Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002

Schwartzcough posted:

My four job fiesta was Blue Mage, Red Mage, Geomancer, Dancer. As far as damage goes, Red Mage is nearly useless late-game, Blue Mage is situational, and Dancer is highly unreliable. For a good part of the game, I was relying on the Geomancer skill for most of my damage. Sure, the damage was usually pretty crappy, but it was free!

Can't you doublecast Blue magic with !Blue and !Doublecast? I feel like that would be pretty goddamned potent for defensive purposes at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Mrs. Badcrumble posted:

Can't you doublecast Blue magic with !Blue and !Doublecast? I feel like that would be pretty goddamned potent for defensive purposes at least.

No, Blue magic doesn't work with Dualcast, so Dualcast was only really good for defense with the basic white magic that !Red gives you, like double-life or double-protect. Also, some of the defensive Blue magic was difficult or impossible to get without a Beastmaster anyway. I don't remember all of what I managed to get, but things like Big Guard were right out.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Alright I'm signed up and ready to go, LET'S DO THIS MAN

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is there a long delay in signing up and being recognized? I signed up sometime early yesterday and never got a confirmation.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
It was about 30 seconds for me.

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!
I'll probably have a good go at the Fiesta this year, unlike last year where I couldn't finish it due to exams/work getting in the way and burning me out. Since I've never finishes FFV, I think that I'll just do a normal run of it.

Of course, if I finish early and still feel like it, nothing's stopping me from going at it again unofficially.

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.
Just signed up for this. Looks to be a lot of fun, and I haven't played FFV in years.

When they say you use #up to update, what exactly are you updating? Just general progress through the game?

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
Is there an IRC channel for the Fiesta? It'd be great to have a chatroom where competitors can rapidly swap advice.

I have a feeling I'll be needing advice a lot.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Eggie posted:

Is there an IRC channel for the Fiesta? It'd be great to have a chatroom where competitors can rapidly swap advice.

I have a feeling I'll be needing advice a lot.

I actually just finished a White Mage/Summoner/Bard/Chemist Fiesta, so if you end up getting one of these jobs, here are some things I found out that might be helpful:

* Up through Galura, four White Mages don't actually have any real problems. While they don't do that much damage to enemies with their staves, and you only have one flail, the early enemies don't do that much damage either. The battles take a long time, but they are still quite trivial and can be fast-forwarded through. You don't necessarily need to make one of the party members a Bare.
* The Sylph and Remora summons are invaluable early on. Don't forget to use Remora on the Gigas enemies in Karnak Castle. Once you get Shiva/Ifrit/Ramuh, these will be your main methods of attack, then Titan, then later on Syldra, then Bahamut.
* Phoenix is great. Not only does it revive a party member with full HP, it also gives them full MP, as well.
* Odin was used a lot in the Cleft Of Dimension, from enemies where it would have taken too long to run from without losing at least one party member.
* Golem's duration can be effectively doubled by casting Armor on everyone, or by using Protect Drinks or Big Guard (if you have the classes that can use these, of course).
* Carbunkle is less helpful than you'd think. It can still be useful, but Wall Rings are better.
* Shoat is useful in exactly two fights: against Odin, and against Twin Tania.
* Vitality Song, Requiem, and Speed Song are the three most important songs. Vitality Song will help give you some breathing room when facing powerful attacks. Requiem will take care of everything in the Pyramid and the Great Sea Trench. A Bard singing Speed Song while three other members do their thing will soon overtake four members in the number of turns they get.
* Bards are one of the fastest classes available, so give your Bard whichever ability you want to start battles off with.
* Gold Hairpins and Elf Capes are your friends.

What are some things that other people have discovered in their runs?

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

I did a normal mode back in winter with Black Mage, Chemist, Bard and Berserker, so now I'm going to tempt fate with a hard mode plus the Berserker Risk. Really, they're not so bad once they get started, but I don't know how it will work when I have a thief and 3 Berserkers.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

ShadeofDante posted:

Just signed up for this. Looks to be a lot of fun, and I haven't played FFV in years.

When they say you use #up to update, what exactly are you updating? Just general progress through the game?

Yeah, the only "Mandatory" update is one of you beating Exdeath with one each job but that aside it's something you purely do for your own reasons or anyone who might be watching your update status.

It will automatically post your updates here (if you click a player's name it lists their updates, just right now there arent any, obviously) and parses links to pictures and video, so you can post screenshots and video of the good stuff.

Happy Blue Cow
Oct 23, 2008

I have moooore respect for
Mr. Carpainter then others. Even if I become someone's steak dinner, I'll still respect him.

Hedera Helix posted:

I actually just finished a White Mage/Summoner/Bard/Chemist Fiesta, so if you end up getting one of these jobs, here are some things I found out that might be helpful:

cool info, I guess I can share mine. Last year's fiesta I got Blue Mage/Time Mage/Ranger/Dancer.

* Blue Mage was an absolute cake-walk until the 2nd crystal. They are pretty resilient, can actually hit pretty hard with plain old Attack, and if you take the time to learn, have access to some really handy spells. I was worried when I got Blue Mage as my first job since I almost never play Blue Mages in prior FF's, but it proved to be surprisingly easy in the end. I really like the job now, since it's so versatile.

* Time Mage was better than I thought. Having access to Regen made things really smooth until I got White Wind on my Blue Mage. It goes without saying that Haste/Slow made things even easier. But the best thing about Time Mage by far was BREAKING RODS. For those who don't know, during a battle, if you go to the item list, go to the top row, then press up, it will show you the weapon and shield you have equipped. If you're equipped with an elemental rod (ie: Ice Rod), select it and it will cast a very powerful AoE spell of that element, but will break the rod, destroying it permanently. Destroyed many of the bosses inside and out just by buying a bunch of rods, and breaking them.

* Ranger... just put him in the back-row, Use Aim instead of Fight, and then when you get it, use X-Fight pretty much always. It's really simple, but really boring at the same time. Can't really complain though, cause it can dish out some really nice Physical damage.

* Dancer I found to be really fun. Although the Dance command is really unreliable for the most part of the game, your main goal is to eventually get the Dancing Dagger and the Rainbow Dress. The Dress makes you have a 1/2 chance (instead of 1/4 chance) of bringing out Swords Dance, which is a 9999 damage attack. The Dancing Dagger on the other hand, makes it so that there is a chance that whenever you Attack normally, it'll do a Random Dance.

Combine those two items on Dancer with X-Fight (4x Attack) and its :unsmigghh:

Harlock posted:

Is there a long delay in signing up and being recognized? I signed up sometime early yesterday and never got a confirmation.

If you're still having problems and haven't been registered (the bot should take like 10-15 mins max), you should be able to send message to @revenantkioku and he should be able to sort things out.

Happy Blue Cow fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 4, 2012

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

I guess I'll share my experiences since it seems to be the thing to do right now.

*Black Mage- having 4 of these in the beginning was probably easier than the runs when I had a balanced party. I didn't really have any healing, but everything died so fast that it didn't matter anyways. I figured out how to break rods (though I somehow forgot how to later), so bosses went fast too. Even much later, it served as a reliable damage source throughout most of the game, though my main damage source was the...

*Berserker. It started out pretty bad for the Berserker, and didn't get much better until I got to the second world. The later jobs really made it shine though, and the Dancing Dagger made for a pretty hilarious combination. I stuck the job on Lenna and pretty much left her like that for the rest of the game. I think the defining moment of the play-through was when she 1-shot each of the crystals in Moore Forest. She used the dagger until she got the Rune Axe, where she could finally put that black magic skill to use for the MP/magic boost.

*Bard- getting this class made things quite a bit easier. Being able to paralyze and confuse enemies helped a lot in random encounters. When these didn't work, it could still use Black Magic to help in battle. Requiem was great when I got it as well.

*Chemist- The real secret behind Lenna's strength for the game. I never really used chemists, but if they can make the relatively useless Berserker into the MVP of the game, I can imagine what it would do to other, better classes. Once I got the Chemist, I finally had access to the healing I was missing, which made Ronka the hardest section of the game (it probably would have been easier had I remembered how to break rods). After this, the rest of the game was smooth sailing.

It was actually an easier run than when I played the game "legitimately."

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

if you give a character Barehanded not only are his punches as strong as a Monk's, but he gets a monk's attack and defense stats as well. If your stats are already higher it doesn't give you anything though.

Barehanded only passes along the Monk's Strength stat. Doesn't pass along any defensive bonuses.

My past experience with the Four Job Fiesta games:

Knight/Summoner/Ninja/Samurai: I lucked out my first time through and basically got Team Easy Mode. Knights were more than adequate to make it to the Water Crystal, and after that, Summoner, Ninja, and Samurai just steamrolled everything with massive multi-target damage. First time I ever beat FFV was with this team.

Black Mage/Time Mage/Ranger/Dragoon: Team No Healing. Really only had trouble towards the end against Neo Exdeath and even then I managed come up with a strategy that let me take him down easily. (And then was later informed that I could have made things much easier on myself than I did. Oops.)

Monk/Time Mage/Ranger/Chemist: Team Curbstomp. Did this combination after someone in the previous megathread mentioned giving up on the Fiesta partway through Galuf's World with this combination because it wasn't doing enough damage or something. Beat Neo Exdeath with no problems. Mix is your friend.

Blue Mage/Mystic Knight/Beastmaster/Dancer: Just wanted to try these classes out, didn't actually roll for them. Pretty fun though. Haven't finished the game with this group yet.

White Mage/Time Mage/Bard/Chemist: Team Squishy, as I initially dubbed them due to their light armor, was far less squishy than initially anticipated. They have minimal offense (Holy, Comet, Meteo, and Requiem against undead), but good god are they tough to kill. Haven't finished the game with this group yet.

Thief/Berserker/Geomancer/Dancer: Team No Magic. And yes, that's taking into account the Geomancer since !Gaia doesn't work against Omniscient. (For those who are curious, it takes around 6 hours or so for Omniscient to work through his 30k MP.) Currently at Neo Exdeath, but haven't been able to finish him off yet. Need a few more levels so my Thief and Geomancer can live through an Almagest long enough to get the Dancer back on her feet.

Also, I have to give the Berserker some credit. It's really not that bad of a job overall. It's just easily outshone by practically any other melee-based job in the game.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Wait, I thought one of the rules for fiesta is that you could only use abilities from whichever class your dudes are locked in to? Ie, no blue mages with barehanded even if you have a monk, or whatever.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Minrad posted:

Wait, I thought one of the rules for fiesta is that you could only use abilities from whichever class your dudes are locked in to? Ie, no blue mages with barehanded even if you have a monk, or whatever.

Nope, you can use any combination of skills from any of the classes you get, so long as one person is in each class at all times.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Yep. If you go to the site's Help page and click on "Example" it mentions it there.

quote:

A character need not remain one class exclusively. For example, if Bartz is the Berserker and Krile the Beastmaster, you can swap Bartz to the Beastmaster and Krile to the Berserker at any time. Unlocked sub-skills can be used with any other job.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

W.T. Fits posted:

Black Mage/Time Mage/Ranger/Dragoon: Team No Healing. Really only had trouble towards the end against Neo Exdeath and even then I managed come up with a strategy that let me take him down easily. (And then was later informed that I could have made things much easier on myself than I did. Oops.)

But... Time Mages can cast Regen, and Dragoons can use Lancer. They're not ideal methods of healing, but they're still methods of healing. :confused:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

My Four Job fiesta that I'm near done with is; Thief, Summoner, Ninja, Dragoon.

Starting with thief really sucks. You can't buy thief weapons until after the ships' graveyard. It is important to buy 30+ potions in the first town. However the skeleton monster drops daggers which is helpful. Also potions hurts undead siren which is nice for everyone to deal 50 damage. With 4 flee abilities it is quite possible to get the elven mantle the first time you get to the water castle. I did it on my first try without phoenix downs. Garula is much easier with a back-row healing thief that has an elven mantle. However the last thief ability makes any class as fast as a thief which is amazing.

2 Summoners makes all the way up to the earth crystal a cake walk. Just use your stronger summon and/or wand breaking. Golem and your strongest summon will basically be all your summoner does all. Unfortunately summoner can't use the healing staff...

Ninja is amazing. Throwing is amazing. Dual wield is amazing.

Dragoon is a mix bag. They are very strong, but they don't work well with other. Jump leaves your tanky dragoon in the air not protecting anyone else. However dragon lance drains HP and Mp and is based of intelligence. That means is this basically a free powerful spell for any spell casting class.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Hedera Helix posted:

But... Time Mages can cast Regen, and Dragoons can use Lancer. They're not ideal methods of healing, but they're still methods of healing. :confused:

Eh, I just consider them too inefficient in terms of healing power. Much easier to just kill everything as quickly as possible so that I don't have to worry about healing in battle.

And that team was very, very good at killing things quickly. So it wasn't so much "Team No Healing because my healing options suck" as it was "Team No Healing because stuff dies too fast for it to matter".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

What is berserker risk? Is that just not taking berserker out of the random drawing?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

What is berserker risk? Is that just not taking berserker out of the random drawing?

Dr Pepper posted:

For every 10$ donated to Child's Play, Gilgabot will automatically give anybody who tweets that Berserker

Incentive for people to donate money to charity by guaranteeing it will make someone suffer.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

My Fiesta job list last year was White Mage/Red Mage/Bard/Dancer, guess I'll throw in some tips for them.

Four white mages won't have any problems getting through anything up to Garula, and the only reason Garula's an issue is because he has a counterattack and starts double-attacking halfway through. It's a slog, but it's piss easy. Everything after that, you've got the best healer in the game, don't worry too much. Protect and Shell are way more valuable than you think they are. Other than that, the real standout abilities are pretty obvious.

Red Mage is hilariously good at murdering World 1. At that point, the class is basically Black Mage+White Mage with solid equips. The second you hit World 2, start using them as your primary Protect caster or give them a decent backup ability as your second because you're not going to be doing any more damage with them. !Doublecast is nice if you've got Black, White, or (maybe?) Time Mage, but that's about all the class really contributes.

Bard is amazing. Romeo's Ballad is probably one of the best abilities in the game against normal enemies. I stunlocked my way through the entirety of World 2 and a fair chunk of World 3. The only other songs I remember using regularly were Hero's Rime and Requiem, although you get the first one late and the second one is crazy situational (although it does make the Pyramid a hilarious joke). Remember that Apollo's Harp does insane damage (Somewhere between 4 and 8k) against undead and dragons, it helps make those encounters infinitely easier.

Dancer's rough. Don't use !Dance against undead ever, two of the four effects are outright detrimental and a third is generally fairly worthless. I generally used Dancer as a way to keep my magic-users fully charged on MP, which was a huge benefit in some of the longer dungeons. Go to the phoenix tower as soon as you feel like you reasonably can and grind out the Sword Dance gear, then never remove it. Ever. I generally only used Ribbons with my actual Dancer, Equip Ribbon just wasn't really worth a slot.

So yeah, there's my bunch of words. Can't wait for the Fiesta to start so I can do it again!

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 4, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

W.T. Fits posted:

Blue Mage/Mystic Knight/Beastmaster/Dancer: Just wanted to try these classes out, didn't actually roll for them. Pretty fun though. Haven't finished the game with this group yet.

Thief/Berserker/Geomancer/Dancer: Team No Magic. And yes, that's taking into account the Geomancer since !Gaia doesn't work against Omniscient. (For those who are curious, it takes around 6 hours or so for Omniscient to work through his 30k MP.) Currently at Neo Exdeath, but haven't been able to finish him off yet. Need a few more levels so my Thief and Geomancer can live through an Almagest long enough to get the Dancer back on her feet.

Dragoon/Time Mage is actually a good combo, you can jump multiple times in a row. Also a Ranger/Time Mage could attack 8 times in a row. Quick is a really good spell if you can afford the MP cost.

That second one looks really fun but you'd have to basically have parts of the game memorized. If you know what to capture/control and where Beastmaster can make certain fights trivial. You can deal with some strong random encounters by Controlling them and making them kill themselves, the Dragons throughout the game come to mind, and Capture lets you breeze through some tough boss battles as long as you don't mind the preparation time.

That last one looks like a pain in the rear end and I never would have finished it

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

That last one looks like a pain in the rear end and I never would have finished it

Actually would have beaten it earlier today if I had paid a bit more attention to how much damage I'd already done to the last two of Neo Exdeath's sections and gotten them both down together. Otherwise, the fight went pretty smoothly for the most part.

Even ran into an odd bit of luck while burning through the Magic Lamp to try and get Golem up after using Odin to eliminate the back section. Shoat popped up, I expected him to disappear with no effect, but nope! Demon Eye goes off and suddenly Neo Exdeath's sprite turns grey for a moment. I go to attack him, and he's down to only two sections remaining instead of three.

Turns out that Neo-Exdeath's lower front section (the part that casts Almagest) is vulnerable to petrification.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Fungah! posted:

Red Mage is hilariously good at murdering World 1. At that point, the class is basically Black Mage+White Mage with solid equips. The second you hit World 2, start using them as your primary Protect caster or give them a decent backup ability as your second because you're not going to be doing any more damage with them. !Doublecast is nice if you've got Black, White, or (maybe?) Time Mage, but that's about all the class really contributes.

Red Mages have a lot of equipment options, so that's something. But yeah, past the first world I pretty much handed mine the Healing Staff and had him on heal duty every turn for the rest of the game.

keet
Aug 20, 2005

Replaying old FFs I barely remember finishing (planning on X2, 9, 7, and 6).

The dissonance in 7's expanded universe compared to its original game is really weird. It also seems mostly enamored of the same syndrome Kingdom Hearts is falling into; ie, building novel retcons for new and fairly boring antagonistic characters rather than ones that already exist. So far the only characters really improved seem to be ones who didnt have much characterization to begin with.

Finishing up FFX2 for a second time and while the last boss seems kind of lame if you see it as a giant gun, it's sort of psychologically weird to have Yuna kicking the poo poo of a angry emotionally controlling version of her boyfriend.

Putting 8 on the back burner, and aside from disliking 8's romantic plot in general, I was never quite sure why Rinoa seemed to fit so tightly in the "disliked lady protagonist" of square games; usually when a character is disliked like that, there's a antithesis on the other fandom side who likes them.

Bargain bin Laden
Nov 2, 2006

See how pathetic I am?
Doing an unofficial run, and got Black Mage as my starter... Everyone says they have no problem but Galura is absolutely stomping my poo poo in. Is there a strategy that doesn't involve quaffing 60 potions before finally dying because the damage coming in is higher than you can heal, and also doesn't involve levelling up significantly making the rest of the game a breeze?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bargain bin Laden posted:

Doing an unofficial run, and got Black Mage as my starter... Everyone says they have no problem but Galura is absolutely stomping my poo poo in. Is there a strategy that doesn't involve quaffing 60 potions before finally dying because the damage coming in is higher than you can heal, and also doesn't involve levelling up significantly making the rest of the game a breeze?

There's an ice rod in one of the chests on the dock in Carwen, get that and use it. If it's not a one-shot, it's close to it. Not sure what else you can do.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Doesn't Galura counter everything? Make sure you're not attacking so fast that you get countered into the ground. Taking it slower and using more time to heal/defend might help.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Do a round of full on magic, with one mage powered by the ice rod. Then next round break the rod.

If you are really having trouble check out this site of someone soloing the game with each class, http://www.garath.net/Sullla/FF/finalfantasy.html .

Bargain bin Laden
Nov 2, 2006

See how pathetic I am?
I completely forgot about the rod, thanks a ton. Now to actually go beat him.

Edit: And yes, Galura counters everything but he does his Rush attack which drains health until death far too often.

Edit 2: My rolling a die method has netted me Berserker, wooo

Bargain bin Laden fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jun 5, 2012

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Decided to start a new FFXII run. I kinda wish I was playing IZJS (if I were I'd have all the Gambit by now and actually have a reason to open chests :v:), but oh well.

Vaan is stealing everything. I even managed to get one of them fancy Astrological Sigh Gems off the Flan boss. The only trouble I've run into is trying to keep Guest!Basch alive when he is just intent on suiciding against anything he sees. Well, that and trying to score a Kotetsu off a Werewolf, but more and more that's looking like a waste of time.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

TurnipFritter posted:

Decided to start a new FFXII run. I kinda wish I was playing IZJS (if I were I'd have all the Gambit by now and actually have a reason to open chests :v:), but oh well.

Vaan is stealing everything. I even managed to get one of them fancy Astrological Sigh Gems off the Flan boss. The only trouble I've run into is trying to keep Guest!Basch alive when he is just intent on suiciding against anything he sees. Well, that and trying to score a Kotetsu off a Werewolf, but more and more that's looking like a waste of time.

I'd say just steal the Gladius dagger off the Lindbur Wolf (kill 20 wolves in the Westersand). It's probably strong enough to get you up to Raithwall's Tomb pretty easily, at which point you can get the Demonbane, followed shortly by Deathbringers.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

trying to score a Kotetsu off a Werewolf
Why did this sentence make me flinch?

I haven't played FFXII in a very long time and genuinely don't remember.

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!
If someone has like 2 hours to kill and wants to know a bunch of nerdy poo poo about Final Fantasy Gametrailers did a really good retrospective a while ago.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/the-final-fantasy-retrospective/4831

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I'm excited, it seems RevenantKioku is really fast about asking to follow protected Twitter accounts, so looks like I'm in for the Fiesta this year! Maybe we should put something in the first/second post with everyone who's gonna be participating?

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012

Sir Liquid Jerk posted:

If someone has like 2 hours to kill and wants to know a bunch of nerdy poo poo about Final Fantasy Gametrailers did a really good retrospective a while ago.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/the-final-fantasy-retrospective/4831

Those things are better than the one that shipped with Advent Children by a long shot. Really makes you nostalgic.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
2012-06-05 16:12:47 Hidden_Wings I #pledge $.50 per win, and an additional $.50 per berserker in a victory shot. (Total cap $150)

Okay, I guess I'll put myself at Berserker Risk for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain

TurnipFritter posted:

I think one or two years ago, I did a "power playthrough" of FFXII. The idea of this power playthrough is to level up Vaan early and reap awesome equipment. One of the steps in this power playthrough is to farm Werewolves for Kotetsus, and if I remember correctly, you kill the two Werewolves, walk to screens east (without touching the save point), return and kill them again. Eventually your chain level will increase and the chances of them dropping Kotetsus will increase too.