Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Lone Rogue posted:

WON HOF actually has standards when it comes to modern wrestlers unlike the WWE HOF. Not everyone gets in. If you're an old-school wrestler, on the other hand? It takes like three people to like you to get in.

So what, they cannot find three people to like Sting? Really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

So what, they cannot find three people to like Sting? Really?

They can't find any good reasons he was a draw (he was a massive flop as champion in the early 90s as WCW lost lots of money and hasn't moved business in TNA) outside of one PPV, he wasn't really that good of a wrestler, and wasn't some innovator who changed the business.

He was a pretty good worker when he cared who was in a lot of main events because WCW had no one else.

You need 60% of the votes in your respective category to get into the WO HOF. Sting has peaked in the 40s, usually in the 20s. As for old school guys, there is a large number of voters in that category as well.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sting was a great performer who suffered from a draw standpoint because of how reliant everything was on Ric Flair.

He's the classic fall guy example. I can understand the arguments against, but it's loving Sting. Plus he was the hottest thing in the business for a year without wrestling a single goddamn match.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Vote in Sting and Vader as a combo solution, because all of Stings best stuff was with Vader really.

Unless Vader is already in of course.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I can understand the arguments against, but it's loving Sting.

Isn't this how the majority of people think? Its loving Sting, of course he should be in the HoF, but I honestly couldn't pinpoint a reason why.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
If Bret Hart is in the HOF then Sting should be too, they're pretty much on a par. Sting had more charisma and Bret had more wrestling skill but in terms of legacy and accomplishments I struggle to separate them in my mind.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Justin Roberts posted:

Ohhhh Yes. A few years ago with Paul Bearer & I still have that shirt-one of my favorites.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Saul Goode posted:

If Bret Hart is in the HOF then Sting should be too, they're pretty much on a par. Sting had more charisma and Bret had more wrestling skill but in terms of legacy and accomplishments I struggle to separate them in my mind.

Yeah, I always joked that if you put Bret and Sting into the teleporter from The Fly they would come out as HBK.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Sting was a great performer who suffered from a draw standpoint because of how reliant everything was on Ric Flair.

He's the classic fall guy example. I can understand the arguments against, but it's loving Sting. Plus he was the hottest thing in the business for a year without wrestling a single goddamn match.

Starrcade 97 ruins everything

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u

@WWERawGM posted:

“@MsTia_TashaMac Raw won't be the same with you are in charge. Someone needs to put you in your place” It's a bit early for the Hall of Fame

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Mystery Opponent posted:

Bless that man.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Mystery Opponent posted:

Oh Ace...

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Steve Martin posted:

Surprising trusting wife with wrestling tickets for Valentine’s Day. Can’t wait to see the look on her face.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Hot off the presses

Kevin Steen posted:

I wonder if Miz and Maryse ever did that trust exercise where your partner catches you as you fall...and if so, how bad was her concussion?

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

Grantonio posted:

Hot off the presses

Damnit, beat me to it.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Mystery Opponent posted:

Johnny Ace: God Tier Wrestling Twit

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

@KILLSTEENKILL posted:

Whoever made the ''Kevin Steen: Zoo Enthusiast'' picture that I have as my profile pic, please e-mail me at steenalizer@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Wasn't it someone from here?

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

apsouthern posted:

Wasn't it someone from here?

Someone here claimed responsibility for it though I forget who. I think it was in the pictures thread.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Kevin Steen own zone:

Kevin Steen posted:

BREAKING NEWS: Girl that fell off the stage during American Idol thought Miz was going to catch her. Bad decision.

Holy poo poo.

Apparently he kinda sorta stole it from some guy named Synergycomic but still, holy poo poo.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Miz inspires so much hate. It amuses me.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Kevin Steen watches American Idol?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
How else does he build up rage and murder people?

Well maybe the Bucks and Generico, but still.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

@CharlieHaas posted:

Just turned on Impact, Just turned off Impact. I want to watch wrestling not Bishoff talking.

Bless you, Charlie :allears:

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Aww, they're pals.

@fergaldevitt posted:

@YoshiTatsuWWE do you have dark side dojo?? Can I join??

@YoshiTatsuWWE posted:

Yeah! Long time no see! Yes,I do and of course you can! Devichan:)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

They are both EVIL

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

CMPunk posted:

"@thatkidpuppy: @CMPunk recommend a tattoo I should get and I'll do it! Anything but a dick."
Two dicks.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Stone Cold Steve Austin posted:

Talked to @JRsBBQ today. We rebooked the WWE Territory. Gonna kick off some fresh angles and let guys cut some ad lib promos... #staytuned

A wrestling promotion ran by Stone Cold and JR would probably be awesome.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lamuella posted:

Hahahahahaha I'm laughing too hard at this

sexy_trash
Jul 4, 2008

WH2K IS JERICHO

@BretHart posted:

I just talked to Dynamite Kid via Skype for half an hour & reminisced from Dirty Dick Murdoch 2 Rollerball Rocco

minutes later...

@CMPunk posted:

@BretHart: I just talked to Dynamite Kid via Skype for half an hour & reminisced from Dirty Dick Murdoch 2 Rollerball Rocco” Best tweet.

It's great to know that Bret is in a great place in his life, and the Best Wrestler(s) in the World all respect him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

sexy_trash posted:

minutes later...

It's great to know that Bret is in a great place in his life, and the Best Wrestler(s) in the World all respect him.

I just hope CM Punk does not take how to be a dick lessons from Dynamite Kid

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

Punk and Bryan should team up to take out Dynamite once and for all-injecting milk is neither straight edge or vegan.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

TL posted:

Punk and Bryan should team up to take out Dynamite once and for all-injecting milk is neither straight edge or vegan.

They could all come to an agreement about injecting soy. It's both vegan and drug free.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dusty may have revealed a Mania match?

@DustyWWE posted:

Hey tweeties don't no about Cody Vs Gold at wm?

He is also hanging out with Seth Rollins or his coincidentally named dog.

@DustyWWE posted:

Hanging with the dogs Gus and Ty Black they be watching me do tweetie stuff

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

bobkatt013 posted:

I don't think Punk needs to take how to be a dick lessons from anybody.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Karmine posted:

I don't think Punk needs to take how to be a dick lessons from anybody.

Did punk ever hold a gun to a persons head and pull the trigger? Dynamite did

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010
Yeah, there is a bit of a difference between being obnoxious (erm, 'a punk') and a full on psycho.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Mickie James posted:

Ummm.... Did my ears just deceive me... Or did the Immortal Hulk Hogan just call Baby Bischoff the future of this business? Wth?! FML!!

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Perigryn posted:

How is it that grown adults don't understand that it's a bad idea to badmouth your colleagues/employers/superiors in public?

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Dusty may have revealed a Mania match?

Pretty sure he's just talking about how people have been asking him for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

How is it that grown adults don't understand that it's a bad idea to badmouth your colleagues/employers/superiors in public?

Hardcore Country gives no fucks. :colbert: