Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raaachel
Jul 10, 2010

genesplicer posted:

Last week, I sent out a stack of greeting cards made by Mrs. Genesplicer to some of my Co-American goons. Tomorrow, 4 more of those cards go out (This time to my non-co-Canadian goons), plus 22 NASA-based postcards to places around the world (including the United States and Canada)!

Now that Summer Vacation has started, I have a bit of time to do some actual Genesplicer postcards!

I also have enough stamps so that everyone should be able to get one!

I received a lovely flamingo card to start off the summer! Thank you so much Mr & Mrs Genesplicer! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

miryei posted:

I've been having a really lovely week so far, and would really appreciate some goonmail.

On the plus side, I just sent Father's Day cards to three countries (two, if you don't count Canada) and have acquired a bunch of stamps for sending return mail to everywhere!

On the other hand, one of the reasons my week's been lovely so far is that some of my mail is possibly getting lost.

At least the weather here has been fairly nice! A few storms but it's been hot and humid which is nice for a change in Edmonton. Are you meaning mail that you're sending out or that's being sent to you? If the former, have you been actually going to the post office to send them and get them weighed there for proper postage?

miryei
Oct 11, 2011

cardboardRobot posted:

At least the weather here has been fairly nice! A few storms but it's been hot and humid which is nice for a change in Edmonton. Are you meaning mail that you're sending out or that's being sent to you? If the former, have you been actually going to the post office to send them and get them weighed there for proper postage?

The latter, unfortunately.

The weather's been beautiful, really cold in the mornings though, don't know what you mean about hot and humid. There haven't been any really violent storms, either. I kinda wish we had AC, though, for some reason we don't and it's always a lot warmer inside than outside, even with fans going and the windows open. That'll be nice in winter though, I suppose.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Oh man, I hope there's some mail coming my way. My calendar is looking really empty this month. :ohdear:

I have a few stamps and a ton of cards, so I think I'm going to send out some Junemas mail later this week. It may or may not be seasonally appropriate!

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

Thanks so much for the GoonMail folks! I was on vacation for over a week, so I'm just now going back through mail and will post pictures later.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I got a postcard from Team Lunch, commemorating the great work that the Wright Brothers did. However, what was amazing was the cat she drew on the back! I'm really impressed and cheered by this kitty, which will be displayed in my art museum/studio for all to see!

Thanks!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
I'm thinking of getting some neat stationary and writing letters/doing doodles in between calls and during training at work.

If this comes to pass, any takers?

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

cuntvalet posted:

I'm thinking of getting some neat stationary and writing letters/doing doodles in between calls and during training at work.

If this comes to pass, any takers?

I would definitely love that!

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

This newb claimed by ChlamydiaJones; remember, bad things happen in theaters sometimes.

What, what! My mailbox received father's day greetings from Thermophonic Joy! Thanks for the stickers and puzzles and tiny flag. I'ma stick that flag in some food, and claim it in the name of fair Canadia.

Now I know all about Europa thanks to Genesplicer's Nasa postcard. In answer to your question, there is life in Kansas City. I know this because other people have said so, but I'm on a mission to make sure my couch doesn't float away so I don't have firsthand experience.

I have (finally) completed and colored Cardboard Robot's extreme connect the dots! I busted out my Prismacolor pencils and spent my afternoon coloring away. I may have colored too much. My arm hurts a little. It was worth it.

I am so putting this on my fridge.

Yay!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Tinydryad posted:

What, what! My mailbox received father's day greetings from Thermophonic Joy! Thanks for the stickers and puzzles and tiny flag. I'ma stick that flag in some food, and claim it in the name of fair Canadia.

Now I know all about Europa thanks to Genesplicer's Nasa postcard. In answer to your question, there is life in Kansas City. I know this because other people have said so, but I'm on a mission to make sure my couch doesn't float away so I don't have firsthand experience.

I have (finally) completed and colored Cardboard Robot's extreme connect the dots! I busted out my Prismacolor pencils and spent my afternoon coloring away. I may have colored too much. My arm hurts a little. It was worth it.

Yay!
You're welcome! Also, your post made me giggle. A lot.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Tinydryad posted:

Yay!

Holy crap! That looks fantastic! That definitely deserves to be hung up

Turkish Delightful
Dec 20, 2006

kwak kwak
I've been horrible about keeping up on my thank you posts, so I thought I'd take a second to thank everyone who has sent me wonderful goon things. It's always such a nice surprise! Everything gets posted on my fridge, and trying to explain to people where it all came from has proven be interesting. I try to play it off like everyone gets mail from internet strangers.

So, again, thank you! I'll be sending out a new batch of cards soon!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a couple of lovely cards last week from Genesplicer and Team Lunch! I sent out some postcards for you guys a couple days ago, so I hope you get them soon.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Hi everyone, I'm here to say thanks for some mail I received from miryei (stamps!), raaachel (I love the card, and will use it), The Genesplicers (flamingos!) and Team Lunch (dinosaurs!):

My office is done moving, so there's a pile of outgoing mail you should start receiving soon!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Genesplicer and Co! I got your goonmail today and I'm always so jealous of all of the neat stuff you guys have/use to make your cards. I love it, thank you!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
Genesplicer! Thank you!

If only I could go 60 miles straight up. IF ONLY.
More FL stuff outbound.

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

genesplicer posted:

I got a postcard from Team Lunch, commemorating the great work that the Wright Brothers did. However, what was amazing was the cat she drew on the back! I'm really impressed and cheered by this kitty, which will be displayed in my art museum/studio for all to see!

Thanks!

Excellent! I'm glad you got it- and thank you for displaying it proudly!

I've sent out about 7 or so, and plan on doing lots more. If anyone has a request just ask :)

I will not be at my mailing address during the summer, but will check it around once a month- my apologies for delayed 'thank yous'.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Genesplicer!

Thank you for the lovely flamingo card. Flamingos always remind me of summer (and a flamingo wedding I saw once) so it made me feel very cheeful when I got your card! Please pass my appreciation on to your wife as well.

If anyone got a NASA post card, could you post a picture? I wanna seeeeee!!!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Team Lunch!!!!!

Thank you very much for the card! The puppy is impossibly cute. When I stop being a lazybum and get around to taking pictures, I'll post your masterpiece for everyone to see. I feel so special when people draw stuff for me. :ohdear: Thank you. I wish I could draw as well as you...

Edit: A cool lookin' card and some adorable stickers. Plus some propaganda from Team Lunch's hometown. (Awesomeness. Thank you. Having never traveled outside of Canada, I find this stuff endlessly fascinating.)

And is this not the cutest dog you've ever seen? :dance:

Also, here are the recent cards I received from Genesplicer, Raaachel, Niemat, Mizufusion, cuntvalet, miryei, and 13pandora13:

Thank you, guys! My room looks very festive with these everywhere!

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 29, 2017

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

Thanks so much for the postcard Genesplicer and for the GoonMail Lamb! I'm not sure if there was supposed to be more than this play money, but the envelope was completely open when it arrived. Yikes!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Andaley posted:

Thanks so much for the postcard Genesplicer and for the GoonMail Lamb! I'm not sure if there was supposed to be more than this play money, but the envelope was completely open when it arrived. Yikes!

Yeah, there was a bunch of stuff in there! What the hell? Those were security envelopes too. I am going to write a strongly worded letter to Staples :colbert:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Something magical happened the other day! I put a card in the mail for lamb, and the mailman brought me a letter from her on the same day! :neckbeard:

It was very festive and patriotic, and now I feel bad because the card I sent isn't nearly as sparkly. :ohdear:

Edited for pictures!

Awesome NASA postcard from Genesplicer, trippy card from Team Lunch, and tons of festive things from lamb!

The other sides of the cards, including an amazing drawing of a squid from Team Lunch!

Bees on Wheat fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 24, 2012

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
So, I appear to be out of Statue of Liberty in front of American flag postcards for Canada day, and also out of Canadian flag with snow postcards for Independence Day. :gonk: However, I'll send out some random mail anyway because why not?

Thanks genesplicer for the summery flamingo card!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

lamb thank you for the super fun summer mail! I love everything, especially the surfing monkey sticker!

I also love the hello kitty stickers on the envelope!!!! So cool!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
lamb!!

Thank you for the awesome goonmail! It kind of looked like mine had been opened and resealed, but there was a tonne of stuff in there, so I think it made it in one piece anyways. Maybe some curious postal worker was diggin' in there.

I've decided to stick the stickers all over my fiance's laptop the next time he leaves the house. :dance: He's gonna be so mad!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

The Pit Goddess

Thank you for the adorable watermelon card and the bottle opener! I got it just in time to inappropriately celebrate Canada day with a Florida bottle opener!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

cuntvalet posted:

The Pit Goddess

Thank you for the adorable watermelon card and the bottle opener! I got it just in time to inappropriately celebrate Canada day with a Florida bottle opener!

You're welcome! It may not actually open any bottles as it is from the truck stop :P

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Goon mail report!

Cards from Mizufusion, The Pit Goddess, and Genesplicer Genesplicer asks, 'What does the Starship Enterprise have in common with toilet paper?' Every proper goon should know the answer to this one.

Pit Goddess- your envelope was torn when it arrived, complete with a 'WE CARE' post office note, I hope nothing inside was lost. :ohdear:

Lamb sent all kinds of patriotic things:

And 1 MILLION NJ dollars!

Thanks everyone!

Glad you all are enjoying the cards I've sent! Will be sending more soon :)

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Team Lunch posted:

Glad you all are enjoying the cards I've sent! Will be sending more soon :)

I am still enjoying the crap outta your card. Thinking of making some address labels with that puppy on them... :buddy:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

thepitgoddess posted:

You're welcome! It may not actually open any bottles as it is from the truck stop :P

Only one way to find out, isn't there?

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
I've come to be pretty disappointed whenever a stat holiday rolls around... It always means Canada Post is taking the day off, and I won't get any goonmail. :unsmith:

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
I found a paper cutter on clearance, and then got mailed a large quantity of Tiffany's/Avon catalogs.

Would anyone like origami Tiffany's raptors and such? Some of the pages from these are really pretty and I couldn't just throw them out.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

miryei posted:

Tiffany's raptors

YES. :stare:

...and I'm hoping you mean the dinosaurs--although large, predatory birds are cool, too.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Thermophonic Joy

Thank you for the lovely postcard, coloring page, and stickers!

I will forever refer to myself as an ele-friend now! :3:

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

I want to give a big thank you to lamb for the card and stickers and everything, I'll have you know I wore the tattoos on the 4th of July for extra patriotism.

miryei
Oct 11, 2011

Niemat posted:

YES. :stare:

...and I'm hoping you mean the dinosaurs--although large, predatory birds are cool, too.

Sent.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

cuntvalet posted:

Thermophonic Joy

Thank you for the lovely postcard, coloring page, and stickers!

I will forever refer to myself as an ele-friend now! :3:

Yay, someone got my mail! Glad you liked it. I tried to unsubscribe from PETA again yesterday, so we'll see how that goes. :ohdear: Maybe they'll just send me more pamphlets and things like last time.

In other news, I hit up the Dollar Giant today and got a metric tonne of stuff to mail out. Yesssssss!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got mail from Thermophonic Joy today! That was much nicer than waking up to my neighbors screaming at each other. :ohdear:

I also got a card from Miryei the other day!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Mizufusion posted:

I got mail from Thermophonic Joy today! That was much nicer than waking up to my neighbors screaming at each other. :ohdear:

I also got a card from Miryei the other day!

I can't remember what I sent you. Hope you liked it! :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

I've decided if I ever change my username, I will change it to elefriend.