Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jzmisgoo posted:

SO I got this in the mail a couple days ago

It's just a generic trucker hat, It's really well made and the material used is EXTREMELY comfy. only $20 all together. Fits well with my collection of other hats I have.

Some guy made it on Zazzle, if anyone else wants the link I'll post it

Yes, please. It's immediately recognizable to anyone familiar to the show and completely innocuous to anyone who isn't. It's perfect.

Also I need a hat. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Jzmisgoo posted:

SO I got this in the mail a couple days ago

It's just a generic trucker hat, It's really well made and the material used is EXTREMELY comfy. only $20 all together. Fits well with my collection of other hats I have.

Some guy made it on Zazzle, if anyone else wants the link I'll post it

I also got this hat. I only paid $12.29 for mine though. :smug: It's a pretty nice hat but a little big on me. I'd post a pic but I don't have a camera. Here's the hat if anybody wants one:

http://www.zazzle.com/2nd_hat-148714777896105181

Dyatlov Bass
Apr 16, 2012

by Fistgrrl
I was trying to find a video of Mabel making the pelican tell a joke at the end of the episode with the animatronic lake monster, but found another thing: click

God, I love this show. Having little siblings pays off when they introduce you to stuff like this and A:TLA. While I thought the latest one was a little lowbrow what with the "disposable" camera gag, I just about lost my poo poo when Soos did his bigfoot impression, 'cause I got the reference. The beavers, while dumb, were so drat adorable ("I am still a beaver!").

Dyatlov Bass fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Jul 4, 2012

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Episode 4 owned pretty hard. Gideon gives me the willies something fierce.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Ignimbrite posted:

Episode 4 owned pretty hard. Gideon gives me the willies something fierce.

Wait, how did you see the fourth episode already?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
It's On Demand I think.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I have Xfinity and I can't find it anywhere.

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

This show just keeps getting better and better, I especially loved "They even have their own Soos!" *cuts to janitor with nametag that says 'Deuce'* That had me giggling like an idiot for about 30 seconds.

Also, Thurop van Orman! :dance:

edit: god drat it, I just got this new avatar without spotting w00tmonger's first. :( I'm not trying to steal your thing, I swear!

an_mutt fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 4, 2012

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Any indication of how you guys saw episode 4 would be greatly appreciated, since I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Occupation posted:

Any indication of how you guys saw episode 4 would be greatly appreciated, since I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I saw it via a friend's stream of the show (Which is also how I found out about the show to begin with), but I have no idea where he got it from.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So.....do we have enough episodes for a quote thread yet?

I thought episode 4 was better than episode 1 or 3 and just slightly better than episode 2. However Gideon reminds me of that fat kid from Johnny Test, which scares me if he's going to be the main antagonist.

He has the same motivation as that Test character who's name escapes me, which is just "I WANT TO DATE YOUR SISTER" and "I HAVE MORE MONEY THAN THE PROTAGONISTS". So the reason why it scares me is that it could really grow stale in future episodes if he's not developed more or maybe goes insane or something. I just feel that he shouldn't be featured regularly because he doesn't seem to have much going for him other than this one episode.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
The third episode is clearly the best. Can't beat a Red Dawn reference and Wax Larry King voiced by Larry King. :colbert:

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
LLAMAS ARE NATURE'S GREATEST WARRIORS.

I like that they remembered that Sherlock Holmes is a southpaw. Was that Elizabeth Bathory, too, with the axe?

I laughed harder than I should've at the name of the last gnome.

Tartarus Sauce fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 4, 2012

Andrei Ulmeyda
Feb 9, 2008
Texas Bronco

Poultron posted:

I also got this hat. I only paid $12.29 for mine though. :smug: It's a pretty nice hat but a little big on me. I'd post a pic but I don't have a camera. Here's the hat if anybody wants one:

http://www.zazzle.com/2nd_hat-148714777896105181

The link doesn't seem to work for me, I would also love a hat like this as well, it's so cool.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Andrei Ulmeyda posted:

The link doesn't seem to work for me, I would also love a hat like this as well, it's so cool.

It doesn't seem to be on Zazzle anymore. Perhaps it was taken down? I can't find it anymore.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The third episode is clearly the best. Can't beat a Red Dawn reference and Wax Larry King voiced by Larry King. :colbert:

I think I missed the Red Dawn reference. :smith:

Jzmisgoo
Sep 15, 2007

Jzm IS goo!!

Poultron posted:

It doesn't seem to be on Zazzle anymore. Perhaps it was taken down? I can't find it anymore.

Seems like the guy got paranoid about Disney suing him so he took it down, or people complained it was on the wrong style hat. But he posted the images he used for them so you can make your own!

Tree

And the brown star if you are so inclined

Jzmisgoo fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 5, 2012

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE
Seventeen disposable cameras. Yes. They should have sold the photos to the newspaper anyway. That's what Stan would have done.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Hockles posted:

I think I missed the Red Dawn reference. :smith:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_S1F1Zha_k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tartarus Sauce posted:

LLAMAS ARE NATURE'S GREATEST WARRIORS.

I like that they remembered that Sherlock Holmes is a southpaw. Was that Elizabeth Bathory, too, with the axe?

I laughed harder than I should've at the name of the last gnome.

I figured it was Lizzie Borden?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Pick posted:

Totally Lizzie Borden.

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Jazu posted:

Seventeen disposable cameras. Yes. They should have sold the photos to the newspaper anyway. That's what Stan would have done.

yeah the contest was for strange things, and if a giant mechanical sea monster doesn't count as strange than what does?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I never connected that as a Red Dawn reference, I just sort of assumed it was in the lexicon of cliches.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Pick posted:

Oh, right, thanks. That's who I meant. Got my Lady Killers mixed up ;).

Bathory bathed in virgin blood, Lizzie Borden gave her mother forty whacks!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh man, that fourth episode. Did anyone catch the Twin Peaks reference? The Club looking exactly like the red room? That almost made me jump. Great place to meet a little man.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE
Fun fact: if you start throwing big chunks of wax into a fireplace, it burns like a motherfucker. You'll get some BLUE flames, son.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I was looking up Gravity Falls on YouTube and somebody had uploaded a clip of the unaired pilot, which had a different (awful) animation style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X1KxUl2Pxo

It's neat how Mabel is practically unchanged in the final version while Grunkle Stan is a completely different character.

Farbtoner fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 6, 2012

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Where is the fourth episode? I've looked every day at the On Demand Disney section and it's only got the first three.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Thunder Hammerfist posted:

Where is the fourth episode? I've looked every day at the On Demand Disney section and it's only got the first three.

It's not on On Demand for every cable provider. Someone posted the provider they were using earlier, and I don't remember what exactly the name was, but it wasn't a big name cable company.

E: The name of the cable company was iO

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Neil Cicierega just posted a couple of his unused Gravity Falls themes to his tumblr. Since I'm not sure if they're hosted anywhere else, here are the links:

http://neilcicierega.tumblr.com/post/26581987556

http://neilcicierega.tumblr.com/post/26584833238

I'm not a huge fan of the first one, but the second one is more what I would expect out of Cicierega. Very catchy, fast-paced song. Frankly I still think the theme song we got is the best it could have been, but I know these were mentioned earlier in the thread and they're here now!

EDIT: if someone can find another host for these I'll edit this post because gently caress tumblr's music player is awful

Poultron fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 6, 2012

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

JackGeneric posted:

It's not on On Demand for every cable provider. Someone posted the provider they were using earlier, and I don't remember what exactly the name was, but it wasn't a big name cable company.

E: The name of the cable company was iO

Ah, okay. It wasn't on Comcast.

Poultron posted:

I'm not a huge fan of the first one, but the second one is more what I would expect out of Cicierega. Very catchy, fast-paced song. Frankly I still think the theme song we got is the best it could have been, but I know these were mentioned earlier in the thread and they're here now!

They're both pretty good, but man, do I love the actual theme. It's perfect for the adventurin' parts of the show, with some mysterious aspects in the song. It's a very good theme.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Thunder Hammerfist posted:

Ah, okay. It wasn't on Comcast.

They're both pretty good, but man, do I love the actual theme. It's perfect for the adventurin' parts of the show, with some mysterious aspects in the song. It's a very good theme.

Yeah, even if you like these songs, it's pretty obvious why they didn't go with them. The one they ended up using is just too perfect.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Poultron posted:

Yeah, even if you like these songs, it's pretty obvious why they didn't go with them. The one they ended up using is just too perfect.

It's my phone's ringtone and drat if it doesn't give me a big, goofy smile every time.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I've got to agree. Neil's proposed themes aren't bad, but the theme the show got just completely blows them out of the water. It just perfectly encapsulates everything great about the show.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I know we aren't even five episodes in, but I've decided that the best minor character in this show is that little guy that is always cheering Manley Dan on.

"Get 'em, Get 'emmm!"

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
I just watched the first episode and I'm already in love. The animation, voice acting, writing and music in this show are all fantastic.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I just came over here from the SYAC thread of all things. I'm now in love with this show, it's amazing and the gifs that come out of it are great.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

goon.gif

Hockles posted:

While you guys start discussing the show this week, I am going to sit here and take a long slow drink of this coffee.

I love these cops.

"City booooy! City booooy!"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Haha, they scaled themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Glitterbomber posted:

Haha, they scaled themselves.

That joke didn't land for me until the car crash sound effect, at which point it was gold.

• Locked thread