Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
So I've got all the wakestones I could need and more for the endgame of Everfall and get myself into NG+ - before I do, is there anything I'm missing / any good swag or gear I forgot before I finish it up? Is there any point to going through every floor? I'm pretty sure I've done most of them, but not all especially killing the ur-dragon. - cause my lvl 54 dude isn't getting anything done to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The only really interesting postgame sidequest I know of is going off to fight the hydra, but if you've fought the archydra in the Everfall already it's just an easier version of that.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
You can get some awesome gear in chests but good luck with the 2% thing unless you can stomach stabbing yourself over and over for them.

SeriousCrimesUnit
Jul 12, 2010

If I ever see you in this city again, God help you.

Duke Chin posted:

So I've got all the wakestones I could need and more for the endgame of Everfall and get myself into NG+ - before I do, is there anything I'm missing / any good swag or gear I forgot before I finish it up? Is there any point to going through every floor? I'm pretty sure I've done most of them, but not all especially killing the ur-dragon. - cause my lvl 54 dude isn't getting anything done to that.

Before you turn in your quest, in the Estrangement and Remorse chambers, there are two merchants that sell some upgrades. One of them, Delsac or whatever, sells rare upgrade materials like the Poison Hydra Scale or something. The only other way to obtain that item is beating the hyrda in the Everfall, which only exists during that time in the game. So if you leave, there's no other way to get it. So you can always buy his materials, rest for five days, then rinse and repeat.

SeriousCrimesUnit fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 31, 2012

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

gently caress Gryphons :saddowns:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Sindai posted:

The only really interesting postgame sidequest I know of is going off to fight the hydra, but if you've fought the archydra in the Everfall already it's just an easier version of that.
Where's that scrubby OG hydra located? The one in the back of the shadow fort? I already kicked the black hydra or archhydra's rear end... whatever he was called.

Marogareh posted:

You can get some awesome gear in chests but good luck with the 2% thing unless you can stomach stabbing yourself over and over for them.
Chests where and why would I stab myself? I thought that just ended the game outside of a certain spot...?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Duke Chin posted:

Chests where and why would I stab myself? I thought that just ended the game outside of a certain spot...?

Chest contents are determined when you open them, so you can save right before doing so and kill yourself -> retry until you get the item from the loot table that you want. The stabbing yourself part saves you like 20 seconds compared to going back to the main menu and loading from there. Or you can just, y'know, not do that and live with what you get.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Oh oh oh, okay, I get it now. Are there any chests better than any other down there?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I've only been playing this game for a few days and I should have got it sooner, it owns. I'm around level 30 but haven't done much of the main quest since I've been busy dicking around.

Pawn related question - does a player still get rift crystals from their rented pawn if it dies in your world? I was doing the watergod altar quest and a fighter guy slid off of a platform while fighting saurians and plunged into some water to his death. I don't think my own pawn has ever been hired, which is OK I guess. He's still my gigantic ugly bro.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Pawn related question - does a player still get rift crystals from their rented pawn if it dies in your world? I was doing the watergod altar quest and a fighter guy slid off of a platform while fighting saurians and plunged into some water to his death. I don't think my own pawn has ever been hired, which is OK I guess. He's still my gigantic ugly bro.

Yes, the owner of the pawn gets all the RC their pawn earned and 3 star ratings in everything.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

New patch coming this month.

They're adding an Easy Mode. :thumbsup:

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Duke Chin posted:

Oh oh oh, okay, I get it now. Are there any chests better than any other down there?

Nah some have the same stuff on another floor so you might get the same armor from 5 levels above. You can easily buy the weapons if you sell all the wakestones they keep vomiting at you. Here's the loot table if you're interested.

http://pastebin.com/QR2xDQUG

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
So I did the quest where you are supposed to chase the griffin to the NE dungeon on the world map. Unfortunately, my crack team of pawns and mercenaries set the drat thing on fire, and it died on our first encounter. I went to the dungeon you chase it to, but I can't get past these two locked doors not far from the entrance. Did I screw myself out of the loot inside?

Also if anyone wants to use my pawn, my PSN name is CoachMcGuirk- (the dash included). My pawn is a fattie mage who exists only to enchant your weapons with fire/holy and cast quick healing spells on you instead of the terrible healing spell that takes 30 seconds to cast. I think he's around lvl 50 at the moment.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Professor Wayne posted:

So I did the quest where you are supposed to chase the griffin to the NE dungeon on the world map. Unfortunately, my crack team of pawns and mercenaries set the drat thing on fire, and it died on our first encounter. I went to the dungeon you chase it to, but I can't get past these two locked doors not far from the entrance. Did I screw myself out of the loot inside?

One of them will unlock in a later story quest, but pretty much all the loot there except the port crystal is actually in the first area in places you need to climb/jump to get to.

Gyoru posted:

That is the least interesting addition ever. I hope the update does more than just give us an easy mode and fix glitches.

Count Uvula fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Aug 1, 2012

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Count Uvula posted:

That is the least interesting addition ever. I hope the update does more than just give us an easy mode and fix glitches.

Oh goddd a patch that lets you dye equipment would be the best thing ever

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
People who bought it at lunch are finally all reaching the point where nothing in the game is challenging anymore...and they add an EASY mode. Wonderful.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Samurai Sanders posted:

People who bought it at lunch are finally all reaching the point where nothing in the game is challenging anymore...and they add an EASY mode. Wonderful.

Just you wait, they'll soon add harder difficulties, like 'HARD mode', and a 'CAPCOM mode' where the monsters deal more damage, have more health, and your character commits suicide when he fails to meet his monster killing quotas.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Man that point was reached like two months ago. I'm still about halfway through my second playthrough but haven't played in a few weeks because it's just "mash x to murderize."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
You could just switch to a weaker weapon. You have almost total control over how hard you hit.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sindai posted:

You could just switch to a weaker weapon. You have almost total control over how hard you hit.
More hits to kill the enemy =/= higher difficulty or more fun. Also my character is pretty much stripped naked and enemies could wail on her all day and barely do any damage, so there's no way to fix that.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That's why I just start a new game instead of newgame+. Keeps things challenging while you're trying out all the professions.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sindai posted:

That's why I just start a new game instead of newgame+. Keeps things challenging while you're trying out all the professions.
That would be fine with me too if there wasn't only one save slot.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

They need a "mode" less than they need a toggle or slider that raises or lowers hit points and damage values. The AI is pretty much fine, I think--it's just that after a while nothing is remotely threatening, especially on the overworld.

It would be really, really nice if they would introduce new areas to explore, though. With serious monsters that do serious damage. Like, introduce some sort of submerged area where you have to avoid the tentacles of a kraken (I honestly though the Altar of the Water God was going to make me do that, actually) until you finally face it either on a platform where it tries to gobble you up or you drain a pool and fight it as it flails on the sea-floor.

Rakanakle
Mar 17, 2009
Stamina should drain about 4x faster when you're clinging onto something while slowly lowering your total stamina similar to health and pawns could should only be able to be ressurected during battle with certain rare items instead of infinite slaps on the back. Then fighting giant cyclops and such could actually feel like boss battles instead of really, really tall bandits.

e: spelling

Rakanakle fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 1, 2012

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Lotish posted:

They need a "mode" less than they need a toggle or slider that raises or lowers hit points and damage values. The AI is pretty much fine, I think--it's just that after a while nothing is remotely threatening, especially on the overworld.

It would be really, really nice if they would introduce new areas to explore, though. With serious monsters that do serious damage. Like, introduce some sort of submerged area where you have to avoid the tentacles of a kraken (I honestly though the Altar of the Water God was going to make me do that, actually) until you finally face it either on a platform where it tries to gobble you up or you drain a pool and fight it as it flails on the sea-floor.
The altar of the water god is one of the many things in the game that was probably meant to be expanded far more but couldn't for money/time concerns. I mean, what is a cyclops doing in a water god's altar anyway? How did it even fit in through that tiny door behind the waterfall?

edit: vvv this isn't Konami we're talking about it's Capcom!

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 1, 2012

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Samurai Sanders posted:

The altar of the water god is one of the many things in the game that was probably meant to be expanded far more but couldn't for money/time concerns. I mean, what is a cyclops doing in a water god's altar anyway? How did it even fit in through that tiny door behind the waterfall?

Nanomachines. Or in Capcom's case, mysterious virus. See: Ada, Wesker, etc.

But I don't mind the easy difficulty level, as I think the beginning of the game can be pretty brutal and I think this is one of those games that Capcom is trying to push out to everybody. I think people new to video games enjoy this type of gameplay, but don't really want to put up with the difficulty.

blackguy32 fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Aug 1, 2012

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
This game gets ridiculously easy once the map opens up. I was able to fight off 2 cyclops at once and didn't need to use any healing items.

I'm hoping they add more large scalable-enemy spawns. Killing wolves and goblins over and over is getting really boring. Every time I see a manticore or a cyclops I make a bee-line to it as it's the only thing I really enjoy fighting. An arena mode would be cool too. Honestly make it more like Shadows of the Colossus and I'll be happy.

Also, does the Ur-dragon show up randomly or is it always in the same spot? I was running around when I turn and see this huge orange dragon right behind me.

blackguy32 posted:

But I don't mind the easy difficulty level, as I think the beginning of the game can be pretty brutal and I think this is one of those games that Capcom is trying to push out to everybody. I think people new to video games enjoy this type of gameplay, but don't really want to put up with the difficulty.

I agree. I honestly almost gave up on the game as I found the beginning really boring and grindy. Once the quests opened up a bit and I was able to actually get decent weapons and armor the game started to get a whole lot more fun.

Red Mundus fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 1, 2012

The Mimic
Apr 27, 2009
The Ur-Dragon is always in the same spot; you won't fight it without knowing what you are doing.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

The Mimic posted:

The Ur-Dragon is always in the same spot; you won't fight it without knowing what you are doing.

Ah, okay thanks! Gave me one hell of a startle. I ended up going back and fighting it down to around half-health but gave up after awhile. Fun boss but some really odd hit detection on his weak point. Ended up having to use AOE attacks to hit it reliably.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Gyoru posted:

New patch coming this month.

WHY

Nearly every significant complaint I have with the game relates in some way to the need to raise the difficulty artificially. They catch on to the absence of difficulty settings, and...go in the opposite direction. I'm not sure what to say except that I hope this is at least indicative of a non-stupid hard mode in the future.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
My biggest complaint is the stamina system and the traveling. It wouldn't be so bad if you had unlimited stamina as long as you aren't climbing or you aren't using special moves.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

My biggest complaint is the stamina system and the traveling. It wouldn't be so bad if you had unlimited stamina as long as you aren't climbing or you aren't using special moves.

This has been bothering me since I started playing. Is there an easy combination to produce the infinite stamina potion? Long distance travel sucks with no fast travel outside the portal stones.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Gestalt Intellect posted:

WHY

Nearly every significant complaint I have with the game relates in some way to the need to raise the difficulty artificially. They catch on to the absence of difficulty settings, and...go in the opposite direction. I'm not sure what to say except that I hope this is at least indicative of a non-stupid hard mode in the future.
Yeah, I don't get it either but as you said I hope this means that Capcom will be working on a harder difficlty later on. I just hope that they won't go with what I like to call the Bethsoft solution, i.e turning every enemy into a giant HP sponge.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Add a hellhound summoning lich to every fight. Boom game is harder.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Samurai Sanders posted:

I know, people here are certainly hungry for more!

:downsrim:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Duke Chin posted:

I know, people here are certainly hungry for more!

:downsrim:
Come to think of it I think I bought the game closer to breakfast time.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Whoever is using my pawn, you may or may not want to update her. She's got the same abilities (a few are now "high" versions) but she uh, well all that business of fighting the dragons and um, other stuff, she didn't really make it through unscatched. She got very scathed as a matter of fact.

On another note, suppose I want to use the assassin ability to just go it on my own. If I throw my pawn off a cliff and leave her dead, does she still accumulate xp or am I gonna have to get that for her later?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Saxophone posted:

Whoever is using my pawn, you may or may not want to update her. She's got the same abilities (a few are now "high" versions) but she uh, well all that business of fighting the dragons and um, other stuff, she didn't really make it through unscatched. She got very scathed as a matter of fact.

On another note, suppose I want to use the assassin ability to just go it on my own. If I throw my pawn off a cliff and leave her dead, does she still accumulate xp or am I gonna have to get that for her later?

No, the pawn has to be with you to get experience.

If you're going to use Autonomy just make it a permanent decision and then you won't need to worry about your pawn being underleveled later on.

Tanyu
Feb 19, 2011

Saxophone posted:

:v:

Both of our magic users need to go on a diet. I didn't know fighting dragons could give them a case of the hambeast.

Hope you got enough Rift Crystals from my rentals.

EDIT: more words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Saxophone posted:

Pawns powerlevel themselves if you bring them back so don't sweat it.

• Locked thread