Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khobra
Jul 26, 2006

Bwahaha!
Anybody know some relatively easy bread and butter combos for kanji? Or which moves can combo into his c.B? Basically my entire goal is to combo into the anti-air grab as much as possible cause it's hella cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
If you've got them in the corner, you can do 214C, 2B, 236C, 236A. Pretty big chunk of damage.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Khobra posted:

Anybody know some relatively easy bread and butter combos for kanji? Or which moves can combo into his c.B? Basically my entire goal is to combo into the anti-air grab as much as possible cause it's hella cool.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?225-Kanji-Tatsumi

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Chie's new voice actor Erin Fitzgerald does a really good job. Yeah, her first two lines are a bit weird, but she's also supposed to be overjoyed and screaming with enthusiasm. You can't really get a good gauge on someone's vocal skills with that in mind.

Sam Riegel as Teddie, I imagined would be grating at first. I mean, I love Dave Wittenberg's portrayal of him in the original Persona 4. He's still very bubbly and silly though, so it's not too hard to get used to the differences.

As for Naoto, she did get changed, right? To Michelle Ruff? If you'd not have told me that, I wouldn't even know. She does a very good job at playing the part.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.
Just got all the matches from last night uploaded to youtube. Time to watching a whole lotta AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Except Troffen.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL25397B7746D65258&feature=plcp

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

The Grimace posted:

Chie's new voice actor Erin Fitzgerald does a really good job. Yeah, her first two lines are a bit weird, but she's also supposed to be overjoyed and screaming with enthusiasm. You can't really get a good gauge on someone's vocal skills with that in mind.

I always figured her first line is supposed to be exaggerated and fake sounding since she's trying to hide from Yu that the Midnight Channel is back. I thought Fitzgerald did a great job during Chie's "bad end" of her story path when Chie and Akihiko fight over the beef bowl. That was hilarious.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

The Grimace posted:

As for Naoto, she did get changed, right? To Michelle Ruff? If you'd not have told me that, I wouldn't even know. She does a very good job at playing the part.

As far as I know there was no change in VA from P4. People keep thinking that the VA was changed because somebody else was used for P4 the animation.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Is Marin Karin with Mitsuru worth using? I don't know, it doesn't really seem to do much, but I could be doing it wrong :(

Yes it's very worth using. It's unblockable, though it isn't actually a "hit". It's also homing so it's pretty easy to hit with it. The effect is that it constantly drains the other player's SP meter and gives it to you. You gain the meter even if theirs is empty too.

It's really useful not so much for building your own bar, but to deny the other player meter. You can also land it pretty much guaranteed from a bunch of setups.

Anyway, if anyone sees a definitive list of how to unlock everything, please post it here. Want to know how to get the glasses and colors especially.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I beat story mode with Yukiko and did not get the achievement. Is this a known bug? Is it because I made the decision to not worry about the boxed lunch, which is the only decision featured in Yukiko's story, and is ridiculously minor. But it's the only thing I can think of.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 8, 2012

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

LibbyM posted:

I beat story mode with Yukiko and did not get the achievement. Is this a known bug? It can't possibly be because I made the decision to not worry about the boxed lunch, which is the only decision featured in Yukiko's story, and is ridiculously minor. But it's the only thing I can think of.

You have to beat Labrys's story mode to complete the main 4 + Kanji and... Teddie I think?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Man, how many dive kicks does Yu have? From watching videos, I think even Izanagi has one.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

LibbyM posted:

I beat story mode with Yukiko and did not get the achievement. Is this a known bug? Is it because I made the decision to not worry about the boxed lunch, which is the only decision featured in Yukiko's story, and is ridiculously minor. But it's the only thing I can think of.

I'm guessing there are multiple endings and the achievement is for getting them all. I finished Yu's story and got what was obviously the standard ending and I didn't get anything.

EDIT: I'm guessing incorrectly, apparently.

Ryanbomber fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 8, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

BlitzBlast posted:

Man, how many dive kicks does Yu have? From watching videos, I think even Izanagi has one.

He personally has 4 and yeah Izanagi has one as well.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Well, there's a feature that lets you skip through the story at a really fast pace to get back to where you made a decision, so I got right back to where Yukiko's story branches. In the future I think I'll keep the bookmark from right before decisions so it'll go even faster.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
and once you get to finish everyone elses by doing Labrys, they'll let you go back to where the story left off (specifically it says continue from cliffhanger).

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Cityinthesea posted:

and once you get to finish everyone elses by doing Labrys, they'll let you go back to where the story left off (specifically it says continue from cliffhanger).

does the little grey circle become gold or something like that when you've full completed the story? (The one on the character select screen)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

S. Labrys is amazing. It's like having Onslaught from MVC1 as an assist.

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

LibbyM posted:

does the little grey circle become gold or something like that when you've full completed the story? (The one on the character select screen)

Yes, it does.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Endorph posted:

S. Labrys is amazing. It's like having Onslaught from MVC1 as an assist.

Holy poo poo, you're right! I'm now maining S Lab, gently caress errbody

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO
I love this game very much but I'm pretty sure I'm a horrible person for liking Aigis :ohdear:

Kuai
May 25, 2004
Does anyone have any tips for Chie's trial 28? I think I am landing the 2nd 5b late or something because my 236b seems to not get all the hits like in the demonstration.

CaptainPoopsock
May 2, 2005

My dear cherry blossoms.. bloom in full splendor!
If anyone picked up this game and needs a fight stick, Amazon has the WWE Brawl Stick for $30 from $80. The only drawback for this stick was the joystick itself had a very large actuation distance between when you started moving the stick and when it clicked and registered an action. If you're serious at all about these types of games and have this stick you'll probably want to swap out the joystick with a Sanwa. Not sure how long the deal has been going on but the last time it was running for only a day or two. Maybe even less.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

So far I've been having a good time with Yukiko, she's nice and straightforward and combos easily. Her W-Persona moves seem to invoke Lambda-11/Nu-13 from BlazBlue, and I always hated that character...

I can't seem to figure out jump-cancelling, though. One of Yukiko's challenges requires it and I got stuck there.

I'm looking at delving further into Naoto. I was disappointed when I found out that her traps disappear when I get hit. I mean, of course they do, I don't know why I was expecting otherwise because that would be completely broken.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

I love this game very much but I'm pretty sure I'm a horrible person for liking Aigis :ohdear:

Aigis is awesome. Don't feel bad, bro.

evilalien posted:

As far as I know there was no change in VA from P4. People keep thinking that the VA was changed because somebody else was used for P4 the animation.

Oh, is that it? Okay, got it, that makes sense of a few things. I couldn't find anything on IMDB, so I was unsure of any changes to Naoto in specific.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Playing against people online who do nothing but dash mash A is loving annoying as poo poo.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Spiffo posted:

I can't seem to figure out jump-cancelling, though. One of Yukiko's challenges requires it and I got stuck there.

Are we talking a jump cancel or a jump cancel cancel?

If it's just a jump cancel the very simple way to do this is to hold up (or up forward or up back if you want a forwards or backwards jump) right after you press the button to do the jump cancelable attack, and keep holding it till you see the jump, then do your other stuff.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Is Marin Karin with Mitsuru worth using? I don't know, it doesn't really seem to do much, but I could be doing it wrong :(

If you want the genuine Mitsuru experience you need to use Marin Karin all the time. Forever.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

One of the Yukiko combos that needs jump cancel is pretty finicky, but the challenge mode also doesn't seem to discern the difference between j.4B/5B/6B or anything. So some times you need to use j.6B to get the combo to work.

I think the deal with the B normal jump cancels is that you just have to hit with them point blank for them to work correctly.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
The Investigation Team is back in action, mother fuckers!

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
The matchmaking in player matches is loving awful, it takes foreverfor the game to check someones connection, and half the time the connection it checks is a loving private match I can't join (why does it even show these?)

I never thought I'd miss something from marvel 3

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Dr Pepper posted:

If you want the genuine Mitsuru experience you need to use Marin Karin all the time. Forever.

poo poo, for real? Crap, then I really need to learn when to shoot it. I seem to gently caress up trying to cast Bufula and cast Marin Karin and then get bashed in the face instead :downs:

darealkooky posted:

The matchmaking in player matches is loving awful, it takes foreverfor the game to check someones connection, and half the time the connection it checks is a loving private match I can't join (why does it even show these?)

I never thought I'd miss something from marvel 3

The best thing to do is play ranked games, then chose "Show Results" you'll be able to pick who you play from a big list. If it shows "Checking connection" you can just keep moving and pick another person. It's the fastest way to get into games actually!

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Dre2Dee2 posted:

poo poo, for real? Crap, then I really need to learn when to shoot it. I seem to gently caress up trying to cast Bufula and cast Marin Karin and then get bashed in the face instead :downs:

I'm not sure if this is a continuation of the joke or if he confused you, but just in case, it's a reference to her default AI in persona 3. It was bad.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I guess this is kind of a spoiler, but did they reference the player of persona 3's gender? I assume it was male, but I don't think they ever called him/her by a pronoun, just calling them a friend or something. I haven't played all of the story modes (I've done 7 of them), but it's just an observation.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

So aside from the online issues, do the console versions have any differences?

hyung
Jul 22, 2012
Is anyone having the same problem I am in regards to finding games? When I go into the list of matches, all connectivity is ranked 0 or 1. Is this an issue with my modem or is it just location differences? Finding a game through quick match is out of the question, as it just sits there until "Error when creating a game". I am on the PS3.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

hyung posted:

Is anyone having the same problem I am in regards to finding games? When I go into the list of matches, all connectivity is ranked 0 or 1. Is this an issue with my modem or is it just location differences? Finding a game through quick match is out of the question, as it just sits there until "Error when creating a game". I am on the PS3.

Most of the matches I find are Japanese people with 0 bar connections for me. I don't know if there's something wrong with my net or settings or something or if there's just no people in America playing online.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Cityinthesea posted:

I guess this is kind of a spoiler, but did they reference the player of persona 3's gender? I assume it was male, but I don't think they ever called him/her by a pronoun, just calling them a friend or something. I haven't played all of the story modes (I've done 7 of them), but it's just an observation.

Aigis says "you remind me of him" to Yu during her Arcade mode.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
Welp! My pre-order from Amazon shipped today, so I'll prolly see the game Saturday or Monday. Hoorah! This will be my first BlazBlue style fighting game, so it ought to be rad.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
So is there a specific order I should do all the story modes? I mean like, what would make the story mode more interesting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Aigis is amazing. First character that's really clicked with me so far. (I've only tried Teddie, Yukiko, Kanji, and Aigis)

• Locked thread