Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

*hits the 2:10 mark*
*sees Arino and Arino-helper taking on Kirby Super Star*

Where is this footage!? (I see it's a live episode, so I presume translating it is a low priority.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

NBHS posted:

Also, one of the cooler Tamage segments, complete with Arino + Emoto tag-teaming The Simpsons!

Going to watch later just for this part. Loved that game growing up.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

FredMSloniker posted:

*hits the 2:10 mark*
*sees Arino and Arino-helper taking on Kirby Super Star*

Where is this footage!? (I see it's a live episode, so I presume translating it is a low priority.)

"Arino-helper"? That's Hamaguchi a.k.a. the other half of Yoiko!

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

Crotch Bat posted:

I was also interested to see the Mini-4WD racing in live-action. I have a copy of Shining Scorpion, a Super Famicom Mini-4WD RPG (wrap your head around that), but totally didn't know this was a thing until I played it.

(The game's not really that impressive, truth be told. Arino's far more interesting. If you don't believe me, I've got footage here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwy1BVc9ixU)

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Crotch Bat posted:

God the hours I spent playing that game. When I was in high school, the local hobby shop had a small arcade section and the Simpsons game was out of sight from all the employees and they forgot to lock the top down. You could reach your hand down into the machine and jiggle the quarter thingy and get infinite free plays. :haw:

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Random Stranger posted:

You are all trying to kill me, aren't you.

zari-gani posted:

I was totally just kidding around with you but now I got everyone excited :( Sorry guys, I love that episode and all but I'm really not prepared to translate that one right now. It was a joke.

Well don't I feel like a dick now :smith: I'm sorry y'all, I'm always grateful to see any new episodes translated, so do whatever you feel like!

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Random Stranger posted:

"Arino-helper"? That's Hamaguchi a.k.a. the other half of Yoiko!

Well, he's dressed like Arino and playing the helper, so. :colbert:

More to the point, is the raw footage available anywhere?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

I think I have the raw on my hard drive. If I find it, I will upload it on youtube by the weekend.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

VE Suda on the left...

ETA: This tweet by Arino (https://twitter.com/arimorokoshi415/status/210051106678648833)
"I'm not a creator so I'm not going to E3. I haven't been invited, and I don't know if I can even get in, but I'm not interested in upcoming games that won't come out for a while. I'm just a player who buys whatever's available and plays until he withers."

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jun 6, 2012

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Inoko MAX front and center where he belongs.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Suda is a rude dude.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

(Sorry, not a new episode)

This Friday, Kan, Inoko MAX, Abe and some other staff member I don't recognize will be putting on a live online show called "Gascoin Radio."

It'll be broadcast on Ustream here: http://goo.gl/Rj2lV
5 PM in Japan. PST: 1 AM. EST: 4 AM. Still Friday.

Official twitter with updates is here: https://twitter.com/#!/gascoinradio

The info says: "A TV show called radio...'Gascoin Radio ~If you're going to a shopping district, try this one~'. A leisurely live broadcast from a shopping district. Two guys who are supposed to be stagehands, Producer Kan, and Cameraman Abe will talk about whatever comes to mind. Featuring Cameraman Abe's cooking! Director Inoue might barge in?! Delivered with plenty of lassitude. The first episode is from Kyuushuu!"

The latest tweet says, "For the Ustream live on Friday, instead of a fixed camera, we will be broadcasting via wireless HD camera! We will be using a device called a TVU pack carried in a backpack. This way we can follow Abe as he goes shopping?!"

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Theyre just kinda hanging out and talking about whatever they feel like? That's like the ultimate show!

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

I would totally watch the hell out of that show.

zari-gani posted:

VE Suda on the left...

More women on the staff than I'd have expected. You never see them on camera... can't say I blame them really.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Holy crap I hope this GasCoin Radio program gets subbed eventually---with that premise it can't lose! I want to see Abe intimidate his way towards all manner of quality groceries and foodstuffs across a wide variety of locations!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

zari-gani posted:

VE Suda on the left...

Abe may have the rep but we know who the real punk on the staff is.

Corridor posted:

More women on the staff than I'd have expected. You never see them on camera... can't say I blame them really.

There were a lot of rarely seen female staff members in the Fukuoka trip episode. Watch the shrine scene and you'll see three of them (plus a nearly unrecognizable Urakawa with yet another new look). I haven't been able to find out their names though.

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish

Random Stranger posted:

There were a lot of rarely seen female staff members in the Fukuoka trip episode. Watch the shrine scene and you'll see three of them (plus a nearly unrecognizable Urakawa with yet another new look). I haven't been able to find out their names though.

Speaking of Fukuoka, any idea where that episode is on the priority list? I used to live just outside Fukuoka, I'd love to see if they visited any of my old haunts...

Also kind of gutted I didn't know about this series when I lived there. :/

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

PkerUNO posted:

Speaking of Fukuoka, any idea where that episode is on the priority list? I used to live just outside Fukuoka, I'd love to see if they visited any of my old haunts...

I have the raw up on my YT channel. I have raws for almost all the unsubbed raws. Just need to load most of season 14 and 15.

GCCX Fukuoka and Retro Game Challenge Tour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng0Hgix1nIU

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Gascoin Campany :allears:

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish

joek0 posted:

I have the raw up on my YT channel. I have raws for almost all the unsubbed raws. Just need to load most of season 14 and 15.

GCCX Fukuoka and Retro Game Challenge Tour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng0Hgix1nIU

Awesome, thanks!

BAKOON
Feb 1, 2008

the fart doctor

FredMSloniker posted:

Arino was playing the helper, Hamaguchi was Kirby.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

PkerUNO posted:

Actually I have that episode partially translated. I can't remember why but I stopped at some point to work on an easier standard challenge episode. So it's definitely going to get subbed soon.

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish

zari-gani posted:

Actually I have that episode partially translated. I can't remember why but I stopped at some point to work on an easier standard challenge episode. So it's definitely going to get subbed soon.

In that case I shall resist just a little longer. Can't thank the SAGCCX team enough for all your hard work in translating this gem of a show for us. :)

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Gascoin Radio starts in 10 minutes.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

zari-gani posted:

"Not available in your area..."

Apparently no Vancouver love from UStream.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

zari-gani posted:

I have absolutely no idea what is going on, but they laugh alot, which makes it hilarious background noise for doing other things.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

What's Abe going to cook? And is anyone else getting intermittent "rights restrictions" errors? I have to keep refreshing it.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

They're shopping for fresh recipes to use in Abe's mystery dish.

Abe scoring a six pack of beer. Not for use in the dish.

And he's off! I think he said he's making the ramen pizza again and a mentaiko rice bowl.

Meanwhile, Kan and Inoko MAX think about stuff to talk about... hey, that poster in the background...!

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jun 8, 2012

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

I swear I know that art on the wall...

It's always great seeing more Kan and Abe, and it's amusing seeing Inoue more relaxed and casual instead of being awkward or a giant ham.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

A map of where they currently are. They say if you drop by within the next hour and a half you may be able to have some of Abe's cooking!

They're sampling a bunch of Kyuushuu's local snacks. A whole bunch. I think Kan said they have twenty to go through. I'm wondering if they'll get full before the actual meal...

The handwritten sign reads "Loose live broadcast. Don't expect too much!"

Kan talked to Urakawa on the phone. Urakawa, who's watching this, told him Inoue apologizes too much.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jun 8, 2012

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Surprisingly good production values. I'm impressed.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I may not understand a single thing they are saying but watching this is still making me incredibly hungry.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

A couple of local fans showed up! And... brought even more food.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I wish I could go and eat with them. Those snacks look good. Also, Abe is cooking for them.

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
The Italian speaking is just the best thing.

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

AfroGunsou posted:

The Italian speaking is just the best thing.

Buonooooooooooo!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

"Buono!"

It's the same hakata-style thin-noodle pizza made during the Pilotwings live. Next is the "ricebowl italiano."

Abe is unusually energetic. Kan and Inoue are seriously suspecting he's getting tipsy from the beer.

After a showcase of staff photos (I'll post those with explanations later), Abe's next dish came out. Oh, they're "riceBALL italiano."

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jun 8, 2012

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
Please tell me Inoko just did his terrible Beat Takeshi impression on someone's voice mail.

VVV Awesome. I laughed pretty hard when Kan busted out his impression immediately after.

Erwin Tuwonwon fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jun 8, 2012

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

Please tell me Inoko just did his terrible Beat Takeshi impression on someone's voice mail.

Yes, they tried calling Arino but he wouldn't pick up so Inoko MAX scolded him Beat Takeshi-style on his voice mail. Then Kan took the phone away and apologized.

Next, they tried calling Kibe but no answer. So Inoko MAX scolded him as Beat Takeshi, then Kan took the phone and... scolded him as Beat Takeshi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

makere
Jan 14, 2012
I've NEVER heard Abe talk so much.