Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

HNasty posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKeC8fMnHUQ&hd=1

made another dumb video, will make more from the footage I got in India.

Is that one of those RD clones at the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

TheFonz posted:

Is that one of those RD clones at the end?

Ya but not a 350, it's a smaller cc bike, they have a ton of RD350s rolling around there though. I'm editing my videos and pics and I'm just gonna make a new thread. I think I have enough content.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

2ndclasscitizen posted:

KTM Moto3. Tasty little bugger.

Look at the cute widdle rotors and calipers. :3:

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Z3n posted:

Look at the cute widdle rotors and calipers. :3:

Actually I think they're just about the right size to stop this bike. Quality and efficiency isn't always about cool looks.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Sir Cornelius posted:

Actually I think they're just about the right size to stop this bike. Quality and efficiency isn't always about cool looks.

What I find interesting is that they used a dual rotor setup rather than a single big rotor like many other 125 class bikes.

The dual pot brembos are great.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Lol

If something doesn't want to go, don't force it. Coming from someone else who learned that lesson the hard way.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 17, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

That last one is totally WHAT THE gently caress.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

He's not actually cornering, thats still a drift from the last curve.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

What is that?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

slidebite posted:

What is that?

A dude riding to the shop

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/289/1965/Motorcycle-Article/Memorable-Motorcycles-Hercules-W2000.aspx

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Whoah, cool! I a huge sucker for Wankel RCEs. One day I will own a rideable Suzuki RE5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RZ3JbJaVdc That sound :allears:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Yay rotary engines!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2010/March/mar2310-new-210bhp-norton-rotary/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WcmOe4oDZk

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
Look at this stupid advertising:

This is what Alliance Powersports, new distributor for SYM after Carter Bros' factory burned down, came up with for the new SYM Wolf Classic, a Honda CB-inspired 150cc motorcycle. Who the gently caress are they targeting? 15 year old boys? They aren't buying these! Hipsters and scooter people are buying these, and they aren't appealed to with lightning.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxuP_hL7Q5Y

Nice video. What kinda GPS is that? Doesn't look to expensive, looks very basic and rugged, throw in your pack type thing.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
I, uh, love Wes Siler.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

That last one is totally WHAT THE gently caress.

gently caress my as yet unbroken legs, man

Vork!Vork!Vork!
Apr 2, 2008

vork!vork!vork!vork!vork!vork!

Ziploc posted:

Nice video. What kinda GPS is that? Doesn't look to expensive, looks very basic and rugged, throw in your pack type thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-GPSMAP-60CSx-Handheld-Navigator/dp/B000CSOXTO/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1329530287&sr=1-3

they are actually kind of pricey, I use the cheaper etrex HCx it is pretty good.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

HNasty posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKeC8fMnHUQ&hd=1

made another dumb video, will make more from the footage I got in India.

Please stop saying "uhm" and "uh".

Thats constructive criticism so don't get all blown out about it.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Ziploc posted:

You can also check out the 76CX and CS, they are pretty nice and they are a good bit cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-GPSMAP-76Cx-Handheld-GPS/dp/B000CSP000/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1329531501&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Handheld-Barometric-Altimeter-Electronic/dp/B000CSQRYS/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_0

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Are these GPS things city friendly? I doubt I'll need that much trail guidance.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Ziploc posted:

Are these GPS things city friendly? I doubt I'll need that much trail guidance.

the 76CX does work with the city maps but doesn't do turn by turn. The 60CX will do turn by turn.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

This is what Alliance Powersports, new distributor for SYM after Carter Bros' factory burned down, came up with for the new SYM Wolf Classic, a Honda CB-inspired 150cc motorcycle. Who the gently caress are they targeting? 15 year old boys? They aren't buying these! Hipsters and scooter people are buying these, and they aren't appealed to with lightning.

Maybe, but everyone loves boobs.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

GanjamonII posted:

Maybe, but everyone loves boobs.

Especially lopsided poorly-Photoshopped boobs

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

opengl128 posted:

Especially lopsided poorly-Photoshopped boobs

Her cup runneth over...

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I love the phrase "heavy industries" as applied to just one company. It sounds so dystopian futuristic.

Kawasaki, builders of mining equipment, plant equipment, trucks, Liquid natural gas cargo ships, oil tankers, cargo ships, construction robots, aircraft, aerospace bits, airport products, hydraulic machinery, personal watercraft, trains, rolling stock, tractors, engines in general, monorails, helicopters, space systems, missiles, simulators (of all kinds), Electronics in general, nuclear power plant equipment, offshore structures, wind turbines, water treatment systems, industrial waste recycling, freeway tunnel borers, bridges, oh... and some motorcycle things.

Heavy industries indeed.

The chemical standards we use at work for calibrating our Gas Chromatograph; Sumimoto.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

invision posted:

Please stop saying "uhm" and "uh".

Thats constructive criticism so don't get all blown out about it.

Die in a fire you son of a bitch!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

the walkin dude posted:

I, uh, love Wes Siler.

Haha the sales rep is trying so hard, SO SO HARD to be young and cool.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Yay rotary engines!

http://thevintagent.blogspot.com/2011/11/short-history-of-wankel-motorcycles.html

I want a Norton F1 so badly that even apex seal failures probably can't stop me.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

I see the moon, but only one Wolf. Get two more bikes in there!

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
So uh, this is something.

Apparently it's an HPN built BMW air cooled twin GS motorcycle, mixed year component build.

And I want it.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

the walkin dude posted:

I, uh, love Wes Siler.

If Wes Siler was worth a sperm as a writer, he'd know that the best stories and biggest epiphanies come from being somewhere you don't belong. This was a missed opportunity and he could have had some fun with it. Leaking this note is a juvenile and boring display of street cred preservation, which is a transitory thing--they all sell out eventually. Look for him to be featured in Amsoil print ads in 5 years.

Besides, any moron would realize that someone representing the young adult market wouldn't be peddling $20,000 trash wagons. How many aging accountants have opted for a "luxury" Sportster 48 or XR?

Dial a cliche, baby...

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

MrZig posted:

Apparently it's an HPN built BMW air cooled twin GS motorcycle, mixed year component build.

And I want it.

Combining new and old. The performance of the old engine with the reliability of the new final drive. :v:

Seriously, that is one cool bike.

e: Also, going to have to agree with you Marv, that would have been a good story.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Marv Hushman posted:

If Wes Siler was worth a sperm as a writer, he'd know that the best stories and biggest epiphanies come from being somewhere you don't belong. This was a missed opportunity and he could have had some fun with it. Leaking this note is a juvenile and boring display of street cred preservation, which is a transitory thing--they all sell out eventually. Look for him to be featured in Amsoil print ads in 5 years.

Besides, any moron would realize that someone representing the young adult market wouldn't be peddling $20,000 trash wagons. How many aging accountants have opted for a "luxury" Sportster 48 or XR?

Dial a cliche, baby...

I hate Wes Siler so much. He's gonna ramble on about being a motorcyclist yet he never takes his review bikes anywhere more technical than the snake? He's a motorcyclist yet he turns down free rides on someone else's bike?

He's the guy on a Harley who looks down at you because you bought some Japanese crap, except he owns a sportbike. Good job buddy, you've redefined poser.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

MrZig posted:

And I want it.

HPN makes some hot rear end poo poo.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Z3n posted:

I hate Wes Siler so much. He's gonna ramble on about being a motorcyclist yet he never takes his review bikes anywhere more technical than the snake? He's a motorcyclist yet he turns down free rides on someone else's bike?

He's the guy on a Harley who looks down at you because you bought some Japanese crap, except he owns a sportbike. Good job buddy, you've redefined poser.

This so much. HFL is just :smug: redefined.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Part of the reason I never gave a poo poo about the site after the paywall went up was because of what an insufferable hipster the guy is. Some entertaining articles, but not much beyond that.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
Yeah, I would jump at the chance to hook up and be rockin with that dude; he doesn't at all sound like a pedophile trying to infiltrate a high school.

PS: Extreme!

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!
Free trip to Miami with free lodging, AND a free bike to ride? Yes please.

Wes is a loving idiot, he could have taken the offer, and then written a story about how horrible the bike was.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
He has principles and you guys are all whores!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

nsaP posted:

Waiting for an update on this...

Also you can let him know the fellas at fz6-forum.com extend him an invitation to join if he isn't a member already. They were trying to figure that out.

It'll be a bit. I work a compressed work week of 12 hour shifts where I only work half of each week. 4 on, 4 off, 3 on, 3 off, and so on. This means I only see the guys from the back half of the week once every two weeks on the start of my long week. And that being said, we are going through a fab (we work in a clean room) conversion and I haven't seen him in about a month which means he probably isn't doing much right now and has his passdowns outside of the fab. (I would always see him in passing, we gown in the same area)

So, give it time. I'll make a point to seek him out though.