Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

CPL593H posted:

How am I just hearing of this now? I'm buying the poo poo out of that. Sundazed is probably my favorite reissue label.

Yeah, I really liked their Dylan reissues. And unlike other companies, they don't gouge their prices way up. With the exception of Blonde on Blonde, the Dylan issues were all under 20, if I remember correctly.

Edit: You should also get the 7" collection they released like two years ago. It has the mono single versions of a bunch of their songs, including "Stephanie Says"/"Temptation in Your Heart," which was never released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

Been out of the posting loop with moving and starting a new job so here's a massive update of what I've purchased in awhile:

Got these yesterday while I was back in Chicago for a wedding.

Recent Online purchases.

SA Mart order.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Blendy posted:

Been out of the posting loop with moving and starting a new job so here's a massive update of what I've purchased in awhile:

Got these yesterday while I was back in Chicago for a wedding.

Oh god I need to get Tilt on vinyl *drooooool*

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Cemetry Gator posted:

Yeah, I really liked their Dylan reissues. And unlike other companies, they don't gouge their prices way up. With the exception of Blonde on Blonde, the Dylan issues were all under 20, if I remember correctly.

Edit: You should also get the 7" collection they released like two years ago. It has the mono single versions of a bunch of their songs, including "Stephanie Says"/"Temptation in Your Heart," which was never released.

Their Stooges reissues are great too, but I think they're out of print now. And I was planning on picking up that collection of 7"s but I could't justify paying forty bucks for it.

theradiostillsucks
Feb 3, 2006

I am the undisputed king of an infinite amount of nothing, don't correct me when I'm wrong, I'm proud to wear the crown of fools
That Ike Reiko cover reminded me that one of our idiot customers where I work mauled the sticker on the cover of the new Crocodiles record so they could confirm the presence of/see the dick on the cover. I don't want to confirm every stereotype of record store employees ever as being hateful dicks, but a good portion of the customers we deal with on a daily basis are a little off at best and generally unpleasant people much of the rest of the time. Not to patronize the thread, but the vinyl crowd is much better in general, which I think has to do with the fact that most people still buying CDs are generally either older or haven't figured out how to use a computer.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Man, this Deerhoof - Breakup Song Flexi disc book is too cool to pass up.

Limited to 500 copies and you play the entire book instead of taking out individual flexis.

http://www.joyfulnoiserecordings.com/catalog/jnr102

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Limited to 500 copies and you play the entire book instead of taking out individual flexis.

Welp, there goes my willpower to stop buying records for a bit. I forgot to pre order the LP and I forgot it was coming out so soon. Guess I'll also need to stop by my local record store to see if they have a copy as I'm too impatient now to order online.

I Might Be Adam fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 4, 2012

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Spending the last day of Labor weekend listening to my newest arrival.

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 4, 2012

Surfingelectrode
Jan 17, 2006

Yeah, I know it's a drag...
but wastin' pigs is still radical.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

drat, I'm so broke right now and hate flexis, but I had to order a copy. That new Deerhoof album is so fuckng good.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

traveling midget posted:

Spending the last day of Labor weekend listening to my newest arrival.

I want this but I cannot bring myself to spend over $100 on it.

MONO's newest on milky white is a beautiful piece of art.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Finally grabbed a copy of DFA1979's RSD reissue for less than $80 (although it's around $80 after shipping to Australia, I guess but still) as well as Andrew WK's "I Get Wet" reissue. Have also been able to find a few of the DFA1979 7"s on Ebay, and considering they're my favourite band I'm justifying the cost to myself easily. Next will be getting all the LCD Soundsystem stuff I can get my hands on.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
For any Europeans (and Americans if you're willing to pay the shipping for it) that missed out the Magenta first pressing of Chromatics - Kill For Love and still want a piece, it's now available on Norman Records for a very reasonable 15 pounds.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
hope they're legit I just ordered one to the US.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

Action Serious posted:

Norman Records are cool, don't worry. I've ordered from the US. They even threw a little piece of British candy in the package.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I, Butthole posted:

Finally grabbed a copy of DFA1979's RSD reissue for less than $80 (although it's around $80 after shipping to Australia, I guess but still) as well as Andrew WK's "I Get Wet" reissue. Have also been able to find a few of the DFA1979 7"s on Ebay, and considering they're my favourite band I'm justifying the cost to myself easily. Next will be getting all the LCD Soundsystem stuff I can get my hands on.

I was so angry when I missed that Goon's vinyl sale that had the DFA1979 Heads Up Ep for $40. They're my favorite band as well.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Action Serious posted:

They're A-OK

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Speaking of British stuff, I didn't see it on here but the sublime compilation of Disco Inferno's Five EPs got a vinyl pressing:

http://indian.co.uk/shop/the-5-eps-1123.html

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I was so angry when I missed that Goon's vinyl sale that had the DFA1979 Heads Up Ep for $40. They're my favorite band as well.

God I want to find that so bad.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Some new stuff I've picked up recently:

* The Saddest Landscape + Pianos Become the Teeth split in clear navy blue
* Brand New - Daisy in black (used)
* Cut Teeth - Televandalism in black and grey
* You Blew It! - Grow Up, Dude in yellow
* MONO - For My Parents in white

Also, heads up: Red Album and Blue Record by Baroness have been re-issued!

http://www.relapse.com/search_result.php?search_by=artist&q=Baroness

Pounced on that poo poo immediately.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT
Reddit alerted me to the fact that Hot Topic have a 50% off deal, using these codes:

$15 off $30: AK74RQS5
$30 off $60: Bt16fjx8
$45 off $90: ???
$60 off $120: ???
$75 off $150: EC35UKD9

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Music/Vinyl.jsp

Grabbed Bloc Party, Foo Fighters, The Smashing Pumpkins and At The Drive-In, and some various 7"s and it covered the cost of shipping; still about half the price of what it cost to buy them locally.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

I, Butthole posted:

Reddit alerted me to the fact that Hot Topic have a 50% off deal, using these codes:

$15 off $30: AK74RQS5
$30 off $60: Bt16fjx8
$45 off $90: ???
$60 off $120: ???
$75 off $150: EC35UKD9

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Music/Vinyl.jsp

Grabbed Bloc Party, Foo Fighters, The Smashing Pumpkins and At The Drive-In, and some various 7"s and it covered the cost of shipping; still about half the price of what it cost to buy them locally.

Last time I went to Hot Topic's website was to grab about 10 LPs for $50 shipped and got some neat new albums that I didn't know existed but the selection they have now is strictly Screamo or whatever and punk/mall punk stuff. Sure, they have some solid records like Siamese Dream and some Pink Floyd records but that new Animal Collective record was the only one I felt like buying and couldn't find anything else to push me over $30.

Oh well, I need to stop buying records for a bit.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

I Might Be Adam posted:

Last time I went to Hot Topic's website was to grab about 10 LPs for $50 shipped and got some neat new albums that I didn't know existed but the selection they have now is strictly Screamo or whatever and punk/mall punk stuff. Sure, they have some solid records like Siamese Dream and some Pink Floyd records but that new Animal Collective record was the only one I felt like buying and couldn't find anything else to push me over $30.

Oh well, I need to stop buying records for a bit.

Only one I want is Siamese Dream, so I'm in the same boat.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I feel like Hot Topic stores are better than the website. This past Monday, I got Hatful of Hollow on vinyl (which I didn't even know was released in the US since I thought we only got the four main Smiths records). I also got "There is Nothing Left to Lose" by the Foo Fighters for ten bucks. Yeah. I love clearance.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Picked up the new Silversun Pickups and Screaming Females records, thanks for the heads-up. Selection other than those two was pretty dire though. I considered picking up the new Jeff the Brotherhood, but didn't feel like paying $20+ for it.

Rama Lama Magnus
Oct 31, 2004

Vegetable King
I have been on a Zappa binge this summer. These are the more unusual ones I've bought:

Zapped - early Bizarre compilation
Sheik Yerbouti Clean Cuts
Joe's Garage Special Promotional
The Old Masters Box One Sampler
Dancin' Fool - 12" disco version on both sides
Goblin Girl / Pink Napkins - picture disc

Bobby Brown / I Have Been In You & Dancin' Fool - 12"
Rare Meat - 6 track EP of pre-Mothers recordings
Pop History vol 7 - German double LP compilation of early Mothers
Freak Out - US mono
and some 7":
How Could I Bee Such A Fool / Help I'm A Rock
Lonely Little Girl / Mother People - DJ-version
Cosmic Debris / Uncle Remus - promo
Bobby Brown / Baby Snakes - the one with green letters
I Don't Wanna Get Drafted / Ancient Armaments
Love Of My Life / For The Young Sophisticate
Harder Than Your Husband / Dumb All Over
Valley Girl / Teenage Prostitute
Frank Zappa/David Bowie - What's It All About, interviews by Bill Huie from the Presbyterian Church! (MA 1824)

Solo On Guitar - bootleg of "The Guitar World According to Frank Zappa"
Guitar Hernia - another bootleg of "TGWAtFZ" + two bonus tracks
Pigs and Repugnance - Clear/multicolor vinyl bootleg, Ann Arbor 03-Dec-1967
Live in Europa - bootleg, Stockholm 30-Sep-1967 and Boston 1969
In Europe - bootleg on red vinyl, Rotterdam 27-Nov-1971
Dupree's Paradise - double LP bootleg, North Carolina 23-Feb-1973

Big Mother is Watching You - bootleg, USA 1-Sep-1984/12-Aug-1984/21-Jul-1984
All You Need Is Glove - double LP double LP, USA 1-Sep-1984/July 1984 + 2 tracks 1981
Carousel - double LP bootleg, Berlin 11-Sep-1984
Scherade pt 2 - double LP bootleg, Various Germany 1988
Norwegian Rhapsody vol 1 - double LP bootleg, Oslo 27-Apr-1988
FZ At Artisan - clear vinyl with a transparent PVC-sleeve boot of a unreleased Zappa produced album, live 1968-69

Rama Lama Magnus fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 7, 2012

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

Rama Lama Magnus posted:

I have been on a Zappa binge this summer.

Well, :drat:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

What tracks are on "Clean Cuts?" I'm just curious what songs they tried to sell to the radio? Did Jewish Princess make the cut?

Rama Lama Magnus
Oct 31, 2004

Vegetable King

Cemetry Gator posted:

What tracks are on "Clean Cuts?" I'm just curious what songs they tried to sell to the radio? Did Jewish Princess make the cut?

Jewish Princess, haha no.
They must have had a hard time because this is what they came up with:
Baby Snakes (a song about penises?), Tryin' To Grow A Chin, City Of Tiny Lites, Dancin' Fool, Flakes, Whatever Happened To All The Fun In The World & Rat Tomago

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

What do you guys do with the posters included in some releases? I've been leaving them in the sleeves, but I've been tempted to hang them up as of late.

The Read Menace
Apr 4, 2003

While walking around in LA I went to a record store where I found this. I thought it was odd that it was in the regular singles bin with the 99centers while the price on it was $80 (don't people usually keep stuff worth that much on the wall or something?).

I looked it up later and apparently this 7-incher sells for hundreds. I am thinking of going back to get it. Would that be overpaying? I don't have much of a Pumpkins collection but I could add this to my Mellon Collie and Siamese.

Lungs
Dec 20, 2005

Factory posted:

What do you guys do with the posters included in some releases? I've been leaving them in the sleeves, but I've been tempted to hang them up as of late.

I've had this dilemma too. I was reminded of it when I played Purple Rain the other day. The only reason for leaving them, I guess, is to increase resale value, but I can't see myself selling any of my records any time soon.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Factory posted:

I keep them in the sleeves because I'm kind of a sperglord, but I have no intention of ever parting with my record collection. And anyway I don't really have the wall space for it. Although I did pin up one of the little posters that came with the Devo Live 1981 record from RSD. Basically if you don't plan on reselling poo poo and are ok with your pristine posters having a few little holes, I say go for it.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

Durgoc posted:

While walking around in LA I went to a record store where I found this. I thought it was odd that it was in the regular singles bin with the 99centers while the price on it was $80 (don't people usually keep stuff worth that much on the wall or something?).

I looked it up later and apparently this 7-incher sells for hundreds. I am thinking of going back to get it. Would that be overpaying? I don't have much of a Pumpkins collection but I could add this to my Mellon Collie and Siamese.

That sounds like it's maybe a little expensive (I haven't really made a ton of attempts to find the Tristessa single), but given the song and the fact that it's a super early release I'd probably buy it. I'm also a huge Pumpkins fanboy so my opinion isn't really objective.

The Doo Do Chasers
Dec 27, 2008

:fella:Life is overwhelming:fella:

Factory posted:

Get some of that blue gum tack stuff. I've had no problems with it destroying my posters. It did take some paint off our wall though...

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

You can put them in a frame too.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Insound has an exclusive Gold Vinyl edition of Grizzly Bear's latest album for pre-order.

I'm not a fan, and it's Insound, but the band appeared to be really popular when they brought out their first album, so maybe someone here is interested and didn't know about the gold, goLD, GOLD!!!!

Also the soundtrack to Batman Begins got its first vinyl release for those wanting to make their Nolan Batman ost collection all completed and vinyl-y.

It's limited to 500 copies, oh my!

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Also the soundtrack to Batman Begins got its first vinyl release for those wanting to make their Nolan Batman ost collection all completed and vinyl-y.

drat, I have to order this. I am dying to get a copy of the Inception OST on vinyl too but they all sell for upwards of $300 so I will probably never own one :(

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
A local church was having a yard sale, so I figured, what the heck, I'll stop in. Usually the vinyl is tons of Lawrence Welk and Ray Conniff Singers or those dusty old box sets from the 50s of scratched up classical music. I got these for a buck each:

Donna Summer - Live and More (1978). Both discs are perfect.

Sanford-Townsend Band - Smoke From a Distant Fire (1977) (actually a re-issue of their self-titled debut). How 70s can you get?

Robert Redford - The Language and Music of the Wolves (1971). Kinda odd for me, but why not?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Insound has an exclusive Gold Vinyl edition of Grizzly Bear's latest album for pre-order.

I'm not a fan, and it's Insound, but the band appeared to be really popular when they brought out their firstthird album, so maybe someone here is interested and didn't know about the gold, goLD, GOLD!!!!

It was mentioned few pages back, but no harm in bringing it up again. I'm a fan and I preordered- and if the GB thread in NMD is any indication, I'm sure plenty of other goons would too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I noticed that site is also selling CDs of the Crocodile Dundee soundtrack. Who was asking for this?