Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Yup, pretty sure Danno is the correct answer. Ban Linknumbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic CAW
Aug 11, 2007

BLANDTASTIC!
http://www.wwe.com/classics/wildest-warpaint
Looking at this now and it strikes me that a lot of wrestlers used pretty much the
same style of paint around the eyes - the star shaped thingy. Is there any significance to this in wrestling history or is it just that it's hard to come up with something else?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Generic CAW posted:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/wildest-warpaint
Looking at this now and it strikes me that a lot of wrestlers used pretty much the
same style of paint around the eyes - the star shaped thingy. Is there any significance to this in wrestling history or is it just that it's hard to come up with something else?

Wrestlers like Kiss?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Perry Normal posted:

Wrestlers like Kiss?

You mean Demon

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
watching random clips on youtube, I came across this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m959JGdOnpM

I am a bit confused as to what I am watching. I understand the description and can kinda correlate it to what is happening on screen, but what am I missing? Isn't Teddy Hart the chap that CM Punk had a backstage fight with?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

britishbornandbread posted:

watching random clips on youtube, I came across this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m959JGdOnpM

I am a bit confused as to what I am watching. I understand the description and can kinda correlate it to what is happening on screen, but what am I missing? Isn't Teddy Hart the chap that CM Punk had a backstage fight with?

Teddy Hart is well-known for burning bridges everywhere in the industry. This was very early on in his career. Hart starts doing moonsaults and nonsense after he's lost the match, which wasn't cleared with anyone. Then he vomited. For all anyone knows he had a concussion but this one of several times he went into business for himself or acted like a moron backstage. As a result his career has gone nowhere, despite him having all the right connections and exposure in all the major feds.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Every story I've heard about Teddy Hart drives home the point that he's an rear end in a top hat that doesn't care about the safety of himself or others when in the ring. I think I also heard that he's been banned from competing in a lot of different places because of his attitude and the fact the he does crazy poo poo that could get people seriously hurt.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Didn't Teddy Hart have actual literal assassins sent after him while working in Mexico because he was too much of a dick? I remember hearing that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

Didn't Teddy Hart have actual literal assassins sent after him while working in Mexico because he was too much of a dick? I remember hearing that.

I don't remember that, but it wouldn't surprise me. However you may be crossing that up with Vampiro's story that he dove out of a window to avoid assassins that had been sent after him.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

MassRayPer posted:

I don't remember that, but it wouldn't surprise me. However you may be crossing that up with Vampiro's story that he dove out of a window to avoid assassins that had been sent after him.

I always thought Vampiro was one of those few guys that no one ever had anything bad to say about him. What's the story behind that hit thing?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thesteelhellion posted:

I always thought Vampiro was one of those few guys that no one ever had anything bad to say about him.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

thesteelhellion posted:

I always thought Vampiro was one of those few guys that no one ever had anything bad to say about him. What's the story behind that hit thing?

Everyone hates Vampiro. He's got a huge ego and can be kind of a cock. The hit is supposedly because he's a Guardian Angel and the Mexican gangs didn't like this and sent guys after him. Except, no one really believed he suffered the injuries he claimed to suffer jumping out of that window and this isn't his only claimed run in with mercenaries.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

thesteelhellion posted:

I always thought Vampiro was one of those few guys that no one ever had anything bad to say about him.

:stare:

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

thesteelhellion posted:

hmm. I've already been beaten a couple of times on this one. I guess I'll post something relevant:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
gently caress Vampiro. :argh:

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Reminds me I should add both Vampiro and Teddy Hart to the rear end in a top hat thread.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I think Vampiro calmed down a bit after he tried acting like a big star in WCW and nobody cared about him.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

thesteelhellion posted:

I think you got Undertaker and Vampiro confused

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

According to Jericho, and this is just for starters, Vampiro actively tried to sabotage Jericho's career by lying to Japanese promoters about what Jericho said and did. This would easily be enough to make most fans hate him forever, but Vampiro's exploits go beyond that apparently. I think they also had some problems in Mexico that were entirely caused by Vampiro.

Vampiro realized that there were limited spots at the top, and his solution to this problem was to sabotage his competition. So generally he fit in very well in the WCW atmosphere.

Firehippo
Feb 16, 2011

thesteelhellion posted:

Vampiro is featured quite prominently in the Mexico chapters in Jericho's first book.

As others have already said, he is portrayed as being a big jerk.

Edit- Sorry for repeating what OneThousandMonkeys already said!

Firehippo fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 5, 2012

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

achillesforever6 posted:

I think you got Undertaker and Vampiro confused

That's deplorable and should be added to wrestletext

thesteelhellion once mixed up the Undertaker and Vampiro when telling a story. he also enjoyed sharing his wife with the boys.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Vampiro did give the greatest excuse for no-showing an event though. He claimed the wheels fell off the plane he was flying in on.

For what it's worth Sting, who is by all accounts one of the nicest guys in the wrestling world with hardy a bad word to say for anyone, absolutely hated the guy.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Well yeah, they were the Brothers in Paint until Vampiro turned on him, set his face on fire, and threw him off the Nitrotron. :mad:

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
This page has been confusing as gently caress as I read Teddy Hart and think Jimmy Hart. Also hilarious though.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Supreme Allah posted:

That's deplorable and should be added to wrestletext

thesteelhellion once mixed up the Undertaker and Vampiro when telling a story. he also enjoyed sharing his wife with the boys.

I feel like I just jobbed to the entirety of PSP.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Who is Big Earl from Cranky Vince's twitter?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Avenging_Mikon posted:

This page has been confusing as gently caress as I read Teddy Hart and think Jimmy Hart. Also hilarious though.

I could picture a coked up Jimmy Hart doing moonsaults.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'd like more info on the Cranky Vince Twitter as well. Is there some kind of guide for it?

Also: I've completely given up on the WWE after getting suckered back in by that awesome Punk promo, thinking "they can't gently caress this up," and then the pretty meh Cena-Rock build and then the Lesnar jobbing in his first big match back. But, the whole Bryan/Punk/AJ thing sounds fun (except for Kane); is AJ any good in her role? Any choice of clips of her that I should be watching?

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Rodney the Piper posted:

I'd like more info on the Cranky Vince Twitter as well. Is there some kind of guide for it?

Also: I've completely given up on the WWE after getting suckered back in by that awesome Punk promo, thinking "they can't gently caress this up," and then the pretty meh Cena-Rock build and then the Lesnar jobbing in his first big match back. But, the whole Bryan/Punk/AJ thing sounds fun (except for Kane); is AJ any good in her role? Any choice of clips of her that I should be watching?

AJ is amazing as the crazy cute girl. A Diva with personality!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rodney the Piper posted:

thinking "they can't gently caress this up,"

psa, NEVER THINK THIS!!!!!!! THEY ALWAYS CAN AND USUALLY HAVE!!!!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

BAN DICKEYE posted:

Hell, if they don't have the ability to gently caress it up with their current roster they'll dig through the backlogs and find someone who can.

Yo Eleven
Aug 5, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Hell, if they don't have the ability to gently caress it up with their current roster they'll dig through the backlogs and find someone who can.

Michael Cole: That's... K-K-K-K-KEVIN NASH!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

BAN DICKEYE posted:

I should have been aware of this, given the last decade of monotony, but I keep thinking back to the days of 96-99, when things were just so awesome.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

BAN DICKEYE posted:

Hey, all we needed to do was give Nexus and Punk/Cena and Kharma time and they showed us what those storylines were really capable of!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rotinaj posted:

Hey, all we needed to do was give Nexus and Punk/Cena and Kharma time and they showed us what those storylines were really capable of!
Punk/Cena gave us two 5 Star matches, what the hell are you talking about?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

rotinaj posted:

Khamra is a case where it was outside forces. First she gets pregnant and then miscarries.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So watching TNA made me wonder, why doesn't Hogan use I am a Real American? I mean it's cheesy as gently caress but it's better than his shitass NWO remix song.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Glitterbomber posted:

So watching TNA made me wonder, why doesn't Hogan use I am a Real American? I mean it's cheesy as gently caress but it's better than his shitass NWO remix song.

I'm fairly certain that WWE owns it - when he was in WCW he had that awful American Made instead.

Edit: Yep, here we go:

quote:

Why didn't Hulk Hogan use his "Real American" theme song in WCW?
To make it short and sweet, the WWF has the rights to that theme song. The song was originally written by Rick Derringer in 1986 for Mike Rotundo (IRS) and Barry Windham, but was later given to Hogan after Windham's WWF departure.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 8, 2012

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

But they just used it for a Brooke Hogan promo, so that can't be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LividLiquid posted:

But they just used it for a Brooke Hogan promo, so that can't be true.

I'd say the difference there is probably that Spike was allowed to buy use of it for non-specific purposes (it's a song I've heard used multiple times for a variety of things) and then used it to promote Brooke. Or maybe that's just another example of TNA hoping they can get WWE to sue them so they can look like the victims of mean ol' bully Vince McMahon who is scared of them as competitors.