Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Finally, the match we've always wanted... Hogan versus Beefcake in 1999.

Edit: "And Ric Flair said so, and THAT's the final word!" Nice attempt to cash in on some Stone Cold catch phrasery.

Double Edit: OH GOD KAZ IN GLACIER'S GEAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

:siren: RIKI RACHTMAN SIGHTING :siren:

e: 6 a.m. is the Thunder where Stevie Ray calls DDP a low-down, dirty, no good, modern day beatnik fruit booty! :allears:

nasboat fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 23, 2012

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
merely minutes ago we witnessed the diving headbutt responsible for a double homicide

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Was that the one off the top of a cage?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
my friend i am watching along with on AIM said the following:
thunder was a horrible show
im not even gonna watch

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Zybysko ribbing on Schiavone is hilarious. "You are SO MUCH better than Shivonyyy"

Now they keep interrupting Jericho's promo to make "shut up and wrestle" comments. Nice.

:siren: Spring Stampede starting now! :siren:

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 05:54 on May 23, 2012

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

maffew buildings posted:

my friend i am watching along with on AIM said the following:
thunder was a horrible show
im not even gonna watch

That's exactly why he should watch!

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Nitro 1999, Juvi vs Rey.

The match hasn't even started and already they're talking about the main event scene from Spring Stampede.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
What in the hell was the WCW Slam Society?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Here's a good companion piece to the stream.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Sandman in a hardcore match with a Surge bin being one of the weapons.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Slamboree 1999 starting now. Opening match - Benoit & Malenko vs Kidman & Mysterio vs Raven & Saturn.

I have high hopes for this one.

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:
I am watching the Gorgeous George v. Charles "lil natch" Robinson and its better then most matches now in WWE. That is sad.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

DAS Super! posted:

I am watching the Gorgeous George v. Charles "lil natch" Robinson and its better then most matches now in WWE. That is sad.
Not so sad. They had a pretty good match for two non-wrestlers.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
:stare: I had no idea Sandman had a WCW run. Man, this is bad. Feuding with Fit Finlay in a hardcore match. The gently caress.

Schiavone just said "Finlay has been to all of the countries in England. :downs:"

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

Slamboree 1999 starting now. Opening match - Benoit & Malenko vs Kidman & Mysterio vs Raven & Saturn.

I have high hopes for this one.

It's probably gonna get really bad really fast.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Sotar posted:

It's probably gonna get really bad really fast.

Bitchoff wouldn't get off of the show. It was swerve city, Russo would have been pleased if he was there at the time.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 24, 2012

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Jack Krauser posted:

:stare: I had no idea Sandman had a WCW run. Man, this is bad. Feuding with Fit Finlay in a hardcore match. The gently caress.

Schiavone just said "Finlay has been to all of the countries in England. :downs:"

Maybe someone can explain to me why the referee took the kendo stick from Finlay? It's like, "You can use it for a bit, but then NO MORE!"

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I just opened the eternal WCW stream and got Saturn catching Stinko Malenko on his shoulders off the top rope and retaining the tag titles with the Death Valley Driver, so that's pretty good timing.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The stream is now showing the May 24, 1999 edition of Nitro. Guess it's a little neat to see. Until they had the "In memory of Owen Hart" thing before the show. That's just sad. Was classy at least, not something WCW is known for.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Man, oh man, I miss the NWO B-Team. Truly great workers and very much ahead of their time.

FROOTY BOOTY

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
:siren: El Dandy spotted! :siren:

Flair: "I'm going to make you a bigger Latin star than Rey Misterio Jr. and Eddie Guerrero". :stare:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This Eric Bischoff retrospective is the worst thing.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Oh my god, guys! Dean Malenko said push, they know the lingo and they know we know.

:stare:

Edit: Gotta love this Sting/Luger promo, which mentions how often Sting has been betrayed.

Edit 2: HAHAHAHA. The grand opening of the Nitro Grill!

Quasipox fucked around with this message at 08:21 on May 24, 2012

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Quasipox posted:

Oh my god, guys! Dean Malenko said push, they know the lingo and they know we know.

:stare:

Edit: Gotta love this Sting/Luger promo, which mentions how often Sting has been betrayed.

Edit 2: HAHAHAHA. The grand opening of the Nitro Grill!

Haha, the Nitro Grill. So successful it closed a little more than a year later.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
My day started off very well. I turned on the stream to hear Curt Hennig on commentary bad mouthing rap.

It didn't last long. "Music and wrestling has never been done before" as we watch a video with lot of shots of Bitchoff with some record producer. Who the hell was Tommy Boy, anyway?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Did anyone ever have a WCW Mastercard?

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Jack Krauser posted:

Did anyone ever have a WCW Mastercard?

I remember trying to convince my mom to get one, if only for the branding.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Started off this morning with Bischoff commenting that WCW had the best wrestlers in the world... during an Ernest Miller match.

Things only got better when that was followed by Macho Man vs guy dressed as Kevin Nash in drag!

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man

triplexpac posted:

Started off this morning with Bischoff commenting that WCW had the best wrestlers in the world... during an Ernest Miller match.

Things only got better when that was followed by Macho Man vs guy dressed as Kevin Nash in drag!

Wait, was it a guy dressed as Kevin Nash that was also dressed like a woman? I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly. I'm guessing this happened in 99 or 2000 because I don't remember it at all and that is when I pretty much mostly checked out on WCW. I would also ask "why?" but I know the only answer would be "WCW". :\

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Jack Krauser posted:

Haha, the Nitro Grill. So successful it closed a little more than a year later.

Still no match for...

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you
Night Man
WWF New York, Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes, etc. Just another in the long line of wrestling related food failures.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

the_Vandal posted:

WWF New York, Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes, etc. Just another in the long line of wrestling related food failures.

JR's place was great while it lasted I hear

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you
Night Man

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

JR's place was great while it lasted I hear

His bbq sauce isn't bad at all (I've only had the normal kind). If I could buy it at the grocery store I would definitely try the other kinds.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

the_Vandal posted:

Wait, was it a guy dressed as Kevin Nash that was also dressed like a woman? I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly. I'm guessing this happened in 99 or 2000 because I don't remember it at all and that is when I pretty much mostly checked out on WCW. I would also ask "why?" but I know the only answer would be "WCW". :\

Yes, it was a dude dressed up as Nash, who was also in drag. Bischoff repeatedly called him a transvestite.

Apparently the buildup to this involved Macho Man laying out Nash and putting lipstick on him?

The only bits I remember from this feud is the segment involving the contortionist in the gym bag, and Nash spraying them with sewage.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
They just had a recap of the Scott Norton and Ernest Miller "feud". Seeing Norton with shaving cream face being told that The Cat is calling him out is still one of the most amusing things that WCW did.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jack Krauser posted:

You need to look up the Raven/Sandman segments that reveal that Raven is just a spoiled rich kid, and Sandman is his rich preppy neighbor. Then watch the Junkyard Invitation since basically 90% of the people in that match got injured.

Also the Curt Henning Rap feud was awesome. They paid Master P and his group stupid amounts of money and they came in to fued with Curt Hennig, Bobby Duncum, Jr, Barry Windham, Kendall Windham. Henning's groups were a bunch of rednecks and were suppose to be the heels. Due to it being WCW they did not realize that Henning and co were liked by the crowd due to them being southern and good wrestlers. They released a song called Rap is Crap and it got played on the radio. Guess what WCW do? They gave them Wrestler Superstar Virgil and de-pushed them

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 24, 2012

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

bobkatt013 posted:

You need to look up the Raven/Sandman segments that reveal that Raven is just a spoiled rich kid, and Sandman is his rich preppy neighbor. Then watch the Junkyard Invitation since basically 90% of the people in that match got injured.

Also the Curt Henning Rap feud was awesome. They paid Master P and his group stupid amounts of money and they came in to fued with Curt Hennig, Bobby Duncum, Jr, Barry Windham, Kendall Windham. Henning's groups were a bunch of rednecks and were suppose to be the heels. Due to it being WCW they did not realize that Henning and co were liked by the crowd due to them being southern and good wrestlers. They released a song called Rap is Crap and it got played on the radio. Guess what WCW do? They gave them Wrestler Superstar Virgil and de-pushed them

You mean a wrestler/group of wrestlers got popular with the fans when they weren't supposed to? Why I never! :v:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
The West Texas Rednecks were so over in my little Canadian farming community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

triplexpac posted:

The West Texas Rednecks were so over in my little Canadian farming community.

That group was Perfect. WCW really is the gift that keeps on giving. However, I do not think that TNA is ever going to be as "great" as WCW was.