Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You have no idea how happy you should feel for not knowing about White Chicks

I'll take your word for it and back away from the Google search. Thank you. :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

For a movie that was like one minute long it was good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTykzD6TlZM

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

datajugend posted:

For a movie that was like one minute long it was good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTykzD6TlZM

Terry Crews makes everything all better. :3:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That movie made me know what being a victim of racism really feels like.

Talks To Cats
Jan 7, 2012
I hate my job and I hate you, but I'll put up with my job because it makes me a shit-ton of money. I can tell you how to do the same...but you won't listen.

I support charity:water with my erotica charity bundles. Water changes everything.
White Chicks broke new ground in that the black guys crossdressed as WHITE women instead of fat black women. It's that kind of innovation that's required if you truly want to write the shittiest comedies ever.

Then you top yourself with

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I just realized the Wayans and the Movie Movie guys haven't committed any celluloid atrocities in quite some time.

Did we make it? Is it over?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Is he parting the red seas or showing the audience just how wide her forehead is? I think it's the latter.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I just realized the Wayans and the Movie Movie guys haven't committed any celluloid atrocities in quite some time.

It never ends, this poo poo.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2403029/

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Kiimo will appreciate this: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/25546ac0df/steve-carell-s-movie-poster-contract

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

:negative: :negative: :negative: :negative:

No. No. That's not true. That's impossible!

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

:negative: :negative: :negative: :negative:

No. No. That's not true. That's impossible!

And that's not even the worst of it:

http://www.iconmovies.net/thebiggestmovieofalltime3d/

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I'm pretty sure they stopped this one in order to make that one.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

GonSmithe posted:

I'm pretty sure they stopped this one in order to make that one.

Let's hope the quick turnover needed and low attention span of its "audience" means they never finish another one

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That's amazing. I'm curious now as to what actors have the weirdest contracts as far as posters go. Doesn't Bruce Willis when not in the lead always gets the AND on the actor names? Making posters must be a god drat nightmare.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
I enjoyed "The Wayans Bros." Tv show.

That is my contribution to this conversation.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

OnlyJuanMon posted:

I enjoyed "The Wayans Bros." Tv show.

That is my contribution to this conversation.

I liked In Living Color.

Talks To Cats
Jan 7, 2012
I hate my job and I hate you, but I'll put up with my job because it makes me a shit-ton of money. I can tell you how to do the same...but you won't listen.

I support charity:water with my erotica charity bundles. Water changes everything.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That's amazing. I'm curious now as to what actors have the weirdest contracts as far as posters go. Doesn't Bruce Willis when not in the lead always gets the AND on the actor names? Making posters must be a god drat nightmare.
The trailer for Expendables 2 is great for this. You have 30 guys, an "and" and I believe a double "with". I'm hoping the third one casts a fresh face so they can have an "introducing".

But I've gotta say, as completely bullshit and patronizing as stuffing 20 hit action stars in the same cliche movie is, I do want to see the movie. Marketing sometimes works :arghfist::mad:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh goddamnit :smithicide:

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Talks To Cats posted:

The trailer for Expendables 2 is great for this. You have 30 guys, an "and" and I believe a double "with". I'm hoping the third one casts a fresh face so they can have an "introducing".

No, it's even better, it's ALSO Van Damme, WITH Schwarzenegger AND Willis, I think. I just love the 'also.'

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Hewlett posted:

No, it's even better, it's ALSO Van Damme, WITH Schwarzenegger AND Willis, I think. I just love the 'also.'

I believe that's the only time I've ever seen someone credited as "also". Outside of some sort of parody that is.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I was already looking forward to that movie, and now I cannot loving wait. I thought Tarantino would wind up putting her in something first, though.

Handsome Dead
May 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I just hope this Machete movie doesn't have a break in the middle for Rodriguez to pretend he knows anything about immigration again.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

AndyP posted:

I believe that's the only time I've ever seen someone credited as "also". Outside of some sort of parody that is.

This is now the best movie that will ever be made. Ever.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AndyP posted:

That poster seriously owns.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I appreciate that the poster looks really good, but I'm surprised goons are fawning over Lady Gaga having an acting debut. I mean I liked her first album too (second not so much, way too typical) but do we have any proof this is gonna work out well in any way?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The Wayans hold the distinction of having one of the worst critical burns I've ever seen in a review "Scary Movie 3 was written by 6 people including the Wayans. What'd they do, pass around the crayon?"

Still not as bad as Ebert's burn on Rob Schneider, though.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Cleretic posted:

I appreciate that the poster looks really good, but I'm surprised goons are fawning over Lady Gaga having an acting debut. I mean I liked her first album too (second not so much, way too typical) but do we have any proof this is gonna work out well in any way?

I guess you haven't seen her videos.

e. also she's made 3 albums really

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

AndyP posted:

I didn't even know about this movie until I saw this poster but now I cannot wait to see the film. Good poster, indeed.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Cleretic posted:

If you haven't seen her stage show, you have never truly lived.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

If you haven't seen her stage show, you have never truly lived.
I was disappointed that her stage show was more drama/theater than what I got at Tool/NIN which was alot of screens with cool visualizations going on. I really like all her videos though, so I was hoping the live show would be like that.

I wasn't interested in Machete but now that I know she is in it I am excited to see it and hope that she does well. She's really good at imagery so of course she would make a good poster. It all seems so obvious. I just hope she is good in it. Her voice acting on the Simpsons episode was kind of lame and I'm not sure whose fault that was.

Physical fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jul 27, 2012

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Physical posted:

I just hope she is good in it. Her voice acting on the Simpsons episode was kind of lame and I'm not sure whose fault that was.

Aside from possible qualms with the quality of the writing, Simpsons-style guest voices are always hit-or-miss because voice acting is very different from regular acting, and the talent only occasionally crosses over. Especially for someone like Lady Gaga who probably wouldn't even consider herself to be a "real" actor.

Most of the legitimately good Simpsons guest voices have been legitimately great actors who figured out how to adapt to the medium.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cleretic posted:

It can't be all bad. She won't be singing.

Probably.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Damon was pretty funny on Happy Endings and so is his son.
Also LAdy Gaga has acted she was an extra in Sopranos

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I hope she has a new outfit on for every scene change.

But seriously, after looking at the casting for Machete Kills, I am extremely excited.
My opinion is probably biased since I've seen Gaga live twice.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

bobkatt013 posted:

She was like 14, and I don't think she even spoke.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

couldcareless posted:

I hope she has a new outfit on for every scene change.

New outfit for every shot.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That outfit changing every shot was one of my favorite scenes in Snatch (when Avi and Franky are on the phone) so they Gould definitely do something like that with her.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

All the Wayans are hilarious, whether or not they make complete compost films.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

couldcareless posted:

But seriously, after looking at the casting for Machete Kills, I am extremely excited.

That was what I thought about the first Machete and, welp

I'm excited about Gaga being in the movie but whether or not she ends up stunt casting like Lindsie Lohan in the first remains to be seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gaga is pretty cool. And attractive, I think. But that still doesn't make me wanna see the movie since I found the first one a snoozefest. I couldn't believe how boring it was.