Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Do any of these korean webcomics ever get animated?
This series really deserves it, though maybe it should wait until there's more material. An "anime only ending" would be a travesty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
Some really fantastic artwork in this chapter, really. Top notch.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Sure took them a long time to translate such a short chapter. The fight's really cool so far, I'm sure the third throw is when we'll get to see some real crazy stuff, I'm pumped.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
That ranker has no idea Baam is an irregular. I'm still not sure if Baam can straight up beat a ranker, but things won't go the way the midget wants.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 243 days!
I'm thinking that Love is being set up as a main character. Or maybe that's wishful thinking?

He's clearly gained respect for Viole/Baam's talent, and making a friend from a highly principled opponent who is too powerful for you to taken them in a fight is a classic martial arts/manga means of gaining a mentor or making a friend.

I'm thinking that Viole will still be holding the flash-drive thing when he gets up.

Also, does anything preclude the younger gray-haired ranker from being the killer?

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 11:43 on May 25, 2012

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Hodgepodge posted:

I'm thinking that Viole will still be holding the flash-drive thing when he gets up.

Love already grabbed it and threw it into the glove.

Also someone needs to tell this translation group that what has an h in it.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Frome posted:

Love already grabbed it and threw it into the glove.

Also someone needs to tell this translation group that what has an h in it.

I really wish they left out their "funny" remarks. They try so hard to look edgy it makes them look like idiots.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

cooldude2.0 posted:

Do any of these korean webcomics ever get animated?
This series really deserves it, though maybe it should wait until there's more material. An "anime only ending" would be a travesty.

It seems like it'd be a really easy anime to do filler for as well, given a time skip and the number of floors we didn't see between Baam's arc and Viole's arc.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 243 days!

Freaksaus posted:

I really wish they left out their "funny" remarks. They try so hard to look edgy it makes them look like idiots.

It's kind of amusing that I can now be grumpy, old man style, about the immature sense of humor of the younger nerds translating my mangahwa.

(Although really I got there with some fan-translation patch of Tales of Phantasia like 10 years ago).

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
So there's another guy who's scanlating ToG, but is much faster than The Company, he just doesn't clean sound effects and weird text bubbles. I've typically refrained from posting these because they're hosted on image shack, but I've reuploaded them into an imgur album to make it more convenient.

RAW here:
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=183559&no=98&weekday=mon
Give the author views!

NorthernColors scan here:
http://imgur.com/a/7ZrG1

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

Thanks for the link! I like having all the different versions of it, from the raws to that scanlation to The Company's polished result.

Its like I get to read each issue 3 times now, yay!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh, Viole=Violet. Not a surprise from the people who translated Rachel as Lahel.

Rivers
Jan 19, 2007
To be honest I think Viole is a much better name than Violet.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

Sarcophallus posted:

So there's another guy who's scanlating ToG, but is much faster than The Company, he just doesn't clean sound effects and weird text bubbles. I've typically refrained from posting these because they're hosted on image shack, but I've reuploaded them into an imgur album to make it more convenient.

RAW here:
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=183559&no=98&weekday=mon
Give the author views!

NorthernColors scan here:
http://imgur.com/a/7ZrG1

Thanks for uploading them! I appreciate speed and to be honest I don't think these are bad quality!

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Cbouncerrun posted:

Oh, Viole=Violet. Not a surprise from the people who translated Rachel as Lahel.

No wonder Yeon thought he was a girl for a while.

Edit: Also, it looks like he translated Lurker as Locker. I kind of prefer Viole and Lurker.

I wonder how he'll translate Rapdevil? Because Rapdevil is a great name.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Slime posted:

No wonder Yeon thought he was a girl for a while.

Edit: Also, it looks like he translated Lurker as Locker. I kind of prefer Viole and Lurker.

I wonder how he'll translate Rapdevil? Because Rapdevil is a great name.

Speaking of which latest chapter [2.17] So he was faking it! Wait what?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I don't think anyone in this arc has the sort of specialized skills it would take to exorcise the team killer.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
The Rapdevil twist was foreshadowed by the rule that one member of the team must stay in the room at all times. Who is in Yeon/Viole's room? Does the short robed guy that appeared last chapter count?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also since Rapdevil didn't know where the remote was, he couldn't have let anyone into the room.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Cbouncerrun posted:

Also since Rapdevil didn't know where the remote was, he couldn't have let anyone into the room.

Rather, he didn't have a choice, the door was open the whole time since Prince had to be able to leave.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
New chapter, available here.

Imgur kind of dicked up the album view, just maximize the images.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Jesus Christ, this chapter :stare:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Am I think only one who thinks Lurker and Viole make more sense than Locker and Violet? Lurker fits the guy's personality better, and Violet make no sense as a boy's name.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 6, 2012

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Silver2195 posted:

Am I think only one who thinks Lurker and Viole make for sense than Locker and Violet? Lurker fits the guy's personality better, and Violet make no sense as a boy's name.

While I don't have much inclination either way with regards to the name translations, do keep in mind that the group using Lurker and Viole turned 'Rachel' into 'Lahel'. I think Viole may be correct (though I'll immediately point out I'm no expert on the matter), because the Korean doesn't have the 't' sound on the end of his name, it's something like 'Bi-ole' if I remember correctly. No clue on Lurker/Locker though.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
Let's also remember that in this world 25th is a perfectly reasonable first name.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Sorry, ToG guy, but if you want me to care about a character getting murdered you're going to have to put more than zero chapters between telling me their heart-touching backstory and killing them.

Spellcheck
Oct 23, 2008

by angerbot

Sindai posted:

Sorry, ToG guy, but if you want me to care about a character getting murdered you're going to have to put more than zero chapters between telling me their heart-touching backstory and killing them.

lifes harsh, brutal, and short in the tower lest for the weak. zero chapters is all the time he had.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
But Wang-nan hasn't failed yet. :confused: It seemed to happen instantly with the remote press in Teddy's case, is it a double case of 'teammate's actually still alive'? Or will he dissapear right away next chapter?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Sarcophallus posted:

While I don't have much inclination either way with regards to the name translations, do keep in mind that the group using Lurker and Viole turned 'Rachel' into 'Lahel'. I think Viole may be correct (though I'll immediately point out I'm no expert on the matter), because the Korean doesn't have the 't' sound on the end of his name, it's something like 'Bi-ole' if I remember correctly. No clue on Lurker/Locker though.

It is definitely Viole and Lurker, not Violet and Locker.

I have no clue why they translated the names like that (the translator is bad); it's pretty obvious in Korean that those are the names. You're absolutely right in that Viole in Korean has no ending 't' sound. And the Korean words for Lurker has the "uh" modifier in the first syllable, making it "lurker". It most definitely does not have the "ah" modifier that would make it identical to the Korean word for locker...which is 'locker'.

EDIT: Also, I had no clue the translation was using those names, as I read the original.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

If one teammate is in any room they own they aren't counted out maybe?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

AtomikKrab posted:

If one teammate is in any room they own they aren't counted out maybe?
This chapter, the Devil Hand guy pointed out that you need to have a living teammate in the room. I don't think there's anyone in there that fits the criteria of being on Wang-nan's team as well as being alive, unless the delivery boy didn't actually die.
Which makes me think along these lines:

Hietala posted:

But Wang-nan hasn't failed yet. :confused: It seemed to happen instantly with the remote press in Teddy's case, is it a double case of 'teammate's actually still alive'? Or will he dissapear right away next chapter?
We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

They have 5 rooms don't they?

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

They have 5 rooms don't they?

Something like that yeah. I doubt Wangnan's gonna get disqualified since even if he loses his room he still has a couple more and should have at least one teammate in each.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
If you go to Batoto to read the latest chapter, the author's notes at the end tell what to expect in the near future, exciting stuff.

Namely, there are about 3 chapters left in this arc, after which "we'll see the hidden story behind Viole and this test, along with the connection between the story from part 1." And after that characters from Volume 1 will start to return and a few other things.

Hirethor fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 7, 2012

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Frome posted:

Something like that yeah. I doubt Wangnan's gonna get disqualified since even if he loses his room he still has a couple more and should have at least one teammate in each.
Oh, ok, that makes sense.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
There's a translation out, of what I thought was an unfortunately boring chapter, but its on image shack and I can't for the life of me figure out how to access full-sized pictures on that poo poo. Magnifying glass does nothing...

http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/234206-Raw-Chapters-Discussion-Thread-Spoiler?p=9944450&viewfull=1#post9944450

Maybe someone who isn't stupid can figure it out and mirror those.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

TheDemon posted:

There's a translation out, of what I thought was an unfortunately boring chapter, but its on image shack and I can't for the life of me figure out how to access full-sized pictures on that poo poo. Magnifying glass does nothing...

http://forums.mangafox.me/threads/234206-Raw-Chapters-Discussion-Thread-Spoiler?p=9944450&viewfull=1#post9944450

Maybe someone who isn't stupid can figure it out and mirror those.

You might have scripts disabled. It also forces a popup when you full-size them, image shack sucks a bit of dick. I tried to mirror them on imgur when they released, but they 'corrupted' and wouldn't all upload, so I figured it wasn't really worth the effort.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/107739/tower-of-god_v2_ch19_by_the-company

100th chapter!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Hahaha "sorry guys English doesn't have a plural form of 'prey.'" :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Well, the fact that the english translator doesn't understand that prey is like moose is kind of hilarious. Despite that, the end of that chapter was just pure "Yessssssssssssssss".