Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Terper posted:

So he didn't get reformed to his new Terranort body, but as the old one? That doesn't make sense. He was Terranort when he split into Ansem and Xemnas, as seen in the very first cutscene in the game, even.

EDIT: By the way, is there a way to fight the final bosses in post-game difficulty, like the rest of the bosses?

He's Xehanort, the rules don't apply to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Terper posted:

EDIT: By the way, is there a way to fight the final bosses in post-game difficulty, like the rest of the bosses?
Nope.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
News to me :aaa:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
There's a surprising amount of really cool things from KH games that never made it into the final versions.

Bahmut was meant to be featured as a summon early on, various locations that are cutscenes ingame that are not accessable by normal means, yet still have the names pop-up when you go there.

A Pinnochio world was planned for Days, but got moved to 3D, Tarzan was planned for CoM, but removed when Disney lost the licence, a Jungle Book world was meant for BBS (WHY DID YOU REMOVE THAT YOU FUCKERS), some of the places characters can go to got shifted around as well.

For the latest release:
Heartless and Nobodies were originally going to appear as the main game's enemies. Nomura even stated this, but he scrapped them and they were replaced by Dream Eaters. In early scans of the game, Sora is seen fighting Shadow Heartless and a Twilight Thorn in Traverse Town. Shadow Heartless appears in the game's first trailer.

Space Paranoids

Sora was originally supposed to go to Space Paranoids, while Riku was go to The Grid story instead, but this was scrapped, and Sora and Riku both go to The Grid with the same story.

Fantasia and Fantasia 2000

Sora was originally supposed to go to Fantasia, while Riku was going to go to Fantasia 2000, but this was also scrapped due that Nomura himself said "there is alot of things to work with Fantasia so that's why we just decided to put Sora and Riku in Fantasia".

And that's not even getting into the censorship for various things.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm still mad that instead of getting Building Centaur for the final boss of KH2 we got the lovely dragon boss fight. Seriously, who in their right mind thinks Dragon Boss is cooler than building Centaur?

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.
Ugh. I'm playing only Proud mode on BBS and I'm getting my rear end kicked on Terra's story.

I tried going to Mount Olympus at level 18 but DARK Zack's loving opening move destroys me in one hit. I go to Deep Space to try that out instead and notPikachu is a little more bearable but I'm doing almost no damage to him. Do I really just have to go grind for a while? :sigh:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ShadeofDante posted:

Ugh. I'm playing only Proud mode on BBS and I'm getting my rear end kicked on Terra's story.

I tried going to Mount Olympus at level 18 but DARK Zack's loving opening move destroys me in one hit. I go to Deep Space to try that out instead and notPikachu is a little more bearable but I'm doing almost no damage to him. Do I really just have to go grind for a while? :sigh:

Make sure you don't have Sonic Impact or whatever that double-dodge move is on Terra. It does nothing but screw him over.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

ShadeofDante posted:

That boss can gently caress you over real good if you get too far from him, so stay nearby. On the whole, yeah grinding helps a lot in the KH serie, considering that each point has a pretty large impact, so a couple levels can make all the difference between grazing damages and mowing down monsters.

Shiran
Feb 20, 2003

Pesky Splinter posted:

a Jungle Book world was meant for BBS (WHY DID YOU REMOVE THAT YOU FUCKERS)

Here's a vid of the unfinished The Jungle Book world that you can visit with a hacked Japanese PSP. It looked really close to completion, it boggles my mind why they decided not to use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hymblpWaRY

You just know that poor Terra would of been hypnotized by Kaa into doing something criminal.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Hopefully it gets used in the next game. Speaking of which, what do you think is next? A vita game or 3? I'm think a vita game.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Shiran posted:

You just know that poor Terra would of been hypnotized by Kaa into doing something criminal.

He wouldn't even need to hypnotize him. You could tell Terra to burn down an orphanage, and he's say "Yeah, OK".

I was thinking that The Jungle Book was dropped because it's setting is too similar to Tarzan, but then I remembered what series we're talking about.

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008

Macaluso posted:

News to me :aaa:

It makes sense, since the game was developed in 2004, just as negociations between Pixar and Disney were failing and people were wondering if Pixar movies would be distributed elsewhere.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Liar Lyre posted:

Hey, is BbS good enough to justify the purchase of a psp? I might get a few other games and load all of my PSOne games on it, but mostly I want it for BbS.

Absolutely. You'll come for BBS and stay for Disgaea. And Monster Hunter. And LocoRoco. And Patapon. And... :shepface:

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Lizard Bastard posted:

Absolutely. You'll come for BBS and stay for Disgaea. And Monster Hunter. And LocoRoco. And Patapon. And... :shepface:

PSP actually has the only good version of Lunar Silver Star Story, all four YS games, Persona 1 and 2, Valkyrie Profile, and a bunch of other releases that will cost you a ton on any other system but on the PSP they're far far cheaper.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Vaerai Archon posted:

PSP actually has the only good version of Lunar Silver Star Story, all four YS games, Persona 1 and 2, Valkyrie Profile, and a bunch of other releases that will cost you a ton on any other system but on the PSP they're far far cheaper.

Right. It's not exactly the BEST TRIPLE-A SYSTEM OF ALL TIME, but at the risk of sounding derisive, well, there's a goldmine of games for us Japanophiles on it.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I'd say just spring for a vita instead. That way you get the psp library and the option to get whatever RPGs come out later.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Meowjesty posted:

I'd say just spring for a vita instead. That way you get the psp library and the option to get whatever RPGs come out later.

And with what UMD drive will he play Birth by Sleep? :colbert:

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Lizard Bastard posted:

And with what UMD drive will he play Birth by Sleep? :colbert:
You download it off the store and stick it in your library. No UMD needed!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Meowjesty posted:

You download it off the store and stick it in your library. No UMD needed!

Yeah see that's the thing.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Sony why are you so terrible about everything you do? Jeez. Here I am trying to sell a vita for you and this is what I get.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

If you do get a PSP, there's a way to play a translated version of the Final Mix. It does require you to use custom firmware, however.

^^^ Actually it's Disney's fault for not wanting to sell the game through digital distribution. Not like that's stopped them re-releasing dozens of their PS1 and PS2 games through the PSN...

That Fucking Sned fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 19, 2012

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Meowjesty posted:

Sony why are you so terrible about everything you do? Jeez. Here I am trying to sell a vita for you and this is what I get.

I'll buy a Vita once it has, y'know, games.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Lizard Bastard posted:

I'll buy a Vita once it has, y'know, games.
So you're never getting a vita, is what you're saying.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Meowjesty posted:

It'll probably be a repeat of the PSP and PS3. So, y'know, give it two or three years.

:negative:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Lizard Bastard posted:

Yeah, my birthday is coming up so I'll just ask for that. And a 3ds for Christmas for 3d and Pokemon. And a vita when that KH game comes out. drat you Square Enix. Why are you so diverse?

Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!

Meowjesty posted:

I should sell my 3DS because y'know, games. Seriously, there is frustration with both consoles. I don't have poo poo to look forward to on the 3DS for the rest of this year.

In the meantime, this KH kicks rear end. I've also seen a lot of complaints on here regarding the camera and flowmotion. I use the bottom screen to establish my route and move into better attack position using flowmotion. Any other tips for this? I'm on the last world and there is a bit of a difficulty spike.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
After only playing KH 1 and 2 I've decided I finally need to do a full release order playthrough of the series so I'm ready if 3 ever comes out (currently up to fighting Ursula in 1). I've noticed that someone did a translation patch for 2 Final Mix, is the quality of the patch any good or should I just stick with the normal version?

Holy poo poo this series got complicated while I wasn't looking.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ActionZero posted:

After only playing KH 1 and 2 I've decided I finally need to do a full release order playthrough of the series so I'm ready if 3 ever comes out (currently up to fighting Ursula in 1). I've noticed that someone did a translation patch for 2 Final Mix, is the quality of the patch any good or should I just stick with the normal version?

Holy poo poo this series got complicated while I wasn't looking.

I've heard good things about the patch, other than the fact that all items are in CAPS because of some weird restriction. If you can't read Japanese, the patch is definitely a good idea. Don't forget to play the US release of Re:Chain of Memories in between KH and KHII!

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Hey guys. I've been playing Kingdom Hearts 3D little by little and I am loving it so far. I'm only at the second world right now but I've already gotten used to the Flowmotion controls. They are the most fun and engaging game mechanics that I've learnt to play with for a long while.

Dumb question ahoy: I'm trying to complete as many portals as possible between the two worlds but I think I've met with a game glitch or something. I've completed some in the first first, and none in the second world so far, but I can't enter them at all even when I see them on the world map. I'm standing right on top of the pink icon and it does not have a prompt for a portal battle. Is there something that I'm doing wrong? I've tried manually 'Droping' from Riku and Sora to see if it made any difference, but I still can't enter any portals. :confused:

dumb edit: Wow, thanks a lot heroiccreampuff! It was probably not a good idea for me to have taken such a big break from playing this game ever since its release. That was a big oversight. :sweatdrop:

HelloWinter fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 20, 2012

heroiccreampuff
May 29, 2012

penguins love soccer

HelloWinter posted:

Dumb question
Here's an equally dumb answer, so I apologize in advance if this isn't the solution:
Did you zoom-in on the map? You can only click on portals if the map is zoomed in. It's been confusing a lot of folks.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
Can someone tell me how to initiate shadowslide on Riku in DDD?

I have sat here for about 20 minutes trying to get it to initiate with no luck.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Kilazar posted:

Can someone tell me how to initiate shadowslide on Riku in DDD?

I have sat here for about 20 minutes trying to get it to initiate with no luck.

Press Y when an attack is close to hitting you and you teleport right behind the attacker. (Hopefully I'm thinking of the right ability)

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

Black Feather posted:

Press Y when an attack is close to hitting you and you teleport right behind the attacker. (Hopefully I'm thinking of the right ability)

Yeah, that is what I thought from reading it, but when I do that it just does a dark block. Maybe my timing is just off.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Kilazar posted:

Yeah, that is what I thought from reading it, but when I do that it just does a dark block. Maybe my timing is just off.

They made the window really small, especially compared to Aqua's similar ability.

Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!
gently caress. I'm on the Ventus Armor and don't know what to do with the loving crosshairs. Anyone?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Pierce posted:

gently caress. I'm on the Ventus Armor and don't know what to do with the loving crosshairs. Anyone?

Is that the final part? Just mash A, that's what I did.

Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Is that the final part? Just mash A, that's what I did.

Yeah, I think it is the final. I've mashed A 4 times and keep getting slaughtered :cry:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Pierce posted:

Yeah, I think it is the final. I've mashed A 4 times and keep getting slaughtered :cry:

Maybe there's a rhythm to it?

Do you have Once More? That might be a deal breaker. You can get it from Flowbermeow, Drak Quack, and Tyranto Rex. Drak Quack is probably the easiest to be honest.

Pierce
Apr 7, 2007

Fool!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Maybe there's a rhythm to it?

Do you have Once More? That might be a deal breaker. You can get it from Flowbermeow, Drak Quack, and Tyranto Rex. Drak Quack is probably the easiest to be honest.

I don't, will step back and grab Once More. thanks!

e: Got him. Apparently I was about a half second off starting which was getting me whacked. Appreciate the tip! When in doubt push buttons quickly.

Pierce fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Jesus Christ, gently caress Spellican and what he does.