Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Yeah, Portal's a cool speedrun game and that was a good run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Grawl posted:

This Portal run is pretty impressive, but I hate how people are just talking straight through the guy when he's actually explaining what he's doing.

edit: great run. First interesting run so far.

Yeah I had to turn it off because of that. That jman guy never shuts up

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

What the gently caress just happened?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Zeether posted:

I watched the end of the last marathon and didn't see JMan have a meltdown at all. Did I watch the wrong thing or was that not recorded?

Probably the best argument for banning that guy from charity marathons is the fact that every dramavore nerd on the Internet is now going to send in hilarious things for them to read on the air.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Ramadu posted:

Yeah I had to turn it off because of that. That jman guy never shuts up

mikwuyma likes to talk a lot as well.

edit: I like how no one is around anymore for this game.

Grawl fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 25, 2012

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Demicol posted:

English isn't my first language and it bothers me how "The Eye Tee" sounds like The Yeti, for the longest time during the last marathon I honestly thought that was the name of the site.

Edit: Cactus Dance was amazing

Actually, it is pronounced "The Yeti" the "Tee" in the name is just a pun.

As for the marathon, I guess I'm gonna have to sit this one out and wait for the encodes to go up, the stream is way to laggy for my liking. I'll probably try watching it again tomorrow, hopefully this problem doesn't persist.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Any particular challenges (http://donations.uranium-anchor.com/tracker/challenges/) that would be good to put money towards? Simcity as a bonus game seems interesting, but it might also be really lame.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

If you've never seen it done live, the secret message during the 1% Fusion run is hard as hell and really impressive.

100% VVVVVV is always impressive, Ridley with only missiles is hilarious and will really stress out Dessy, and SotN (depending on who runs it) is worth donating for.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Wow, the Portal 1 run was beyond impressive. I've been behind on the glitches available so this was mindblowing and only a handful of barely visible reattempts of difficult tricks. And then after breaking the game they busted the ending wide open. Perfect.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
portal run was great, favorite one so far.

absolutely anything posted:

I wish I had a speedrun encoding anime wife

yea anyone who submits a run to SDA has to use "Anri-chan" to encode it or it gets auto-rejected. Your only other option is to torrent/mail a DVD of the several-gigabyte raw files to have someone encode it in "Anri-chan" for you. Every time I try to use "Anri-Chan" it hangs up somewhere and goes "Anri-chan dun ^_^" before crashing and making GBS threads a corrupted 2 kilobyte video file on my desktop, and when I post about it on the "Anri-chan" help forums nobody knows what went wrong. I loving hate "Anri-chan"

Gilg posted:

Any particular challenges (http://donations.uranium-anchor.com/tracker/challenges/) that would be good to put money towards? Simcity as a bonus game seems interesting, but it might also be really lame.

someone should set up a low% quest 64 donation war :getin:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

furry drum circle posted:

Uyama would have you and every donator for it shot.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Kyrosiris posted:

Uyama would have you and every donator for it shot.

Worth it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

HKR posted:

Worth it.

I didn't say I wouldn't donate for it, I just said Uyama would have the lot of us shot.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Haha, don't mention adblock in the chat. Don't complain about the ads either. Actually avoid typing in the chat just enjoy the banter.

Why are other encoders not allowed? I presume it has something to do with verification or being able to cheat in post-production?

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 25, 2012

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Heran Bago posted:

Haha, don't mention adblock in the chat. Don't complain about the ads either. Actually avoid typing in the chat just enjoy the banter.

I'd enjoy some ads, at least those won't lag like there's no tomorrow. I'm watching a Contra slideshow right now.

edit: Why is there a kid screaming in the background? Where are they even recording this?

Grawl fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 25, 2012

Galeboomer
Dec 6, 2011

Grawl posted:

Why is there a kid screaming in the background? Where are they even recording this?

Summer Games Done Quick has been hosted at SDA user Essentia's house for both years now. Essentia has children, and I think another runner has her daughter there.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Pretty sure it's back at Essentia's place. That might explain the lovely stream, might only be so much her connection can do.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Crotch Bat posted:

Pretty sure it's back at Essentia's place. That might explain the lovely stream, might only be so much her connection can do.

Chances are the stream will improve once it stops being prime time in her area.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

Gilg posted:

No cape Mario World and reverse boss order MM4 are two I really hope get enough donations for. Mario World lets you fly over half the levels so it would be nice to actually see them since they aren't using warps this time, and Mega Man 4 backwards just sounds entertaining.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

Heran Bago posted:

Why are other encoders not allowed? I presume it has something to do with verification or being able to cheat in post-production?

The chat really is bad. I saw someone get banned for talking about Cosmo's recent WW improvements because it was 'advertising' :pwn:

I think the Anri-chan justification is for consistent quality - SDA is really really anal about quality, which I'd be fine with if it didn't rely on an unstable 3rd party program.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

I think the Anri-chan justification is for consistent quality - SDA is really really anal about quality, which I'd be fine with if it didn't rely on an unstable 3rd party program.

But the videos look like poo poo. What are they even on about?

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Reminder that SDA pages are hand coded in HTML and then you realize that their propitiatory video encoder being poo poo is no surprise.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is it down for anyone else?

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Alteisen posted:

Is it down for anyone else?

No. They had to restart. Refresh your stream.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I've never knew that the Japanese Resident Evil had cheesy 80s disco music playing during the character introduction. That was hilarious and this run already seems like fun.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
Carcinogen just beat the world record for eating icecream.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Will someone just take off their shirt already?

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C

Heran Bago posted:

Will someone just take off their shirt already?

You really want any of these 5 guys to take their shirt off?

Also am I just imagining things, or did puwexil gain a ton of weight since the last marathon?

Grawl fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 25, 2012

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.

Dr. Dos posted:

No cape Mario World and reverse boss order MM4 are two I really hope get enough donations for. Mario World lets you fly over half the levels so it would be nice to actually see them since they aren't using warps this time, and Mega Man 4 backwards just sounds entertaining.

No-cape SMW is worth donating for. The MM4 donation incentive is stupid, please don't donate for that.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

HKR posted:

Reminder that SDA pages are hand coded in HTML and then you realize that their propitiatory video encoder being poo poo is no surprise.

Also, white text on a black background in tyool 2012. This isn't Geocities.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Uznare posted:

But the videos look like poo poo. What are they even on about?

I assume you're referring to the streaming videos that automatically load on the game page? They're designed to be streamable on every type of internet access including cell phones so they're very low bitrate. Download the medium or high quality versions because those are perfectly fine.

yea anyone who submits a run to SDA has to use "Anri-chan" to encode it or it gets auto-rejected.

What? There's nothing in the rules requiring you to use Anri-Chan. You can encode a run yourself with MeGUI (or possibly VirtualDub or whatever software you want) as long as the finished videos match the site's requirements. There are plenty of articles in the knowledge base to help you do this. Anri-Chan is only recommended because it makes encoding multiple qualities of a source video much faster. If you don't know how to encode a video manually you can still send in the run to be encoded by an admin.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Special stream hijack run of Eltale Monsters low% starring Peaches with special guest commentators Ani, KirkQ, and half a dozen other dudes on skype.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

What do the challenges for VVVVVV mean? I get 100% with the trinkets but I've never seen New Dimention, Variation Venture, and Vertiginous Veridian.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Heran Bago posted:

What do the challenges for VVVVVV mean? I get 100% with the trinkets but I've never seen New Dimention, Variation Venture, and Vertiginous Veridian.

I believe those are all fan constructs of various deviousness.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Yeah SDA is really out of touch with a lot of modern technology and trends, at least the people who are "in charge". Nothing new or shocking.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

These RE runs desperately need a drunk Geoff.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Do not even ask posted:

Free Geoff.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Do not even ask posted:

Hm yea racist remarks and dick jokes. That's real great :rolleyes:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

The Shaman of Cum posted:

Hm yea racist remarks and dick jokes. That's real great :rolleyes:

You're acting a bit more hosed than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.
Hitman Blood Money up next, where no one will see it. :(

• Locked thread