Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

they still do that? i havent seen an ohnoclowns post since like 1999

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

In July 2006, the Bestival, a three-day music festival held in England, had to withdraw a request for festival goers to come dressed as clowns due to the unexpectedly high prevalence of claimed coulrophobia among the potential audience.[9]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:negative:

regenwetter
Apr 5, 2012

Sweevo posted:

In July 2006, the Bestival, a three-day music festival held in England, had to withdraw a request for festival goers to come dressed as clowns due to the unexpectedly high prevalence of claimed coulrophobia among the potential audience.[9]

The Scissor Sisters quite blatantly went out to court this controversy, opening their set dressed in clown costumes, in response to complaints of coulrophobia by some festival goers. Ana Matronic claimed that she failed to read the memo stating that she didn't know clowns were banned, this was followed by her trying to protest that clowns were nice people with "blood" spewing out of her mouth. They closed their set accompanied by six stilted clowns.[citation needed]

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

the most contested hospital bill in the history of the world
yikes

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

regenwetter posted:

The Scissor Sisters quite blatantly went out to court this controversy, opening their set dressed in clown costumes, in response to complaints of coulrophobia by some festival goers. Ana Matronic claimed that she failed to read the memo stating that she didn't know clowns were banned, this was followed by her trying to protest that clowns were nice people with "blood" spewing out of her mouth. They closed their set accompanied by six stilted clowns.[citation needed]

cool

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

regenwetter posted:

six stilted clowns
A wikieditor meetup

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Sweevo posted:

there's like 6 people worldwide who are actually afraid of clowns. the rest are internet "clowns so scary lol" monkey cheese retards

This, and also people who are scared of spiders, the ocean, or the word "moist".

I wish people didn't treat the internet (/life) as a competition to see who can be the quirkiest. LOL I'M SO RANDOM

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

ol qwerty bastard posted:

This, and also people who are scared of spiders, the ocean, or the word "moist".

I wish people didn't treat the internet (/life) as a competition to see who can be the quirkiest. LOL I'M SO RANDOM

but but how are they supposed to seem interesting otherwise

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Autodidacting

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

nah
Mar 16, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

A wikieditor meetup

:getin:

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

quote:

He is also featured in the beginning of the Stockton, CA Thunder Hockey team Entrance Video saying "Hello, this is meteorologist Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel; a special weather advisory has been issued for the Central Valley—a 100% chance of thunder."

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

nice

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Critics say that it discriminates against young people and infringes their human rights, while supporters argue that making the Mosquito illegal would infringe the human rights of shopkeepers who suffer business losses when "unruly teenagers" drive away their customers.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

just a butt posted:

Critics say that it discriminates against young people and infringes their human rights, while supporters argue that making the Mosquito illegal would infringe the human rights of shopkeepers who suffer business losses when "unruly teenagers" drive away their customers.

This thing owned

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

just a butt posted:

damnit thanks for reminding me that i'm too old to hear crt's scan anymore

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer
but tbqh if i ran a store I'd want teenagers around b/c maybe 10% shoplift but 99% of 'em are terrible enough with money to buy the stupid chinese crap I'd be selling.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Farmdizzle posted:

damnit thanks for reminding me that i'm too old to hear crt's scan anymore

It's been a couple of years since I've heard a CRT.

This may be because I haven't actually been near a CRT in two years.

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

ol qwerty bastard posted:

It's been a couple of years since I've heard a CRT.

This may be because I haven't actually been near a CRT in two years.

I was in a local teriyaki joint and there was an old 20-something-inch hanging from a corner of the ceiling. I couldn't hear the flyback and realized I'm an old. This was just a couple months ago. I used to be able to tell if my parents had their TV on and muted from down the hall.

And I just got a shiver remembering having to haul my 27" Trinitron around.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i can still hear the flybacks in crts and i'm in my late 20s and i ride a motorcycle. get on my level

also there's a mcdonalds in my hometown that solved the teenager problem with audio years before they invented the mosquito whistling thing. they just played opera and swing and classical music extra loud out in front where the teenagers would loiter. worked surprisingly well

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Sagebrush posted:

i can still hear the flybacks in crts and i'm in my late 20s and i ride a motorcycle. get on my level

also there's a mcdonalds in my hometown that solved the teenager problem with audio years before they invented the mosquito whistling thing. they just played opera and swing and classical music extra loud out in front where the teenagers would loiter. worked surprisingly well

what kind of podunk place do you live where teenagers would want to loiter in front of a mcdonalds

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
i remember being young once~

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pakled posted:

what kind of podunk place do you live where teenagers would want to loiter in front of a mcdonalds

small town in canada. however i don't live there any more

whenever i go back there are teenagers loitering in front of the mcdonalds though yep. i think because it's right next to the mall and the mall kicks them out

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

small town in canada. however i don't live there any more

whenever i go back there are teenagers loitering in front of the mcdonalds though yep. i think because it's right next to the mall and the mall kicks them out

you know, when I want advice on cheeseburgers or not wearing a shirt, you're the person I'll come to

a world called z0r
Aug 31, 2012

Guido van Possum posted:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
During the game, players can learn about different diseases and ailments. Ailments include fungus infection, Vitamin E Deficiency, ear inflammation, mold infection, Rabbit Flu, lung infection, corneal injury, liver infection, sunburn, asthma, and tonsil infections. As players move through the game, they are able to keep animals in animal houses for prolonged treatment. In the small animal house, they may keep guinea pigs, rabbits, or birds that have more serious injuries and diseases. When animals are in the animal houses, players must treat and feed them every day.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Guido van Possum posted:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
Space Raiders remained at an inflation-beating retail price of 10 pence from their introduction in the late 1970s all the way until late October 2007, when the price soared to 15p then to 25p down to 20p. The price has continued to fluctuate, reflecting the volatility of the underlying commodity prices. There has been massive uproar at the price hike in the Space Raiders fan community (a fan club named the 'Raidettes')[citation needed] and as a result the Raidettes have approached Benson's[disambiguation needed] brand of Snacks to produce a rival snack. There is also a campaign on the social networking site Facebook to get the price of Space Raiders back down to 10p.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Sweevo posted:

there's like 6 people worldwide who are actually afraid of clowns. the rest are internet "clowns so scary lol" monkey cheese retards
a friend of mine has that IRL which made it pretty funny when I saw this with him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21UItm9UCr0

and he's also an apple fan so more recently I linked him that article about Steve Jobs' stolen iPad being given to a clown but he claimed to have finally had some kind of therapy thing to get over his phobia :|

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I'm 35 and can still hear a flyback...just not from as far away as I used to. :v:

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

lol orite grandad :stat:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
whoa Nagorno-Karabakh has the yosposest flag

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Milkie Galore posted:

get off my lawn!!!! :bahgawd:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Milkie Galore posted:

starting to think 35 is pretty drat young for yospos

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
until you hit the point in your life where you realize you have less years to live than you've already lived you're pretty drat young

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Trig Discipline posted:

starting to think 35 is pretty drat young for yospos

yeah this

sure there's jello and anal volcano but they're the exception, seems like 30+ is the norm with the average being ~40

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

how old is rotor for real

(this is not a joke, i'm very serious about this)

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sagebrush posted:

not as old as jackalope or d8, not sure how he got stuck with the "is old" title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Sagebrush posted:

i would guess like 35 or something tops i am 31 and met him in sf and he seemed about my age, i would be v. surprised if any older than 35 again tops