Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rey the Great
Dec 9, 2011
Did lazerbot get his brother to do the writing for Kermit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Hey, it's that thing from Arrival in Hell

"Man needs his grotty, piss-stained pus pus"

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I get the feeling that I never want to know about LB's real life, I want the whole thing to keep that mystical pseudoanonymous flavor.

When he posts statuses like this on Facebook it only adds to the mystery...

lazerbot posted:

im actually going somewhere tomorrow and im gonna be gone for a view days :D i won't go in much detail where im going but don't worry i will be back :D

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Aramek posted:

Look what y'all made me do. Forgive how damned hammy I get, but, dramatic readings are always so damned cheesy.

Did it as a full cold read of the above rant (that pastebin really helped to read it, thanks) and some pretty crude editing.

e: I even left one mistake in. :blush: Teaches me to cold read.

Holy poo poo, this is incredible. :stare:
Between the errant lines, it was very striking.

I feel that whatever the ending of TGT is, this will be overlaying the epilogue.

Stitch Bitch
May 19, 2005

Bitch I got that
:h:~fuckin swag~:h:

Aramek posted:

Look what y'all made me do. Forgive how damned hammy I get, but, dramatic readings are always so damned cheesy.

Did it as a full cold read of the above rant (that pastebin really helped to read it, thanks) and some pretty crude editing.

:aaaaa:

Aramek, you are an artist. This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever heard. :v:

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I sound so bored.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am genuinely in love with the TGT Mythos. LB & Bro truly are the voice of our generation.

arachnobot
Apr 3, 2006

Aramek posted:

Holy gently caress :stare:

Wanna do a reading so bad but I have no equipment whatsoever. :(

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

Unless it starts dragging on like the Mario-Troll King fight. But so far, so good.

Aramek's voice for Shadow is apparently pretty close to the real thing as well. He sounds somewhat more badass in TGT, but that's definitely fitting. How about Sonic, is his whiny voice canon? I've never seen the cartoon. It never even aired in my country, as far as I know.

This is from a few pages back but I got bored and found some examples on youtube to give you an idea of how Sonic, Tails, and his other lovely friends' voices from throughout the years sound compare to Aramek's work.

Sonic and Tails in the early 90s cartoons
Sonic and Tails from Sonic Adventure in 1999, the first time they gave them voices in the games.
Sonic, Tails, and pretty much everyone else from last year's Sonic game

Aramek, is your Eggman voiced influenced by this old thing by any chance? There's definitely a similarity there.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Aramek posted:

Whatever, that poo poo was magical.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Simply reading that rant made me feel baptized by fire

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Well poo poo, Aramek, that was amazing.

Also, hearing it out loud, you can see how the writing transitions from pretty typical lb style (with the errors in grammar) into something waaay different.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Thanks, friends. I practice cold reading a lot, and the fact that it was written...like it was made it all the more difficult. I'm lucky I only hosed up in one spot.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Aramek, is your Eggman voiced influenced by this old thing by any chance? There's definitely a similarity there.
That is indeed a bit of it. (I even have that CD in my car.)

Basically it was me doing a bad Long John Baldry impression, plus Pete from Disney Fame, plus that little "shake" thing that Peg Pelvis Pete and Duane and Brando did to make him sound fatter.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

KingKalamari posted:

Hey, it's that thing from Arrival in Hell

"Man needs his grotty, piss-stained pus pus"
This was the first thing I thought of as well.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Aramek posted:

Beautiful acting.

I swear to god, i was a bit high when i started to listen to this and it struck me so weirdly. Like... A sermon from Moses himself as he descended with the Commandments in hand.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Plutonis posted:

I swear to god, i was a bit high when i started to listen to this and it struck me so weirdly. Like... A sermon from Moses himself as he descended with the Commandments in hand.

I like that your post somewhat fits your avatar

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

NextTime000 posted:

I like that your post somewhat fits your avatar

The Lazerbot is my shepherd, i shall not want (anything more than other chapters).

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Wait, so what happened here? I know that Aramek did something beautiful, and that the speech had something to do with Lazerbot's brother (?).

Start from the beginning; how did Lazerbro even get involved in this?

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ChaosSamusX posted:

Wait, so what happened here? I know that Aramek did something beautiful, and that the speech had something to do with Lazerbot's brother (?).

Start from the beginning; how did Lazerbro even get involved in this?

Lazerbot's brother has been engaging the hacker more than Lazerbot has. Aramek dramatically read one of the larger things Lazerbro wrote to the hacker. You know how it is, someone's hassling your bro you feel like you gotta help them even if they're just laughing at how pathetic it all is.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Wow, that was actually a beautiful quote by LazyBro... I wonder what would be the result of a project between the brothers?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Aramek posted:

Holy awesome. :allears:

Voltin Bolt
Oct 17, 2004

IT DOES NOT FIX

Miserable Maid posted:

Wow, that was actually a beautiful quote by LazyBro... I wonder what would be the result of a project between the brothers?
This whole Youtube channel is what.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Diqnol posted:

Holy awesome. :allears:

You no longer think. You only feed.

I am Bob
Apr 29, 2009

Lemon aids is the weirdest loving thing.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Haha, wow! I kinda figured they'd have a lot of cats.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder which one is lazyb. I shouldn't wonder these things.

Tacostein
Aug 3, 2006

Dumb ass will learn ,
I am in no way religious, but that speech instilled me with faith.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

This has come up a couple times now, and, every time the comic itself has use "feed" or "feeding" as a pejorative, they are referencing League of Legends. Both my roomies play it a lot, and "to feed" means to suck so bad that you die a lot, thus giving the other team a huge point bonus.

They tell me that people who suck super bad even can get banned from the game, as the admins may think they are losing on purpose. So, yeah, "Try not to feed" is this comic's "don't suck".

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Aww, I was kind of hoping that he meant that the person only consumed resources and never produced anything.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

ThatPazuzu posted:

Aww, I was kind of hoping that he meant that the person only consumed resources and never produced anything.

Well, it does still mean that, but from a nerdier perspective. A feeder is seen as not only a waste of a teammate but actually a detriment to the team. A nonexistent teammate is superior to a feeding teammate. So, essentially the same kind of "waste of space/resources" meaning.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Aramek posted:

This has come up a couple times now, and, every time the comic itself has use "feed" or "feeding" as a pejorative, they are referencing League of Legends. Both my roomies play it a lot, and "to feed" means to suck so bad that you die a lot, thus giving the other team a huge point bonus.

They tell me that people who suck super bad even can get banned from the game, as the admins may think they are losing on purpose. So, yeah, "Try not to feed" is this comic's "don't suck".

Strictly speaking, the use of "feed" in this sense actually originated with Defense of the Ancients, on which League of Legends is loosely based. :eng101: That said, considering the LoL references (and zero DOTA references) in TgT, it seems a plausible assumption that Lazerbot is directly referencing League of Legends.

Also, while there is an option in LoL to report someone for being an "unskilled player," the report system actually tells you that this is the one thing which someone won't get suspended or banned for (unlike, say, abusive language or actively griefing). Rather, when you report someone for sucking super bad, it (ostensibly) becomes part of the data that the automated matchmaking system uses when selecting teammates and opponents for that person.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

My dumb little dramatic reading has, like 275+ more listens than Chapter 4 of the comic. :v: We eagerly await the motion comic.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Whoah, this thread has moved on quite a lot, +1500 posts? Well, it's been almost a month since I last checked, wonder what crazy twists lazerbot came u:stare:

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

Miserable Maid posted:

If memory serves me right, wasn't his kid brother the voice/inspiration for Micah Rat?

Which would mean that speech was literally written BY micah rat. Think about that, and then read it again.

quote:

you no longer think, you only feed on chocolate miiiiillllkkkk

Aramek posted:

Your enunciation on this reminds me of James Lipton from Inside The Actors Studio.

Crunk Abortion fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Aug 12, 2012

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah seriously. There was a lot of emotion you put there, where I find myself getting swept along for short bursts. Do you do VO work? You should.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
He is back

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

AHHHHHHHHH!!

earth AHHH!!

poo poo

aaaahhh

gently caress you

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Man, that's one freaky-rear end demon boar thing.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm betting the Troll King is about to intervene and lay the smackdown on Demaro to save Gary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I like how the Earthbender yells "Earth" just so we don't get confused.