Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
There should be 5, it sounds like you're SabtoSickbeard script isn't running. If it is, there will be a fifth icon that looks like a scroll, and it will say in green below that "Processing succeeded for $filesource"

If you don't have that then you're not running the post processing script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

FISHMANPET posted:

There should be 5, it sounds like you're SabtoSickbeard script isn't running. If it is, there will be a fifth icon that looks like a scroll, and it will say in green below that "Processing succeeded for $filesource"

If you don't have that then you're not running the post processing script.

Yeah but I don't think I ever was running that script and I have tons of other shows that are where they are supposed to be. Including ones from tonight. I doubt the lack of that script is the problem.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Something has to tell Sickbeard to process a show, and that something is usually SABtoSickbeard. Sounds like something in your setup is a little screwy, to be honest.

I know you've posted your settings in the past, but can you screenshot them for us now? I'd like to see where SAB is putting downloads (the category page) and Sickbeard's post-processing page.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

EC posted:

Something has to tell Sickbeard to process a show, and that something is usually SABtoSickbeard. Sounds like something in your setup is a little screwy, to be honest.

I know you've posted your settings in the past, but can you screenshot them for us now? I'd like to see where SAB is putting downloads (the category page) and Sickbeard's post-processing page.

Nah he's probably been using the built-in folder scanning feature. Using the script it's preferable though.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Probably that, yes.

Is the script easy to use? Can you use it with/on a mac? Is there a good laymen's writeup of how to implement the script?

Honestly, I'm hesitant to use it based on the fact that EVERYTHING has been working fine until I put it all on an external HDD. Shows processing, but then flat out not showing up anywhere at all is random, intermittent, and totally new.

I just have to wonder what may be causing it. Other shows are working fine. Even last night right around the same time this one downloaded/processed/ and disappeared!

Lord Dekks
Jan 24, 2005

Has anyone else had problems with the Chrome extension SABConnect++ recently? For the past week I keep getting 'This extension has crashed, click here to reload' pop-up, mostly if I alt-tab away and then flip back to Chrome.

It still works once I reload it, just didn't know if this is something thats been happening to other people or if maybe my Chrome profile has become corrupted and could do with a clear out.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Lord Dekks posted:

Has anyone else had problems with the Chrome extension SABConnect++ recently? For the past week I keep getting 'This extension has crashed, click here to reload' pop-up, mostly if I alt-tab away and then flip back to Chrome.

It still works once I reload it, just didn't know if this is something thats been happening to other people or if maybe my Chrome profile has become corrupted and could do with a clear out.

If you used my temporary fork, make sure to switch back to the official one now that it's updating again. Otherwise no, can't say I've had any problems using it with NZBs.org and two SAB instances.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Alright, I am thoroughly confused. I installed CouchPotato Server from source on Win7, and it runs fine, but changes in the settings don't seem to take. I've changed the port it's listening on, but even after shutting it down, it still uses the default port. Also when I try to set folders for the renamer, the popup to choose a folder is blank. I would just change these options in the config file, except I don't know where it is. :iiam:

edit: I may have fixed the port issue but I still can't set folders.

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 30, 2012

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I think I'm going to get around to changing to CPS. Can it import the wanted database from the old CouchPotato?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Thermopyle posted:

I think I'm going to get around to changing to CPS. Can it import the wanted database from the old CouchPotato?

Yeah, there was a wizard or something when I did mine. It took a couple of hours for them to show up correctly, but there's been no issues since.

If you use a mobile app to manage CP, make sure it supports CPS. It doesn't work very well in mobile Safari or Chrome (on iOS, desktop works fine). Quoch doesn't work reliably either.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
If Sickbeard hasn't pulled in a thumbnail for a particular episode, is there a way to make it try again?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Also, I've been wondering why Sickbeard hasn't seemed to be finding stuff on nzb.su. I just noticed this in the console:

ERROR::SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error while searching NZB.su, skipping: unknown url type: nzb.su/api?age=1100&apikey=[redacted]&t=tvsearch&cat=5040%2C5030

How do I fix that?

Edit: Further research says this is a known bug in Sickbeard. I had to manually edit config.ini to fix it.

...! fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 31, 2012

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

Mine basically shat the bed when I tried to do it on FreeNAS. Luckily my CP only had 5 things in it.

protip for CPS, it runs on port 5050, not 5000. So you can keep both running while you make CPS work and your list doesn't disappear.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Sickbeard is ignoring my setting of certain episodes to "Ignored." I did this because I've set up one particular show with a directory structure that's a lot different from all my other shows. Now Sickbeard's deleting episodes I've downloaded and replacing them with different episodes. What the gently caress? Ignore means ignore, Sickbeard. :mad:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

What is this SABtoSickBeard thing you guys talk about? I dont see the little scroll icon, yet all my poo poo gets named and moved by sickbeard as it normally would.

im on OSX though, so maybe thats the difference.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Laserface posted:

What is this SABtoSickBeard thing you guys talk about? I dont see the little scroll icon, yet all my poo poo gets named and moved by sickbeard as it normally would.

im on OSX though, so maybe thats the difference.

It's a script that comes with sickbeard, that when used in sabnzbd calls sickbeard directly to deal with a download instead of having it continuously scan a folder for new files. Using it also gives you nice logs within sab when hovering over that little scroll icon.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah I don't know what's up. I have a show (on my external) stuck (twice) in CompletedTV folder, but didn't process out to the show's specific folder (also on my external.)

SB's status of it after looking at it the first time was "Snatched" but didn't say "Downloaded".

Gonna have to dig into this more when I get home I guess...

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Feenix posted:

Yeah I don't know what's up. I have a show (on my external) stuck (twice) in CompletedTV folder, but didn't process out to the show's specific folder (also on my external.)

SB's status of it after looking at it the first time was "Snatched" but didn't say "Downloaded".

Gonna have to dig into this more when I get home I guess...

My setup using the SABtoSickbeard script works flawlessly. I'd suggest trying that out for a bit and see if you still have issues.

- Copy the AutoProcessTV folder to somewhere SAB has access to (I usually just put it in SAB's install dir)
- In SAB, go to Config > Folders and set the Post-Processing script folder to where ever you moved the AutoProcessTV folder to
- In SAB, go to Config > Categories, and set SABtoSickbeard.exe as the script to run when a download finishes (for the category SB uses when sending shows to SAB)
- In the same spot, set a download folder to put those shows in when they're done. This should NOT be the same folder as your TV shows, ideally it's one only used for this purpose. Also, it should NOT be the same folder you have defined in Sickbeard > Config > Post-Process as the TV Download folder.

So now, when a TV show is done SAB will move the file to the correct dir, then tell Sickbeard "hey do your thing". Sickbeard will rename the file, move it to your TV shows dir, and then change the status from "snatched" to "downloaded".

Edit: at minimum, this will give you more logs to troubleshoot why your downloads are disappearing. Hopefully it'll fix it altogether, though.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

EC posted:

My setup using the SABtoSickbeard script works flawlessly. I'd suggest trying that out for a bit and see if you still have issues.

- Copy the AutoProcessTV folder to somewhere SAB has access to (I usually just put it in SAB's install dir)
- In SAB, go to Config > Folders and set the Post-Processing script folder to where ever you moved the AutoProcessTV folder to
- In SAB, go to Config > Categories, and set SABtoSickbeard.exe as the script to run when a download finishes (for the category SB uses when sending shows to SAB)
- In the same spot, set a download folder to put those shows in when they're done. This should NOT be the same folder as your TV shows, ideally it's one only used for this purpose. Also, it should NOT be the same folder you have defined in Sickbeard > Config > Post-Process as the TV Download folder.

So now, when a TV show is done SAB will move the file to the correct dir, then tell Sickbeard "hey do your thing". Sickbeard will rename the file, move it to your TV shows dir, and then change the status from "snatched" to "downloaded".

Edit: at minimum, this will give you more logs to troubleshoot why your downloads are disappearing. Hopefully it'll fix it altogether, though.

Thanks Braj. I will try this very thing tonight! :)

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

...! posted:

Sickbeard is ignoring my setting of certain episodes to "Ignored." I did this because I've set up one particular show with a directory structure that's a lot different from all my other shows. Now Sickbeard's deleting episodes I've downloaded and replacing them with different episodes. What the gently caress? Ignore means ignore, Sickbeard. :mad:

I know this isn't helpful but seriously your sickbeard is hosed up or something. I run the windows binaries and everything I have set to ignore in the past 2 years or however long ive used sickbeard has been ignored.

On another note I really wish someone would improve the interface of CPS.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009
Just fyi Nzbs.org opened up invites, the only catch is they are only giving out 50 per day to random members.

mattisacomputer
Jul 13, 2007

Philadelphia Sports: Classy and Sophisticated.

Yeah I heard about that, if anyone gets one i hope they offer it up!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

EC posted:

1- Copy the AutoProcessTV folder to somewhere SAB has access to (I usually just put it in SAB's install dir)
2- In SAB, go to Config > Folders and set the Post-Processing script folder to where ever you moved the AutoProcessTV folder to
3- In SAB, go to Config > Categories, and set SABtoSickbeard.exe as the script to run when a download finishes (for the category SB uses when sending shows to SAB)
4- In the same spot, set a download folder to put those shows in when they're done. This should NOT be the same folder as your TV shows, ideally it's one only used for this purpose. Also, it should NOT be the same folder you have defined in Sickbeard > Config > Post-Process as the TV Download folder.

Ok, I'm trying this out now and I'm stuck...

I numbered your steps. So I can repeat what I am doing.

1) I took a "copy" of autoprocessTV and made a folder in applications called "TV" and placed the "copy" of autoprocessTV there.

2) I browsed to /Applications/TV/ and pointed the post-processing script there.

3) Stuck I went to Config > Categories. I see 2 pick list/field type dealies. Nothing that even says/states/indicates anything about SABtoSickbeard.exe (also I'm on a Mac, does this being an exe matter?)

4) Can't obviously get here yet...

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Hm, I don't have a mac, and honestly have no idea. Do you see anything in the drop down box? On my (Windows) install it lists every file in the AutoProcessTV folder.

You do have a "tv show" category created and everything right?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

EC posted:

Hm, I don't have a mac, and honestly have no idea. Do you see anything in the drop down box? On my (Windows) install it lists every file in the AutoProcessTV folder.

You do have a "tv show" category created and everything right?

Yeah nothing in those fields. Sorry.

I'm testing some other stuff... any one have any idea why I can't change the Completed and Incomplete folders back to my Downloads folder on my Mac in SAB?

I hit Save. Go away, come back (even restarted SAB) and it just goes back to the external drive I had it pathed to before. Very odd.

And this is what my categories section in SAB looks like:

http://cl.ly/image/3d0b303K1S1g

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
If you're on a Mac, you need to use sabToSickbeard.py. For my install on Linux, I needed to put the autoProcessTV script (not an exe if you're not on Windows) in there with sabToSickbeard.py as well after it kept complaining that it couldn't find autoProcessTV on the path.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Feenix posted:

Yeah nothing in those fields. Sorry.

I'm testing some other stuff... any one have any idea why I can't change the Completed and Incomplete folders back to my Downloads folder on my Mac in SAB?

I hit Save. Go away, come back (even restarted SAB) and it just goes back to the external drive I had it pathed to before. Very odd.

And this is what my categories section in SAB looks like:

http://cl.ly/image/3d0b303K1S1g

Besides what necrobobsledder said regarding macs, you need to do a couple of extra steps then:

1. In SAB, confirm that the folder listed in Config > Folders > Post-Processing Scripts Folder is the path that has the SABtoSickbeard.py file (I couldn't tell from your post if you did this part or not).

2. Create a new Category in SAB. Name it "tv shows" or something, and make sure it looks like this:

3. In Sickbeard > Config > Search Settings > NZB Search > SAB Category is set to whatever you created in step 2.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

EC posted:

Besides what necrobobsledder said regarding macs, you need to do a couple of extra steps then:

1. In SAB, confirm that the folder listed in Config > Folders > Post-Processing Scripts Folder is the path that has the SABtoSickbeard.py file (I couldn't tell from your post if you did this part or not).

2. Create a new Category in SAB. Name it "tv shows" or something, and make sure it looks like this:

3. In Sickbeard > Config > Search Settings > NZB Search > SAB Category is set to whatever you created in step 2.

Ok I did all that. I'm about to test it out and see.
:)

[edit] I've gone and messed about with so many things... what part of either app is now indicating that the FINAL show directory should be on my External drive? Where do I set (or confirm I still have that set)?

[edit2] What should be in that 5th box for me where you have Incoming\Sickbeardtemp

What should that path be pointing to?

I'm getting errors in SB that say:

2012-07-31 21:19:12.275893 POSTPROCESSER :: You're trying to post process an episode that's already been moved to its show dir

[edit3]

http://cl.ly/image/2h2N2V1a3B1l

Feenix fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 1, 2012

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Update; I actually got SABtoSickbeard.py working nicely I think. One caveat. Despite adding the script in Categories like was suggested, (it added it to the third row, check out the link: http://cl.ly/image/2h2N2V1a3B1l ) when a download is actually running on SAB, it's just set to some nonscript default and I have to use the dropdown and manually choose SABtoSickbeard.py and THEN it will run the script.
Is there a way to force that to happen automatically?

Clearly there must be and I'm sure its super obvious and I'm just missin' it. :)

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
New version of Qouch came out, and it works well with CPS.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Nask26 posted:

Just fyi Nzbs.org opened up invites, the only catch is they are only giving out 50 per day to random members.

If anyone does get one of these and wants to give it away, you might want to start up a PGS thread and link it here instead of posting the code here.

Ronald Duck
Jun 26, 2005
My mum says I’m cool.

Feenix posted:

Update; I actually got SABtoSickbeard.py working nicely I think. One caveat. Despite adding the script in Categories like was suggested, (it added it to the third row, check out the link: http://cl.ly/image/2h2N2V1a3B1l ) when a download is actually running on SAB, it's just set to some nonscript default and I have to use the dropdown and manually choose SABtoSickbeard.py and THEN it will run the script.

Clearly there must be and I'm sure its super obvious and I'm just missin' it. :)

You need to tell Sickbeard to use the TV category when adding nzbs to sabnzbd.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Feenix posted:

Ok I did all that. I'm about to test it out and see.
:)

[edit] I've gone and messed about with so many things... what part of either app is now indicating that the FINAL show directory should be on my External drive? Where do I set (or confirm I still have that set)?

[edit2] What should be in that 5th box for me where you have Incoming\Sickbeardtemp

The final show dir is where Sickbeard either scanned files from (in the case of existing shows) or where you told Sickbeard to save new files to (in the case of adding new shows). That's why I told you above to create a whole new dir that wasn't your TV Shows directory and wasn't used for anything else for the Sickbeard temp dir.

My setup isn't complicated:
- Relative paths are setup for \\Server\Videos
- Sickbeard stores all TV shows in \\Server\Videos\TV Shows
- SAB uses \\Server\Videos\Incoming for files its downloading
- The TV category is set to \Incoming\Sickbeardtemp.

Looking at the screenshot below, I can't really tell your folder structure, but I'm going to guess that "CompletedTV" is where you store all your TV shows, which is not what you want. I would set it up so that relative paths are setup for /users/bstar/downloads, and SAB's "completed download folder is /users/bstar/downloads as well. You can change both of those in SAB > Config > Folders. Then I would:

1. Create the dir /users/bstar/downloads/sickbearttemp (or whatever)
2. Point your TV category to dir you created in 3. All you'll need to type in is the path after your relative path (in the examples I'm using, it would be "sickbeardtemp").
3. Make sure you have sabToSickbeard.py selected in the Script column for the TV category in SAB.
4. In Sickbeard > Config > Search Settings > NZB Search > SAB Category is set the TV category.

Step 4 is the key to fixing your issue below. Sickbeard adds the file to SAB with the category TV, which SAB knows uses the sabToSickbeard.py script as a default, which means it'll automatically run when the TV show is finished.

Feenix posted:

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
To get the category automatically assigned to Sickbeard-originating downloads you're supposed to specify the category to use in SABnzbd from the Sickbeard side. It's under Search Options -> NZB Search -> SABnzbd category for me.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Someone posted a big list of ignore words for CP recently. Would that person mind doing it again?

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Someone posted a big list of ignore words for CP recently. Would that person mind doing it again?

Thermopyle posted:

I haven't went over these in like a year, but here's my Ignore Words in case anyone cares:

subpack,nlsub,swesub,subbed,subs,dirfix,samplefix,nfofix,dvdextras,sample,extras,special,dubbed,german,french,core2hd,3DBD,hdchina,dvd9,avchd,hdtv

Probably should have some more stuff in there...

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Thank you! I added Dutch and Spanish to that list as well.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Thanks to one and all (especially EC, who offered me some one on one time over chat if needed)

I do believe I got everything set up with post-processing. It works a charm at the moment and I don't see why it wouldn't continue to do so. :)

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I was using this list but I suggest removing "special". There were a couple older movies it wasn't picking up because they were re-released at special editions and CP ignored them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
If I'm on CouchPotato (on a mac, if it matters) and want to step up to CouchPotatoServer, is it easy to do so? Do I need to start from scratch? Any advice, warnings or "gotchas" with going to CPS?