Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
The channel has always existed in world, he's made plenty of references to uploading videos etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Observer33
May 29, 2011
Funny, Entry 59 is on Youtube. But they haven`t linked it into the twitter page yet and its been a while.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Observer33 posted:

Funny, Entry 59 is on Youtube. But they haven`t linked it into the twitter page yet and its been a while.

I would guess that Jay is not a happy bunny right now. Twitter is probably not his greatest priority.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

big mean giraffe posted:

The channel has always existed in world, he's made plenty of references to uploading videos etc.

Yeah, plus Alex yelled at Jay about "sharing [the tapes] with the world" when he had the gun pointed at them in Entry 52.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

big mean giraffe posted:

Yeah, I always assumed that the channel was intended to be a real world thing. Never really saw any evidence that it was supposed to be in series only.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Azraden posted:

I don't know, I could see this as motivation for Jay to actually get off his rear end and take some initiative.

The part where Tim accuses Jay of not doing anything is probably my favourite in this video, because what can Jay actually do? He's got incriminating evidence of Alex killing a person, sure. But that doesn't solve the supernatural stalker problem.

When Tim called out Jay on his inactivity, I really hoped he would counter by saying he's powerless to actually do anything.

Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 10, 2007

You have no fucking idea how hungry I am

HerpinAndDerpin posted:

It would jump the shark if this thread gets swept under the rug. An entry like this needs a follow up IMO, but I wont hold my breath.

Where does this thread supposedly lead us? As others have said, the channel has always existed in-universe, because otherwise it would've made zero in-universe sense every single time Jay said 'I will upload this or that'. Basically we've had a secret revealed about Tim, which is interesting, sure, but it's not exactly something Jay can be pro-active about.

So the only lead we're really left with is the hospital, and I'm sure Jay will return there, look around uselessly and wait for the plot to happen to him, as is par for the course with Marble Hornets. I'm not saying I didn't like the entry because I fuckin loved it, but it basically cleared the muddy waters over whether Tim was lying or genuinely amnesiac and that is all.

Observer33
May 29, 2011

Mitthrawnuruodo posted:

Where does this thread supposedly lead us? As others have said, the channel has always existed in-universe, because otherwise it would've made zero in-universe sense every single time Jay said 'I will upload this or that'. Basically we've had a secret revealed about Tim, which is interesting, sure, but it's not exactly something Jay can be pro-active about.

So the only lead we're really left with is the hospital, and I'm sure Jay will return there, look around uselessly and wait for the plot to happen to him, as is par for the course with Marble Hornets. I'm not saying I didn't like the entry because I fuckin loved it, but it basically cleared the muddy waters over whether Tim was lying or genuinely amnesiac and that is all.

Yeah, maybe now we`ll get an entry with Jay actually exploring that dark space in the abandonned hospital.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
I wonder why Jay didn't get the police involved when he saw the video of Alex murdering that guy? Sure, the Operator showing up in it makes it look like a hoax but he could've at least asked them to look at the guy's face and try to see if he'd been declared missing or something. It's something that's been a bit handwaved but at least acknowledged by other series: in EMH and Dark Harvest, the police have investigated but assumed it was a hoax, particularly in EMH when a dead body just disappeared, and left the protagonists on their own.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

Tim drives away angrily. Jay, quietly sobbing, looks into the camera and says in a cracked voice,

"Twas all for boners."

The End.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Stottie Kyek posted:

I wonder why Jay didn't get the police involved when he saw the video of Alex murdering that guy? Sure, the Operator showing up in it makes it look like a hoax but he could've at least asked them to look at the guy's face and try to see if he'd been declared missing or something. It's something that's been a bit handwaved but at least acknowledged by other series: in EMH and Dark Harvest, the police have investigated but assumed it was a hoax, particularly in EMH when a dead body just disappeared, and left the protagonists on their own.

Slenderman made him forget that police exist. :(

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Stottie Kyek posted:

I seem to remember a series of tweets where Jay was looking for missing person reports and came up empty. So he tried at least a little :shobon:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Great tag admins, thanks for caring so much about us.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Every thread in GBS has that tag right now.

e; at least the stuff that was on the first page at the time.

MeccaPrime fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 18, 2012

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Uh oh. Stay safe Jay!

Marble Hornets ‏@marblehornets
Going back to the abandoned hospital soon. Wish I wouldn't be doing it alone.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
I'm just going to say what we're all thinking:

I have a bad feeling that he won't be alone for long.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Dr. Benway posted:

I'm just going to say what we're all thinking:

I have a bad feeling that he won't be alone for long.

Yep, especially now that he's probably provoked Tim back into being Masky.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5rLxsvlVK8

New TTA: Reference

The audio's just Tim yelling at Jay from last entry.

BillNyeTheNaziSpy
May 28, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Thought it was completely black, when I went to pause it, I saw this

http://imgur.com/I9PZ9

It should also be noted, that I'm pretty blind and on a second viewing it's obvious.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Numbers at the end..

1912 85 41 89 1420 95 1811 199

Think I got all of them.

nny_ix
Apr 26, 2006

What?

I'm making things interesting!
Did anyone else catch it flash "Look to the Origins" in the static at the beginning?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Asciana posted:

Numbers at the end..

1912 85 41 89 1420 95 1811 199

Think I got all of them.

If you seperate all these clusters at the point where they can't be tied to another letter in the alphabet [i.e. 19 12 because there aren't 191 numbers in the alphabet] you get "19 12 8 5 4 1 8 9 14 20 9 5 18 11 19 9 1" or "S L H E D A H I N T I E R K S I A"

I'm pretty sure the anagram is supposed to be "A SHIELD IS IN THE ARK" but something different might be hidden in there instead. :spergin:

Timo
Jul 12, 2001

Suit up!

JordanKai posted:

If you seperate all these clusters at the point where they can't be tied to another letter in the alphabet [i.e. 19 12 because there aren't 191 numbers in the alphabet] you get "19 12 8 5 4 1 8 9 14 20 9 5 18 11 19 9 1" or "S L H E D A H I N T I E R K S I A"

I'm pretty sure the anagram is supposed to be "A SHIELD IS IN THE ARK" but something different might be hidden in there instead. :spergin:

AN IRISH LIKES DEATH.

Quick, which one is Irish? They all have memory problems, so it's difficult to surmise.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

JordanKai posted:

A SHIELD IS IN THE ARK...

Could be a reference to a mask waiting for Jay if our theory is correct, but if that was the case we would now know that "ark" doesn't refer to Alex. Also, could this Ark (if it's a place) be somewhere in that area that Jay didn't go earlier?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Timo posted:

AN IRISH LIKES DEATH.

Quick, which one is Irish? They all have memory problems, so it's difficult to surmise.

THE ARK IS IN ASH DELI

Lead us to the ark, it is in a deli that burned down.

Wait, Jay is looking for Jessica, right?

SHE IS LAID IN THE ARK

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 23, 2012

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

It's obviously one of two things:

A SHIN IS THREADLIKE

ORRRRRRR.....

HITLER IS A SKINHEAD :tinfoil:

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Angela Christine posted:

THE ARK IS IN ASH DELI

Wait, Jay is looking for Jessica, right?

SHE IS LAID IN THE ARK

Oh man I hope that's it, the Ark being a real thing that explains some of what's been happening here and TTA just genuinely wants Jay to take him there would be amazing.

Springtime Goddess
Sep 2, 2006

oh no i put a stupid title text here when i registered in 2006 please how do i change it i am not good with computer

JordanKai posted:

A SLENDER HAITI SIKH

Welp, Operator's backstory revealed! He seems too pale to be either Haitian or a Sikh, but TTA wouldn't lie!

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Does anyone else hear 'Stay out of the light' when the mask shows up at :17 - :18?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
It's "Stay out of my life," the audio was taken from the last entry.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

Angela Christine posted:

THE ARK IS IN ASH DELI

See, now I'm hungry for smoked meats.

Observer33
May 29, 2011

Angela Christine posted:

THE ARK IS IN ASH DELI

Sounds like a jingle for Subway Sandwiches.

"Subway: Eat Masked"

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Oh hey there was a new video and I didn't notice.

At this point I'm assuming that "the ark" is the abandoned building they keep going back to. I have absolutely no basis for this assumption but it seems right at this point unless something else happens.

Turpentine Caz
Oct 21, 2009

INITIATING KAYKE-EATING SOFTWARE
Seeing a new TTA is about a hundred times more tragic now I know that Tim's going to be waking up after making it (assuming it's his masked self that makes them, and it seems like a safe assumption at this point that he at least has a part in them) going "oh gently caress it's happened again".

Mitthrawnuruodo
Apr 10, 2007

You have no fucking idea how hungry I am

Turpentine Caz posted:

Seeing a new TTA is about a hundred times more tragic now I know that Tim's going to be waking up after making it (assuming it's his masked self that makes them, and it seems like a safe assumption at this point that he at least has a part in them) going "oh gently caress it's happened again".

Yeah, poor Tim. Jay is a dumbass.

In the meantime:

@MarbleHornets posted:

I'm fine, for those asking. Going back to the hospital Wednesday.

AND THEN

@MarbleHornets posted:

Of course I'm bringing a flashlight this time.

Guess there's another new entry coming soon.

Account Username
Dec 19, 2011

Did I leave the gas on?
Tim didn't mention the TTA responses when he did his search. I wonder if he found those and what is his reaction to the latest one.

So many questions. I'd ask him but I don't want to be punched in the face by some coughing dude.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Account Username posted:

Tim didn't mention the TTA responses when he did his search. I wonder if he found those and what is his reaction to the latest one.

So many questions. I'd ask him but I don't want to be punched in the face by some coughing dude.

It would be somewhat logical to conclude that watching the Youtube channel caused him to relapse and he's now in a period of memory loss.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

@kisraels1028 posted:

@marblehornets why not bring a person?

@MarbleHornets posted:

@kisraels1028 I have no one.

:(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm sure he could find a homeless dude and spot him a $20 to come with.

Speaking of which, where has Jay been getting money to eat and buy gas and poo poo for the past... 2 years?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Ad revenue.

• Locked thread