Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Is that Trophy? I love Trophy. Everyone loves Trophy. :3:

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jun 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.

Yawgmoth posted:

Okay here's an honest question or three: Why are GWS posters any less trustworthy than the first hit on google, or the morning show host you only watch because she has huge tits? We have a lot of people here who are professionals in the food and/or science industries. They know their poo poo.

Hey man, I don't make the rules. I'm not saying you're not trustworthy.

Yawgmoth posted:

And why shouldn't we ask "hey are you following that diet because a doctor told you or because you read it on dietz4u.com?" Honestly, if being asked questioned about your choices is going to scare you away from a forum, then you should probably reexamine those choices and why you made them. You should be ready to defend your opinions and choices at any time, not just in GWS. This isn't a massive task, it just requires a little metacognition.

Go ahead and ask. But there's no reason to be a jerk about it. That's all I'm saying.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Is that Trophy? I love Trophy. Everyone loves Trophy. :3:

That's Adora Belle (I call her Dor). She is an excellent kitty.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

cattepics?

cattepics.

Here is our new kitty, Myles, we just rescued a week and a half ago.

He is 8 mos old and we're trying to get him to get along with our other kitteh, Eva.

So far so good. Mostly just hissing and growling from Eva's end. No fighting or swiping (hopefully never). I think Myles just wants to play all the time and that just annoys Eva. :3:

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Sorry to spam. I know there are a lot of Californians in this subforum and I trust that everyone is properly informed about how dumb a foie gras ban is. Anyway, Imma put this here, sign if you want.

http://www.change.org/petitions/vive-le-foie-gras-libre-reverse-the-california-foie-gras-ban

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

KITTY

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Did you paint that kitty's toenails? :stare:

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
Like its owner, dat cat ain't eating eggs. For Shame, kitten.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Pester posted:

Did you paint that kitty's toenails? :stare:

It was clawing up my furniture so I put softpaws on it.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

That is a very pretty kitty. :3:

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Oh is it cattechat?

Drink and Fight fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 25, 2012

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I just spent over $1000 on a chair, and my cat Silenus is going to destroy it in under a week.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

it's like bapes for cats

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:

Pangurban is my handsome lil man.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Genghis loves all the toys she has now.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Scientastic posted:

Genghis loves all the toys she has now.

lol this is awesome.

wanna knock a bitch up now just to give my cat a toybed

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Happy Hat posted:

I have just finished off a bottle of recioto with my wife, a wine that is like an experienced concubine at a senior prom, looking upon the nervous girls who're about to lose their maidenheads to fumbling youths with half flasks hidden in the bushes, with a certain air of deep experience, and oozing experience from ever pore, giving an off an aura of raw sexuality and unopposable seductiveness that will lead to bodily harm at best and exhumed bodies at worst.

She (the wine) has tangoed with my olfactory organs, and from there has lodged herself right in my groin, much to my wife's benefit.

What I am saying is two things, one; this is really a good wine, and two; I am happy!

People should drink more recioto!

This is a very happy post. :hfive:

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Connie had a problem

And Dexter had a strange fetish

But after a stint at Dr. Drew's Catte Rehab (season 1), it's all good.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

dino. posted:

I'd say that many of the people I've met here have been perfectly nice. Happy Hat, and Potehto, and Halal, and the Charmmis, and MP. I think sometimes people forget that there's a real human on the other side of the screen, with actual feelings, and it doesn't feel very good to be on the receiving end of mean-ness. :(
dino., I'm in NYC en famille and wanted to swing by your restaurant to sample your wares and say hi: but you don't have PMs. What to do? You can email me on a little-used old account I have, therattle.geo at yahoo.com if you're interested.

Here is Stovetop
Feb 20, 2004

...instead of potatoes.

mindphlux posted:

whelp, I did it; booked tickets in October to Chicago. gonna try my best to get an Alinea reservation.

anyone got any chicago tips? restaurants to visit? cheap yet decently located places to stay?

I just wanted to say that I stayed at http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-2993-sofitel-chicago-water-tower/index.shtml while there on business once, and it was absolutely amazing. Fabulous service, room service was good. Giant man sized bath tub in the room as well. I would definitely stay with them again. Though I'm not sure how cheap you meant, I know the company paid about $150 a night for me, and it looks like it's about $50 more a night than that on average.

Here is Stovetop fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 25, 2012

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

Predator and prey. Gidget and a cardinal.

My 3 black kitties, Smudge (the 19 year old kitty in the foreground), Gidget, and Boomer. Gidget and Boomer are brother and sister.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
19? drat that's an old cat.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Found out on Friday my big dog has spinal degeneration. He's 8.

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

Manuel Calavera posted:

19? drat that's an old cat.

He's slow moving as hell, needs subcutaneous fluids every couple days, and pretty much likes to sit in sunbeams, sleep, and get petted until he sheds and drools all over you.

He's awesome.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
Making birthday brownie for reserve kid - 1.2 kg chocolate, 15 eggs, 400g butter, 1,2 kg sugar and 200g flour..

Holy poo poo - I am gonna make some kids fatter tomorrow!

Fat and happy!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Happy Hat posted:

Making birthday brownie for reserve kid - 1.2 kg chocolate, 15 eggs, 400g butter, 1,2 kg sugar and 200g flour..

Fat and happy!

15 eggs?! drat. And equal parts chocolate and sugar. Better than 3 sticks of butter. How many people are you expecting? Those seem like north of 50 people amounts.

VVVV That would explain it better. In my head it was coming together more like a... something that I can't even describe properly. Almost a custard (Yeah, a custard with no dairy, you idiot). That does sound pretty amazing though.

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 25, 2012

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

The chocolate is 80%, which is why I use the amount of sugar I do - oh - and I forgot the 100g cocoa powder and the 400g almonds.

Half will serve 24 kids (and then there will be leftovers for icecream :)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Happy Hat posted:

Fat and happy!

That sounds roughly like the brownie recpie I usually go by. Plenty of good chocolate, butter and sugar, plenty of eggs and barely any flour.

And a dash of vanilla, of course.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

:( I'm very sorry for your dog Mr. Wiggles. That's sucky news. Enjoy his company while you can.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Wiggles posted:

That sucks man. Big dogs are kinda heartbreaking in that way.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Drako is a hell of a dog. He's super affectionate to friends and neighbors, but very scary to outsiders. There was that time we got in the fight with the pit bull that was pretty memorable. And he saved my son from being swept away in the river when he was still a toddler, total Lassy stuff.

So I've got him some meds and here's to hoping that he can enjoy a few relaxing years of old age.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Drako is a hell of a dog. He's super affectionate to friends and neighbors, but very scary to outsiders. There was that time we got in the fight with the pit bull that was pretty memorable. And he saved my son from being swept away in the river when he was still a toddler, total Lassy stuff.

So I've got him some meds and here's to hoping that he can enjoy a few relaxing years of old age.
I hope all turns out ok. Having sick animals is heart-breaking.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Sorry to hear about that, Wiggles. That's terrible. :(

@Rattle: Email sent!

Worst. Person. Ever.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

dino. posted:

Worst. Person. Ever.

I really have no problem with chain restaurants like Fridays, they do what they do, it's not great food generally (I've never been to a Fridays admittedly) but it's fair enough if you like that sort of thing. But people like this I want to punch in their stupid loving faces. You all the way to Ecuador and ate in a Friday's 4 times? I hope they then ate a badly prepared Ceviche and had their bowels destroyed as punishment.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Aramoro posted:

I really have no problem with chain restaurants like Fridays, they do what they do, it's not great food generally (I've never been to a Fridays admittedly) but it's fair enough if you like that sort of thing. But people like this I want to punch in their stupid loving faces. You all the way to Ecuador and ate in a Friday's 4 times? I hope they then ate a badly prepared Ceviche and had their bowels destroyed as punishment.

I don't have a problem with Fridays, really, except that everything they serve there is SO OVERSEASONED. If you go there, I hope you really, really like salt!

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

dino. posted:

Worst. Person. Ever.

I know goon justice isn't technically allowed by forum rules, but can we deliver some sweet goon justice unto this guy? Surely there's a goon who works in a Fridays in Boston, MA.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Aramoro posted:

I.. suppose I could understand if they were there for like, 6 months or something. But I just know they weren't. That's just disappointing though. I know a vacation isn't you know, just food or anything like that, but.. god drat, you're in a really cool location! Go out and try stuff that's recommended to you!

It's like while we were in the hotel waiting to get the gently caress out of Okinawa. Some folks were just getting there and were asking the hotel check-in staff where to eat. Every time they suggested a local place they asked if they had "burgers" or "steaks" or "chicken fingers". :smith:

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I like reading TripAdvisor reviews of nice restaurants.

quote:

On asking for a glass of wine on arrival, the waiter begin to verbally list the wines by the glass, I then asked for a wine menu but the waiter would not provide one, and instead re-listed the 3-4 white wines on offer. Assuming this was all that was available, I asked for the chardonnay, and had 2 glasses over the course of the meal. It was not until we recieved the bill that we realised we had been charged $50

BinaryChef
Sep 19, 2006

mindphlux posted:

I know goon justice isn't technically allowed by forum rules, but can we deliver some sweet goon justice unto this guy? Surely there's a goon who works in a Fridays in Boston, MA.

I live and work in Boston so that's a start. I'll hunt him down. Though admittedly I ate at a jack in the box once while in Hilo, Hawaii. The next day I discovered Hawaiian BBQ and ended my healthy food choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I.. suppose I could understand if they were there for like, 6 months or something. But I just know they weren't. That's just disappointing though. I know a vacation isn't you know, just food or anything like that, but.. god drat, you're in a really cool location! Go out and try stuff that's recommended to you!

It's like while we were in the hotel waiting to get the gently caress out of Okinawa. Some folks were just getting there and were asking the hotel check-in staff where to eat. Every time they suggested a local place they asked if they had "burgers" or "steaks" or "chicken fingers". :smith:

This is like going to a starbucks in Rome..