Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Maha posted:

I don't think this is the case, unless that 99% chance eluded me (or I'm misremembering). Shouldn't be too hard to test in basement 2.

Except even then, Basement 2 is one of the cases where, even if you get that 99% boost, it gets halved because it hasn't been two floors since your last Devil/God room.

Ideally, you'd want to test it on Caves 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
So if you get to Caves 1 with ??? without having seen a devil/god room, don't explore the entire level, kill the boss and the devil room doesn't open, that's a 99% chance that beating the floor doesn't mean just killing the boss.
If anyone's going to try, you might want to not take unidentified pills either, as taking a Health Up pill counts as taking damage on non-??? characters at least (presumably because the heart container you gain is empty).

MrC
Jan 15, 2001

As Seen in Print!

CJacobs posted:

Holy poo poo picking up Brimstone while already having the triple shot was an awful idea. The charge up was so long it was ridiculous. Still did pretty well in the end, though!

I had the same thing happen with Triple Shot and Dr. Fetus. You'd think Poly would have the same effect, but I haven't heard anybody report that.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I just had something happen that I didn't think was possible. A beggar dropped a treasure map, even though I had already seen one in the shop.

Captain Vittles
Feb 12, 2008

I'm not a nerd! I'm a video game enthusiast.

Dr. Stab posted:

I just had something happen that I didn't think was possible. A beggar dropped a treasure map, even though I had already seen one in the shop.

There are two maps in the shop pool.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Fire gurdy jr into the sun

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Monicro posted:

Fire gurdy jr into the sun

The thing that makes Gurdy Jr such a pain is that she's rarely encountered as a boss for me. Instead, I just run into 2-3 of her in the womb or the cathedral. That's when poo poo gets real.

Captain Vittles
Feb 12, 2008

I'm not a nerd! I'm a video game enthusiast.

The Capm posted:

The thing that makes Gurdy Jr such a pain is that she's rarely encountered as a boss for me. Instead, I just run into 2-3 of her in the womb or the cathedral. That's when poo poo gets real.

Three tiny Gurdy Jr are usually easy to handle. Two giant ones, though... ugh.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

Captain Vittles posted:

Three tiny Gurdy Jr are usually easy to handle. Two giant ones, though... ugh.

I had The Candle + The Pact + Pentagram + max fire rate in my Purist run earlier, then got ambushed by two giant ones. gently caress Gurdy Jr, gently caress The Purist, gently caress everything.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Monicro posted:

Fire mask of infamy into the sun
Seems more accurate.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Monicro posted:

Fire every single WotL monster into the sun
Alright, there are some I don't mind, but there's bound to be collateral damage. :shobon:

tartar
Apr 22, 2008

Monicro posted:

I had The Candle + The Pact + Pentagram + max fire rate in my Purist run earlier, then got ambushed by two giant ones. gently caress Gurdy Jr, gently caress The Purist, gently caress everything.

The Purist challenge is probably the most difficulty I've had with the game so far. It took a really early cat mode for me to get through it after a good twenty attempts. Beating the Chest with Eve is the only thing that has come close to it in difficulty for me.

So far the main WOTL boss to give me trouble is the black version of Widow, mostly because I just never feel prepared enough for all that spider dodging and crowd control when I run into him immediately on the first floor.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

Navaash posted:

Seems more accurate.
Nothing would happen because the fucker is immune to fire

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

I have 164 hours logged on this dumb loving game and I'm only missing Plat God and The Left Hand. In those 164 hours I have seen Ultra Pride precisely zero times. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or does the RNG just really, really hate me?

Next run, Catacombs one. Half heart. Killed me with a sliver left. God. drat it.

Edit 2: I have never in my life frowned so hard for so long. Christ.

Cephalocidal fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 13, 2012

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Cephalocidal posted:

I have 164 hours logged on this dumb loving game and I'm only missing Plat God and The Left Hand. In those 164 hours I have seen Ultra Pride precisely zero times. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or does the RNG just really, really hate me?

I've seen him twice in 20 hours of play since WOTL hit. The RNG hates you.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

My adventures with ??? continue. I got to Womb 2 with a charged Bible. I was down to my last heart, but the last room before the boss turned out to just have Guts plus a big one in it. Then I found that on Womb 2, Guts can survive a dozen Rock-powered shots plus several seconds of Meat Boy damage plus Lil' Chubby hitting them in the face. This came as a big surprise to me, as I'd already killed one of them standing in exactly the same place before it was anywhere near me. gently caress this loving game.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most
So i beat the chest with judas-turned guppy, and got the horn for the cathedral, but cain's eye? Is that because of guppy? Or what? Does it just randomly pick an un-achieved drop for guppy?

Also since WOTL, i haven't gotten a single challenge update, i just have to quit and reload to get the steam achievements/unlocks, and when i go to look at them it's not there. Is this a common bug/change for some reason?

Duke of Flies
Jul 2, 2007

I croaked "Get Out"
Then I stood, and croaked "GET OUT"

Or... get in..
Soiled Meat
So listening to you guys, it sounded like getting the Guppy form was easy peasy. But I struggled with it every time, only ever seeing one cat item or only two and never finding a third. I started making concentrated efforts to find three of them, even if it meant death by a Satan pact because I just wanted to unlock the stupid hairball.

After several failed runs with that as my mission, I decide to take a stab at some Purist runs instead.

Oh, there's Guppy's Head.

Oh, now there's the tail in Satan's room. Why not.

Then I open a red chest...and there stares at me a dead cat. Which picking up on a Purist run (one where I found the Sacred Heart!!) was indeed a prolonged death sentence. I debated, I paced, and ultimately decided to pick it up.

I made it all the way to Isaac where he mowed down my remaining three cat lives. It was a crummy way to go, but at least for a short time

I was beautiful

and I had friends.

:unsmith:

Duke of Flies fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Aug 13, 2012

MrC
Jan 15, 2001

As Seen in Print!
Why was my first run with Epic Fetus the stupid "Dark Was The Night" challenge? I could have finally unlocked the drat knife if the challenge hadn't ended right after Mom.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
drat crashes for no good reason. I was doing a purist run, had just killed Mom and had 8 full hearts, and 10+ soul hearts as I had a safety cap and after taking a Luck Up pill found both a few Balls of Steel and Health Up pills. My tear firepower wasn't great but I had a candle which I'm pretty handy at abusing so I was confident. Kill mum, go down the trapdoor and the screen just stays black for 10-20 seconds before it closes to desktop. So annoying.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
I just lost my best run I've ever had to a crash just now.

When I crashed at necropolis 1, I had at least 20 soul hearts , 11 regular hearts, the habit, the 9-volt, the battery, the crystal ball, the pentagram, blood of the martyr, growth hormones, ouija board, and a couple of other things that I forget.

So loving disheartening.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I managed to fail to beat the game as Eve with Book of Revelations, the Habit, and the Wafer (and dr fetus for good measure). It was all the tick's fault.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
I just noticed that the endings I have unlocked on my laptop are completely different from the ones on my desktop, which is probably why I haven't unlocked some things I totally should have. I think both times I beat it lives were on my laptop which has fewer endings.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
The game doesn't actually save anything to the cloud. If you want to play on two computers, you'll have to transfer the saves manually.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Zaldron posted:

I just lost my best run I've ever had to a crash just now.

When I crashed at necropolis 1, I had at least 20 soul hearts , 11 regular hearts, the habit, the 9-volt, the battery, the crystal ball, the pentagram, blood of the martyr, growth hormones, ouija board, and a couple of other things that I forget.

So loving disheartening.

Just FYI, crashes aren't game-ending. If you wait long enough, it'll pop a little window saying that Flash has poo poo itself and it wants to kill the script. Tell it no and wait another ten seconds or so and you get a neat inverted colour loading screen and the game rights itself.

Also, Gurdy Jr. is the easiest boss. Just stand at the middle left wall and fire at him, moving up or down when she charges. As long as you reposition yourself dead centre, you'll never get hit by the charge and it's always controllable.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Brain In A Jar posted:

Just FYI, crashes aren't game-ending. If you wait long enough, it'll pop a little window saying that Flash has poo poo itself and it wants to kill the script. Tell it no and wait another ten seconds or so and you get a neat inverted colour loading screen and the game rights itself.

Unfortunately, my crash was a computer crash due to something wrong with my desktop setup. But thanks for the information.

Dr. Stab posted:

The game doesn't actually save anything to the cloud. If you want to play on two computers, you'll have to transfer the saves manually.

It saves at least some stuff. I didn't have to unlock any characters I've already unlocked, the challenges I've done are still marked off, and I'm still fighting It Lives rather than Mom's Heart.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Had great fun yesterday. Been playing with shittier characters (???/Eve, arguably Samson) to unlock stuff so felt like treating myself to an Isaac run.

D6 + Battery + X-Ray Specs + The Habit. Shooting super fast super powerful Ouija Board Mutant Spider shots is fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqE6gwZqkbw

From the same guy who did that Super Meat Boy medley.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Brain In A Jar posted:

Is that including when it decides to close itself? That's the only type of crash I've had. The screen goes black for a while, probably trying to load the next level, and then after a while the software just closes.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
Well, all I need for plat is the left hand. 80 hours in and I've only seen Ultra Pride twice.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

OatmealRaisin posted:

Well, all I need for plat is the left hand. 80 hours in and I've only seen Ultra Pride twice.

Man i get left hands all the time after i unlocked it. I've seen him twice in a row on runs. He's moderately likely in the chest, i guess so go for there?

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
I had yet to beat the Chest with Maggie, though I tried so many times. I picked up both the poly and sacred tears early on. Those two, along with some other power ups, made for some comically huge tears. However, no speed power ups meant these tears shot every 1.5 to 2 seconds. I didn't have any speed power ups either, and Maggie is already slow as hell.

In the womb I took my chances with an unknown pill (stupid) and what was it? A speed down! poo poo! Slow shots and even slower speed meant I had to enter every room with fingers crossed, hoping to clear in just a few shots. Luckily those shots were about the half the size of the Duke of Flies. I slowly made my way to ??? and finished him with half a red heart left. I love happy endings :)

Flergatron 3000
May 8, 2008

you look like a fool with those buns!
So I thought it would be fun to stream me horribly failing with Blue Baby since I've yet to kill It Lives over the past two weeks and I wanted others to enjoy my terrible luck at this game..

First treasure room: Ipecac
Shortly thereafter I get a buttload of coins and I get the Battery, Book of Revelations, Mitre, Thorns, The Relic, and a ton of other stuff and absolutely destroy the game. I unlocked The Bandage, D6 and Forget Me Now in that run.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

I DID IT

I DID IT

I'M FREE

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.

Monicro posted:

I DID IT

I DID IT

I'M FREE

That's not Platinum God, get back to your slaving!

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.
Just had the most amazing Judas run. Got almost every single possible damage up (small rock, the contract, the mark, polyphemus, plus a couple more I'm forgetting), and then quad shot.

I beat It Lives in about three shots. The Chest was a breeze, even with two Bloat rooms in a row.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

What's the file I need to copy to move my save? Just picked up a new computer and I'd like to be able to migrate all my stuff, if possible.

Smite
Jul 5, 2007

...and then he eats the body, but they always cut out the spoon scene.

Arcturas posted:

What's the file I need to copy to move my save? Just picked up a new computer and I'd like to be able to migrate all my stuff, if possible.

C:\Users\$username$\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\<random string>\localhost\so.sol is the file you want on windows 7/Vista. Also, you might need serial.txt in your game's install folder.

xf86enodev
Mar 27, 2010

dis catte!
Buying the expansion a few days ago actually updated the soundtrack I bought with the base game as well, didn't it? Can't remember the new tracks being there.

That's kinda nice considering how terrible this whole experience is.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mwahaha, at last the D6 is mine. Lucked out and got quad shot, Sad Onion, Lump of Coal and the Mark at varying points, along with the Mitre and Bible. Nearly beat Isaac at the first attempt, too - I went in with 1.5 hearts and got him down to the last 5% or so before an unlucky hit got through my meat shields.

Then I did an Isaac-D6 run and got totally hammered, of course, but that's not the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Coughing-up Tweed posted:

Has anyone actually beaten the game with ipecac? I even got a flight item immediately afterwards which helped, but i swear that it's impossible to not blow yourself up. It's still a really fun item though.

I will not pick up ipecac just because it always flies over the enemies I want to kill.

• Locked thread