Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Leperflesh posted:

Hey Jamie,

I need genders for all of these, for the spreadsheet, please. Whenever you can get to it.

The dwarfing list is now updated: you've skipped GNU Order, Chickenfrogman, Kaboom Dragoon, Baron La Croix, and APinAP. I'll highlight their cells to make it easier to spot them for the next wave.

I'd actually missed noting down APinAP, La Croix, and Kaboom Dragoon. Shall edit them in toute suite (already noted APinAP). Apologies for that.

EDIT: Edited in, also edited in Tirius, who I also totally missed. Organisation: I am the bestest at this!

Internet Kraken posted:

So my two soldiers are a teenager that can barely hold a crossbow straight and an incredibly old man that could keel over 3 years from now. Fun times.

There are potentially other archers, but for now... yeah... most of the dorfs that turned up and were even vaguely qualified for the military were melee-tastic. Still, you know what they say... There's only one way out of the One Way Outs!

JamieTheD fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Internet Kraken posted:

So my two soldiers are a teenager that can barely hold a crossbow straight and an incredibly old man that could keel over 3 years from now. Fun times.

We have Volksgrenadiers! This can only end well!

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Internet Kraken posted:

Let me highlight some of the most important facets of my dwarf for you.

He is fat.
His cobalt eyes are sunken. His skin is pale pink.
He is slow to heal and quick to tire.
He has an amazing memory and a quick intellect, but he has a meager kinesthetic sense and poor spatial senses.
He is often nervous. He lacks confidence. He often touches others during conversations when he's excited.

Gentlemen, this is possibly the gooniest, spergiest dwarf that there ever was.

And you handed him a weapon?

(Note: Yes, I did specifically request a marksdwarf. Hopefully this dwarf will have time to get trained before combat, else I'm liable to have an asthma attack and die on the spot.)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
First notes about the migrants:

Zaodai and i poo poo trains are brothers.
Zaodai was born in 168, i poo poo trains in 216 they are the only children of Rigoth Shootgear and Ingiz Flagkeys. Both of their parents are still alive.

SirPenguin's wife was killed by Brush Titan Galel Snarlsuns the Mint Clouds in 124. They had no children.
Galel was struck down in 175 by dwarf Lorban Hazetour, a member of another civilization.
Galel was a toweing humanoid composed of mud. It had a pair of long antennae and had an austere look about it. Also it shot webs.

More to come.

Oh and could you post the last names of these so I can track them:

quote:

Hutter, female Glassmaker and Fisherdwarf (more useful than the other one)
NineOfEight, female Glassmaker (Useless sod)
Tunicate, male Miner and Milker
Vorpal Swordfish, female Stone Crafter

Kennel fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 11, 2012

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Well being a fishery worker is good training for getting to join the military. Knife goes in, guts come out. :chef:

I notice that I'm in my late 60s, how old do dwarves hypothetically live to if they don't get ripped in half by a werewolf werehyena or drown in a mud puddle while getting a drink? Are they fantasy dwarves that live into their hundreds or more on the human age range?

Either way, I probably won't live long enough for it to be an issue. Going to die the way every dwarf should: completely tanked and fighting the never-ending armies of darkness.

Oh, and does the fact that my dwarf has poor spatial awareness mean he gets a penalty to his fighting skills? Seems like that might hurt in a swordfight. :ohdear:

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011
The werehistory was great! Man, Legends mode stuff is my favorite part of DF.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Zaodai posted:

I notice that I'm in my late 60s, how old do dwarves hypothetically live to if they don't get ripped in half by a werewolf werehyena or drown in a mud puddle while getting a drink? Are they fantasy dwarves that live into their hundreds or more on the human age range?

Random number betweer 150 and 170 years. SirPenguin is 147 so he has a good chance to die non-violently (and miss Dwarfhalla).

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Zaodai posted:

Well being a fishery worker is good training for getting to join the military. Knife goes in, guts come out. :chef:

Either way, I probably won't live long enough for it to be an issue. Going to die the way every dwarf should: completely tanked and fighting the never-ending armies of darkness.

Oh, and does the fact that my dwarf has poor spatial awareness mean he gets a penalty to his fighting skills? Seems like that might hurt in a swordfight. :ohdear:

IIRC dwarves live to about 160 years of age, about twice the lifespan of humans.

The low spatial awareness does mean a penalty to fighting skills, I think, but it's probably not significant.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Kennel posted:

Zaodai was born in 168, i poo poo trains in 216 they are the only children of Rigoth Shootgear and Ingiz Flagkeys. Both of their parents are still alive.

One brother is 48 years older than the other? :aaa:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zaodai posted:

Dwarves by default are:
[MAXAGE:150:170]

This means that they will not die of old age before the age of 150, and they will always die of old age before they reach 171. Lepermod doesn't change these values.

quote:

Yes.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Kennel posted:

SirPenguin's wife was killed by Brush Titan Galel Snarlsuns the Mint Clouds in 124. They had no children.
Galel was struck down in 175 by dwarf Lorban Hazetour, a member of another civilization.
Galel was a toweing humanoid composed of mud. It had a pair of long antennae and had an austere look about it. Also it shot webs.

More to come.

Hutter Udibicum, NineOfEight Ezumnicat, Tunicate Idoslor, Vorpal Swordfish Dastotadril.

Update will be posted in about an hour from now, gonna get some food and a cup of tea first.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!
Yay! Last one of the migration wave. And i'm a tanner. I guess I'll have a long and quiet life, barring some sporadic reanimation of buthcered parts event.

Can we eventually get a personality/description dump for the rest of the dwarfs?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Thanks, everybody who answered my questions.

Looks like I'm going to be a poor knockoff of Zatoichi. Except instead of being a blind swordsman, I'll be a swordsman who has perfect vision but no idea what the gently caress is going on around him. Fair trade! :hist101:

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Magrov posted:

Yay! Last one of the migration wave. And i'm a tanner. I guess I'll have a long and quiet life, barring some sporadic reanimation of buthcered parts event.

Can we eventually get a personality/description dump for the rest of the dwarfs?

I can hopefully do this before a) more migrants arrive, and b) my term ends. Possibly tomorrow, we'll see how it goes. For now, though... FUD!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I can understand why many dwarves waste their time praying to false gods. Though it is ultimately a pointless act, they at least find some comfort in pretending that some higher power is watching over and assisting them. If I were a religious man I'd certainly be praying for help, as I have been given the task of forming worthless dwarves into powerful soldiers.

I am glad that the new overseer JimmyTheD has taken the fight to evil, rather than having us cower behind closed doors like Leperfish did. This is likely to be even more pointless than I thought though, as the capital is sending us gently caress all in the way of help. I had hoped they would send strong, able dwarves to help us fight the undead, but of course they didn't because that would make sense. Instead I have been told to command a decrepit old man and a fat kid. Dwarves of my age are often regarded as being old, which makes SirPenguin ancient as he has somehow lived 147 years. He can barely stay focused on a conversation, let alone fire a crossbow properly. Looks like he will just keel over and die any day now. Yet he is somehow not the worst recruit, that award going to Olesh, possibly the most pathetic dwarf I have ever seen. He is fat, lazy, weak, and all around useless. The mere mention of strenuous labor causes him to complain endlessly and I often find him watching kittens play rather than training. Perhaps he will be useful as a distraction, as all that fat will no doubt take some time for a beast to chew through.

I doubt a goblin slave master could make respectable soldiers out of these dwarves, and I am supposed to lead them against creatures of the night? Is this whole fort just a loving joke to the nobles?

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Overseer Diary 28th Slate - 5th Hematite

28th Slate, 273

We must move on. Beds are short, wood for charcoal is short, and we have lost one of our own. Nomikos is allowed to retrieve the corpse of her child, and a bronze sarcophagus is set for construction. We shall not forget this child, lost to us so soon!

We have also made plans to create better living space, especially for the married couples of the fort, and simple cots for those who are not yet worth better living quarters. It's somewhat spartan, but for now, it's quantity we need, not quality. Statues are to be constructed to give our dwarves a reason to be in the fresh air once in a while (cave adaptation would not serve us well), and we still await the copper grates we need to begin the Mister.

Meanwhile, hunting and fishing have been allowed for the moment, although everyone shall be ordered indoors should the murk reappear. Although I somehow doubt we're going to find fish in stillwater...

7th Felsite

Work progresses, but Leperfish has been possessed!

He claims the Mason's workshop (putting the statue project on hold), and roams the halls. He takes three large chunks of malachite, and begins construction. Life in the fortress goes on, even with Leperfish's dead eyed stare and ceaseless toil.

13th Felsite

An elven caravan arrives. We have next to nothing to trade at the moment, save statues and junk, but we shall work something out, I'm sure. Our finished goods bins are moved, in case there's anything useful in there we can trade for booze and food. We have no other real needs at the moment.

14th Felsite

How... interesting. Leperfish has come out of his trance, and created... a malachite floodgate. I must sit back and think on this... is it an omen that the Mister is approved of by Ngalak? He claims something spoke to him as he slept, naming it Nethtalinsokan, the Balanced Drum-Phrases. Of course, he has no memory of how he crafted the thing, so he has learned nothing except more respect for the spiritual (which he had in spades anyway). Great.

15th Felsite

The Elven Caravan has arrived, and Nettle Soup is ordered to come to the depot to trade... but not too quickly. Elves are to be kept waiting, only dwarves are to be punctually served.

17th Felsite

We trade away our limestone crafts and some cloth for food, some extra clothing, some of their wooden armour (which is comparable to leather, from what I recall, and thus useful), and some sand, just to give the glassmakers something to feel useful about. They tried to get us to give them one of our copper chains, but Nettle Soup held fast... metal is not for the elves to have from us!

Meanwhile, the living quarters are mostly complete, although one finds it hard to tell, with all that sand (note to self: discover if crimes against art is a charge that can be levelled against mapmakers)... rooms are assigned, and the living space crisis is handled... for now. Doors are installed in the “shared quarters”, and I take the first single bed available. The rest will have to drat well wait!

21st Felsite

John Charity Springs is finally interred. Over time, we shall improve his tomb, smoothing the stone and engraving it. We shall do no less for the first of our own to fall by the wayside. I keep saying that, and I worry that I myself was possessed, or at least driven, by the ghost of this child somehow.

In the meantime, we have the copper grates we need, have almost finished work on some more weapons, and shall begin work on the pumping components for the Mister.

We have a small aboveground farm for Prickle Berries at the moment, as they make a fine wine. We shall expand this where we can, but for now, it suffices. It also helps that, miracle of miracles, our dwarves have actually been able to find fish! VARIETY, I MISSED YOU! We're low on wood, but that's fine, as we now have two or three woodcutters to deforest the area faster than ever!

27th Felsite

Ohoho! Our first Kobold thief. The Stormy Lancers are sent to murder this piece of filth. They probably won't catch him, but he was spotted before he could become a threat, and that is good enough!

LATER

Blast, turns out he escaped, but he didn't have anything of value on him that anyone saw, so we're happy enough. Can't wait for the dogs to be trained, we'll have some war hounds guarding our front gates soon enough! Perhaps I should mention to the next overseer that this might be a good idea. Warhounds do wonders against Kobold thieves!

5th Hematite

Well, we're on our way, and we even have a new food coming to the fort courtesy of Geri Khan.

Mmmm, a delicious dwarven favourite! I shall write to you once more once the Mister begins construction, and the tomb of John Charity Spring is completed. Strike the earth, you Ugath poxed conman!

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

JamieTheD posted:

We trade away our limestone crafts and some cloth for food, some extra clothing, some of their wooden armour (which is comparable to leather, from what I recall, and thus useful), and some sand, just to give the glassmakers something to feel useful about. They tried to get us to give them one of our copper chains, but Nettle Soup held fast... metal is not for the elves to have from us!

Isn't there already sand on the site?

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Kennel posted:

More to come.

Ah, I suspect the saves have differed somewhat in history somehow, because, while many of the basics are correct, my save's legends mode says different things.

For example, it would appear that Zaodai and I poo poo Trains are indeed brothers, but they're both children of Inod Chainlabored and Iteb Ponderedmachine. The dates of birth are indeed correct, however, and they now serve together in the Stormy Lancers.

The SirPenguin stuff is all correct, and, to whet your whistles, here's some stuff.

Stuff

JimmyTheD had a husband, Eshtan Helmsguild, and poor Eshtan got ambushed regularly by Zakosp Umbranights the Ashen Crypts of Burying (a vile woman) for 6 years, whereupon he was finally slain. JimmyTheD and Eshtan had been together for only a year, so presumably, I'm a single mum. Zakosp still lives, so I might make a history thing about that!

Zaodai's wife, Tirius, had some troubles at 11 years old, having been attacked by Zaneg Silveryswallows, a were-sloth. Luckily, she was not recorded as being bitten.

Anyways, I'll post some more dorf personalities, etc tomorrow, and maybe an update. Either way, there'll definitely be an update Friday, and it should be a long 'un.

LeJackal posted:

Isn't there already sand on the site?

There is, but I needed a (flimsy) excuse. It was the two bags of sand, or another pair of (excellent) socks. I went for the sand because I was feeling lazy.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Why are we using copper to make grates?! Arms and armor, sir, arms and armor!

I'll just assume this was a clerical error on the purchase order. This time.

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011
Once the fortress walls start getting engraved, I'd be interested in seeing what kinds of things are being depicted!

Let's churn out statues until we get a depiction of John Charity Spring's death, and then plop that out in front of the main entrance.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

God drat, Loden Taylor's music is so god drat great. I remember at the end of Gemclod, Sirocco made this huge fantastic finale that sampled all of the songs he'd posted so far. I think that piece, more than any of the epilogues, extra endings, reclaimings and all, was the truly perfect ending to Gemclod. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the music that will be made by all of you guys.

The piece in question, hopefully it will induce a little nostalgia in some of you:
http://gemclod.goondorfs.net/Update%20263/index3.html

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

JamieTheD posted:

Ah, I suspect the saves have differed somewhat in history somehow, because, while many of the basics are correct, my save's legends mode says different things.

For example, it would appear that Zaodai and I poo poo Trains are indeed brothers, but they're both children of Inod Chainlabored and Iteb Ponderedmachine. The dates of birth are indeed correct, however, and they now serve together in the Stormy Lancers.

No no, I'm just tired and messing things up. Rigoth and Ingiz were actually their grandparents.

Here's some familytrees:

(Blue = King/Queen, Purple = Priest, Red = General, Green = Hunter, Teal = Mayor, Orange = Monster slayer)

SirPenguin

Kaboom

Olesh (what a great last name)

Geri Khan

Senae

Apeynap, Zaodai and Tirius

I probably missed some of the new ones but most of them hadn't other historical relatives then their parents. Anyway, feel free to request more information about your dwarf.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 11, 2012

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Olesh posted:

Let me highlight some of the most important facets of my dwarf for you.

He is fat.
His cobalt eyes are sunken. His skin is pale pink.
He is slow to heal and quick to tire.
He has an amazing memory and a quick intellect, but he has a meager kinesthetic sense and poor spatial senses.
He is often nervous. He lacks confidence. He often touches others during conversations when he's excited.

Shiv Katall
Feb 11, 2008
Rape knows no boundaries

JamieTheD posted:

Slick Slinky Signukadol, male Child.

Can I get more info regarding my dwarf please. I got a series of journals I have ready to go and I need what info I can to finish up. But, since it seems I came with no parents it is going to be perfect.

If you can pm as much of it as possible, that would be great so I can twist my story into it.

Thank you.

Shiv Katall fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 11, 2012

Tirius
Aug 16, 2007

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.

Kennel posted:

Anyway, feel free to request more information about your dwarf.

If you don't mind digging around in legends mode a bit more I'd love to hear more about my dwarf's encounter with a were-creature at the age of 11.

Also, great work with the archival research Kennel, really enjoying your historical background posts. It's doing a lot to flesh out the dwarves and make them feel more alive.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Date Unknown, found on a broken piece of rock hauled into the first masonry.

The new dwarves are settling in, and I've been digging out bedrooms. Bedrooms are good, I've heard of too many forts that have gone without, due to either the overseer having "more important" projects in mind or just due to sheer bad planning. Normally those projects are not for the better of the dwarves around them either, and the talk of beautiful water moving machines, cavernous halls and and industry unnerve me for just this reason. I will dig these bedrooms all the faster and do what I can to make sure there are beds for all, what little it may be.

The undead horror outside the gates was dispatched, who by, nobody knows, and rumours abound. But one of the armsdwarves came back a few weeks ago, her child still in her arms and the howls of the monster that did it still ringing through the halls. We have been watching her antics during the dark periods, but she has so far shown no madness other than that common to the newly bereaved.

I dug out a room for the little one and hope that the loss will scar over with time. A mark left on the skin of the dwarf that is this fortress, reminding us of our mistakes.

My break is over and I don't know why I scribed this down, but now I shall smash this rock and carry onwards. There are bedrooms to dig!

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 12, 2012

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Die Zombie Die posted:

Can I get more info regarding my dwarf please. I got a series of journals I have ready to go and I need what info I can to finish up. But, since it seems I came with no parents it is going to be perfect.

If you can pm as much of it as possible, that would be great so I can twist my story into it.

Thank you.

Got no PMs, wish I did, but I'll put your description up now, then put it in the update tomorrow (should be tomorrow, anyways, got my last flat inspection, and I need to get poo poo done)

Ladies and gents: Slick Slinky.

EDIT: Also? Nettle Soup, that was bloody brilliant! In fact, both of today's journal entries were drat good!

GrabbinPeels
Jan 3, 2010

I only regret not giving up sooner.

Black Griffon posted:

God drat, Loden Taylor's music is so god drat great. I remember at the end of Gemclod, Sirocco made this huge fantastic finale that sampled all of the songs he'd posted so far. I think that piece, more than any of the epilogues, extra endings, reclaimings and all, was the truly perfect ending to Gemclod. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the music that will be made by all of you guys.

The piece in question, hopefully it will induce a little nostalgia in some of you:
http://gemclod.goondorfs.net/Update%20263/index3.html

I still have an album on my iPod of all his overseer themes in order with this at the end, they're just fantastic.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Journal Entry 1, Journey.

The nobles in the mountainhomes think me mad for my preparations, they believe the stories of the murder-carp to be only myth. But I know better. The carp will come for us if we do not take the fight to them first, and so I train. I've wandered into the surrounding hills as often as my tolerance for nature will allow to practice my fishing, and with it my fish butchery. By the banks of many streams and lakes I have dragged the aquatic fiends to land and split them with my blade in plain view of the others. We must send a message to these finned foes that we are watching, and we are ready.

I train with sword and shield, rod and lure, so that I might save my fellow dwarves from the threat they refuse to see. I have heard tales of a new settlement being built known as Bronzestabbed. Built near a flowing stream and evil murk, I fear it may be near the very heart of our adversary's holdings. Bringing only my family, the only others I trust with my sacred duty, we travel to this new place in hopes that they can be made to understand the danger we all face. If they will not listen, then at least we will be close to the enemy's home.

You will taste no more dwarf blood, you carp bastards. Only steel.

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!

Bad Munki posted:

Why are we using copper to make grates?! Arms and armor, sir, arms and armor!

I'll just assume this was a clerical error on the purchase order. This time.

The coppet to cassiterite ratio is a little one sided at the moment, and as far as we've seen malachite isn't exactly in short supply. Copper furniture and other tat is probably a good way to train up our smiths for when they have some real metal to work with.

Or do you want Munki-dorf to be plated in the second most useless military metal?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Surely there's something more useful than grates, though, which can be made from stone? Heck, copper bolts would be pretty deadly.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Second most useless metal armor is better than no armor.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Bah, insert grumbling about being skipped here. Meh, I can wait.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Second most useless? For this, you'll have to go A WHOLE DAY without copper!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

Surely there's something more useful than grates, though, which can be made from stone? Heck, copper bolts would be pretty deadly.

Actually, funny story: with the vein-mining I did, and the way stone drops now, at the end of my turn there was far more unprocessed malachite lying around than there were (non-economic) stone boulders. Probably why my artifact was made entirely of malachite.

Of course, making copper costs charcoal, and the fortress is always short on wood, so it's far better from a resources perspective to use stone when it's around. But Vox can use the practice, and there's plenty of ore.

The bronze sarcophagus is wasteful in the extreme, however! Bronze is to protect the living from the dead, not the other way around...

Qwo
Sep 27, 2011
I think that it's fitting that our first-slain gets the grandest coffin.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
I would be a terrible overseer. Adamantine coffins for everyone! Also, iron furniture because I hate haulers.

e: Gold bins are the best bins.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

14th Felsite 237

Seven days are gone and I carved malachite without knowing. It is the possession mood by which I have been taken, which is honor beyond anything I can deserve.

Nethtalinsokan. It is Igest that is worthy of praise for its making. Igest that brings the storms and the rain, Igest whose poetry describes its lines and forms beyond the words a dwarf can conceive. Igest the Silken Embrace, whose hands were within my hands to make the Balanced Drum-Phrases.

It is a floodgate which is for the passing of good water and the barring of intruders. A parting of two things, clean water to be allowed, and that-within-the-water to be forbidden, purity and impurity, as a dwarf that beats the drum separates the drumnoise from the silence before and after.

As my hammer struck my chisel though I recall it not. To separate the stone of Nethtalinsokan from the chips and tailings of not-Nethtalinsokan.

As Bronzestabbed exists to separate the true soul of The Rare Ship from that which is intruder, corruption, vile. A floodgate must be operated, by mechanism but ultimately by a dwarf's will. By our will the gate must be flung open for dwarves who come! As the newcomer JimmyTheD Zonlaz “Helmsscale” has re-opened Bronzestabbed and our numbers are more than doubled. I think that she understands danger for she contrives a system to cleanse those who enter from dust that may bring syndrome. Markus_cz's story is known to her I think. Sankis spoke to her. May she have wisdom to operate the lever of Bronzestabbed correctly to prevent corrupt intrusion.

Could Sankis have guessed when she told me I must establish Bronzestabbed and then step aside that Igest would show his favor?

Nomikos grieves for a newborn beardling lost in battle. It is my fault to have made a bride soldier. Sankis was correct that I am not fit to lead for battle. John Charity Spring is honored in precious bronze. I will go to his tomb to ask forgiveness but I cannot bear to ask Nomikos nor i poo poo trains. After I spoke of duty which has cost them more than any duty will ever cost me.

Despite shame I cannot be uncheerful! Igest has not allowed it of me to wallow in regret. Behold Nethtalinsokan!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jul 12, 2012

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I like the cut of your beard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Leperflesh posted:

14th Felsite 237

Seven days are gone and I carved malachite without knowing. It is the possession mood by which I have been taken, which is honor beyond anything I can deserve.

Nethtalinsokan. It is Igest that is worthy of praise for its making. Igest that brings the storms and the rain, Igest whose poetry describes its lines and forms beyond the words a dwarf can conceive. Igest the Silken Embrace, whose hands were within my hands to make the Balanced Drum-Phrases.

It is a floodgate which is for the passing of good water and the barring of intruders. A parting of two things, clean water to be allowed, and that-within-the-water to be forbidden, purity and impurity, as a dwarf that beats the drum separates the drumnoise from the silence before and after.

As my hammer struck my chisel though I recall it not. To separate the stone of Nethtalinsokan from the chips and tailings of not-Nethtalinsokan.

As Bronzestabbed exists to separate the true soul of The Rare Ship from that which is intruder, corruption, vile. A floodgate must be operated, by mechanism but ultimately by a dwarf's will. By our will the gate must be flung open for dwarves who come! As the newcomer JimmyTheD Zonlaz “Hemlsscale” has re-opened Bronzestabbed and our numbers are more than doubled. I think that she understands danger for she contrives a system to cleanse those who enter from dust that may bring syndrome. Markus_cz's story is known to her I think. Sankis spoke to her. May she have wisdom to operate the lever of Bronzestabbed correctly to prevent corrupt intrusion.

Could Sankis have guessed when she told me I must establish Bronzestabbed and then step aside that Igest would show his favor?

Nomikos grieves for a newborn beardling lost in battle. It is my fault to have made a bride soldier. Sankis was correct that I am not fit to lead for battle. John Charity Spring is honored in precious bronze. I will go to his tomb to ask forgiveness but I cannot bear to ask Nomikos nor i poo poo trains. After I spoke of duty which has cost them more than any duty will ever cost me.

Despite shame I cannot be uncheerful! Igest has not allowed it of me to wallow in regret. Behold Nethtalinsokan!

Leperflesh has written a Journal Entry, Kratzenklacnul, "Molten Flower, the Scourge of Tears". Every word is of the highest craftsdwarfship. It is made of insight and strangeness, and menaces with spikes of awesome.

• Locked thread