Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Hey, everyone. I only just recently started watching this show after being introduced to it by several gifs in threads and my niece. Just saw Double Dipper, and I couldn't stop laughing. Does anybody have a gif of all of the Dippers scratching Dipper's head for him? That was easily my favorite part of the episode aside from this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Dapper Walrus
Dec 28, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Just for the record I didn't mean any offense and if I came off too harsh or abrasive I'm sorry. This is a nice show with nice people and nice characters and nice things and we should all be nice to each other.

No worries mate, I just didn't want to start a derail over the current status of Manly Dan's love life.

Guess I'll have to live out my dreams of progressive cartoon marriage through the beautiful union of a man and a woodpecker.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

SpacePig posted:

Does anybody have a gif of all of the Dippers scratching Dipper's head for him? [/timg]

Also one of my favourite moments.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Winklebottom posted:

Haven't managed to find it without the text :911:

A bit late, but here it is without the text.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
More patriotic:

Also holy poo poo the new episode is on the On Demand services aaaaaahhhhhhhhh watching now.

edit- Oh God that episode was so good. It didn't do what I thought it was going to do (answer questions about Grunkle Stan) but I can forgive that completely because it was so good otherwise. The jokes were, as always, spot on "Dysentery! Who wants dysentery?!" and it had that emotional kick that they all do.

Ugh this show so good.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Aug 19, 2012

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yeah next week's episode is loving transcendent. Totally washes the bad taste of this week's ep out.

Eldoop
Jul 29, 2012

Cheeky? Us?
Why, I never!

Occupation posted:

Yeah next week's episode is loving transcendent. Totally washes the bad taste of this week's ep out.

What didn't you like about Irrational Treasure? I thought it was great.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Guh, I think Gravity Falls is the very first art work I've watched in which I actually cared about spoilers. It's just an incredible show and I loved every episode.

Is this what Simpsons fans feel back in the golden age?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
This show just continues to blow me away with every episode.

Also Blendin Blandin is voiced by the same guy as Lemongrab from Adventure Time, and it's wonderful

Bear Sleuth
Jul 17, 2011

quote:

In Planet Simpson Chris Turner describes how on Sunday nights he would head to the local bar where university students would meet to watch the newest episodes and writes how the place communing through laughter was something transcendent.

I guess trawling tumblr for Gravity Falls gifs could be considered the aught-tens version of that.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Just watched Irrational Treasure On-Demand. My least favorite episode so far. Just seemed pretty focused on random humor, which I'm not a fan of. Also, Pacifica Northwest being recurring. Typical Disney-style antagonist to wacky, unpopular main character. Probably has to do with me not being a fan of Mabel overall (and :spergin: about a kids show).

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Eldoop posted:

What didn't you like about Irrational Treasure? I thought it was great.

I didn't think it was very funny. At all.

As opposed to Time Traveller's Pig, which is just a goddamn laugh riot.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You guys aren't kidding about episode 9.

I love how they had the time traveler go back to the three scenes we saw him in before at the end. Also they had the time-devouring baby from the newspaper article in the last episode! That wasn't something I was expecting to be anything more than a hidden gag.

This show is so good.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Just finished episode 9, loved it.

I wonder if they will reveal that Santa Clause really is the president, or have dipper pilot one of the president robots.

And I just noticed there is another three week break. Is that normal for shows on the Disney Channel?

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 19, 2012

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Ignimbrite posted:

Also one of my favourite moments.

Thank you for this. I haven't laughed this hard at a Disney cartoon in a very long time.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I'm in love with the fact that Gregg Turkington (AKA Neil Hamburger) does the voice for Toby Determined, the old timey reporter. If you're not familiar with Turkington's stand-up comedy character Neil Hamburger you should know that he's got quite the vulgar shtick, comprising primarily of him getting up on the stage, hacking and coughing a lot, insulting the audience, drinking from one of the multiple drinks he slowly collects in his arms as his routine progresses, and telling horrible jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnbxe_8GYtU

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 19, 2012

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

somepartsareme posted:

Just watched Irrational Treasure On-Demand. My least favorite episode so far. Just seemed pretty focused on random humor, which I'm not a fan of. Also, Pacifica Northwest being recurring. Typical Disney-style antagonist to wacky, unpopular main character. Probably has to do with me not being a fan of Mabel overall (and :spergin: about a kids show).

Woah, woah, woah. Run that by me again. You don't like MABEL, she's loving hilarious. The grappling hook, the hamster ball fantasy, the sweaters, I just don't understand you, she is comedy in cartoon form.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

toanoradian posted:

Guh, I think Gravity Falls is the very first art work I've watched in which I actually cared about spoilers. It's just an incredible show and I loved every episode.

Gravity Falls and The Legend of Korra are the shows I've been spoiled on the most. All the "grownup" stuff I watch like Justified, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones I avoided everything. Somehow it's the two kid's shows.

quote:

I was 11, about to turn 12 the next month, when the first Simpsons episode aired. And yes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The Time Traveler's Pig is so good. Absolutely hilarious, and it was really sweet that Dipper chose his sister over Wendy. She LOVES that pig (also I hope we see the pig from now on). The Dipper/Wendy dynamic is great too. Dipper whispering "I LOVE YOU" was hilarious. Also the time travel was done wonderfully, and I liked that it turned out the grey suited guy actually had to go back in time to basically clean up litter off the ground. Oh yeah and that guy being voiced by Lemongrab is just great.

Ugh this show is so good.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Haha, what a great episode. Also, awesome Babe reference at the end, there.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
(Ep 9) I can't believe that Tunnel of Love and Corndogs joke was on a Disney show. Great episode, but I think they're all great, so :shrug:

Has that mysterious maybe-backward whispering always been there at the end of the credits?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yeah it has. It apparently says "three letters back" if you reverse the song (which is how you solve the secret messages they have during the end credits).

edit: But apparently since Double Dipper a different message has been heard? I dunno. It's one of those things that's hard to hear so you probably won't get an accurate answer unless it comes from the creator himself.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
"But who will replace me?"
"Mama!"
"THAT OLD CRONE????"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Macaluso posted:

Yeah it has. It apparently says "three letters back" if you reverse the song (which is how you solve the secret messages they have during the end credits).

edit: But apparently since Double Dipper a different message has been heard? I dunno. It's one of those things that's hard to hear so you probably won't get an accurate answer unless it comes from the creator himself.

That's what it says in episodes 1-6. From 7 onwards, it's said "Switch A and Z." This is the key to the atbash cipher used in the secret messages in the credits since episode 7.

Reginaldavid
Sep 30, 2006
beautiful cretin

Millions posted:

The guys's name is officially "Cute Biker Guy," as far as the storyboards go right? I thought any name other than that was born on Tumblr or somewhere else equally as retched.

They call him Tyler in this article & interview that mobo85 found, so I assume Hirsch mentioned it to the author. I'm glad he finally (apparently) has a proper name.

All the talk of Manly Dan's home life has me wondering if they'll ever acknowledge who Wendy's mother is/was or if they'll just use the cartoon convention of 1 parent for simplicity's sake.

Edit: It'd be a cute twist if Dan was Wendy's dad only by marriage and Tyler was her biological dad.

Macaluso posted:

If you reverse it, the "switch A and Z" message is actually a lot clearer and easier to hear than "3 letters back" was.

Reginaldavid fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 20, 2012

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Haha, episode 9 is fantastic. I cracked up at the Time Cops being named Lolph and Dundgren.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Fangz posted:

Haha, what a great episode. Also, awesome Babe reference at the end, there.

That made me so nostalgic :unsmith: I wonder if kids even know Babe nowadays. Also, was Stan's "I've spared every expense?" a Jurassic Park reference?

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Regy Rusty posted:

You guys aren't kidding about episode 9.

I love how they had the time traveler go back to the three scenes we saw him in before at the end. Also they had the time-devouring baby from the newspaper article in the last episode! That wasn't something I was expecting to be anything more than a hidden gag.

This show is so good.
Global warming is to blame.

Reginaldavid posted:

All the talk of Manly Dan's home life has me wondering if they'll ever acknowledge who Wendy's mother is/was or if they'll just use the cartoon convention of 1 parent for simplicity's sake.

Edit: It'd be a cute twist if Dan was Wendy's dad only by marriage and Tyler was her biological dad.
But where would she have got her freaky lumberjack genes from?

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Winklebottom posted:

That made me so nostalgic :unsmith: I wonder if kids even know Babe nowadays. Also, was Stan's "I've spared every expense?" a Jurassic Park reference?

Maybe, although it reminded me of Mr Dink from Doug. It's a pretty common line, really.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Mercury Hat posted:

Maybe, although it reminded me of Mr Dink from Doug. It's a pretty common line, really.

Yeah, just thought it fit well with his terrible amusement park v:shobon:v

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Episode 9 is amazing.

The montage was probably the best part of it all.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Mystery atbash code at the end: NOT H.G. WELLS APPROVEDS

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Crasscrab posted:

I'm in love with the fact that Gregg Turkington (AKA Neil Hamburger) does the voice for Toby Determined, the old timey reporter. If you're not familiar with Turkington's stand-up comedy character Neil Hamburger you should know that he's got quite the vulgar shtick, comprising primarily of him getting up on the stage, hacking and coughing a lot, insulting the audience, drinking from one of the multiple drinks he slowly collects in his arms as his routine progresses, and telling horrible jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnbxe_8GYtU

I love Turkington, I had no idea he was the voice.

I need him to just angrily start accusing Dipper of things, now, I wanna see a G-Rated Neil Hamburger routine happen.

Reginaldavid
Sep 30, 2006
beautiful cretin

I posted:

But where would she have got her freaky lumberjack genes from?

That's why it'd be a twist! Someone in Tyler's ancestry just happened to be tall and redheaded. And Stan's the only one who's alluded to her lumberjack genes, but he probably doesn't care much about her personal life and is just assuming Dan's her original dad. (edit: Or those genes came from Wendy's mom.)

I just watched episode 9; it's full of great stuff, but as for the little stuff I loved that we finally hear Free Pizza Guy's voice and also that Robbie's hoodie gag paralleled sweater town.

Reginaldavid fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 20, 2012

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Where are you people watching episode 9? Did it get leaked? :confused:

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yes, but most people watched it thanks to Comcast On-Demand.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
We should edit the OP to mention On-Demand is a week ahead

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Disney Channel releases new episodes over VOD services roughly a week before they actually premiere on TV. They aren't really leaks, that's just how Disney does things.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I felt kind of bad for Robbie in the hoodie-future, dude's kind of a jerk, but he's just being a moodie teen.
It was funny seeing him continuing to walk around the fair afterwards with just his nose visible though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
I need one of those time travel things so I can arrange for a Point and Click adventure based on this show, made by (good old) Lucas Arts, to be released right now.

• Locked thread