Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Pierzak posted:

:aaaaa: I looked for the "search by author" so many times, is it possible to list the archive as authors, or just do it from within the site instead of link manipulation?

If you search for an author name in the search box it'll come up just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Coolguye posted:

If you search for an author name in the search box it'll come up just fine.
Along with any other LP that mentions the author. I tried that, but if there's a better way I'd love to know. Also, the end link looks different. What did you use to search, Geop?

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

You could alternatively use the Master List to search by author, game, title, whatever. It'll search not only the LP Archive, but also active and abandoned/finished-but-not-archived threads.

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!

Pierzak posted:

Along with any other LP that mentions the author. I tried that, but if there's a better way I'd love to know. Also, the end link looks different. What did you use to search, Geop?

The only thing the search terms check are game, LPer, and the tags Baldurk puts on the LPs. So, you shouldn't be getting a game that the person was just mentioned in, only ones that they participated in and were credited for.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Pierzak posted:

:aaaaa: I looked for the "search by author" so many times, is it possible to list the archive as authors, or just do it from within the site instead of link manipulation?
Once you're inside of an LP itself, left-click the author's name at the top. It'll take you to a listing filtered on author.

baldurk
Jun 21, 2005

If you won't try to find coherence in the world, have the courtesy of becoming apathetic.

Brassherald posted:

The only thing the search terms check are game, LPer, and the tags Baldurk puts on the LPs. So, you shouldn't be getting a game that the person was just mentioned in, only ones that they participated in and were credited for.

FYI since a lot of people seem to think this, I don't tag the LPs - they're entirely user editable. Click "tag this lp" on the header of any LP and a popup will let you tag to your heart's content.

Also yes, the search at the moment isn't the best and will overlap title/author if the word is ambiguous. Improvements are planned to the search and other areas, but it's tricky to find the perfect balance and make sure it works as well as it can.

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!

baldurk posted:

FYI since a lot of people seem to think this, I don't tag the LPs - they're entirely user editable. Click "tag this lp" on the header of any LP and a popup will let you tag to your heart's content.

I was unaware of that, it is good to know.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
The master list could really use some kind of sort/search by date option. I prefer reading finished LPs most of the time, but my only options are to scroll through every single LP that ever was or will be, or hope there's something to my tastes in the last 8 uploaded to the archive (which is a very limited number when I don't even check every month). Might be too much work to bother with though.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Insurrectionist posted:

The master list could really use some kind of sort/search by date option. I prefer reading finished LPs most of the time, but my only options are to scroll through every single LP that ever was or will be, or hope there's something to my tastes in the last 8 uploaded to the archive (which is a very limited number when I don't even check every month). Might be too much work to bother with though.

There's a search box at the top, which does allow you to filter only Completed and Archived LPs.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Chexoid posted:

Hey did anyone ever do an LP of Lords Of Magic? That old Sierra game? I really dig it, but I suck horribly at it and wanna see someone play it well.

I am actually planning on doing this soon, once I get some stuff settled. Old childhood classic for me that no one really remembers.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
I'd love that I bought the second one off GoG but don't have the patience to learn it.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

The T posted:

There's a search box at the top, which does allow you to filter only Completed and Archived LPs.

Yeah, I know, that's what I'm doing and it works. But I read through most of what interested me on the master list a couple of years ago, then stopped checking late 2010, so I really only look for those finished in 2011/12.

ruttivendolo
Oct 31, 2010

by elpintogrande
I found this playlist on Yotube for "DayZ", a zombie apocalypse online FFA permadeath survival mod of ARMA 2.

The game focus a lot on player interaction and there are currently 6 videos (with an average lenght of 15-20 minutes each) showing a bunch of people trying to survive the day with some good funny moments, give it a try.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Is there a decent Silent Hill 3 VLP around? I was watching one on here a little while back and got about halfway through it, but then all the videos were taken down and the OP was banned or something?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Robodog posted:

Is there a decent Silent Hill 3 VLP around? I was watching one on here a little while back and got about halfway through it, but then all the videos were taken down and the OP was banned or something?

Yeah, evidently the OP decided to quit the internet and took everything down (music, LPs, everything) and then got himself banned. Shame really, he was a pretty okay guy to talk to. :(

I'm sure I remember reading in on the threads that someone was planning one. I don't think it was Kamoc or Voidburger though - I recall her saying she wanted to take a break from Silent Hill LPs.

Youtube doesn't seem to be offering up any decent ones, unless you like people talking over every single second of gameplay and lack of levelling on the sound.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 15, 2012

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Pesky Splinter posted:

Yeah, evidently the OP decided to quit the internet and took everything down (music, LPs, everything) and then got himself banned. Shame really, he was a pretty okay guy to talk to. :(

I'm sure I remember reading in on the threads that someone was planning one. I don't think it was Kamoc or Voidburger though - I recall her saying she wanted to take a break from Silent Hill LPs.

Youtube doesn't seem to be offering up any decent ones, unless you like people talking over every single second of gameplay and lack of levelling on the sound.
I'm wanting to say Rirse or someone might still have copies of the videos laying around somewhere, cause when Parameter was pretending that someone hacked his account some people volunteered to give him the videos.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Niggurath posted:

I'm wanting to say Rirse or someone might still have copies of the videos laying around somewhere, cause when Parameter was pretending that someone hacked his account some people volunteered to give him the videos.

I just checked the thread. Someone called PSWII60 said they had all the videos, whether s/he deleted them since then, I don't know.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
Let's not go down this road, if the guy deleted them, let's not dredge them up. A video host going down or losing videos is one thing, but if he deleted them, please respect his wishes, even if he was being a baby or whatever.

(Trin's Ecco video is the only exception ;) )

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Proteus4994 posted:

Let's not go down this road, if the guy deleted them, let's not dredge them up. A video host going down or losing videos is one thing, but if he deleted them, please respect his wishes, even if he was being a baby or whatever.

(Trin's Ecco video is the only exception ;) )
Then I shall do it soon in his memory!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Niggurath posted:

I'm only just discovering your SH2 LP. I'm only up to the 5th video or something, but if it's going to be anything like that I'd watch the hell out of it.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Well, that's a bit of a bummer. Oh well, hope you get yours up sometime soon then Niggurath!

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Niggurath posted:

That's good then :)

ferndavant
Jul 5, 2009

Because that's what doggies do! :3:
I'm looking for some good insomnia cure LPs. I've gone through the whole Thief Series with Bobbin Threadbare, as well as his Loom RPG. I'm almost done with The Void LP as well.

Anymore chill video Let's Plays out there? Preferably completed and lengthy.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

ferndavant posted:

I'm looking for some good insomnia cure LPs. I've gone through the whole Thief Series with Bobbin Threadbare, as well as his Loom RPG. I'm almost done with The Void LP as well.

Pretty much anything by ffuok. Psymonkey's Kirby's Dream Course LP is also really chill.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
CannibalK9's The Void is a double treat in that it's incredibly relaxing and also extremely interesting, so you can watch it whether you're tired or perfectly awake. It's also quote lengthy indeed.

EDIT: Squint and entourage's Demon's Souls LP, while of an action game, is slow-paced enough and the commentary chill enough that it somehow manages to be pretty calming.

vvvvv I have terrible reading comprehension when I'm tired so there. :colbert:

mdct fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 17, 2012

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

They mentioned that they're almost done with the Void :v:

Anything by Kaz & Medibot should be right up your alley. Their LP of Kirby's Epic Yarn is probably one of the most relaxing things around, I mean really :staredog:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

ferndavant posted:

I'm looking for some good insomnia cure LPs. I've gone through the whole Thief Series with Bobbin Threadbare
Holy crap Bobbin did Thief? Soooo watching it. Guy's got an awesome voice (not to mention his LPs are really well made)

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

ferndavant posted:

I strongly recommend you watch Geop's Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed 2 LPs. He's an exceptionally chill guy, and the amount of effort he puts into researching the people that show up in the games is phenomenal.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

ferndavant posted:

I'm looking for some good insomnia cure LPs.

People have asked this before, and frequently people tell them about my DefCon thread. I know you're not supposed to shill your own LPs, but this has come up before, and I don't exactly take it as a compliment that these videos are good for putting you to sleep, but whatever, apparently they do.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Yume Nikki did the job for me.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm looking for an LP to watch after the Deadly Premonition LP, which was excellent. I'm not necessarily looking for the same type of game, any will do, but I'd like to find one with the same thoroughness through the game, voiced if possible, but not necessary. I've already gone through all of supergreatfriends' other LPs.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Mr E posted:

I'm looking for an LP to watch after the Deadly Premonition LP, which was excellent. I'm not necessarily looking for the same type of game, any will do, but I'd like to find one with the same thoroughness through the game, voiced if possible, but not necessary. I've already gone through all of supergreatfriends' other LPs.
It's still got a couple more updates to go but Giragast's LP of Cold Fear is a really in-depth look at a game that probably doesn't need such an in-depth look done. He uses a combination of wire frame modeling, concept art, and an in-depth knowledge of the game to really show it off pretty thoroughly.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Pretentious Turtle posted:

Yume Nikki did the job for me.

But seriously only watch this late at night if you never want to sleep again.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Niggurath posted:

It's still got a couple more updates to go but Giragast's LP of Cold Fear is a really in-depth look at a game that probably doesn't need such an in-depth look done. He uses a combination of wire frame modeling, concept art, and an in-depth knowledge of the game to really show it off pretty thoroughly.

Didn't know he had another LP out there after IGI, I'll look into that. Any other suggestions are welcome, but thanks for that one, as I really enjoyed his IGI run.

Skgrey
May 22, 2007

Saved from balloon animal hell, a place of many sharp, spiky objects.
I'd definitely recommend Skippy Granola's LP's; good knowledge of the games he does, commentary is excellent and humorous, and he updates quite regularly. So far in the last few months he's done Bulletstorm, Stacking, and is now LP'ing Rage.

His Stacking LP was very well done and showed off all solutions, so if you've been wondering about Stacking I'd highly suggest you check out his videos. It's one of those games that is very different and has an indie feel to it. It kind of reminds me of Bastion in a way as it's so drastically different than anything else out there and the art direction and narrative really stand out.

I'd also recommend Niggurath's Dead Space 2 LP, quite enjoyable to far.

dirtysammiches
Jun 14, 2010

it has probably been at least a few weeks since you last read cybershell's half-life 2 lp so go read that again i did and i don't regret it

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

ferndavant posted:

Kings Quest VIII: Mask Of Eternity by Nidoking is a funny and pretty chill lp of an awful, awful game. Really enjoyed it and it'll probably do the trick.

Cedric
Nov 17, 2007

"Hard work is simply the refuge of people who have nothing whatever to do."
I didn't know about that one, Wayne. Nice pick! I'll enjoy that. Thank you!

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

If folks haven't seen it already, Zorak & Chocorojo's LP of Man vs Wild just finished, and it's definitely something you should see if you're up for some humor. It's chock full of urine-filled snakeskins, nature-related learning, suffering, and Chocorojo outbursts :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Geop posted:

If folks haven't seen it already, Zorak & Chocorojo's LP of Man vs Wild just finished, and it's definitely something you should see if you're up for some humor. It's chock full of urine-filled snakeskins, nature-related learning, suffering, and Chocorojo outbursts :v:
I don't think anyone can prepare for the sheer incompetence of game production that thing is. It's really astoundingly bad. The graphics alone are 10 years out of date (for a game that came out in 2011).

• Locked thread