Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Rufo posted:

smiley culture

90s acid house tshirts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

i dunno the 1990s and acid house and t shirts are all pretty cool

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

E2M3 posted:

they fall under geek culture

geeks are often very horrible people and are often libertarians

excuse me i think you will find that geeks are usually nice guys and that anyone who does not think geeks are nice to be around is invariably a jock, a lazy minority, or a slut; furthermore,

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

E2M3 posted:

fat acceptance people
coincidentally, every fat person ive ever met falls into that 10% of fatties who just have "bad metabolism" and "really cant help it no matter how hard they try"

no its def not bc your a lazy oval office that stuffs his face with everything containing fat/sugar/salt within waddle reach

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

90s acid house tshirts

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

roboshit posted:

i dunno the 1990s and acid house and t shirts are all pretty cool

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

E2M3 posted:

same problem they go from "shame" to "managing in life" to "i am better than all of you my handicap is an ADVANTAGE"

tbf this is usually only a vocal minority of any given group.

within a given group, those people are just called assholes

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

roboshit posted:

i consider those sub-cultures of video gamer culture

which itself is a subculture of anime / hentai / body pillow with strategic placed hole culture

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Martin Luther had urges to curse God and Jesus, and was obsessed with images of "the Devil's behind".

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho

Sweevo posted:

i dunno...

deaf culture

you have deafness thrust upon you and it significantly changes how people react to you

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sniep posted:

hole culture

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Edge Case Sperglor posted:

you have deafness thrust upon you and it significantly changes how people react to you

celebrating that being deaf gives you a unique life experience is fine, wanting to artificially deafen your children is not fine

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

gooby on rails posted:

celebrating that being deaf gives you a unique life experience is fine, wanting to artificially deafen your children is not fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YN5Fdz1En0

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

dont sign your posts

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

gooby on rails posted:

wtf

wtf is wrong with people

christ

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Total Fat Guy posted:

wtf

wtf is wrong with people

christ

not sure about purposely deafening them, but an absolute fuckton of deaf people are seriously disappointed when their kids aren't deaf too

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
Acid horse was the best ministry side project

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

go to about 9 minutes in

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
i bet he thought he was really smart with that bait+switch lol

newsflash dude ur still the one who doesnt want kids being able to hear

yeah lol totally better to wait till 18 by which time its caused irreparable damage to their entire fuckin life

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pakled posted:

dont sign your posts

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Rufo posted:

i bet he thought he was really smart with that bait+switch lol

i meant the point where they decide to show off the pair of bloody cochleas that they removed from their child's head

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
body modification~

(baby)

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
its a pointless choice but if i needed to have a brain tumor removed and the doc had me decide between "risk to lose vision" or "risk to lose hearing" itd be vision all the way

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Batman The dark knight rises is creating theory's every where on the web and all i keep reading is trust Nolan. and batman will die. I haven't herd one theory saying Bruce will just get his back broke by bane and they will have a character take up the mantle as batman but not any batman. batman beyond cause if i remember watching this cartoon batman had his back broke. that is part of my theory that could be one reason why they show batman's mask. so john Blake could possibly take up the mantle. Nolan said he was doing no more batman movies never said anything about batman beyond movies. another thing is robin would have to fit in here cause in batman the animated series he meets bane when hes with robin. just like in the old batman movies bane was always introduced when batman was with robin. so could batman beyond play a role in this upcoming film. could night-wing. so i want people to stop saying batman will die cause he wont and i also want people to stop saying no robin and no new batman because for all you people know i could be wright and if in my case im right in your face everybody saying there stupid theory's that don't make sense. Post on this if you have a problem with my understanding theory that makes great sense.

This article should not be speedily deleted for lack of asserted importance because... (you shouldnt delete another one of my pages cause whoever is doing this you are being a dick i have not done anything wrong but give my oppinion on what could happen so i dont understand why you whant to delete my page tell me please and i will fix it so that is just one simple request.)

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Nice!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

oh no those horrible parents giving their kids back a sense nature tried to take away

also if you wait till youre 18 you will have a much harder time adapting and learning compared to a kid getting implants at like 5

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

ymgve posted:

oh no those horrible parents giving their kids back a sense nature tried to take away

also if you wait till youre 18 you will have a much harder time adapting and learning compared to a kid getting implants at like 5

did you turn on some kind of "opposite day" proxy?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Resplendent Spiral posted:

did you turn on some kind of "opposite day" proxy?

did you watch the end of the video

he basically says "you think it's horrible for someone to turn their kid deaf, it's just as horrible for someone to put wiring in their non-consenting kids heads to make them hear again" and suggests people wait till theyre 18

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
also counterpoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTzTt1VnHRM

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
here's a good reason to give your kid the ability to hear: music

also: traffic

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
whenever i feel like life sucks and there is no hope and technology is just poo poo used to suck intelligence out of us i go watch that video of the girl hearing her own voice for the first time

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i went to read about cochlear implants

quote:

The discovery that electrical stimulation in the auditory system can create a perception of sound occurred around 1790, when Alessandro Volta (the developer of the electric battery) placed metal rods in his own ears and connected them to a 50-volt circuit, experiencing a jolt and hearing a noise "like a thick boiling soup".

RIP badass scientists

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

gooby on rails posted:

i talked to some deaf idiot a while ago who got megaoffended when I said that the government should give all deaf children hearing implants for free and also that being deaf is pretty much the same as being blind.

he got really mad that children would no longer be forced to grow up unable to communicate with most people; and said that BLIND PEOPLE DONT EVEN HAVE A CULTURE WE DO RARGRLE RARGLE

he also thought the idea of teaching everyone sign languague, hearing or deaf alike, is offensive lol

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
also he said deaf people don't have anything broken; but blind people do.

lol

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Install Gentoo posted:

also he said deaf people don't have anything broken; but blind people do.

lol

that's some impressive cognitive dissonance

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

blind people have an incredible culture. look up the invention of braille, it's motherfucking insane

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

There has been an increasing rise in the prevalence of gamers living together to save costs through sharing utilities and physical resources. Whether they are a part of a clan, guild, or other online association costs can be shared so that more time can be spent gaming. Current eSports titles that feature competitive online-play, such as LeagueofLegends, have been increasingly referring to this form of communal living as the 'game-house', as shared by Reginald from TSM gaming.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i once almost got in a fight over a pub quiz when a pivotal question was something like "after english, which language is spoken in the most countries?" and the supposed answer was sign language even though it's not "spoken" nor is it the same language in all countries

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Sweevo posted:

i once almost got in a fight over a pub quiz when a pivotal question was something like "after english, which language is spoken in the most countries?" and the supposed answer was sign language even though it's not "spoken" nor is it the same language in all countries

it's not technically a language

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sweevo posted:

that's a really terrible question anyway because i'll bet all 6 of the official united nations languages have native speakers in every country in the world, so even if sign language does have speakers users in every country, at best it is a tie

i mean come on, 1/5 of the world is chinese, every country in the world is virtually guaranteed to have at least one speaker of chinese