Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Panel 6 is maybe the funniest thing I've ever read, but the line "cheeto man awaits you inside" in panel 3 is glorious. It makes me think of like, a line before you go into a dungeon in a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Looks like we're getting Experiments in High Contrast: A Tale of Black Shadows on this page, in panels 13 and 14. What's with the hand just floating there at the end? Whose is it? From which series?

This is turning into Smash Bros., and another team?! Oh, and Tails is still doing the robot like a goddamn boss while he says "yup let's wrap this party up"

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

frajaq posted:

I lost it at kermit talking about cheeto man smoking too much weed, it just seems so out of character for him :lol:

It may be out of character for Kermit, but it is so appropriate for Cheeto Man.

I also love how beer is responsible for Satanic superpower and a baby getting shot while weed caused Cheeto Man to be epic, killed Teemo, and let Knuckles make peace with trolls. Lazerbot would be a good DARE officer.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

ClownSyndrome posted:

edit: Is tails charging up a CHEETO ball in the chapter 11 preview?

Yes, it is. Cheetos are far more powerful than dragonball z energy blasts it seems.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Yes, I've been waiting to see Cheeto Man's training.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Holy poo poo, cheeto man is johnny 5 aces :psyduck:

straylightunity
Dec 20, 2005

Scapegrace.
Cheeto Man's sporting Ray Smuckles glasses there.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

For some reason Bowser's "I think we should work on team moves and combos" cracks me up.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like how the end of the chapter is just a context-less picture of a hand.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

frajaq posted:

I lost it at kermit talking about cheeto man smoking too much weed, it just seems so out of character for him :lol:

It makes a lot more sense than whatever the gently caress Chester Cheetah really has the image of. Lazerbot knows what fits characters much better than the corporate offices do, man, this art comes from the heart.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Yeah I should have written that better, I was talking about kermit, not Chester :v:

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Even so, even the other way I took your sentence was correct. I can't remember the last time I saw a commercial for Cheetos but I remember they were doing some kind of thing where Chester Cheetah was an active dude and make sure you go outside and exercise while eating your lovely excuse for food.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Suzuki Method posted:

Even so, even the other way I took your sentence was correct. I can't remember the last time I saw a commercial for Cheetos but I remember they were doing some kind of thing where Chester Cheetah was an active dude and make sure you go outside and exercise while eating your lovely excuse for food.

The last Cheeto commercial I saw had Cheeto man sitting around a construction site listening to music and watching a construction worker dance. Because I always assume TGT to be cannon, he was almost definitely high.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 18, 2012

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Oh, maybe I'm getting him mixed up with Tony the Tiger. That definitely sounds like Knuckles' kind of gig.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Yeah Tony the Tiger is all "WOO SPORTS" whereas the Cheeto Man adverts I've seen just have him hanging out in a leather jacket and sunglasses, looking desperately in need of a motorbike and pack of Marlboros to complete the full encapsulation of "Cool, Circa 1985"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

:tightshot of shadow's pissed off face:

Jesus that's priceless. Knuckles is the greatest character, right after Tom.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I don't know about you guys but I'm really stoked to see their team combo moves.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I think my favorite thing about TGT is how quickly characters rebound. Vector has been the most depressing character because of how competent and focused he is compared to the other Troll Slaiyers and everything that happened to him, but now he's just having fun with a friendly tussle and he seems happy. Tails flipflops from being depressed about Sonic's death to passing Spyro's training and being a badass robot. In spite of Kermit's recollection of his tragic past and his worries about the coming battles, he's still just a big fanboy of Cheeto Man.

The characters who try to stay upbeat and focus on their goals are the ones who see the most success in this story, while the more negatively-minded ones either die or face repeated failure (Porky's suicide, and Mario and Shadow's respective singleminded focuses). Deep poo poo, man.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Well, I mean Sonic was positive and focussed as well...

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
He was more angry than positive. This lead to his downfall.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Plus we never got confirmation if he hosed his girlfriend so he would be less mad.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I love how Hello Kitty goes over and dances with Tails and Spyro to silence.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Shageletic posted:

:tightshot of shadow's pissed off face:

Jesus that's priceless. Knuckles is the greatest character, right after Tom.

:fut:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Undead Unicorn posted:

Yes, it is. Cheetos are far more powerful than dragonball z energy blasts it seems.

There advantages and disadvantages to each. Cheetos are more powerful, but with dbz energy balls you don't have to wipe your hands all the time.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I can not stop picturing Cheeto Man as Ray from Achewood. And in my head Ray has the voice of Fat Albert.

So now I'm at this weird place.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I don't think the line "It ain't easy being cheesy" is getting enough love.

In fact, "Tails gets trolled: It ain't easy being cheesy" would be an excellent thread title (since the current one is wrong).

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I direct you to this commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgBJFJHqL3U

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Jesus. He's Knuckles' brother or something.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

it ain't easy being
cheesy

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I hope Aramek goes for this version of the voice rather than the more forced-cool 90s one.

RGBRIOT
Apr 19, 2009

"Beauty, packaged for a digital world."

Schwarzwald posted:

There advantages and disadvantages to each. Cheetos are more powerful, but with dbz energy balls you don't have to wipe your hands all the time.

Fun fact: Frito-lay was ordered by the US courts to include a warning about the dangers of the cheese powder on Cheetos after a 6-3 SCOTUS decision in favor of Tomas Westerfield's arrest appeal. Westerfield caused a 83 car pileup on the Brooklyn bridge while driving his cab. He was arrested for DUI and found guilty of 37 counts of vehicular manslaughter. His appeal was eventually heard by the supreme court but only after his arresting officer filed a report stating that the police were unable to find any booze in the car and that the results of the breathalyzer test were inconclusive. Mr. Westerfields breath kept clogging the machine before a result could be found. Between this, the entire trunk filled with bags of Cheetos, the video of Tom's questioning where he insists his passenger--one Chester A. Cheetah(no priors, no address)--forced him to swerve, and the court's ruling that finger print processing is only valid in ink, not cheese powder, Westerfields charges were dropped.

In the interest of public safety and to avoid such a ridiculous proceedings in the future, frito-lay was ordered to notify the public in all product advertisements of the inherent danger of consuming any of the Cheetos brand snack food. The company has since complied...hence the marketing spin of "Dangerously Cheesy".

If you look closely on any of the product line's packaging you can actually see an homage to the devastating event so many years ago.

Tom died shortly upon release of a perforated colon.

Dangerously cheesy indeed. Lazerbot is nothing not thorough in his research! I am constantly amazing by this comic and his prep work.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

A while ago a few people were lamenting the lack of icon material, saying there wasn't much left to take from previous pages. Some of these are from the latest page, but a few are just old ones I feel really got neglected. Use 'em as you please! Pretty sure none of these were used already, but do tell me if they were.

choose depending on how easy you find it to be cheesy

I also put this together, but it doesn't fit under 30mb:

If someone more gif-knowledgeable wants to take a crack at it, feel free!

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jul 19, 2012

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I love how knuckles is trying to woo his dead friend's girlfriend right after his death.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is "it aint easy being cheesy" Chester cheeto's real catchphrase or did lazerbot make that up?

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Chernabog posted:

Is "it aint easy being cheesy" Chester cheeto's real catchphrase or did lazerbot make that up?

It's real.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Oh, I find that to be a little disappointing.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I have to say one of my favorite things about Lazerbot's writing style is how he immediately clicks back to League of Legends thought-mode for Bowser, Shadow, et al. With pentakills and combos and such.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Chernabog posted:

It ain't easy at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eubi9YI2dKE

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
Who's to say lazerbot didn't make up the original phrase? Perhaps he's been around longer than we think!

Regarding bios, Chapter 5's won't have all of the Defenders, just the ones with prominent appearances so far. The rest will get them as they get more involved. I'll throw in Emerl due to a bit of demand for him, though.

#500: EMERL
Affiliation: Sonic
Number: The maximum amount of Skill Points for Emerl's copy abilities

Emerl's part of the cavalry who show up to save Sonic. He takes an interest in Troll King's shockwave move, and manages to copy it. The move has little effect on the King due to his age, but Emerl faces the King one-on-one regardless. Being a robot, Emerl is immune to the shockwave. In a desperate attempt to save Espio, Emerl copies Luigi's fire move and uses it to burn Garry's face. He's unsuccessful, and the trolls gang up on him. He attempts to escape but is cleaved in two by the Troll King. Luigi manages to salvage the check plate (which doesn't help him much), and Troll King uses his fire-retardant arm as a replacement for his own. The captive Heimerdinger is forced to adapt Emerl's design for the trollbots. Will these trollbots be as much of a badass robot as the original?

#120: YOSHI
Affiliation: Mario
Number: In Mario 64 you can talk to Yoshi when you get 120 Stars

Yoshi's Mario's faithful steed. When Hulk throws a rock at Mario, Yoshi arrives to save him in the nick of time. Mario feeds him a Blue Shell, allowing Yoshi to evade Bowser's flames and take Mario to safety. He tries to save Mario safety when Troll King gets the upper hand in their fight, but is hit by the King's shockwave. The Troll King fends Yoshi off and is about to kill him when Mario returns Yoshi's favour -- he uses a Warp Whistle to save Yoshi and himself. For all of Mario's sociopathy, his friendship with Yoshi is true.

#230: HINDO
Affiliation: Trolls
Number: Standard European power supplies run at 230 volts. I'd have went with American for lazy B, but I already used 120 for Yoshi...

Hindo is another high-ranking troll. He first appears clearly right around the time Luigi launches his sneak attack. He warns everyone to cover their ears when the Troll King rolls out the first word of death. Later, he reports to the King that Eggman is dead, and brings his body as proof. However, he also reports Elmer's Neutral powers, and is quickly sent to kidnap him. Just as quickly, he returns with Elmer and suggests that the man in the ice should be revived as well as Eggman. He seems to be the Idea Guy for the trolls...

#52: BATMAN
Affiliation: Defenders
Number: New 52 relaunch plug

Batman's pretty cool. After finally killing the Joker, Batman was surprised to discover that the Joker was his long-lost uncle. His uncle had been driven mad trying to save Gotham from Robin and Alfred. Batman killed all of his friends and learned that it was Alfred who ordered the murder of his parents in order to troll him. But Tails seems bored by this story...he just wants to learn the fine art of hand to hand combat. Unfortunately, Tails sucks. Batman tells him how to refine his technique through the use of Bloody Knuckles, and suddenly Tails masters his training. But is this Wayne or Grayson?!?

#1999: HELLO KITTY
Number: The last thing I expected to learn about from Hello Kitty's Wikipedia page was the murder she was indirectly involved in back in 1999

Hello Kitty thought joining the Defenders would be nice. She trains Tails to harness the chakra in his body to take a 20% damage reduction. While this defensive move is tough to pull off, it will assuredly be sweet like nice feet. Later on, she finds Tails crying over Sonic's death. Hello Kitty assures Tails that he's not alone and he is more than capable of defeating the trolls. She shares Spyro's backstory with him, and is amused to discover that Sonic and Tails have been mixing up violence and villains all this time. Could she possibly be the love interest for our three two-tailed hero?

#994: KERMIT THE FROG
Number: The monologue Kermit gives to Tails (from "you dont know me or my friends!!!!" to Tails skipping his training) is 994 words long.

Kermit is the Zen master. Originally, none of the Muppets knew what trolling was. They found out when they were invited to a troll party and urged to try it out. They all went on chatrooms trolling everyone they could find, until one troll victim told them that a troll can most effectively troll another troll. Kermit would go on to troll Miss Piggy into insanity, and he only learned the powers of patience when Animal began trolling Kermit's anguish. He steps in when Trix Rabbit refuses to train Tails for an unknown reason, and offers to teach Tails patience. He throws Tails off of his focus when he insults Sonic and Shadow, and launches into a diatribe about his past. Tails elects to skip his training, and Kermit obliges. He observes that Tails' mind is his greatest weakness...

#11: SPYRO THE DRAGON
Number: Spyro takes awesomeness up to eleven

Hi, he's loving Spyro. Spyro teaches Tails how to fly more efficiently and in a much more awesome fashion. He can fly much faster than Tails can, because Tails flies like a helicopter, taking up too much energy. Spyro tells Tails that the only awesome fly to fly is by flapping like a bird or a dragon. His final test for Tails is the ring challenge, where touching a single ring results in failure. Upon completion of the challenge, he awards Tails the highest honour possible: he calls him loving awesome and has a dance party with him. Did Spyro make you wet in the panties?

#1969: WOODSTOCK
Number: Apparently there was some kind of music festival about him in the 60s? That's cool.

Woodstock begins Tails' training. He joined the Defenders after the trolls hosed Snoopy to death, much like how Doug joined after Porkchop's gangbang. He sets up a BB gun to automatically fire at Tails at random speeds in order to improve Tails' reaction time. He goes to fix himself a Hot Pocket, as he can't be bothered watching Tails all day. However, he neglects Tails in favour of napping and making GBS threads and only allows him to proceed to Batman once Tails' vagina is suitably chilled.

#1066: PACMAN
Number: I'd like to think the siege he talks about was the equivalent of the Battle of Hastings in the TGT-verse

Pacman is the founder of the Defenders. Centuries ago, his city of Alfered was invaded by trolls and he was driven out. He was trained by his master Oxsist. When Oxsist decided they were ready to take Alfered back, Pacman was not allowed to help in the fight. That night, he had a vision of the Troll King defeating Oxsist. He confided in his friend William, who didn't believe his visions were true. Appealing to Oxsist didn't work either. The next morning, Pacman and William woke up to find the village under attack by the trolls. The Troll King himself sent the man now in ice to kill the two boys, and Pacman watched as William was killed. Since escaping that day, Pacman has said wakka compulsively. He embarked on a quest to find the dragonballs until learning that they didn't exist. He trained for centuries until having a prophetic vision of Tails. Now, he informs Tails of Sonic's death and tells the young fox that with training, he could perform a soul bind and defeat the trolls once and for all. But was Pacman's vision true?

withheldmcfakename fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

total agreement
Dec 19, 2011
lol hulk