Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Unicorns bite, but their bites feel GOOD.
Aren't those tests using an Imperial gallon, which is nearly a liter bigger than a US gallon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Megiddo posted:

Aren't those tests using an Imperial gallon, which is nearly a liter bigger than a US gallon?

The article was actually in l/100km and Throatwarbler converted to US gallons.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Throatwarbler posted:

That right there is drat sexy.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

SouthLAnd posted:

Agreed, holy poo poo.

eames
May 9, 2009

davebo posted:

So what we have here is the Audi RS4 Avant. It features 444hp that peaks at 8250rpm, quattro AWD, 7-speed DSG. It will not be coming to America.

Pretty amazing package in my opinion. AWD, DSG, nice engine and an Avant.
I’m curious about the pricing though, is this supposed to be their M3 or M5 competitor? (I know they’re not directly comparable)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SouthLAnd posted:

They've become the standard go-to company car to replace the Mondeo over here, so there's like a million billion of them on the road, all driven by wankers.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

KozmoNaut posted:

They've become the standard go-to company car to replace the Mondeo over here, so there's like a million billion of them on the road, all driven by wankers.

This is my experience, too.

That estate is much nicer than the hatch/sedan/whatever it is.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

davebo posted:

So what we have here is the Audi RS4 Avant. It features 444hp that peaks at 8250rpm, quattro AWD, 7-speed DSG. It will not be coming to America.

I'm not going to miss it. No stick, only 24 more hp than the 5-year old B7 RS 4? It does look nice, though.

Audi RS 4 Avant by Audi USA, on Flickr

asmallrabbit
Dec 15, 2005

eames posted:

Pretty amazing package in my opinion. AWD, DSG, nice engine and an Avant.
I’m curious about the pricing though, is this supposed to be their M3 or M5 competitor? (I know they’re not directly comparable)

Audi and BMW don't usually seem to build direct competitors. The A4 slots in just below the 3 series, the S4 is a bit above the top 3 series trim, then the M3 then the RS4.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

I really think Holden missed a trick by not importing these to compete with the Mondeo - that awful Cruze isn't even available in a wagon and of course no diesel in the Commodore is increasingly becoming an issue.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

dissss posted:

I really think Holden missed a trick by not importing these to compete with the Mondeo - that awful Cruze isn't even available in a wagon and of course no diesel in the Commodore is increasingly becoming an issue.

I think Opel is being brought to Australia? Even then the car is going to be 4 years old by the time it finally gets there so they probably should have made a Holden version.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

dissss posted:

They really did. The current Opel lineup is very solid.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

KozmoNaut posted:

The current Opel lineup is very solid.
Agreed, except replace AUS with US. All the Opels we've got in the last decade or so have mostly been badged as Saturns, and seem to be quite good.
-Saturn L-Series and Chevrolet Malibu (04-08) were the Vectra
-Saturn Aura, Pontiac G6, Chevrolet Malibu (08-12) were/are the Insignia. The Pontiac version was a HUGE improvement over the Grand Am it replaced.
-We also got the Astra for a bit just before Saturn tanked. Big step up from the Ion.
-I think the current Buick Regal is an Insignia too, and I've heard nothing but praise for it, aside from Autoblog bitching about the shifter in the GS.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Wamsutta posted:

You can get the TSX with the 2.4 and a 6MT. You just can't get a 6MT wagon, if that's what you meant.

Yeah that's what I meant, I don't love sedans.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

dissss posted:

Doesn't Holden sell an obscene amount of those SUV Commodore sportswagons or whatever they're called?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

~Coxy posted:

Doesn't Holden sell an obscene amount of those SUV Commodore sportswagons or whatever they're called?

Its a shrinking market even in Australia - they sell more Cruzes than Commodores these days

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

dissss posted:

Given how involved Holden was / is in running GM Korea, I cant see them using their Opel portfolio readliy. Plus the Cruze is getting manufactured locally shortly, we'll probably see a bunch of variant appear after that

The Cruze anyway isnt utterly crap - it's just average. Pretty much like any other smallish car Holden has ever been involved with

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
That pink Torana concept car from about 5 years ago was pretty cool...

It's basically the new Cadillac ATS but with a hatch. What do you think the chances are of them ever making something like that?

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

Cream_Filling posted:

It's basically the new Cadillac ATS but with a hatch. What do you think the chances are of them ever making something like that?

You mean something that isn't just a Torana badge on the Cruze hatch? Approximately zero.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
The new Focus RS looks nice: http://www.autoblog.com/2012/02/15/2015-ford-focus-rs-to-get-five-doors-turbo-four-and-active-nois/

Ford really needs to start selling these over here.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
That's just a pic of the current RS500.

Scottw330
Jan 24, 2005

Please, Hammer,
Don't Hurt Em :(
Is the RS coming to the US? After lots of searching I can't figure it out. :confused: If not, the ST still looks pretty nice.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

Scottw330 posted:

Is the RS coming to the US? After lots of searching I can't figure it out. :confused: If not, the ST still looks pretty nice.

I would be surprised if it did. I think Ford is still (unduly) scared of a HiPo Focus stealing Mustang sales. If they do, it certainly won't be for a long time because we *still* don't have the ST over here.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Apparently this is the new california.
That rear end is gross as heck.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

A5H posted:

Apparently this is the new california.
That rear end is gross as heck.

I too judge a car's appearance by photos of it heavily camouflaged. And it's the 599 replacement, not new California.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

oRenj9 posted:

I would be surprised if it did. I think Ford is still (unduly) scared of a HiPo Focus stealing Mustang sales. If they do, it certainly won't be for a long time because we *still* don't have the ST over here.

ST is supposedly coming Q3 of 12 I believe.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Throatwarbler posted:

That's just a pic of the current RS500.

D'oh, so it is. Oops.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I too judge a car's appearance by photos of it heavily camouflaged. And it's the 599 replacement, not new California.

I don't think that rear bumper is camo though?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

A5H posted:

I don't think that rear bumper is camo though?

That whole object screams test mule to me which means they probably took the rear end off something else/a prototype and slapped it on a 599/california/whatever they're using body - check out the protrusion of the exhaust.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

davebo posted:

For this car I'll move to Germany. gently caress, it's perfect. :(

Cream_Filling posted:

That pink Torana concept car from about 5 years ago was pretty cool...

I wish more sedans had liftbacks.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

ST is supposedly coming Q3 of 12 I believe.

Yeah, Ford's website is saying the 2013 Ford Focus ST is coming "late 2012:" http://www.ford.com/cars/focus/focusst/

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

I wish more sedans had liftbacks.
Chevy did it twice, and it was horrible to look at both times. Corsica and Malibu. I'm having a hard time coming up with a picture of the Corsica though. The Malibu Maxx is just so awkward-looking.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

The Cruze comes in a hatch which looks pretty reasonable to me, certainly nicer than the sedan

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Left Ventricle posted:

Chevy did it twice, and it was horrible to look at both times. Corsica and Malibu. I'm having a hard time coming up with a picture of the Corsica though. The Malibu Maxx is just so awkward-looking.

I dunno, I kinda think the Corsica hatch looked better than the sedan.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You need a hatch to haul a lot of rear end. Someone should sell this bumper sticker.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

dissss posted:

The Cruze comes in a hatch which looks pretty reasonable to me, certainly nicer than the sedan

That's actually pretty handsome. Too bad we'll never see it stateside.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
The malibu maxx was pretty ugly, also that picture you posted of it in purple reminds me of the comic book The Maxx. The new malibu isn't anything special in terms of looks but with the engine options I think if they offered a hatch of it right now I'd probably get it.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The new Peugeot 208 GTi concept is a pretty sharp looking little thing. Much better than the shite they've been pushing out lately.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I love me some 3 door hot hatches, I really loving do... but that front license plate makes it look so loving bucktoothed it's ridiculous and now I can't un-see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

That does look pretty good, however it's French so I'm not buying one. Never again, drat electrical problems!