Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Houseplant posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for something in the same vein as Myrath, Orphaned Land or Arkan? Been on a middle-eastern-influenced kick lately and I'm always on the hunt. I've also given Al-Namrood some spins and even thrown Rotting Christ in there for some of the chanting.

Scarab, Death Metal with some middle eastern influences

Melechesh Black Metal w/middle so on
More Melechesh

Nervecell Death Metal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

Stoat posted:

Samples from Devin Townsend's upcoming Epicloud are on Youtube courtesy of the man himself. Sounds pretty good if you like classic Devin. The remake of Kingdom sounds fantastic.

Sounds cheesy as hell, but I love Devin's particular brand of cheese so its going to be awesome. Unfortunately, like some of his other stuff, it sounds a tad too processed.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

aliencowboy posted:

Slasher Dave needs to put out another Horrific LP.

I just pressed the quote button as hard as I could to say that the Horrific album was SO AWESOME. I would kill for another.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Whoops double posted. :black101:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Saw the Summer Slaughter tour last night and Goatwhore and Exhumed did awesome. I didn't enjoy most of the other deathcore acts, but it was enjoyable being old metal man watching the hardcore children run into each other from the balcony. The worst part of the night was some pig squealing female fronted band called Cerebral Bore. It was like watching some lame garage band that some relative you hardly know plays in.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Harpos is the safest it has ever been. They have had metal detectors since dime got shot, armed security in the lot, and they no longer let 18 year kids in the back stairway for half price with glass bottles of jack daniels. Btw being 18 and going to Harpos owned in 2002.

I got my car broken into when i was 17 back in 1998 or 1999 at a fear factory show there. I loving love Harpos but nobody plays there anymore :(

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I've been wanting to post about my friends band for a while now that is called Goemagot. They are from Rochester, NY and play an amazing brand of brutal death metal that really came out of loving no where. They are currently signed to Sevared Records and put out a three-song demo back in late June. They also completed a midwest/east coast tour a few weeks back, and they loving kill it live. Currently they are writing new material for a full-length that will be recorded in October/November, and I am really excited for them. Go check them out and be amazed at how loving good these three young guys are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocuIGtxdiso

Optimum Gulps
Oct 6, 2003

You wanna save this place, right? And I want to destroy it. Brick by hypocritical brick.

Daedra posted:

Saw the Summer Slaughter tour last night and Goatwhore and Exhumed did awesome. I didn't enjoy most of the other deathcore acts, but it was enjoyable being old metal man watching the hardcore children run into each other from the balcony. The worst part of the night was some pig squealing female fronted band called Cerebral Bore. It was like watching some lame garage band that some relative you hardly know plays in.

Yeah, from what I've seen Cerebral Bore are not the greatest live act in the world. Their studio work is absolutely killer, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWE9YmB8reQ

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

QPZIL posted:

I just pressed the quote button as hard as I could to say that the Horrific album was SO AWESOME. I would kill for another.

You need to make a song about Satan's camera.

Shao821
May 28, 2005

You want SHOCK?! I'll SHOCK you full of SHOCK!

Looks like the Lamb of God/Dethklok tour is officially canceled due to Randy's continued problems in the Hinterlands...

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Thanks for the update, friend! :thumbsup:

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
That tour is currently being rescheduled for the Fall, with the bulk of the shows coming in October.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Just saw Sacred Reich live at the Porispere festival here in my home city.
Wasn't familiar at all with the band before they were announced for the festival, pretty much just listened to Surf Nicaragua and found it a drat good thrash piece.
But sweet mother of Moses, they were awesome live. Fantastic synergy with the crowd, really drat tight playing, good sounds. drat intense poo poo.

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007

Gorilla Radio posted:

Scarab, Death Metal with some middle eastern influences

Melechesh Black Metal w/middle so on
More Melechesh

Nervecell Death Metal

Thanks for those. I'll have to give Nervecell a listen and I'd forgotten about Scarab.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Maiden was goddamn amazing tonight.

Colonial Eddie owns.

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

aliencowboy posted:

Slasher Dave needs to put out another Horrific LP.

I asked him about it when they played Chicago a year ago, he said something to the tune of thats pretty much over, that was a razorback records thing. Acid Witch is no longer on RB, and it doesnt sound like he plans on doing anything more with Horrific.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Maiden was goddamn amazing tonight.

Colonial Eddie owns.

So Jealous. I can't wait for this tour to make it round to Europe (assuming it will). I think I'm gonna try and do as many dates as possible.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Wyzt posted:

I asked him about it when they played Chicago a year ago, he said something to the tune of thats pretty much over, that was a razorback records thing. Acid Witch is no longer on RB, and it doesnt sound like he plans on doing anything more with Horrific.

That's really unfortunate, the Horrific album is awesome.

Also require a new Acid Witch as soon as possible. Acid Witch is the loving greatest

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic
A small website I occasionally write for just put out a compilation of tracks from a bunch of independent bands that have sent us promos. Everything in there has permission from the artists/labels to be distributed. There's a wide variety of stuff in here, so check it out and see if you like any of it.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Roasted Donut posted:

That's really unfortunate, the Horrific album is awesome.

Also require a new Acid Witch as soon as possible. Acid Witch is the loving greatest

Definitely. Horrific was awesome but Acid Witch RULES.

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

With repeat listens, I'm enjoying it. If you liked The Formation of Damnation, like I did, you should enjoy The Dark Roots of Earth.

Yeah, The Dark Roots of Earth reminds me a lot of The Formation of Damnation. I am really impressed by how consistent Testament remains compared to the better known Thrash bands like Megadeth and Metallica. I know it's cliche to complain about Mustaine and popularity is never an indication of quality (particularly true for Metal) but goddamn, Testament should get more exposure! The mixing and mastering on The Dark Roots of Earth are also rather good and deserve a special mention.

I am a bit confused why Rob Zombie appears on the cover of a Testament album, though...

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 22, 2016

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The thing that fucks up Madness is everyone else on vocals, especially Adrian. Jesus, leave that poo poo to Bruce.

What's interesting, is Bruce did say that they had to leave some stuff out of the Concord show due to time constraints or something. I'm kind of wondering how much stuff you guys missed. Eddie only came walking out on stage during Run to the Hills, but there were a couple other gigantic Eddies behind the set that came up during Clairvoyant and 1 or 2 other songs that I can't remember.

VVV: sorry, I meant Shoreline. Concord is where I saw them a few years ago :v:

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 7, 2012

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 22, 2016

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Half the time, I don't think Jannick's guitar is even plugged in with all the running around, throwing his guitar, and loving with Eddie he does.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
New Sylosis is the bomb.

Sylosis - Born Anew

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Surprised nobody else posted this, but hey, maybe it's not really filtered through yet: Shrapnel has decided that the London Southern Cross fest date with Assaulter, Hobbs Angel of Death and Gospel of the Horns was his final show with Destroyer 666. Destroyer will continue of course, but he's been an integral part of that band for the past 16 years.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

The Clit Avoider posted:

Surprised nobody else posted this, but hey, maybe it's not really filtered through yet: Shrapnel has decided that the London Southern Cross fest date with Assaulter, Hobbs Angel of Death and Gospel of the Horns was his final show with Destroyer 666. Destroyer will continue of course, but he's been an integral part of that band for the past 16 years.

gently caress. Whoever takes up the mantle better have some killer riff writing abilities.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I wish my name were Shrapnel that rules

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

This link is dead, here's a new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xBhjiLCvhM

It's pretty cool, it reminds me of Psycroptic.

Wartooth
May 31, 2011
One of my favourite thrash bands, Coroner, just happens to play at Jalometalli metal festival all the way up here in northern Finland next Friday. I was going there anyway but drat, what a coincidence. It seems they reunited just last year after a 15 year break too. Then again, the festival had Carcass in 2010, who I never thought I'd see live. They also have Vader, Iced Earth, and a lot of bands that I've never heard about but sound pretty cool.

For instance, how well known is Gorguts? I feel like I've heard the name before but I haven't heard the band. Same thing with Municipal Waste.

Also, this band is also playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5av2oGfw34g. It's a fairly old Finnish thrash metal band called A.O.D. Definitely looking forward to seeing them as well.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Trees and Squids posted:

This link is dead, here's a new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xBhjiLCvhM

It's pretty cool, it reminds me of Psycroptic.

Thanks, didn't notice the video went down.

Here's the second new Sylosis by the way:

Sylosis - A Dying Vine

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Thanks, didn't notice the video went down.

Here's the second new Sylosis by the way:

Sylosis - A Dying Vine

I liked the second song a lot more. It seemed a lot faster and more interesting. The previous track was sort of midpaced by their standards, and not really good enough to hold my attention. I'm really hoping that Monolith is their best record yet, I want a tighter EotE.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Just when I believed that I had heard even combination of death metal to come out of Sweden I stumble across, Necrovation. Their new S/T release is already out in Europe, but it's getting a US release next week. It's like equal parts Darkthrone / Entombed / Repugnant in a blackened doom bundle. Good stuff!

Necrovation's Sepulchreal

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.
I'm having a good month for tunes. The new Testament is loving good, Grave's Endless Procession of Souls is great, and now this guy here Necrovation.

I think the new Testament has so little in common with that piece of crap they put out last time it's not even in the same league. SO much more interesting.

And the new Grave is surprisingly good. LIGHTYEARS beyond the last few albums, definitely going back to Into The Grave/You'll Never See days. Perimortem is a loving AWESOME song. I can't wait to see them on tour with Dark Funeral next month. The last of the remaining Swedish founding bands...

I like what I'm hearing with Necrovation. I gotta look into their poo poo now

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Just when I believed that I had heard even combination of death metal to come out of Sweden I stumble across, Necrovation. Their new S/T release is already out in Europe, but it's getting a US release next week. It's like equal parts Darkthrone / Entombed / Repugnant in a blackened doom bundle. Good stuff!

Necrovation's Sepulchreal

This loving rules. Thanks!

I'd also like to recommend for those of you who enjoy dirty black/death metal to check out Antediluvian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI1y9x_qn-w

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Click here to listen to a song from the new Enslaved album

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

How come Manowar doesn't use steel drums?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I am personally very fond of Resurgency's latest. Pretty good Death Metal. They're Greek so you know they've gone through some poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3zmNwoQvXk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

I want this album now.