Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Somebody posted this video in the GBS Youtube thread,and for some reason I immediately thought "Dipper and Mabel: The Early Years"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrWA3Fu6wto

Am...am I weird for making that association? Oh God, this show's in my head!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

mobo85 posted:

Freddy and the Weasel The Gravity Falls Gossiper did a special episode with Alex Hirsch in character as Grunkle Stan. "Come for the mystery, stay because, uh, I stole the wheels off your car and you can't leave!"

Well this loving rules.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That is really cool of Alex Hirsch to do that :allears:

edit: "And as good as I am at getting women to want to take a ride on the ol' Stan-o-War" :lol:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Aug 7, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
There was so many great jokes in that I couldn't keep track. I sincerely wish someone does a transcript.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I dunno how he does it, but Grunkle Stan just gets better and better!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
So I've started watching this show lately and wow, it's pretty amazing. The number of great voice actors is really astonishing. Kristen Schaal, John Oliver, Gregg Turkington (AKA Neil Thurop Van Orman. It's some pretty impressive stuff!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Shmorky made a Gravity Falls comic!

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Mabel is adorable even when she's being twisted by an evil god.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

I want that loving sweater.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Double Dipper is out on Disney Channel on Demand.

Oh God, Paper Jam Dipper. Also Niki Yang, yessss!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Gonna have a bunch of new .gifs up in this thread I bet.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Double Dipper is absolutely hilarious. Normally you would expect a character like Dipper to be the cool level headed one balancing out a character like Mabel's craziness, but he's just as crazy in a different way.

BMO voice! She can't not sound like BMO though. Dipper's birthmark! Tyrone! Dipper's jealousy fantasy!

IT'S BETTER THIS WAY FOR
PAPER JAM DIPPER

I have magazine boys!

Jason Ritter must have had a field day voicing this episode.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Sockser posted:

Gonna have a bunch of new .gifs up in this thread I bet.

http://i.minus.com/iSjZ7kXxc1svF.gif

Neeeeyah, neeeeyaah!

Sonictic
Sep 11, 2003

marquise bossyfangs mcsekret
Mabel said comedy gold, do you think she is a goon?

Also I want to gif basically this entire thing.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Newest episode was fantastic, honestly my favorite one so far.

Also, did anyone else notice that Dipper Clones 3 and 4 never show back up after stealing the bike?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Actually going back and watching it, you're right. I wouldn't normally put much thought into that into any other show, but that is surely going to be brought up again at some point.

edit: I also noticed that the colors on the Dipper clones are slightly faded compared to real Dipper

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 8, 2012

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Actually going back and watching it, you're right. I wouldn't normally put much thought into that into any other show, but that is surely going to be brought up again at some point.

HE'S STILL IN THE VENTS

I thought Dipper vs. Manliness was a bit weaker than the other episodes but they came back strong with this one and it might be at the top of my list.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Beautiful. I liked just about everything about this episode. Dipper pouring one out for Tyrone. Paper Jam Dipper. The shared jealousy fantasy. Everything Candy said.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
It's better this way for Paper Jam Dipper. :pwn:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Double Dipper's secret message: PAPER JAM DIPPER SAYS: 'AUUGHWXQHGADSADUH!'

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

BMO voice :neckbeard:

Really fun episode, a cool look into Dipper's psyche. Dude I had the same jealousy fantasy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh that was fantastic. I love that the clones turning wasn't fuelled by jealousy but as a representation of Dipper's over-analytical side. And Paper Jam Dipper :smith:

Turbo-Pharaoh
Jan 9, 2011
I lost it at Soos' keyboard having the stereotypical "YEAH!"

Speaking of, http://i.imgur.com/nLxQc.gif

Turbo-Pharaoh fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 8, 2012

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Turbo-Pharaoh posted:

I lost it at Soos' keyboard having the stereotypical "YEAH!"

Speaking of, http://i.imgur.com/nLxQc.gif

"Remember dudes, whoever... party hardeys? What?" :lol:

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

God drat I doubt I'll ever get enough of Soos's keyboard. I remember back when I was in school and our music room had a dozen Casios in there which had similar patches on that we'd abuse, and his keyboard's about as wonderful and goofy.

Also the barf intro owns. COMEDY GOLD!

edit: if someone can turn :barf: into silly string barfing I'd love you forever.

an_mutt fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 8, 2012

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

an_mutt posted:

edit: if someone can turn :barf: into silly string barfing I'd love you forever.

Kinda sucky attempt:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I absolutely loved the way they handled Dipper's Clones. It's not like they were evil or anything, they were literally just copies of himself. Dipper and Tyrone's interactions were basically how I would imagine interactions would be between me and a clone of myself.

I was also pretty sad that Mabel lost the competition. I hope we see more of Pacific as an antagonist, perhaps with her own supernatural problems.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Soos was in fine form this episode and Wendy continues to be legitimately really cool.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Just when I thought this show couldn't get better, BMO's voice shows up. :allears:

I agree that this might be the best episode yet.

edit:Ugh may have to get a gravity falls avatar but it's between this and Archer what do i dooooo

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Aug 9, 2012

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Soos is like a cat! :3:

take my life... please!
May 31, 2006

We make everything you need and you need everything we make.
I'm waiting for tomorrow to watch it with friends (I'm dying for this next episode), so in the mean time I made this to keep me occupied.

Das Flavor Pups

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Chexoid posted:

Just when I thought this show couldn't get better, BMO's voice shows up. :allears:

I agree that this might be the best episode yet.

edit:Ugh may have to get a gravity falls avatar but it's between this and Archer what do i dooooo

Combine the two!

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
I love the subtle things in this show that further establish the characters' personalities but any kids show could be forgiven for not including, like how Dippercares to keep the silly string behind his head so as to keep the illusion of barfing while Mabel does no uh hing

There's no point to it other than to add flavor and it's glorious :allears:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Oh yeah. I also got a pretty big laught out of this gag: http://i.imgur.com/WVvAT.jpg

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Gah, I can't watch this yet! I have satellite, so to get on demand, I have to hook it up to the internet, but the router is far away from the receiver box...I'd rather not have an unsightly Cat5 cord draped about.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
I'm so glad Mabel finally found her people.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
I've been working on this forever and it's finally done so here it is!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Gw-I_sEJc&hd=1

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Chibs posted:

Haha, this is amazing. Soldier as Grunkle Stan fits perfectly. Pyro Wendy is a nice touch as well.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
....Human BMO? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Chibs posted:

Excellent work :golfclap:

edit: I seriously can not get a single one of my friends to care enough to check out Gravity Falls :smith: How do you guys do it?!

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Aug 11, 2012

• Locked thread