Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

nate fisher posted:

I don't understand why can't Google be like Apple and force all carriers to update all Nexuses at the same time? Apple will release iOS 6 in October and everyone (no matter what carrier) will be able to download it in no time. Also it will be available on phones with slightly different hardware (the 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5/whatever Apple calls it). Is it because of delivery system (Apple uses iTunes at first and then OTA)?

You have a misconception that Apple doesn't test their updates with carriers and get their blessing before release. They do.

The difference is, Apple plans it far out in advance. They have already been testing iOS6 with all the carriers and will continue to do so right up until release. They won't announce it is ready to go out until everything is all squared away. It's more about proper planning and managing expectations than strongarming carriers.

Had google gone to sprint and Verizon and tested all their nexus models prior to release and then held back the availability of JB until all the OTAs were ironed out, we would have a simultaneous release. Google doesn't do that though. The code is finished, it gets released and then they work backwards to create OTAs for other devices and then test them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Loucks posted:

I am no expert, but I imagine that since there are fewer models of iPhone, all of which Apple designed in the first place, it is easier to release builds for all of them at once. Doesn't Apple basically prohibit carrier-specific builds? If so that must help too.

I was talking about Nexus only, which they are fewer models of than iPhones. The rest of Android have other issues (Sense, TouchWiz, bloatware, etc.)

bull3964 posted:

You have a misconception that Apple doesn't test their updates with carriers and get their blessing before release. They do.

The difference is, Apple plans it far out in advance. They have already been testing iOS6 with all the carriers and will continue to do so right up until release. They won't announce it is ready to go out until everything is all squared away. It's more about proper planning and managing expectations than strongarming carriers.

Had google gone to sprint and Verizon and tested all their nexus models prior to release and then held back the availability of JB until all the OTAs were ironed out, we would have a simultaneous release. Google doesn't do that though. The code is finished, it gets released and then they work backwards to create OTAs for other devices and then test them.

I knew Apple tested their updates, I just didn't realize that Google doesn't. That makes sense. Still Apple pretty much has to hit it's release date of October to go with the iPhone 5 launch. But as you said Apple plans it in a way to ensure this is going to happen.

bigpolar posted:

This is just pathetic. If I wasn't on SERO I'd be bailing on this so hard. As it is, I think I'm just going to jump away from Android on sprint. Can anyone say what it is that sprint does that makes every manufacturer and Google delay their updates on Sprint? It just doesn't seem worth it to stick with it unless you can afford $600 for a new phone every year.

I don't keep up with apple rumors, because I generally hate them, but it looks like they are probably a better choice at the moment. Can anyone recommend a site to watch for iphone 5 info, like a probable release date?

http://9to5mac.com/

or

http://www.macrumors.com/

If it shows up on one, it usually shows on all. By the way all signs point to a October release date (I think you can book that). For the unconfirmed and could be completely wrong rumors: 4 inch screen while keeping the same width and resolution as the current iPhone. See those sites for supposedly leaked pictures.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jul 17, 2012

tomguycot
Jan 11, 2001
Forum Veteran

sonicice posted:

The Evo 3D ICS update is now "Early August" :lol:

In other news if you hosed yourself with Virgin Mobile firmware like I did there is a fix out for it now on XDA. Flash at your own risk. Worked for me though.

What a fiasco. Why in the world are they not releasing this if it's already available on Virgin Mobile? It'd be one thing if it wasn't done and they were just trying to avoid another Evo Shift Gingerbread update but this is just ridiculous. Glad I jumped ship to a Galaxy S3.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
For those who've put the Virgin Mobile ICS on their E3D, is it worth it?

Simulated
Sep 28, 2001
Lowtax giveth, and Lowtax taketh away.
College Slice

nate fisher posted:

I don't understand why can't Google be like Apple and force all carriers to update all Nexuses at the same time? Apple will release iOS 6 in October and everyone (no matter what carrier) will be able to download it in no time. Also it will be available on phones with slightly different hardware (the 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5/whatever Apple calls it). Is it because of delivery system (Apple uses iTunes at first and then OTA)?

Because Android is just a Platform Development Kit... There is no "Android" per-se, just a specific implementation on some X piece of hardware. Everyone besides Apple is using it because the iPhone caught them totally flat-footed and they needed a response without having to develop an entire OS and platform from scratch. So it depends on the hardware manufacturer (who only makes money on selling new hardware, Google is the only one making money on apps, media, etc) being willing to spend resources to put out firmware for older phones. It also requires carriers to spend resources to validate that firmware, including whatever custom meddling they have done. Any bricked or damaged devices mean irate customers they have to deal with (whereas they just send iPhone owners to the Apple Store and it's not their problem), instead of just working on a new phone and pushing people to that instead. This is part of the reason carriers put up with higher subsidies to the iPhone - its overall support cost for them is lower.

FYI: Microsoft seems to be taking the Android approach with WinPhone given that existing phones won't run WinPhone 8. Their response seems to be "eh buy a new device and renew your contract when the new phones come out"

Loucks posted:

I am no expert, but I imagine that since there are fewer models of iPhone, all of which Apple designed in the first place, it is easier to release builds for all of them at once. Doesn't Apple basically prohibit carrier-specific builds? If so that must help too.

Yes, Apple and the carriers have been in a staring contest and so far every single carrier is blinking. Sprint was being bled dry by it, post iPhone they are now gaining customers again. Rumor is this is the sticking point with NTT Docomo in Japan and they are losing customers to au and Softbank because of it.

This is also why you won't ever see it happen again. The carriers will never allow anyone to put their foot down or dictate terms on devices because they hate giving up that control and dare not let anyone else believe they can get away with it. Apple may be a unique snowflake but the likes of Samsung or HTC are not. Losing Apple means losing all iOS devices. Lose Samsung? Meh, plenty of other Android device makers out there.

Edit: to clarify I don't believe that about Samsung, I am just saying that is how carriers think about it.

bull3964 posted:

Just to clarify: they test the network/radio stuff and the provisioning profile that controls things like tethering, but the carriers do not have any say on iOS itself. The contract they sign with Apple gives them very limited rights and does not actually allow them to post-pone an iOS release. But you are correct - Apple is probably designing the iPhone 6 radio right now and will have it undergoing testing inside an iPhone 5 case before the end of the year just so they can vet the actual modem, power amps, radio firmware, et al.

Which reminds me: the Sprint iPhone 4S profile has the one piece of carrier crapware allowed... A non-deletable Safari bookmark to the Sprint homepage.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

mastershakeman posted:

I'm using meanrom. I don't hate using my wife's phone which doesn't have it. I don't really notice a huge difference but I'm not a phone nerd. It's slightly better to me.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Hdip posted:

I'm using meanrom. I don't hate using my wife's phone which doesn't have it. I don't really notice a huge difference but I'm not a phone nerd. It's slightly better to me.

Everything besides 3d work? I'm one of the few people who uses 4g fairly often, butu I can probably survive without it.

ChangoBat
Mar 5, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

I've been running MeanRom 2.4 . It runs pretty good in terms of speed/battery. No real trace of VirginMobile stuff. Everything works, 3D, 4G, Bluetooth, etc. Sense 3.6 really makes it look like GingerBread though. I think it's so all the current users wouldn't freak out when it gets released. The nice things I like are Chrome, the voice in google navigation is updated (less robotic), and face unlock.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

For the record: waited too long on the wife's Evo 4G and it took a dive off the nightstand and broke the USB port completely. No go on the free repair as a result, but since it only has to last at least long enough to her upgrade on 9/1, we snagged an external charger and a spare battery. The question then is do I get her an iPhone and stay on Sprint, or look at putting her on Straight Talk instead...though I think the unsubsidized cost of an iPhone will keep her on Sprint.

Probably going to try un-VM-loving my E3D tonight.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Priss In Plate posted:

WiMax is still plenty live AFAIK, but good luck getting a signal indoors 90% of the time. :shobon:

What's weird is that my coworker has/had an original EVO, and he wasn't/isn't able to get a 4G connection either. Inside or out.

Is the Sprint coverage map in Denver/Boulder just full of lies, or would it be worth it to take my phone into a Sprint store? For what it's worth, I find 3G in most cases to be perfectly acceptable in the rare times that I'm not connected to WiFi, but I'd like to know if there's something hosed with my phone or if it's just the lovely coverage area.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

Loucks posted:

I hope they call it "Kandy Kane" just to hear the wails of android fanboys who inexplicably care.
If they did that I would end up thinking of Joy Ride every time someone mentioned it.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

Sprint is looking to expand its MVNO support.

In a world where they can't even get data to the customers on their primary network due to strained backhaul, why are they pre-planning to poo poo all over their customers some more by overcrowding their network some more?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

Probably going to try un-VM-loving my E3D tonight.

It looks like there's still some major problems with the process :suicide:

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

a shameful boehner posted:

What's weird is that my coworker has/had an original EVO, and he wasn't/isn't able to get a 4G connection either. Inside or out.

Is the Sprint coverage map in Denver/Boulder just full of lies, or would it be worth it to take my phone into a Sprint store? For what it's worth, I find 3G in most cases to be perfectly acceptable in the rare times that I'm not connected to WiFi, but I'd like to know if there's something hosed with my phone or if it's just the lovely coverage area.

When I was in Denver for about 2 hours waiting for a Greyhound, I got exceptional 3G and even got WiMax.

Granted, the WiMax took my battery from 60% to 40% in about 20 seconds...but it was nice to see at least once in my lifetime.

I still think the best Sprint service I've ever had is in Flagstaff, AZ though.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Pet Stain posted:

Just chiming in to say the official ICS for the epic 4g touch is really good. Feels like a entirely new phone.

This actually kind of scares me (Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch owner). Should I be concerned at all about any of my downloaded apps no longer working once I upgrade to 4.0.4? It's similar to the concern I used to have about upgrading to newer versions of Firefox and all the extensions I used that might require updates or just not work at all.

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005

berserker posted:

This actually kind of scares me (Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch owner). Should I be concerned at all about any of my downloaded apps no longer working once I upgrade to 4.0.4? It's similar to the concern I used to have about upgrading to newer versions of Firefox and all the extensions I used that might require updates or just not work at all.

I upgraded my wife's E4GT to ICS, and I don't think there was a single app that worked before that didn't after.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

berserker posted:

ICS has been out for a long time so most apps have been updated. If an app stops working after you update, it's a lovely app and there's probably something better that does the same thing.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Sweet, thanks for the heads up. My phone has in general been the best phone I ever had, by a longshot, and I was just worried about doing something big like this that might gently caress it up if I wasn't completely ready to do it. I'm one of those guys who gets really attached to UIs when they're done well and so I kind of fear change in that respect. Now I'm excited to play around with my phone :) Just gotta recharge it some more and then I'm ready to update.

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination

Duckman2008 posted:

It took sprint like, 4-5 months at least to update the Nexus S to ICS.

That was more Google than Sprint. The GSM Nexus S only had access to the ICS 4.0.3 OTA for just about 2 weeks starting Mid-December before it was pulled due to widespread issues/complaints, so it makes sense they didn't bother rolling it out to the 4G. And nevermind the NS 4G, even the GSM Galaxy Nexus didn't get the 4.0.3 OTA (which they christened the "base version" of ICS). So Google's own flagship phone didn't have access to the latest APIs (API Level 15 at the time) since it was on an older version (API Level 14) until a couple of months down the line when 4.0.4 was released.

The 4.0.4 roll out for the GSM Nexus S started March 28th (https://plus.google.com/104629412415657030658/posts/NgGwavbmkQ7), while the Nexus S 4G rollout began the week after on April 5th (https://plus.google.com/104629412415657030658/posts/AtePzYDjnzk), which isn't that bad at all.

Going back one update, the GSM Nexus S's 2.3.6 started September 2nd (only to be pulled after a couple of days for breaking wifi and tethering), followed by the Nexus S 4G's corresponding 2.3.7 rollout on September 19th, followed by the GSM Nexus S's repaired 2.3.6 build rollout on the 27th. So vague pattern seems to be about a week between the two if the GSM version isn't botched, meaning the Sprint GNex update could drop this week.

bull3964 posted:

Google doesn't do that though. The code is finished, it gets released and then they work backwards to create OTAs for other devices and then test them.

According to JBQ, carriers actually do test throughout development:

quote:

During the entire development, Google works directly with all the companies involved in the flagship devices: silicon vendors, device manufacturers and operators. That happens while Google develops the platform itself and the applications that ship on flagship devices. All those companies test during the entire development.

Deciding that a build is a "final release candidate" (in this case IMM76D) involves feedback from everyone involved. At that point no more changes are made, and final checks are made. That's the phase that we're in right now, with those final checks. Because every company has been involved for a long time, this usually goes quite fast (IMM76D was built on Sunday afternoon, and has already been released for several devices). The final checks don't take nearly as long as a full certification, since everyone has been testing and reporting issues all along. It's primarily a check that the actual final build exactly as it's meant to be released to consumers doesn't have any unexpected issues that hadn't been seen earlier.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Turnquiet posted:

Sprint is looking to expand its MVNO support.

In a world where they can't even get data to the customers on their primary network due to strained backhaul, why are they pre-planning to poo poo all over their customers some more by overcrowding their network some more?

Worked for AT&T.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Vagrancy posted:

According to JBQ, carriers actually do test throughout development:

It's a bit more fluid though and limited. Also, Google isn't going to let a hitch with one device hold up the release for others.

That quote was a prime example. IMM76D was never released for the Verizon Galaxy Nexus. We went straight from ICL53F to IMM76K. IMM76D was rejected back in sometime after Feb when it leaked. We probably have Samsung's LTE radios to thank for that.

Apple has their hardware targets (iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, and 4S) and ALL of them are going to pass certification on every carrier before any of them actually get the update. Google doesn't operate this way and will release an update for one device, even one device on one network, before the rest if it is deemed ready for that device/carrier combo.

It's mostly just a matter of lead time. Google could operate this way, but it would slow them down a bit. It's not really the carriers keeping them from doing so either, it's just their manic dev cycle.

Jensen
Jun 4, 2006

chizad posted:

I've got Google Voice w/ Sprint integration (using my Sprint number) set up on my account/phone. I'm getting ready to upgrade to a new phone; is there anything special I need to do to make sure everything gets set up properly on the new device? I just want to make sure I don't end up unable to receive calls/texts because I did something wrong.

Yes, you need to disable the integration and then re enable it on your new phone.

Namlemez
Jul 9, 2003

tomguycot posted:

I'm going to have to concur with the Galaxy S3 love. The battery life is great, the screen is great, camera is great, and touchwiz is customizable enough that it doesn't bother me. And there are even some features that are nice additions to vanilla android. I might be singing a different tune if it still doesn't have jelly bean a year from now but so far, after owning it a little over two weeks I can easily recommend it.

Also, having a 64 GB sd card is simply amazing. This weekend I dumped a ton of mp3s and playstation ISOs on it and I still have something like just under 20 GB free.

Looks like the CM10 (JB) preview build for the Sprint SGS3 are out now too:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1778266

Great Orb!
Feb 4, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

I use a MeanROM 2.0 variant (specifically, SOS M) on HBOOT 1.4, which is based off the VM ICS leak but a 100% Sprint build. It's faster, much more efficient with screen-off battery life, and some of the included features are pretty handy to have.

That being said, if you're comfortable with Gingerbread, I wouldn't be in a hurry to switch. v:shobon:v

Jeratain
Apr 5, 2004

I have no socially redeeming value.

chizad posted:

I've got Google Voice w/ Sprint integration (using my Sprint number) set up on my account/phone. I'm getting ready to upgrade to a new phone; is there anything special I need to do to make sure everything gets set up properly on the new device? I just want to make sure I don't end up unable to receive calls/texts because I did something wrong.

Jensen posted:

Yes, you need to disable the integration and then re enable it on your new phone.
Are you sure about this? I was able to migrate from a Palm Pre to an Evo3D without doing anything differently on my Google Voice integration. I never had to disable or reenable anything. It should just work.

To be clear: I'm referring to the official Sprint > Google Voice integration where your primary Sprint number is the same as your Google Voice number (no GV app or number forwarding needed).

mastershakeman posted:

Yes. My ROM of choice is SOS M: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1666938

It lets me use all ICS / AOSP apps with a stock look & feel without losing any functionality (because it keeps the Sense base). It also lets you choose from a variety of other launchers / apps (incl. but not limited to MIUI, Sense, ADW, etc.).

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination

bull3964 posted:

IMM76D was rejected back in sometime after Feb when it leaked.

Unlikely to be the case since dev work on 4.0.4/IMM76D was still ongoing mid-March, and the "Sunday" the quote refers to is Sunday 26th, two days before the 4.0.4 roll out was first announced. According to search the Feb leak you're referring to had a build of "IMM30B", so its probably one of the continuous test builds JBQ was referring to.

Seems plausible that IMM76D could failed its "final check" with Verizon during the late March-April, though an alternate explanation could be that they subjected it to extended final testing time due to the number of reported issues with the previous release. During which time the GSM version got an update from IMM76D -> IMM76I to fix connectivity issues 76D caused (Samsung'd again), which then had to be carried over to a new Verizon GNex build and extended the testing period even further. The OTA schedule leak showing 4.0.4 for the LTE Xoom being ready and waiting in April, with the final check period coinciding with the public announcement of the rollout, yet still being pushed to June suggests that the delay was a little more nuanced than "Samsung'd".

MSFT's struggles with co-coordinated rollouts across carriers world-wide with Windows Phone despite plenty of lead-in suggests that leverage is definitely a key ingredient of iOS' perfectly synced rollouts.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Whoops, you are correct. Feb was IMM30B.

Some docs did show the LTE Xoom update ready and waiting, but the final build on the Xoom ended up being IMM76L, not IMM76D. So, I don't know that it didn't get updated again after docs indicated it was ready.

I believe it was shown that IMM76K for the Verizon Galaxy nexus was only about two weeks old by the time it started pushing to devices. So they weren't holding on to it for the sake of holding on to it.

chizad
Jul 9, 2001

'Cus we find ourselves in the same old mess
Singin' drunken lullabies

Jeratain posted:

Are you sure about this? I was able to migrate from a Palm Pre to an Evo3D without doing anything differently on my Google Voice integration. I never had to disable or reenable anything. It should just work.

To be clear: I'm referring to the official Sprint > Google Voice integration where your primary Sprint number is the same as your Google Voice number (no GV app or number forwarding needed)..

Not sure if it was needed, but it worked fine for me and didn't hurt anything. Disabled integration on my Evo, went to BB to pick up my SGS3, turned integration back on after installing the GVoice app and everything seems fine.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Jeratain posted:

It lets me use all ICS / AOSP apps with a stock look & feel without losing any functionality (because it keeps the Sense base). It also lets you choose from a variety of other launchers / apps (incl. but not limited to MIUI, Sense, ADW, etc.).

Thanks to this and prior posts, made the jump. Shockingly easy to upgrade to ICS. Honestly not really noticing speed improvements, but whatever, I'm glad I did it instead of patiently waiting on HTC.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
To clarify on the state of ICS on the E3D, the only problems with it stemmed from morons that installed untested firmware the day it leaked onto the internet. I've been running Mean ROM for months now with 0 connectivity problems, 0 virgin mobile labels, and it's been rock solid. 3D, camera, Bluetooth, everything works without issue.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

bigpolar posted:

This is just pathetic. If I wasn't on SERO I'd be bailing on this so hard. As it is, I think I'm just going to jump away from Android on sprint. Can anyone say what it is that sprint does that makes every manufacturer and Google delay their updates on Sprint? It just doesn't seem worth it to stick with it unless you can afford $600 for a new phone every year.

Everyone here has way to high expectations of both carriers amd manufacturers. Manufacturers care most about selling new phones, carriers care most about new customers signing contracts for said new phones.

Oh, and apparently we had a bunch of issues with the Epic Touch going to ICS (no surprise), so in terms of why updates take so long, it's because when there is a gently caress up customers get very pissed. And honestly, most people who had a Nexus S and got ICS hated it because "it's so different than what I am used to." So yeah, don't expect major updates quickly on android.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's time for another session of sprint policy change roundup. This one is really simple:

If you have a current discount with Sprint, you will be required to re verify your discount anytime you upgrade after 20 months. If you don't, discount gets removed 30 days after you get an upgrade.

So anyone with an old discount or a not legit discount, Sprint is either screwing you, or you will get good at photo shop. Only two options I can think of.

And yeah, this one will be very stressful for me. Sprint is very obviously trying to weed out people that got not legit discounts back in the day.

This does not affect EPRP or SERO of course, as those are not work discounts.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Duckman2008 posted:

It's time for another session of sprint policy change roundup. This one is really simple:

If you have a current discount with Sprint, you will be required to re verify your discount anytime you upgrade after 20 months. If you don't, discount gets removed 30 days after you get an upgrade.

So anyone with an old discount or a not legit discount, Sprint is either screwing you, or you will get good at photo shop. Only two options I can think of.

And yeah, this one will be very stressful for me. Sprint is very obviously trying to weed out people that got not legit discounts back in the day.

drat, I guess they're finally gonna find out I don't work at IBM anymore (did at the time I had it added... we even switched over the account from my dad's name to mine), and now I have to flip over to my current employer's less-awesome discount. Not that it even matters as much anymore, since it only affects the primary line these days. I guess I can't complain about perks being taken away like with the iPhone rollout, since this is a pretty reasonable change.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I know that being a member of AAA is a 10% discount, also being a member of a credit union is a 10% discount - are those two stackable? Can they be stacked with employer discounts?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Lovie Unsmith posted:

I know that being a member of AAA is a 10% discount, also being a member of a credit union is a 10% discount - are those two stackable? Can they be stacked with employer discounts?

No on all counts.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Duckman2008 posted:

Well as a former Citi Bank employee (left in 2004) it was fun while it lasted. What happens if you go to Best Buy or Apple to upgrade? They will require proof there too?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Duckman2008 posted:

Welp, so long, 25% credit union discount. Also, so long, Sprint!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

I left SERO to get an Android because at the time Sprint was never allowing smart phones on SERO. A month later, they changed that policy. I went with a regular plan over EPRP because with my company discount the price was the same, and a regular plan had a better upgrade schedule. That upgrade schedule has since been knocked down. I switched jobs a month ago and now I'm going to lose that discount. Unless I can switch to EPRP, and if this Network Vision doesn't start producing some legitimate results real soon, I see little reason for me to stay with Sprint.

Edit - does Virgin Mobile get to use the LTE network?

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 18, 2012

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

Well as a former Citi Bank employee (left in 2004) it was fun while it lasted. What happens if you go to Best Buy or Apple to upgrade? They will require proof there too?

It doesn't matter where you go through, it's upgrading the phone that triggers the need to re verify the discount.

And Virgin Mobile does not offer LTE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Deathlove posted:

Welp, so long, 25% credit union discount. Also, so long, Sprint!

Are you going to get a better deal elsewhere?

With NV in full kick, it seems like a really bad time to leave Sprint, unless you're in one of the areas of the country that won't get NV until 2014 or something.