of vastness and strangeness that I don't get so much from the more modern pieces (although I like many of them as well).

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

A_Bluenoser posted:

There is something about these classical style of Sci-Fi images that I find particularly awe-inspiring. They seem to have a sense of vastness and strangeness that I don't get so much from the more modern pieces (although I like many of them as well).

Look at the dates on those images :ssh:. You're right though, that's the exact reason I love Manchu's illustrations.

Here's his blog if you want to see more.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

more

cool

fan

art

RebelWorm
Mar 23, 2011

I'm a tough guy
INTERGALACTIC

PLANETARY PLANETARY

INTERGALACTIC

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Zombiebeard
Jun 29, 2011

by astral
I'm a little late to the party, but here's a few I have:

Saint's Row:TT

Lost Skeleton Returns Again

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Zombiebeard posted:

I'm a little late to the party, but here's a few I have:

I seem to remember there being a bunch of pokemon done in this style, anyone have more?

Altered Carbon art :aaa:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Zombiebeard posted:

This reminds me of one of the greatest moments in Weapon Brown:

For best results, read the machine gun fire to the tune of his theme music.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Source : http://dnz85.deviantart.com/

Knackered
Jul 29, 2006

Farecoal posted:

Thanks for that, I plan to buy myself a print of this!

For anyone else that's interested, there's a store with his prints here.
http://society6.com/JohnAslarona

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

Sunday Punch posted:

This has managed to appeal to my love of both BSG and Homeworld.

RebelWorm
Mar 23, 2011

I'm a tough guy
Don't know if this counts, but someone made an action figure of Chuck D. Head from DecapAttack

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Brynn Metheney

Sara Richard

Niroot

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
Neverending Story

Source

Source

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Source

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Mario propaganda posters!

Source

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

kirby

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!
Did anyone ever find a way to purchase prints from Manchu's (aka Philippe Bouchet) art? He seems to be a difficult person to Google; all I can find is that he has a book called "Manchu Starships". But I would love to hang some of this stuff on my wall...

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sunday Punch posted:

Oldschool Robert McCall

Man. How is it possible to have heartwrenching nostalgia for a future that never happened?

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Phy posted:

Man. How is it possible to have heartwrenching nostalgia for a future that never happened?

Isn't that the lament of every Star Trek fan?

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

It's the future of a more optimistic and intrepid past.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

WARNING: INCOMING POKEMON ART

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Continuing with the "Pokemon" for a bit...

And Disney stuff!

(Pity about the watermark on this last one, as I agree with the artist wholeheartedly.)

Rahonavis has a new favorite as of 02:07 on Apr 1, 2012

Triangle
Jul 30, 2011

Heh. If I was actually unchill, I would be using all caps and/or exclamation marks in my posts, but I am chill. Clowns like you make me laugh, that's what clowns do. Added to my ignore list.
Some stuff from my inspiration folder

oddspelling
May 31, 2009

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment
Thanks to all the goons who have kept this thread on life support with cool arts. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I'm also another one who loves art depicting the encroachment of nature on a once-thriving civilization.

Sometimes I just love fantasy landscapes and lose myself in imagining myself actually there. :blush:

And some miscellaneous others.

fake edit: is this considered too much of a picdump? If it is, I can break it up into smaller posts. :ohdear:

• Locked thread