Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr_Zombie
Mar 27, 2011

the_Vandal posted:

For some reason, Simon Pegg and The Rock being friends just seems really natural. Maybe they can get Dwayne to be in the third movie they make with Edgar Wright whatever it will be.

This is an excellent idea. I'd love to see The Rock in the final movie of the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
It's Jericho so grain of salt on it but

Chris Jericho ‏@IAmJericho
Haha! Why bother ?? Im done RT @IAmSteakSlice @IAmJericho Have you been thinking of a story line for after your suspension??

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Jericho did have some Fozzy tour dates coming up, if memory serves.

Something interesting from The Rock:

@TheRock posted:

@TrueGodImmortal They asked I come back start of 2013. Have 3 films to shoot so trying to make it work. Miss that electricity though man.
I've heard a rumour that he was tipped to win the Rumble...

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That would be the best way to leave wrestling. Getting carted off by the police never to be seen again, like the end of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

CM Punk posted:

Sign at Smackdown: poopie power.

Punk is Cena. Cena is Punk.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
CM Punk knows the score...

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

I laughed.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
A wrestling fan fellow by the name of @DiscountCleric just followed a couple PSP chaps (and one chapette). Mayhap ye be a goone?

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

A wrestling fan fellow by the name of @DiscountCleric just followed a couple PSP chaps (and one chapette). Mayhap ye be a goone?

I'm @m_bot on the tweets if people would like to come say hi.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Euthyphro posted:

I'm @m_bot on the tweets if people would like to come say hi.

Well, you asked for it. Apologies in advance.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

So practically the entire NXT roster has been tweeting the hashtag #HorseEatingCorn in the last hour or so. Wade Barrett just tweeted the source.

Awww.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

I think somebody drew that because they keep tweeting it; it's not the cause of the tag, it's a result of it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'll be honest, I'm never sure if dumb anime style drawings of wrestlers are lame or cool. Most of the time it's horrible and gross, but I can't hate a super deformed Wade Barrett feeding a way happy horse an ear of corn, especially when he obviously has ulterior motives

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Super deformed stuff is pretty cute and harmless. It's fine.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah I'll be honest, I'm never sure if dumb anime style drawings of wrestlers are lame or cool. Most of the time it's horrible and gross, but I can't hate a super deformed Wade Barrett feeding a way happy horse an ear of corn, especially when he obviously has ulterior motives

"Eat this corn. Be strong for the Empire."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Aesop Poprock posted:

"Yes, soon you will large enough to trample Heath..."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The chibi CM Punk that Jill Thompson drew was bloody adorable.

And there's no way that corn isn't poisoned.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Aesop Poprock posted:

I miss the old South Park style WWE characters

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The chibi CM Punk that Jill Thompson drew was bloody adorable.

And there's no way that corn isn't poisoned.

Was she the one who did the Colt/Punk/Danielson chibi picture for the Wrestling Road Diaries? That's one of my favourite pieces of wrestling fan art.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Haven't seen it, so I don't know. Is it shown in the movie? I've been meaning to see it.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 31, 2012

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?

AJ Lee posted:

Guy in this store shouted at me "STOP LETTING DANIEL ABUSE YOU!" As if the Walgreens pharmacist needed to know more about my personal life.

AJ has the best tweet-to-funny ratio of any wrestler on Twitter.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

DMPunk posted:

AJ has the best tweet-to-funny ratio of any wrestler on Twitter.

quote:

Unrequited love is the worst kind of pain. Except for shark bites. Shark bites probably hurt like a mother.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Paul Heyman went on a Twitter rant concerning the next generation of wrestlers and what they have to do to make it to the main event.

Zack Ryder and Dolph Ziggler reply "welp, we tried"

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Paul Heyman on Twitter posted:

It's not about backstabbing. It's not about kissing rear end. It's not about pulling a hot stunt and getting momentary publicity.

Someone send that to Cornette and see if he has a stroke from laughing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thunder Hammerfist posted:

Paul Heyman went on a Twitter rant concerning the next generation of wrestlers and what they have to do to make it to the main event.

Paul Heyman posted:

Do you think @SteveAustinBSR relied on anyone? Did HHH? Did @TheRock? Did Hulk Hogan? Did @CMpunk?

:laffo:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
How Paul Heyman made new stars: Give them the nickname of an established star but add, "The New" to it.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
http://sfy.co/12Af - This organizes Heyman's big-rear end rant into a readable format.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jack Krauser posted:

http://sfy.co/12Af - This organizes Heyman's big-rear end rant into a readable format.

How is not readable now? You'd have to be 80 at this point to not understand how to read Twitter in 2012.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Thunder Hammerfist posted:

It was actually pretty awesome, this fucker can make you die for something just by his words alone.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

He might have something if guys didn't have to work through today's WWE to make names for themselves. The top of the business does everything it can to hold down talent, guys work their asses off to get noticed, then they get buried for showing up the higher ups. It's not about talent not stepping up, it's about management stepping down on everyone that tries.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

achillesforever6 posted:

It was actually pretty awesome, this fucker can make you die for something just by his words alone.

Unfortunately, he's full of poo poo. Paul E. had plenty of help getting to where he is, unless his friendships with Eddie Gilbert and Tod Gordon don't count, not to mention the TV exposure on WCW television. He even brings some of that up, but then ignores it for that stupid bootstraps diatribe at the end of his rant.

No one gets over in a vacuum - people get over because other people help get them over. Steve Austin had Bret Hart and Vince, HHH had the rub from DX and his feuds with Cactus Jack and the Rock, Flair had Steamboat and Dusty and Harley Race, and so on. Unfortunately, current WWE booking makes that impossible because they set standards for what a WWE Superstar is and then punish anyone who rises to meet them who isn't HHH or someone he likes. For Paul to blame that on the talent is absurd and he should know better.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

CM Punk posted:

My last three Wrestlemania opponents are currently suspended. I'm a curse!

:ohdear:

What will Steve Austin do next year to get himself tossed?

Alternately, they could just book Punk against himself.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

Unfortunately, he's full of poo poo. Paul E. had plenty of help getting to where he is, unless his friendships with Eddie Gilbert and Tod Gordon don't count, not to mention the TV exposure on WCW television. He even brings some of that up, but then ignores it for that stupid bootstraps diatribe at the end of his rant.

No one gets over in a vacuum - people get over because other people help get them over. Steve Austin had Bret Hart and Vince, HHH had the rub from DX and his feuds with Cactus Jack and the Rock, Flair had Steamboat and Dusty and Harley Race, and so on. Unfortunately, current WWE booking makes that impossible because they set standards for what a WWE Superstar is and then punish anyone who rises to meet them who isn't HHH or someone he likes. For Paul to blame that on the talent is absurd and he should know better.

I was so tempted to just reply "Well duh" to him. Even when he brings up Bryan: he clawed his way to anything and everything and what did he get: 18 seconds at mania whereas Sheamus had been handed everything on a platter. Zack Ryder got himself massivley over, creating his own character: then got completely destroyed. Repeatedly. Tensai was never over but he got wins over Punk and Cena before he said "gently caress it." If it wasn't for Paul and Shawn Micheals backing him up: Punk would probably be back in the indys. Vince was loving gay for HBK, Bret had his whole family, Hogan had to wait for Stallone before he took off.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I like how Heyman talks about it not being politics when in like his third tweet he praises himself for his political successes.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Paul Heyman contradicts himself a lot in that twitrant. It's like he started out lamenting that none of the young guys in the business have the opportunities he has had and they are all suffering for it, remembers he's working in the WWE at the moment and switches into "You young guys aren't trying hard enough".

The problem is Vince and will always be Vince. Two young guys got themselves over without the WWE in Z: True Long island Story and after a brief "Well done kids, you got over" run they were shot straight back down to the midcard and below because gently caress em. Vince, HHH and Stephanie don't like it so gently caress em.

The real problem is, and I didn't believe Mick Foley at the time when he was explaining why he went to TNA but he was bang on the money, is that if Vince doesn't have someone to fear, if Vince doesn't have someone to fight and if Vince doesn't have a clear enemy then he's complacent and non-committal. He could make a huge pile of money with CM Punk, going all in and really driving forward like he did with Stone Cold or he could sit on him, like that there's a nice new star to put on T-shirts and stick with John Cena as the top guy. He could Turn Cena heel, use it to create top new stars like it did when Hulk turned heel and made a revamped Sting, Goldberg and DDP huge stars in their own right but he'd rather just keep Cena face and that nice Merch revenue rolling in. He could push Zack Ryder as US Champ and get him in feuds with other mid carders where wacky poo poo happens like Zack Ryder getting jumped in a club or have a live Z: True Long Island story on Raw but he'd rather give the belt to Santino and have him do funny forigner hack poo poo.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

Deadpool posted:

How is not readable now? You'd have to be 80 at this point to not understand how to read Twitter in 2012.

:eng99:

I admit that I often have a hard time following discussion son Twitter, so I tend to avoid it.

:corsair:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Heyman also doesn't realize that workers no longer have any leverage.

It's not like the old days where a guy could get himself over, then be pushed to prevent discontent and jumping ship. Now if you push back or get yourself over they just bury you because going to TNA is worse for livelihood than being a jobber unless you're already established, which defeats the purpose.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Deadpool posted:

It's a conversation, read backwards, where you sometimes need to expand to recieve context, and it's competing with every racist joke, dog discussion and breakfast musing in your timeline. Also the confusing salad of characters.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!
Here's Joey Ryan on Twitter, regarding his Gut Check from last night, helpfully edited to be more readable:

quote:

What a joke. @IMPACTWRESTLING is pathetic. I'm not good enough for your company? C'mon @TNADixie really? You make me laugh! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

quote:

Don't bring me in just for your NO agenda. It's not my fault that Flair went into business for himself so why am I being punished?!

quote:

Pritchard, @TheRealAlSnow & @OfficialTaz know that a NO is ridiculous. They know I'm money. I dare Tazz to say something to my face now.

quote:

Somebody tell Johnny Ace he can reach me at joeyryan@hotmail.com - I know he's not stupid enough to turn down money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this

Antitonic posted:

Jericho did have some Fozzy tour dates coming up, if memory serves.

I'll be shouting Jericho related abuse at him at Download Festival next weekend.