Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Nice Afro, Susano-o.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Policenaut posted:

So here's some expanded stuff:
  • The Ski Lodge event takes place in January, during that December to April time skip I've been told about?
:colbert: If this is the case, they better work a Valentine's Day even in somewhere, because seeing the MC get chocolate from every woman you have an S-Link with or something would be glorious

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I hope the simultaneous attack thing has been significantly reworked for this game. In P3P it was just like the followup attacks that P4 already has, but boring as poo poo because it was exactly the same for every character.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Strange Matter posted:

I finally started Persona 4, and maaaaaan I am not prepared for the Contrarian King at all. Am I supposed to come back to that way later, or just figure out a better strategy to beat it?

He only uses physicals, so a tough Persona with Resist Phys (you can get it by levelling up Slime) is your best option. Innate resistance and the Resist skills do stack with each other, so if you put it on a Persona that already resists physical attacks it'll work even better. Probably easiest to wait a few levels, though.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thuryl posted:

He only uses physicals, so a tough Persona with Resist Phys (you can get it by levelling up Slime) is your best option. Innate resistance and the Resist skills do stack with each other, so if you put it on a Persona that already resists physical attacks it'll work even better. Probably easiest to wait a few levels, though.

That won't help his party members though, and even a solo MC with stacked phys can't stand up to a lot of rampages.

The contrarian king is a weird one but because he's so hard and can just OHKO your entire party in one attack when he pops up, then the extra boss in the next dungeon is super easy to beat.

Dr. Notadoctor
Aug 26, 2008
Just got Nocturne last night and it really is a beautiful game. I was slightly drunk so I named my demi-fiend Nicholas Cage so now I read every question he answers in his voice. :whatup:
(the other characters are chris walken, sandra bullock, and the teacher is audrey hepburn)

Also I was absolutely stunned at how much the soundtrack ROCKS!

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I'm finally getting around to beating Devil Survivor Overclocked despite having it since it released and the original game, and I reached the 7th day. My route choices were Naoya's, Yuzu's, and Amane's, and I picked Naoya. Did I just totally gently caress myself, or is this going to be a fun ending?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm not sure if I interpreted your post correctly (I'm assuming that you never beat the original?), but I picked Naoya's the first time through the original version of DS and I got through it fine. I would say that the only endings that have a different difficulty are Yuzu's (the easiest) and Gin's (marginally the hardest). The rest are about the same. Not sure how much this has changed in Overclocked.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Nah, I was just basically asking if any of them were significantly harder than the others (like how the Chaos ending of Strange Journey is much easier than Law/Neutral).

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Naoya's seventh day is the hardest and the most bullshit, but I wouldn't say it's significantly harder than Amane's.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

e: whoops :downs:

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 28, 2011

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Schlegel Mach posted:

Naoya's seventh day is the hardest and the most bullshit, but I wouldn't say it's significantly harder than Amane's.

Pretty sure Gin's last day hits the meter in terms of 'bullshit'.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Pureauthor posted:

Pretty sure Gin's last day hits the meter in terms of 'bullshit'.

Gin's final battle does have a lower-levelled version of the final boss to compensate for the bullshit it hits you with. I'd say overall it's not any harder than the other endings, but it depends on your strategy.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Naoya's is rough but I didn't find it that hard, the brokeness of a magic based MC+Holy Dance/Drain made the game pretty trivial.

Plus deathbound and pierce on Atsuro, I had some pretty strong demons at that point to with similar movesets.

Why is gin's bullshit? What does it toss at you?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Alteisen posted:

Naoya's is rough but I didn't find it that hard, the brokeness of a magic based MC+Holy Dance/Drain made the game pretty trivial.

Plus deathbound and pierce on Atsuro, I had some pretty strong demons at that point to with similar movesets.

Why is gin's bullshit? What does it toss at you?

I guess it would count as a spoiler, so...

You lose your demons before the final battle.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Alteisen posted:

This right here is what ultimately decides a lot of boss difficulties. Especially Gin's last one.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

New screenshots for Persona 4 The Golden feature the Famitsu content.

vividArcanity
Dec 28, 2011

SHSL Manly Tears

Policenaut posted:

That team attack shot is so cute. I love the graphics for this game. Every time something new comes out for P4TG I get closer and closer to just saying gently caress IT SONY I'M BUYING A VITA TAKE MY MONEY!!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Have they revealed what the "most requested feature" they added was yet?

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Radish posted:

Dating Nanako.

A close second: Pigtails on everybody.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Justice posted:

Dating Yosuke.

Fixed based on the Japanese popularity poll.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Radish posted:

Fixed based on the Japanese popularity poll.

If the popularity poll was based on who you wanted to date most, we'd have some Selfcest to look forward too. Yeah, that's a thing now (thanks Japan).

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Pictures of Teddie...so cute...must resist urge...to buy merchandise...

Aw crap.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Good to see the Earthbound/Mother model guy is still getting work.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Radish posted:

Boo. I want an Adachi social link.

And also a social link with Funky Afro Student.

Katsudon
Oct 21, 2010

Shut up Adachi.

MechaX posted:

Boo. I want an Adachi social link.
This is what I want too, even if it is admittedly unlikely. :smith: Then again P3P gave us a Ryoji social link so hmm.

Actually about the ski trip so does that mean we might get to play those timeskipped months to finish social links and do all sorts of other events? Because that has the potential to be both fun and useful, and if an Adachi social link does happen that'd be an interesting time to do it: y'know, the main character trying to figure him out/find out more about what made him the way he is with a bunch of jail visits. Would be pretty cool.

Yosuke's new evolution makes me think of Ronald McDonald with a giant fire afro. Chie's looks like even more of a badass which is perfect.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

Pureauthor posted:

I guess it would count as a spoiler, so...

You lose your demons before the final battle.

It's actually really easy, though it seems bullshit when it first happens.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

vividArcanity posted:

That team attack shot is so cute. I love the graphics for this game. Every time something new comes out for P4TG I get closer and closer to just saying gently caress IT SONY I'M BUYING A VITA TAKE MY MONEY!!

P4G is the only reason I am buying a Vita. I don't know how that makes me feel about myself.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irQfhZvbx3I&hd=1

A bear skis down a mountain in this new but short Persona 4 The Golden commercial.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jan 4, 2012

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

P4G is the only reason I am buying a Vita. I don't know how that makes me feel about myself.

Well, I originally bought a PSP solely for the Persona remakes, so we're in the same boat here :v:

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:
So, I didn't think much about the ability for people to view messages sent from other people about what to do on a certain day in P4G, but looking back I had a question. Are these messages going to be a grouping of pre-generated phrases, or will people be able to type whatever they want (say for instance the name of the killer)?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

kthegreat posted:

So, I didn't think much about the ability for people to view messages sent from other people about what to do on a certain day in P4G, but looking back I had a question. Are these messages going to be a grouping of pre-generated phrases, or will people be able to type whatever they want (say for instance the name of the killer)?

I don't think Atlus has fully announced what the cloud feature entails, but I don't think they're actual user-generated messages. I think it's supposed to be like a little display of things people did on that day, like say on Day <X> a lot of people went to see a new S-Link for <Y> that just became available, there might be a bunch of messages saying "Visited <Y>".

At least that's how I understand it works.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.
Is anyone still playing the MMO these days?

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
Well, these past months have been beary filled with Personas in our household. I purchased P3P somewhere in the beginning of October and PSP has been in use nearly everyday since. I have played it once, but my SO is currently in the middle of her fifth playthrough. I finished P4 before buying P3P and am now playing it the second time (it's the beginning of November in the game). Meanwhile my SO has also played it once and started it again. Her save is at the moment in March 2012.

P4 is a fun game and definitely more my cup of tea than P3, which is a great game too however. Overall I just like P4's lighter mood more. In this second playthrough I've concentrated more on the game-y side by getting personas, since the first time went by following the fascinating plot. I'm thinking about grinding my MC to level 91 in order to fuse Izanagi-no-Okami, but I'm not sure if that's worth it. After beating the game twice there won't be much new to me left in it, so what am I to do with that superpersona? Of course after a few years I'll probably forget most about P4, so I can begin it again and then I-n-O will surely be handy.

By the way, does anyone have complete character portraits of the game or know where to find them? My Google-fu is not good enough to find pictures of Izanami in her cool white robe. That portrait would make a badass avatar somewhere.

Rurik fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 4, 2012

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Zexerous posted:

Is anyone still playing the MMO these days?

I used to, but then the mismanagement went from "comical" to "haha, holy poo poo, these guys have no idea how to patch anything".

It's a really interesting game at its core, but it's pretty much destroyed by CAVE being terrible goddamn developers and Aeria being worthless at localizing things. Seriously, they managed to gently caress up the translation on several pieces of (cash shop) equipment, meaning that there was just a blank field where the stats should be.

Also, levelling up past level 91 is pretty much the most horribly grindy thing ever. Same for raising demons.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Rurik posted:

After beating the game twice there won't be much new to me left in it, so what am I to do with that superpersona? Of course after a few years I'll probably forget most about P4, so I can begin it again and then I-n-O will surely be handy.

Taking on Margaret with it?
You might want to spoiler the name of the image you're looking for, though. It's a bit of a spoiler. If you have archives, there were some pretty sweet fanarts posted in Feine's LP of P4, toward the end.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

Technique posted:

I used to, but then the mismanagement went from "comical" to "haha, holy poo poo, these guys have no idea how to patch anything".

It's a really interesting game at its core, but it's pretty much destroyed by CAVE being terrible goddamn developers and Aeria being worthless at localizing things. Seriously, they managed to gently caress up the translation on several pieces of (cash shop) equipment, meaning that there was just a blank field where the stats should be.

Also, levelling up past level 91 is pretty much the most horribly grindy thing ever. Same for raising demons.

This makes me sad, I really wanted to like that game :( hell I'll still probably play it even if there's people still playing it despite all the crap that's wrong with it.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Schlegel Mach posted:

I picked Naoya's, can anyone tell me what I should stick on my heroes for the last day? It took me forever to finally beat Belial by loading my magic MC with as many ice/ice boosting abilities I could and the ability that give you a chance to repeat actions, chaos wave, and getting one of the weaker mobs between us so Belial couldn't attack. AND I still had to chip him down with physical attacks. As drat satisfying as it felt to have finally gotten a working combo, I'm sort of at the point where I just want to finish.

Also, I saw Devil Survivor 2 in the Gamestop ad. I think someone got it already, how is it?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fooley posted:

I picked Naoya's, can anyone tell me what I should stick on my heroes for the last day? It took me forever to finally beat Belial by loading my magic MC with as many ice/ice boosting abilities I could and the ability that give you a chance to repeat actions, chaos wave, and getting one of the weaker mobs between us so Belial couldn't attack. AND I still had to chip him down with physical attacks. As drat satisfying as it felt to have finally gotten a working combo, I'm sort of at the point where I just want to finish.

Also, I saw Devil Survivor 2 in the Gamestop ad. I think someone got it already, how is it?

Drain+Holy Dance on the MC, Deathbound+Pierce on Atsuro, most powerful magics on Naoya along with their respective boost skills, auto skill I leave your discretion, obviously higher phys for Atsuro though. Who do you have as a 4th member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Alteisen posted:

Drain+Holy Dance on the MC, Deathbound+Pierce on Atsuro, most powerful magics on Naoya along with their respective boost skills, auto skill I leave your discretion, obviously higher phys for Atsuro though. Who do you have as a 4th member.

Kaido right now but I guess there's Mari and Black Frost to choose from too.